Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 11/5/2012 2:42:16 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Whenever I'm watching Sky Sports and I see that little Italian man in the commentary box looking up I have to immediately change the channel, because I know what follows is about 90 seconds of him screaming 'One nil!' and 'Yeeeeeeeesssssss!' at the top of his lungs. It boils my piss to incandescent levels.

That's sort of like the free bet advert. I forget who exactly it's for but it's one of the betting websites, and it's pretty much just a bloke running around shouting and showing off his mobile. Add in the fact that they put John Mccririck into the latest one and it gets really annoying. Unfortunately, since I work in a betting shop, I get to see it more than a few times a day.

That would drive me to insanity. I would end up going postal within a week.

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 661
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 11/5/2012 3:01:41 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

Whenever I'm watching Sky Sports and I see that little Italian man in the commentary box looking up I have to immediately change the channel, because I know what follows is about 90 seconds of him screaming 'One nil!' and 'Yeeeeeeeesssssss!' at the top of his lungs. It boils my piss to incandescent levels.

Ladbrokes? Yep I'm with you there.

I thought Ray Winstone's Bet365 ones were doing a good job of turning him into a figure of ridicule, but they're Shakespearean compared to that "2-1! 2-1!!!!" nonsense.

I suspect I'm be using the mute button A LOT during Euro 2012 at half time.

< Message edited by Qwerty Norris -- 11/5/2012 3:03:48 PM >

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 662
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 13/5/2012 11:51:25 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Something similar happened in my work. A woman in her late 50's was going back to her desk and for whatever reason missed her seat when she went to sit down and went crashing to the ground ass first.

She's blaming work, somehow, because she missed her seat.

The joys of a litigious society. I heard one a few months ago about a woman who had few beverages, fell over on the way home and broke and arm and then sued the council because there was a small puddle on the dirt track she was walking down.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 663
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 13/5/2012 11:53:51 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

Something similar happened in my work. A woman in her late 50's was going back to her desk and for whatever reason missed her seat when she went to sit down and went crashing to the ground ass first.

The joys of a litigious society. I heard one a few months ago about a woman who had few beverages, fell over on the way home and broke and arm and then sued the council because there was a small puddle on the dirt track she was walking down.

A nightclub my brother worked in got sued because some bird got pissed, stood on her stool, fell off and broke her wrist. She got £2,000. Two grand for being a pissed idiot. It makes me want to weep.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 664
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 23/5/2012 12:35:09 AM   
Nihilism in the UK

I'm sick of the Pantene ad with Liv Tyler. It feels about a hundred times a day Liv is telling me that sometimes her hair is straight and sometimes it's curly.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 665
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 23/5/2012 4:04:11 PM   
fuzzy

Every advert that uses the olympics or olympians to endorse they're product - nevermind if the product has sod all to do with sport. I swear there's one at the moment using track and field to advertise tampons or something.

And don't get me started on that 'photography student' who takes photos on his camera while skydiving. Now I've never tried skydiving, but I'm guessing it's practically impossible to hold a flimsy touch screen device, go through the menus and not drop the damn thing. Then land successfully with no goggles on, even when you had them on while in mid air.

(in reply to Nihilism in the UK)
Post #: 666
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 23/5/2012 4:06:36 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nihilism in the UK

I'm sick of the Pantene ad with Liv Tyler. It feels about a hundred times a day Liv is telling me that sometimes her hair is straight and sometimes it's curly.

But it's ok, she's found a solution!

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

Every advert that uses the olympics or olympians to endorse they're product - nevermind if the product has sod all to do with sport. I swear there's one at the moment using track and field to advertise tampons or something.

You're absolutely right about the tampons. There's also the "Panasonic- the official TV of the Olympics" one. If only this meant we wouldn't have to suffer through all the Olympics-related shite unless we had one.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 667
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 23/5/2012 4:33:59 PM   
Chief

quote:

And don't get me started on that 'photography student' who takes photos on his camera while skydiving. Now I've never tried skydiving, but I'm guessing it's practically impossible to hold a flimsy touch screen device, go through the menus and not drop the damn thing. Then land successfully with no goggles on, even when you had them on while in mid air.

Olympians advertising Subway. I'm sure they eat them all the time and they're really good for you and will help you achieve physical perfection.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 668
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/5/2012 1:34:38 PM   
jcthefirst

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18243577

Some people need to get a life. I mean we get annoyed by ads, but none have ever offended me. And certainly not enough to complain about it.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 669
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/5/2012 10:33:49 PM   
Skiba

I actually once complained to the ASA about them upholding a complaint for a Channel 4/Six Feet Under ad campaign...they got under 50 complaints yet still upheld it. It was already running as a poster but it was due to run in some magazines that I was working on at the time.

These were a couple of them but there was a whole series and I thought they were really clever. One of the reasons was that they didn't actually have any branding for Channel 4 or the TV show so people would be confused!

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 670
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/5/2012 10:40:20 PM   
MonsterCat

lol mod missed JC's post.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013
Post #: 671
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/5/2012 10:43:35 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Whatcha talking 'bout Willis.......

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 672
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/5/2012 10:50:15 PM   
indysgill

Sun Bingoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NO! Fuck off!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 673
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 31/5/2012 10:39:43 AM   
Phoenix Wright

quote:

Agreed, whenever that advert is on I just think how easy it would be to drop the damn thing

Another one that starting to grate is the virgin media ad playing at the cinema (the one with the blonde guy from Hustle). It just comes across as the worlds biggest white whine, it's not the end of the world if there's 3 programs you want to watch on at the same time!

SEA BEARS FOAM, SLEEP BEARS DREAMS. BOTH END IN THE SAME WAY—CRASSSH!

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 674
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 31/5/2012 10:44:06 AM   
sanchia

The Bodyform one where she keeps going on about her fresh knickers if only for the fact when someone says knickers I seem to almost get whiplash.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Phoenix Wright)
Post #: 675
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 3/6/2012 7:29:10 PM   
RobotDevil

quote:

quote:

quote:

A nightclub my brother worked in got sued because some bird got pissed, stood on her stool, fell off and broke her wrist. She got £2,000. Two grand for being a pissed idiot. It makes me want to weep.

Yes, but they probably just gave her the cash to piss off as it saves the money and time they would otherwise spend fighting it. But in principle it is ridiculous.

I had Korean Barbecue for lunch - I cannot look at a Dr Moreau pigbaby.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 676
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 3/6/2012 10:28:45 PM   
sanchia

The new Strongbow advert with the band trying to get to the wedding. It is the bit at the end where the bloke is about to eat a slice of wedding cake with the bride on it which annoys me as no one would be that stupid. Unless they are suggesting drinking that drink makes you stupid?

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to RobotDevil)
Post #: 677
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 7/6/2012 1:53:01 PM   
fuzzy

The extremely annoying and extemely shouty Wowcher ads. I can feel my blood boiling just thinking of them.

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 678
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 7/6/2012 10:00:27 PM   
jcthefirst

Oh God, yes. They must say Wowcher about 20 times in one ad.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 679
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 10/6/2012 11:54:44 AM   
Ref

The sodding KAYAK.co.uk advert with the brain surgeon - don't find it funny at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flov7Q6pQNk

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

Hugh Dennis, Mock the Week

Icon created by the talented JaD

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 680
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 10/6/2012 12:10:16 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ref

The sodding KAYAK.co.uk advert with the brain surgeon - don't find it funny at all.

Thats alright.
Rather watch this than 99% of other rubbish adverts on TV.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 681
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 10/6/2012 12:19:05 PM   
Ref

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Thats alright.

It's on all the frigging time and I must say, I find it incredibly offensive.

Viewers of a nervous disposition may be interested to know that your television is off and I am speaking to you from inside your head...

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 682
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 10/6/2012 12:25:42 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thats alright.

ah,I see. My TV intake in a week probably amounts to at least 2 hours.
I don’t take it offensive though, just silly. And it does have some originality in it.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 683
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 10/6/2012 2:38:00 PM   
Ref

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thats alright.

I don’t take it offensive though, just silly. And it does have some originality in it.

See my TV intake is not a lot (still more than 2 hours a week). But just today in the space of 2 hours, I saw it 4 times!!

Post #: 684
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 10/6/2012 4:24:28 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thats alright.

See my TV intake is not a lot (still more than 2 hours a week). But just today in the space of 2 hours, I saw it 4 times!!

lol TV torture.
I still have a strong hatred/deslike for the Halifax and BT ads.

(in reply to Ref)
Post #: 685
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 11/6/2012 7:06:11 PM   
sanchia

That Snickers advert with Joan Collins in it. It just really irritates me (even more so when the long haired girly bloke with the beard takes over from Joan Collins).

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 686
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 14/6/2012 5:00:02 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nihilism in the UK

Hate that ad too Liv Taylor moaning about her hair give me a break and in such a childish voice too like she`s going to burst into tears over a few split ends get a grip woman!! The Youtube comments below the ad are really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liRgDTgihPI

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5

Post #: 687
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 14/6/2012 6:01:13 PM   
sanchia

Sun Bingo.

Just think that woman is probably going to look at the highlight of her acting career as having some balls on her head.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 688
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 14/6/2012 6:35:10 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

That Snickers advert with Joan Collins in it. It just really irritates me (even more so when the long haired girly bloke with the beard takes over from Joan Collins).

I really like that ad. Well, the first time I saw it I did.

I like that new(ish) Yorkie one too. With the bloke carrying in all the shopping in one go. It's a talent, I tell you.

@Jonny_C85

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 689
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 15/6/2012 2:47:28 PM   
indysgill

quote:

Sun Bingo.

Just think that woman is probably going to look at the highlight of her acting career as having some balls on her head.

I mentioned that earlier

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

Sun Bingoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

NO! Fuck off!

She looks very confused in that ad, poor sod.

There is a new one i saw last night for salad dressing where a woman basically makes the bottle ejaculate.
Stupidest thing I have seen in a long time.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 690
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI