Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Spurs - 06/07

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Spurs - 06/07 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 11:06:37 AM   
Beno

Im a Newcastle fan so i aint from one of the other cockernee tribes , so dont judge me as such when i say that these types of incedents, ie fans geeting on pitch, are happening too often . If players are not safe and stewards not good enough then its the home teams full
responsibility. Dont know the rules but as for last night its down to THFC as it would be at any home ground even NUFC.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Dragon Lady)
Post #: 121
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 11:14:33 AM   
buckets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

Im a Newcastle fan so i aint from one of the other cockernee tribes , so dont judge me as such when i say that these types of incedents, ie fans geeting on pitch, are happening too often . If players are not safe and stewards not good enough then its the home teams full
responsibility. Dont know the rules but as for last night its down to THFC as it would be at any home ground even NUFC.

It is the home teams responsibility but unfortunately you cannot police everyone, look at when that Birmingham fan ran on the pitch and did the wanker sign right in front of Enklemans face (how he didn't smack the twat is way beyond my reckoning), all it takes is one moron and the team are shafted, we've done soo much in this country to stop the 'moronic' football fan but we can't just sit back and rest on our laurels it has to be kept up and the only way to completely stop this is to erect large fences again which in my opinion would be a gigantic step back.

Why does everyone laugh when someone runs on the pitch with thier 'lad' out but is completely outraged when someone confronts a player because it's a very fine line between the 2?

More beans Mr Taggart?

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 122
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 12:54:01 PM   
DJ Satan

According to the BBC there was one fan from each club involved.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to buckets)
Post #: 123
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 1:03:37 PM   
PatBateman

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

According to the BBC there was one fan from each club involved.

Then they should both be banned for life. But I'm gonna take a wild guess it was the Spurs fan who tried to punch Lamps.

WARNING: I may google your name because I'm a bit nosey.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 124
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 1:48:12 PM   
*emz6*

The chelsea fan was just trying to celebrate with the players. Still wrong though.

(in reply to PatBateman)
Post #: 125
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 3:23:35 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

But should Drogba and Cole be banned/fined/arrested for the sneeky stamps and kicks?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 126
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 3:45:17 PM   
PatBateman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

But should Drogba and Cole be banned/fined/arrested for the sneeky stamps and kicks?

I'd give the guys a medal.

The fan had no right being on the pitch, let alone trying to assault a footballer. I don't care if it's Chelsea players, Utd players, hell Robbie Savage could've kicked the guys in the nuts I'd have still said the bloke got everything he deserved.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 127
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 8:12:50 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: PatBateman

quote:

I'd give the guys a medal.

The fan had no right being on the pitch, let alone trying to assault a footballer. I don't care if it's Chelsea players, Utd players, hell Robbie Savage could've kicked the guys in the nuts I'd have still said the bloke got everything he deserved.

good idea pat!  Infact lets give the victoria cross to anyone who is caught doing this type of thing in a town centre.

Footballers, not only do they want this guy jailed for swinging a single punch but it is also ok to run 20 yards to put the boot in!

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to PatBateman)
Post #: 128
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 8:29:35 PM   
Joe

What pissed me off most about the whole thing was Jamie Redknapp. David Navarro breaks a guy's nose and his attitude was "we hate to see that, but ohhh he didn't half connect well" meanwhile cousin Frankie dodges a punch and you'd swear it was an assasination attempt judging by Jamie's hysterics.

Richard Keys didn't help either - "possible life threatening situation"? Bollocks.

Redknapp asked "what if he had a knife?"

Compare THIS (look four minutes in when he notes that Navarro "catches him a beauty)

with the hysterics of last night.

< Message edited by Joe -- 20/3/2007 9:29:21 PM >

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

Post #: 129
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 9:59:48 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

He needs to be locked up

Yeah I forgot if its on a football pitch the normal rules of society don't apply do they. Footballers should be treated differently yada yada yada

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 130
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 10:29:22 PM   
*emz6*

i thought Jamie went a bit OTT but i suppose being that its a family member you have a more instinctive reaction that isnt always measured. Maybe in retrospect Jamie will think its not as bad as all that. Have to say though, if the guy did have a knife, which is a fair point, it could have been a dangerous situation, not just for the players but also for the stewards.

Post #: 131
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 10:38:23 PM   
matthewforan

I was a bit of a neutral watching the game and i actually didn't see the whole incident. What actually happened with the Chelsea players? Did they go for the guy after he took a swing at Lampard? To be fair nobody knew if he had a weapon and so any over reactions shouldn't be criticized in my personal opinion, you've got to remember that footballers have a right to protect themselves too.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 132
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 10:47:35 PM   
*emz6*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AafP6H-Uasc

really all they do is crowd around him, if you think at the time there was no way of the players knowing what had actually happened, whether he had a bottle or knife or anything like that so i dont think they overreact.

< Message edited by *emz6* -- 20/3/2007 10:49:14 PM >

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 133
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 11:37:26 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Jesus I'd like to know how he would of gotten a knife into a ground. At the United/Everton game my mate had to drink his bottle to proove it wasn't anything more serious.

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to *emz6*)
Post #: 134
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 11:39:56 PM   
PatBateman

quote:

Jesus I'd like to know how he would of gotten a knife into a ground. At the United/Everton game my mate had to drink his bottle to proove it wasn't anything more serious.

It really wouldn't be that hard.

Post #: 135
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 20/3/2007 11:44:25 PM   
matthewforan

Looking at that video Drogba does seem to stamp on the idiot that came on. It was a hell of a dodge by Lampard though. The guy should spend a few months in the big house in my opinion.

As for security it's not as though they frisk you or anything so you never can tell.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Punchdrunk RIP

Post #: 136
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 21/3/2007 9:52:57 AM   
Joe

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

Looking at that video Drogba does seem to stamp on the idiot that came on. It was a hell of a dodge by Lampard though. The guy should spend a few months in the big house in my opinion.

As for security it's not as though they frisk you or anything so you never can tell.

What's the kind of punishment handed out for attempted assault? If he's a first time offender etc? Suspended sentence?

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

Post #: 137
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 21/3/2007 10:12:38 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe

quote:

What's the kind of punishment handed out for attempted assault? If he's a first time offender etc? Suspended sentence?

A PS3 and a Sony X series I think

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 138
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 21/3/2007 10:26:43 AM   
matthewforan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe

quote:

I think that he might get about 2 months if he's had other offences but if not he'll probably just get a suspended sentence, with community service or something along those lines.

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 139
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 21/3/2007 12:33:32 PM   
buckets

Im with Bob on this one (very rare I know but I actually do agree), shouldn't the players be made to face assult charges?

More beans Mr Taggart?

Post #: 140
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 5/4/2007 8:24:50 PM   
theram05

So now we have a small number of spurs fans disgracing themselves, good week in europe....

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to buckets)
Post #: 141
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 5/4/2007 8:28:28 PM   
PatBateman

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

So now we have a small number of spurs fans disgracing themselves, good week in europe....

Out of interest, have you ever been to an away match in Europe?

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 142
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 5/4/2007 8:49:39 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Seriously though, watching the footage the Police aren't reacting, the Sevilla fans have moved away. It's the Spurs fans throwing chairs at the police, shouting in their face and threatening to punch them. I can't see anyone else to blame in this one than the Spurs fans, although I could be wrong.

And it's not just because  I'm an Arsenal fan.....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to PatBateman)
Post #: 143
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 5/4/2007 8:54:31 PM   
PatBateman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Seriously though, watching the footage the Police aren't reacting, the Sevilla fans have moved away. It's the Spurs fans throwing chairs at the police, shouting in their face and threatening to punch them. I can't see anyone else to blame in this one than the Spurs fans, although I could be wrong.

And it's not just because  I'm an Arsenal fan.....

You could be wrong, because you don;t know the facts. You've seen about 60 seconds of it on tv, not what led up to it so it's a bit early to be blaming it all on the Spurs fans.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 144
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 5/4/2007 9:22:42 PM   
theram05

quote:

quote:

Yep. You ever been to an U21B hurling game in Wicklow?

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to PatBateman)
Post #: 145
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 5/4/2007 9:25:05 PM   
PatBateman

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope. Sounds thrilling though.

My point was that a lot of the policing overseas in European games can be quite 'strong'.

The problem lies with large groups of men gathering together in a 'pack' mentality. That applies to both sets of supporters and the police as well.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 146
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 5/4/2007 9:26:52 PM   
theram05

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nope. Sounds thrilling though.

My point was that a lot of the policing overseas in European games can be quite 'strong'.

The problem lies with large groups of men gathering together in a 'pack' mentality. That applies to both sets of supporters and the police as well.

You dont know what you've missed then, and really cant comment on violent sporting situations with absolute authority then.

And yes I know how the policing can be, doesnt justify ripping seats up to use as weapons though.

(in reply to PatBateman)
Post #: 147
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 5/4/2007 9:30:57 PM   
PatBateman

quote:

You dont know what you've missed then, and really cant comment on violent sporting situations with absolute authority then.

I don't think there's anything I can comment on with 'absolute authority' and don't think I've ever really tried?

Wait, do you think that because you've been to this event that you can comment with 'absolute authority'?

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 148
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 5/4/2007 9:32:16 PM   
Boring Prophet

I'd rather talk about what a shit decision it was by the referee to give Sevilla a penalty. Fucking disgrace, to be honest. Another piece of evidence to go on the 'Why we need video replays' pile, because frankly, it's getting a bit out of hand.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 149
RE: Spurs - 06/07 - 5/4/2007 9:33:26 PM   
PatBateman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

I'd rather talk about what a shit decision it was by the referee to give Sevilla a penalty. Fucking disgrace, to be honest. Another piece of evidence to go on the 'Why we need video replays' pile, because frankly, it's getting a bit out of hand.

It was a shocker and decisions like that don't help the crowd situations.

(in reply to Boring Prophet)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Spurs - 06/07 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI