Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 29/6/2006 12:49:30 PM   
Cruisecontroller

Some ads should be banned just for being bloody annoying. The Elephant.co.uk ads spring to mind, Shelias Wheels with that stupid bloke in a dress with a high pitch voice singing with the girls in a car but the worst at the moment is the current Frosties ad. You know the ad I mean with the blond teenage kid singing "Their gonnas taste great, their gonna taste great, their gonna taste great, THEIR GONNA TASTE GREAT!" Arrgh brain damage! 

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

Last five movies seen & rated by me.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5
5.Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones. 3/5
Post #: 1
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 29/6/2006 3:35:18 PM   
Zaphod121

that one were the woman records her husband while hes on the phone getting car insurance or something, is there life that dull, it needs to go

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

(in reply to Cruisecontroller)
Post #: 2
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 29/6/2006 4:28:36 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cruisecontroller
The worst at the moment is the current Frosties ad. You know the ad I mean with the blond teenage kid singing "Their gonnas taste great, their gonna taste great, their gonna taste great, THEIR GONNA TASTE GREAT!" Arrgh brain damage! 

That has just made me laugh very hard. I was just about tolerating it until he said "And a pi-rate" WHAT!!!! He hasn't even said it right!! Very annoying. Any beauty product ads should be banned thanks to the sheer volume of them. Once I sat through 5 minutes worth of haircare adverts!!!!!!!!!! The bigsmall one is annoying too.
The best one is the Honda one with the balls bouncing down the street, just in case anyone's interested.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

Post #: 3
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 29/6/2006 4:46:43 PM   
Merly

Yes Car credit and just about any advert about Loans. Bloody Carol Bloody vorderman and her First choice loans ad

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 4
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 29/6/2006 6:21:09 PM   
Hood_Man

I hear rumors that the Frosties kid is dead.  Either he committed suicide by hanging himself with his playstation controller cord (), got stabbed, or died of cancer and making the ad was his dying wish ().

Believe what you want, I'm just the messenger boy.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 5
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/6/2006 7:23:56 PM   
obsessive_chick

Anything with Crazy Frog in. 

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 6
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/6/2006 7:25:49 PM   
fattaxi

Ha Ha Ha Deffo ban the Frosties add.... Did he say you can eat them on a plate? Who eats ceral on a plate?

(in reply to obsessive_chick)
Post #: 7
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 30/6/2006 7:30:47 PM   
meh...

I HATE the weetabix ad. "today i decided to add strawberries and kiwis to my bowl of weetabix and-" OH SHUT UP!! I DON'T CARE!

i get very angry when i watch it.

< Message edited by meh... -- 30/6/2006 7:31:24 PM >

I don't discriminate. I HATE EVERYONE!

myspace.com/probablyconfused

(in reply to fattaxi)
Post #: 8
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 2/7/2006 12:12:39 AM   
Ripper

That Nissan one where the choir make the noises of the car. Bad enough on telly but my local cinema insists on making you sit through an extended what feels like 5 minute version. Bastards.

I think we can all agree, history is in the past

- George Dubya Bush

Some say he only knows two things about ducks .... and both of them are wrong

(in reply to meh...)
Post #: 9
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 2/7/2006 11:11:09 AM   
i007_Bond_007i

You mean the Honda advert... All their adverts are quite quirky.

'An actor is at most a poet, and at least an entertainer.'

Jack Bauer refused the Godfather's offer.

'Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas - whatever.'

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 10
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 2/7/2006 12:11:54 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

quote:

The best one is the Honda one with the balls bouncing down the street, just in case anyone's interested.

Um...isnt that the Sony Bravia ad? With the Jose Gonzales 'Heartbeats' track on it?
Y'know... 'Colour, like no other'?

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 Ė June 15, 2008

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 11
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 2/7/2006 3:33:06 PM   
Henry JW

Carol Vorderman adverts. Full stop.

And the one where Davina McCall is speaking to her mother on the phone about her hair...

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 12
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 2/7/2006 4:38:19 PM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cabal aka Boone

quote:

Um...isnt that the Sony Bravia ad? With the Jose Gonzales 'Heartbeats' track on it?
Y'know... 'Colour, like no other'?

Bugger. Still, it is the best one.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 13
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 17/7/2006 11:22:38 PM   
shiny mouse

How about "lindas story" It's an ad for toothpaste for sensitive teeth. This woman went to Italy and all she can talk about it how the ice cream made her teeth hurt, every time you take a mouthful its "going to catch you"  aaargh!
This household has dubbed her eyebrow woman - she has two fuzzy caterpillars on her face, as the dialogue is so damn banal they're the thing that grabs the attention. We all leap for the remote when this bint "graces" our screen as it helps us to blot it all out... grr! 

Tweezers, learn to use 'em you bint    

it's a dangerous business, going out of your door...

(in reply to Henry JW)
Post #: 14
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 17/7/2006 11:54:50 PM   
24Dan

Admiral Car Insurance
"They say im to young for car insurance"

YOUR 40 SOMETHING FOR FUCK SAKE!!!! JESUS H CHRIST!!!!!!

"They're gonna taste great" if only you could shoot people on the telly.

Professional Analrapist

(in reply to shiny mouse)
Post #: 15
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 12:01:51 AM   
Henry JW

Has anyone seen the advert for that Kylie Minogue interview about her Breast Cancer on Sky One? they won't stop plugging it. It's a woman with breast cancer! hardly news. Judging by the ad itself  'When my Doctor told me (long pause) I (pause) went si...(pause) ...lent'  it sounds like the most boring show ever. Just a long interview and worst of all it's presented by Cat Deeley.

(in reply to 24Dan)
Post #: 16
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 1:57:33 AM   
Boring Prophet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I hear rumors that the Frosties kid is dead.  Either he committed suicide by hanging himself with his playstation controller cord (), got stabbed, or died of cancer and making the ad was his dying wish ().

Fucking surreal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frosties_Kid

quote:

Has anyone seen the advert for that Kylie Minogue interview about her Breast Cancer on Sky One? they won't stop plugging it. It's a woman with breast cancer! hardly news. Judging by the ad itself  'When my Doctor told me (long pause) I (pause) went si...(pause) ...lent'  it sounds like the most boring show ever. Just a long interview and worst of all it's presented by Cat Deeley.

I know!! Millions of people get cancer and survive, but it happens to a famous person and they get an hour of primetime TV to talk about it. It's mental.

< Message edited by Boring Prophet -- 18/7/2006 2:02:12 AM >

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 17
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 1:38:57 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

Fucking surreal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Frosties_Kid

quote:

I know!! Millions of people get cancer and survive, but it happens to a famous person and they get an hour of primetime TV to talk about it. It's mental.

According to Scott Mills on Radio 1 the Frosties Kid is fine and its all a fake rumour. He phoned Frosties HQ and they confirmned it wasn`t true. As for Kylie Minogue yes millions get cancer and she did get off lightly so far compared to some who die from it. However her story of how she is surviving and trying to overcome it is inspirational to anyone affected by the disease which can only be a good thing. I thankfully haven`t been affected by breast cancer but did find her interview very moving and she did come across as a very brave and inspiring fighter. So leave her alone! Her courage deserves attention and praise. 

MyDVDCollection.http://www.empireonline.com/myempire/mydvdcollection.asp?UID=49319b

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

(in reply to Boring Prophet)
Post #: 18
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 1:59:19 PM   
munro7

The most annoying adverts are the Vauxhall Meriva/Zafira ads with those 2 irritating wee mutants and the bloody Marks & Spencer ads - "It's not just food", I think you'll find it is actually.

Best advert of all time is the old Miller one with the boy and his "fox hat"

It's only funny till someone loses an eye.

Post #: 19
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 2:01:04 PM   
Helo

The 'Quote Me Happy' adverts.  Just pisses me off that it takes me an age to get insurance quotes on the phone or internet and these b*****ds just say 'it's a hatchback' an lo and behold start having a bloody orgasm there and then

The AA Kev and Bev adverts.... do I really need to explain?

"But it's Swiss!"

"Five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit."

Post #: 20
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 2:15:05 PM   
Merly

I donít know about annoying but that Ad for Foxy Bingo.com really freaks me out. Iím not kidding it really scares me. That guy dressed as a fox is so sinister looking. Reminds me of nightmares I used to have as a child. *shudders* Yes yes in this heat I have the chills just thinking about it. My boyf thinks Iím a loon but I have to leave the room when it comes on.

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 21
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 2:57:00 PM   
Boring Prophet

I HATE the fucking Sheila's Wheels ads. Someday I might set up an insurance company just for men out of spite and see how many complaints I get for discrimination against women. The ads are just so fucking smug about themselves.

quote:

According to Scott Mills on Radio 1 the Frosties Kid is fine and its all a fake rumour. He phoned Frosties HQ and they confirmned it wasn`t true. As for Kylie Minogue yes millions get cancer and she did get off lightly so far compared to some who die from it. However her story of how she is surviving and trying to overcome it is inspirational to anyone affected by the disease which can only be a good thing. I thankfully haven`t been affected by breast cancer but did find her interview very moving and she did come across as a very brave and inspiring fighter. So leave her alone! Her courage deserves attention and praise.

Ok then, I'm sorry.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 22
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 3:03:44 PM   
lympo

That picture loan advert or whatever it is when his next door neighbour happens to be on the phone to the insurance company and he lends him the phone. And the one with a mans wife filming him phoning the insurance place- WHY?! God knows what you do in your spare time.

If you read this,you are stupid.

Post #: 23
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 5:30:31 PM   
Cruisecontroller

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

I HATE the fucking Sheila's Wheels ads. Someday I might set up an insurance company just for men out of spite and see how many complaints I get for discrimination against women. The ads are just so fucking smug about themselves.

quote:

Ok then, I'm sorry.

I forgive you not sure Kylie would though! Couldn`t agree more about Shelias Wheels. The tune is actually quite catchy but when that bloody guy comes on wearing a dress and sings in that high pitch voice boy its annoying.

1.12 Years A Slave. 4/5
2.Robocop. (1987) 3/5
3.Devils Due.3/5
4.American Hustle. 4/5

Post #: 24
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 5:37:18 PM   
Henry JW

Hey Sheilas Wheels aren't as bad those Diamond Car Insurance adverts for women. I remember they had the worst acting. Fortunately Sheilas Wheels has showed up foiling their feminist dream...

Anything with fake interviews is bad as well.

Post #: 25
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 6:00:31 PM   
doubleshiny

quote:

ORIGINAL: shiny mouse

How about "lindas story" It's an ad for toothpaste for sensitive teeth. This woman went to Italy and all she can talk about it how the ice cream made her teeth hurt, every time you take a mouthful its "going to catch you"  aaargh!
This household has dubbed her eyebrow woman - she has two fuzzy caterpillars on her face, as the dialogue is so damn banal they're the thing that grabs the attention. We all leap for the remote when this bint "graces" our screen as it helps us to blot it all out... grr! 

YES YES YES. This is exactly what I was about to post. "It's going to catch you", it's fucking ice cream not the SS!

I hate the Picture loans one with the dickhead husband : "No forms? Oh, one less job for her!" Piss off!

"Claire, that's disgusting" - Sylar, Season 3

Post #: 26
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 7:01:30 PM   
nicholsonsmhead

The Injury Lawyers 4 U ad that they keep rehashing does my head in on a grand scale. When they say 'Will I receive 100% of the compensation?' (shudder) - It's the 'Is it safe?' for the new milennium. I like the Sheila's Wheels ads, then again i liked the KFC ad were they talked with their mouthful.
On the subject of Kylie Minogue, Steven Gerrard's girlfriend (what's her name? anyone?) said in her newspaper column that she loved the Mia Farrow haircut that Kylie was 'rocking'. Like she changed her style by choice for christs sake. Phone the Tact Police!

'Does the codename 'Sapphire' mean anything to you?'

'Hey, what if we cross-circuit the accelerator? Might give us more er...er, ohms or something.'

'Hi, I'm Max Keller. I'm a seagull.'

(in reply to doubleshiny)
Post #: 27
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 7:10:01 PM   
Ripper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Henry JW

Hey Sheilas Wheels aren't as bad those Diamond Car Insurance adverts for women. I remember they had the worst acting. Fortunately Sheilas Wheels has showed up foiling their feminist dream...

Anything with fake interviews is bad as well.

At least sheilas wheels have the decency to know their ads are bad. The Diamond ones are more wooden than the amazon rainforest

I think we can all agree, history is in the past

- George Dubya Bush

Some say he only knows two things about ducks .... and both of them are wrong

(in reply to Henry JW)
Post #: 28
The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 7:53:01 PM   
The Mighty Quinn

The Fanta "bamboocha" adverts. 

"The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother, and I call him Gamblor! We must save your mother from his neon claws!"

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 29
RE: The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. - 18/7/2006 8:24:48 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: shiny mouse

I HATE that one. Her and her bloody iiiiiiice cream, yah. How dumb could they be hiring someone do bloody annoying?!?

ANd still the 118 promos of course. The dolls one I've seen lately on one of the satellite ones are just as bad. And the insurance promo with the woman and her pregnancy test - I think they might be round Veronica Mars? Definitely one of the satellite as I've been shoving them from Sky + to DVD and they are very annoying.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Most Annoying Ads On TV That Should Be Banned. Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI