Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 29/3/2013 8:17:55 PM   
fuzzy

There's one on at the moment for E45 cream. Plays out like the woman in the ad is some sort of crack addict, but what she's actually 'addicted' to is feckin' moisturiser. Makes no bloody sense. Awful, ill-conceived advert.

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 751
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/3/2013 10:29:37 PM   
will1000

The advert for the new HTC One and it's forward facing super loud speakers annoys me. The ad is good for the most part, but then it goes and spoil it by having hipsters gathering round to listen to their shitty music in bar...this advert should be banned because it promotes this type of behaviour. If I was in a bar and some twat started playing loud music through a phone (or any device) I would go over to their little crowd, remove the phone and proceed to beat them to death with it.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 752
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/3/2013 10:40:35 PM   
will1000

The new Diet Coke advert...not because of the super ripped half naked guy, but because of the double standards involved. As a man I am just supposed to accept that a group of women perving over said half naked man is socially acceptable. Lets do a role reversal. Group of men leering over a slim stacked chick who's mowing the lawn in her bra. I can already hear the feminist hordes calling Points of View in their thousands about how this sexist imagery is unacceptable and corrupting our youth.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 753
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/3/2013 10:47:11 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: will1000

The new Diet Coke advert...not because of the super ripped half naked guy, but because of the double standards involved. As a man I am just supposed to accept that a group of women perving over said half naked man is socially acceptable. Lets do a role reversal. Group of men leering over a slim stacked chick who's mowing the lawn in her bra. I can already hear the feminist hordes calling Points of View in their thousands about how this sexist imagery is unacceptable and corrupting our youth.

Oh yeah, THIS^

Say what now?

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 754
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 2/4/2013 12:52:47 PM   
Beno

That new Cuprinol one with the Shed that crys like a baby! Anyone connected with that ad should be sectioned.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 755
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 4/4/2013 12:12:02 AM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

That new Cuprinol one with the Shed that crys like a baby! Anyone connected with that ad should be sectioned.

Agreed. That ad is terrible. It makes no sense and is shit beyond belief.

The one that pisses me off right now? The one where the bloke who did CRIMEWATCH bumps into some guy when he's carrying some flowers, says 'sorry' and goes on about how 'sorry sometimes isn't enough'... I work very odd shifts, often nights, and sometimes I end up watching daytime TV, just to get me to sleep (hey, I have SCRUBS, THE NEW AVENGERS, MINDER, FRAZIER, THE SWEENEY and THE PROFESSIONALS... it ain't all Jeremy Kyle!)

It's a very standard ad, inoffensive in itself, but the fact that it plays ALL THE FUCKING TIME makes me want to punch myself in the cock whenever I see it. Or punch the CRIMEWATCH guy. Whatever.

Say what now?

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 756
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 6/4/2013 12:32:53 PM   
sanchia

The Cashlady advert for one of those companies which prey on the poor and desperate (only 2598% average apr on loans) which has multiply bankrupt Kerry Katona as the spokesperson. Having someone who has been bankrupt many, many times due to overspending and poor money management is the perfect person to sell the product of a company which preys upon people in debt as she obviously knows what she is talking about.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 757
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 27/4/2013 9:51:11 AM   
sanchia

The Asda one where the pregnant woman sits in a room surrounded by baby wipe packets. Partially it is due to the amateur performance of the voiceover (it sounds so incredibly artificial and false to my ears) and also when the line "They will think he is some kind of superman!" is used. Every time it makes me cringe with how poor it is.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 758
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 27/4/2013 10:37:37 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Any football betting advert that involves that bloody annoying Italian.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 759
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 27/4/2013 10:38:31 AM   
Juice Terry

quote:

The advert for the new HTC One and it's forward facing super loud speakers annoys me. The ad is good for the most part, but then it goes and spoil it by having hipsters gathering round to listen to their shitty music in bar...this advert should be banned because it promotes this type of behaviour. If I was in a bar and some twat started playing loud music through a phone (or any device) I would go over to their little crowd, remove the phone and proceed to beat them to death with it.

I definitely agree with this. Their behaviour is no different to a hooded little chav playing dubstep through their phone on the bus.

As far as adverts I hate go, there are absolutely loads. One that stands out in particular is the Bet365 advert with Ray Winstone, that gets shown at half-time in pretty much any football game on TV. The one that shows live odds for things like next goalscorer. It just seems to go further than most bookies adverts do in actually encouraging gambling. Personally I don't think that any adverts promoting gambling should be shown before the watershed, but that's a whole different debate.

Another advert that really winds me up is the Mars advert with the monks bell ringing, who then all eat a Mars Bar and start ringing those bells so much harder while 'Jump Around' plays in the background. I don't understand how a company as large as Mars could have looked at that advert and thought 'that's perfect'. It looks like it could have been written by students as part of their GCSE business studies course.

The Aldi beef advert annoys me too, the one with three farmers sat down on a hay bale where two of them say 'I like rearing British beef' and the third one says 'I like big, glossy musicals'. The advert would be inoffensive enough if it weren't for the fact that all three of them are clearly trying hard not to laugh at what is a fairly unfunny joke. That this must have been the best take says a lot about the time and care that Aldi put into their adverts.

Better call Saul

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 760
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 27/4/2013 3:38:47 PM   
Mister Coe

That new Coke Zero ad with the insufferably smug bloke who slips a Coke Zero cup inside a regular Coke cup (and somehow none of the cinema patrons notice they're drinking from two cups...) and then shows up on the cinema screen with the cheesiest demenour possible...

'Hi! I'm the guy who served you your Coke...'

Hi. I'm the guy whose going to punch you in the balls on the way out.

Say what now?

(in reply to Juice Terry)
Post #: 761
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 28/4/2013 9:58:49 AM   
sanchia

The Cadburys one where the suspiciously old young woman is singing to her teenaged boyfriend about how hot his father is. I think it may be the annoying quality of the song more than the concept of the advert and it just annoys me every time it is on (which appears to be every advertising break at the moment).

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 762
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 28/4/2013 4:26:03 PM   
dr. salvador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

That new Coke Zero ad with the insufferably smug bloke who slips a Coke Zero cup inside a regular Coke cup (and somehow none of the cinema patrons notice they're drinking from two cups...) and then shows up on the cinema screen with the cheesiest demenour possible...

'Hi! I'm the guy who served you your Coke...'

Hi. I'm the guy whose going to punch you in the balls on the way out.

I hate this one as well. The 'shocked' gasps of the moronic cinema go-ers is equally irritating.

< Message edited by dr. salvador -- 28/4/2013 4:35:11 PM >

"Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Together we are what we can't be alone,
We came to this country, you made it our home."

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 763
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 28/4/2013 8:55:09 PM   
Rebenectomy

^I'm pretty sure that there'd be some interesting trades description law suits if anyone tried that stunt in real life, I mean, what if someone had an allergy to something in coke zero?

Anyway, that Sky ad with Ruth Jones and Robert Lindsey nattering away as their souls slowly drain away in front of us has been grinding my gears for weeks now.

Body Hair Beautiful: An Armpits for August Special
http://www.lipstogetherandblow.com/2013/07/body-beautiful.html

(in reply to dr. salvador)
Post #: 764
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/4/2013 7:18:51 PM   
musht

What's up with the current alien trend?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Rebenectomy)
Post #: 765
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 3/5/2013 12:51:28 PM   
Titanm21

The Vauxhall 'Adam'.

The sense of desperation to appeal to the Hipster market on this one is sickening. As a man over the age of 25 I'd go out of my way to not buy this car based on this advert.

Instead I'd buy a 2nd Hand fiesta and write the word "TWAT” across the bonnet and wear 3D cinema glasses with the lenses pushed out while I drive to get the same effect.

< Message edited by Titanm21 -- 7/5/2013 10:35:13 AM >

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 766
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 3/5/2013 1:07:41 PM   
sharkboy

Moving from ads that should be banned to one that was - has anyone actually seen the racist Mountain Dew advert that Pepsico have just had to pull from broadcast stateside? Fuck me, what idiot thought that would be a good way to sell their product?

For those who haven't a clue what I'm on about, the advert (which has been described as "arguably the most racist commercial in history") features a heavily bruised and battered woman, obviously a victim of severe domestic violence, trying to pick out the perpetrator from a police line-up consisting of black males. And a goat (yes, you read that right). the twist to all this? It was the goat that did it. and it then proceeds to threaten the woman some more, using what could be best described as ebonic slang, to the extent that she flees the scene visibly distressed. While Pepsico are frantically firefighting by trying to remove all evidence that the ad even existed from youtube, I'm sure you can find it online if for no other reason than to stare in disbelief at what you're actually seeing onscreen.

And this somehow represents Mountain Dew - the drink for racial stereotypes and abusers of women.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 767
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 8/5/2013 8:03:27 PM   
Scruffybobby

Just saw one for Pimms with the bank raid that stops for "Pimms O'Clock" or whatever they call it. Fuck me I want to kill somebody for that piece of shit.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 768
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 8/5/2013 11:02:49 PM   
SadFace

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Moving from ads that should be banned to one that was - has anyone actually seen the racist Mountain Dew advert that Pepsico have just had to pull from broadcast stateside? Fuck me, what idiot thought that would be a good way to sell their product?

For those who haven't a clue what I'm on about, the advert (which has been described as "arguably the most racist commercial in history") features a heavily bruised and battered woman, obviously a victim of severe domestic violence, trying to pick out the perpetrator from a police line-up consisting of black males. And a goat (yes, you read that right). the twist to all this? It was the goat that did it. and it then proceeds to threaten the woman some more, using what could be best described as ebonic slang, to the extent that she flees the scene visibly distressed. While Pepsico are frantically firefighting by trying to remove all evidence that the ad even existed from youtube, I'm sure you can find it online if for no other reason than to stare in disbelief at what you're actually seeing onscreen.

And this somehow represents Mountain Dew - the drink for racial stereotypes and abusers of women.

That ad was made by Tyler the Creator. Says it all really.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 769
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 14/5/2013 4:53:40 PM   
will1000

Even though most adverts annoy me, my current most hated is the McDonald's one where the old boy farmer who lives with his dog on a remote island gets up at dawn to drive and catch a ferry just to get a sausage and egg mcmuffic...Just no! No one would go to all that effort to get a rubbery over seasoned processed piece of shit like that!

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 770
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 14/5/2013 9:00:57 PM   
Mister Coe

OK, I know this is an old one but that Kinder Surprise ad that's been playing for ages now...

Like Bill Bailey said (I'm paraphrasing here...) 'horrible chocolate and a rubbish toy... a double-whammy of disappointment!'

Yet still the curly-head kid and his mental mother clap like fuckwits when it explodes and produces toys that a kid from 1920 would look at and say 'well... that's a bit shit...'

Say what now?

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 771
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 14/5/2013 11:25:50 PM   
KnightofZyryab

quote:

Even though most adverts annoy me, my current most hated is the McDonald's one where the old boy farmer who lives with his dog on a remote island gets up at dawn to drive and catch a ferry just to get a sausage and egg mcmuffic...Just no! No one would go to all that effort to get a rubbery over seasoned processed piece of shit like that!

Even though I eat there far too frequently for my own liking, I can't stand nearly every MacDonalds advert. The mayo chicken for 99p are fucking annoying now, not to mention the 'you're alright' ad and any other MacDonalds ad which suggests they're more than a fast food chain. Like that one which cuts across different events in personal relationships to make it seem like MacDonalds is connected with the average schmuck. But that's marketing for you.

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 772
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 16/5/2013 8:42:36 AM   
filmburner30

"What are you driving?"

"Oh i have an Adam"
Seriously who names a Car Adam !!!!!!!!!!!! what next the latest Ford hot hatch will be called"KEVIN"

Terrible ad terrible name even bad 70s cars had better names like Princess,Allegro,Marina

< Message edited by filmburner30 -- 16/5/2013 8:43:45 AM >

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 773
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 20/6/2013 10:14:24 PM   
sanchia

Tesco Mobile "There is nothing funny about..." adverts.

They are certainly right there they are some of the worst adverts I have seen in a while. If there was actually some humour to the adverts it may work but they are so condescending.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to filmburner30)
Post #: 774
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 27/6/2013 12:36:15 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Tesco Mobile "There is nothing funny about..." adverts.

They are certainly right there they are some of the worst adverts I have seen in a while. If there was actually some humour to the adverts it may work but they are so condescending.

Was Ed Byrne really that hard up for cash?

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 775
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/6/2013 10:12:54 PM   
Mister Coe

So Al Pacino is now pimping for SKY..?

Say what now?

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 776
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 1/7/2013 9:44:22 AM  1 votes
Wild about Wilder

The one with the lady advertising cheap hotels ssssshhhhhh it's a secret.
OH IT'S A SECRET IS IT? SO YOU DON'T WANT ANYONE TO USE YOUR COMPANY THEN?

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 777
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 2/7/2013 7:35:36 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

She has nice legs though!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 778
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 2/7/2013 7:45:26 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

She has nice legs though!

She has quite nice everything by the look of it.

Joanna Lumley going on about Sky Go and watching Sky on her laptop whilst her husband watches something else in the lounge. Other than the whole little lady consigned to the kitchen whilst manly man takes the big television thing, why is she watching it on her laptop, can they not afford another television somewhere in the house?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 779
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 2/7/2013 8:03:01 PM   
indysgill

Lumley probably has another house, she could go there and watch!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI