Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 3/2/2012 2:07:15 AM   
Qwerty Norris

I've seen this advert hundreds & hundreds of times in the cinema now & still can't make any sense of it...other than the fact it corrupts my soul!

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 631
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 3/2/2012 10:25:28 AM   
Titanm21

Fucking Jennifer Lopez and that Fiat 500 advert...

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 632
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 3/2/2012 1:50:48 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

Fucking Jennifer Lopez and that Fiat 500 advert...

I find it funny that they cut it as soon as they all start dancing.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 633
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 6/2/2012 7:54:00 PM   
Le Tenia

That one for the all inclusive holidays with that Alan Carr lookalike. I'd love to smash his fucking smug face in with the business end of a claw hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!

" It's the age-old irony of the liberal left, they practice oppression and call it equality. "

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 634
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 6/2/2012 8:39:50 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

I've seen this advert hundreds & hundreds of times in the cinema now & still can't make any sense of it...other than the fact it corrupts my soul!

I love the top comment, "I'd rather have the gadget masters car :/"

It's such a shitty song too, how useful is a pasta making machine? Pretty useful if you want to make pasta!!

Post #: 635
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 6/2/2012 8:43:01 PM   
fuzzy

There's one on at the moment with some guy kinda rapping/rhyming his way through the ad. It's godawful but for the life of me can't remember what's being advertised.

And there was one on around Christmas with a camp Scottish guy talking quickly after taking a swig of J2O or something.

(in reply to Le Tenia)
Post #: 636
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 6/2/2012 10:28:04 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

There's one on at the moment with some guy kinda rapping/rhyming his way through the ad. It's godawful but for the life of me can't remember what's being advertised.

Could it be IKEA? That one's fucking awful as well....

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 637
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 6/2/2012 10:53:16 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

quote:

I think the one Fuzzy means is the one for a house searching website? A bloke fast talking the whle way through it while his pregnant girlfriend shouts random words?

I quite like the Ikea one, and my parents both loved that song when it was released.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

Post #: 638
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 7/2/2012 12:21:02 PM   
horribleives

Anyone see that new Oreos advert, the one with the precocious (ie, fucking irritating) little girl making a right 'nana out of her dipshit father?
If my daughter took apart a biscuit and started licking it before putting it back together she'd get a clip, and if she then procceeded to dip it in a glass of milk she'd be up for adoption. That's assuming she'd survived the sound thrashing she'd receive for asking me to buy bloody Oroes in the first place - a biscuit so bland it doesn't even know what colour it is.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 7/2/2012 12:45:31 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 639
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 7/2/2012 12:42:03 PM   
Arron_

Any toothpaste advert. They infuriate me. Apart from the old aquafresh ones.

In fact, only toothpaste adverts that throw in made up words and pretend to have members of the public eat an ice cube in what looks like a shopping centre.

"It really works".

Fuck off!

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 640
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 8/2/2012 9:41:15 AM   
filmburner30

The Tetleys ones between shows on ITV4 the beer is piss and the ads are poor make it stop.

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 641
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 8/2/2012 11:05:56 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: doubtlesswonder

quote:

quote:

I think the one Fuzzy means is the one for a house searching website? A bloke fast talking the whle way through it while his pregnant girlfriend shouts random words?

I quite like the Ikea one, and my parents both loved that song when it was released.

I fear for the well being of your family.

Oh; & that current BT one? (the one with the boy, girl & that utter, UTTER twat)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to doubtlesswonder)
Post #: 642
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 8/2/2012 11:41:56 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I hate the Halifax ads with a passion
Also the Pepsi ads with the 'kooky,cocky' guys....pricks.lol.

Post #: 643
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 11/4/2012 8:51:40 PM   
Scruffybobby

That M&S ad with Gary Barlow singing "Here Comes the Sun". Just really, really crap.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 644
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 13/4/2012 10:24:01 PM   
indysgill

Those Dulux paint adverts.

Each seems to say use our paints and you get sex. Case in point

Woman paints bedroom, ends up with 3 kids
Couple paint kids room, get saturday morning nooky time
Old couple paint lazy sons room, who moves out,..........

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 645
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 25/4/2012 9:40:38 PM   
Qwerty Norris

I'd just like to say now...

Out of all the things George Lucas has done in bleeding the star wars franchise completely dry, those Vodafone adverts with yoda are the absolute lowest of the low....and that includes the Holiday Special!

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 646
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 25/4/2012 10:49:58 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

That M&S ad with Gary Barlow singing "Here Comes the Sun". Just really, really crap.

Notice it has been raining constant since that advert started airing!

Those fucking PPI adverts, watching a program last week and they showed two after each other then another after two different ads!

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 647
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 25/4/2012 10:59:00 PM   
Skiba

The Direct Line insurance ads with Chris Addison and various other comedians...you'd think that they'd have just the slightest hint of humour in them but you just feel like you've missed the build up and just get the punchline. I'm assuming they've had no input on the scripts? When the bloke with the grey hair (why?) pulls away his fist-pump from Addison just makes me want to fist his fucking face!

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 648
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 6/5/2012 5:53:53 PM   
sanchia

The Oral B Pro Expert advert with the woman "not believing" the claims made than rubbing her teeth just after she woke up and the squeak because they are still clean. If she just woke up why has she a perfect face of makeup on and well coiffured hair?

Also the obligatory Haribo advert where the little Welsh girl is pretending to be a scientist seeing if the children can resist star mix, the prize being another one (why is it a prize if they are resistable, what is the motivation). It is like fingernails on a blackboard.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 649
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 6/5/2012 6:06:30 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

Also the obligatory Haribo advert where the little Welsh girl is pretending to be a scientist seeing if the children can resist star mix, the prize being another one (why is it a prize if they are resistable, what is the motivation). It is like fingernails on a blackboard.

The reason that annoys me is that it suggests that they are irresistible and a trait that only Haribo has, when in actual fact there was a scientific (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment) study doing exactly that experiment to see if children were able to see future reward as an incentive for present self denial.

Long story short, they can't.

From my POV the most annoying adverts are the ones for Argos with the blue aliens - it is just fucking stupid, no it's not cute, no it's not endearing the whole "fish out of water" bollocks is just crap.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 650
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 6/5/2012 6:15:29 PM   
sanchia

Those adverts are going to end in an operating theatre...

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 651
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 6/5/2012 8:20:50 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Wiggum

quote:

The reason that annoys me is that it suggests that they are irresistible and a trait that only Haribo has, when in actual fact there was a scientific (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_marshmallow_experiment) study doing exactly that experiment to see if children were able to see future reward as an incentive for present self denial.

From my POV the most annoying adverts are the ones for Argos with the blue aliens - it is just fucking stupid, no it's not cute, no it's not endearing the whole "fish out of water" bollocks is just crap.

They are seriously f*cking ugly too.

The Liv Tyler hair advert is annoying.
The Yoda advert is just cringeworthy.
The BT advert with the ginger young guy,oh..f*ck-off.

This is really showing my anger side lol

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 652
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 6/5/2012 8:56:55 PM   
Hood_Man

To go against the grain, I quite like the Stena Line advert with Dom Joly. There's nothing particularly special about it, Dom just seems like a likeable personality.

Post #: 653
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 9/5/2012 10:29:10 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Wiggum

quote:

They are seriously f*cking ugly too.

The Liv Tyler hair advert is annoying.
The Yoda advert is just cringeworthy.
The BT advert with the ginger young guy,oh..f*ck-off.

This is really showing my anger side lol

I was going to say the Argos aliens too.

The only alien-type that is any good is the Blue Energy one, though he looks more like a poo than E.T.!

They are now repeating the older Go Compare ads, as if the newer ones were any good.

Post #: 654
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 10/5/2012 3:02:58 AM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

They are now repeating the older Go Compare ads, as if the newer ones were any good.

I know, I nearly had a heart attack when the "classic one" in the coffee shop came on.

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 655
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 11/5/2012 12:14:45 AM   
Skiba

I've had the pleasure of a lot of daytime TV recently (well Sky Sports News on most of the day) and the amount of PPI, Injury, Wonga-type ads is quite shocking. One in particular is InjuryLawyers4U where you have four very smartly dressed and quite sinister looking people marching down the road telling you that "they're there for you" and "you deserve compensation" etc all being rather agressive compared to other injury claims ads. But then there's this version that is just plain ridiculous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHbNunk0xVY

A bit of completely out-of-place slapstick! Who exactly would be liable for her injury there? The company that laid the concrete for what looked like a perfectly good set of stairs? Or maybe the cobblers for not fixing the heel properly on her Jimmy Choo's?

"You've fallen over, someone is to blaim" Fuck off you're an idiot

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 656
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 11/5/2012 12:08:57 PM   
emogeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

I've had the pleasure of a lot of daytime TV recently (well Sky Sports News on most of the day) and the amount of PPI, Injury, Wonga-type ads is quite shocking. One in particular is InjuryLawyers4U where you have four very smartly dressed and quite sinister looking people marching down the road telling you that "they're there for you" and "you deserve compensation" etc all being rather agressive compared to other injury claims ads. But then there's this version that is just plain ridiculous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHbNunk0xVY

A bit of completely out-of-place slapstick! Who exactly would be liable for her injury there? The company that laid the concrete for what looked like a perfectly good set of stairs? Or maybe the cobblers for not fixing the heel properly on her Jimmy Choo's?

"You've fallen over, someone is to blaim" Fuck off you're an idiot

Slightly off topic, but walking to the office yesterday across a small wooden bridge by the harbour. Not enough room for two people trying to cross at the same time from opposite sides, so some guy waited on the other side to let me cross. As he was waiting, I upped the pace, and a combination of plenty of rain (meaning wet wood) and no grip whatsoever on my shoes meant I slipped halfway across (managed to keep upright, but cracked my arm something rotten on the handrail).

First thing the guy says to me when I (trying not to look nonchalant rather than the stupid tit I felt!) get across? Not "are you okay" or even "you stupid git"

"Where there's blame there's a claim"....

I nearly started a massive rant at him about who exactly was to blame. Because to my eyes the only person to blame was me due to trying to cross a wet surface too quickly in crap shoes. Unless he was accepting blame, knowing that had he not been there I would have been walking at a slower pace?

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 657
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 11/5/2012 12:14:04 PM   
jcthefirst

Something similar happened in my work. A woman in her late 50's was going back to her desk and for whatever reason missed her seat when she went to sit down and went crashing to the ground ass first.

She's blaming work, somehow, because she missed her seat.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 658
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 11/5/2012 12:28:18 PM   
superdan

Whenever I'm watching Sky Sports and I see that little Italian man in the commentary box looking up I have to immediately change the channel, because I know what follows is about 90 seconds of him screaming 'One nil!' and 'Yeeeeeeeesssssss!' at the top of his lungs. It boils my piss to incandescent levels.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 659
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 11/5/2012 2:32:35 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Whenever I'm watching Sky Sports and I see that little Italian man in the commentary box looking up I have to immediately change the channel, because I know what follows is about 90 seconds of him screaming 'One nil!' and 'Yeeeeeeeesssssss!' at the top of his lungs. It boils my piss to incandescent levels.

That's sort of like the free bet advert. I forget who exactly it's for but it's one of the betting websites, and it's pretty much just a bloke running around shouting and showing off his mobile. Add in the fact that they put John Mccririck into the latest one and it gets really annoying. Unfortunately, since I work in a betting shop, I get to see it more than a few times a day.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 660
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI