Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! Page: <<   < prev  23 24 25 26 [27]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 14/6/2012 10:45:45 AM   
Skiba

Grass ain't always greener etc etc

Funny listening to Spurs fans on the radio last night with the majority actually happy he's going. Every one of them saying "he's taken us as far as he can" How far, exactly, do they think someone else will be able to take them? He made some bad mistakes this season and shouldn't have let Arsenal catch them, but they would've qualified for the CL had it been any other season.

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 781
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 14/6/2012 10:49:11 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18428876

It is just me or is Steve McClaren abit tipsey in this vid.
His mannerisms are all over the place.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 782
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 14/6/2012 11:25:01 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skiba

Grass ain't always greener etc etc

Funny listening to Spurs fans on the radio last night with the majority actually happy he's going. Every one of them saying "he's taken us as far as he can" How far, exactly, do they think someone else will be able to take them? He made some bad mistakes this season and shouldn't have let Arsenal catch them, but they would've qualified for the CL had it been any other season.

Harrys a poor manager, he spends a lot of money and achieves very little in comparison.
Rather like his media darling associate MON.

I see Fabio in the hot seat over Moyes although Advocaat might be given a shout with his work for Russia. Incidentally can someone explain to me "the Spurs way" because apparently Moyes doesn't fit it.
I never realised Spurs had a way, or does this live with the unicorns alongside the "west ham way".

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 14/6/2012 2:07:59 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 783
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 14/6/2012 11:40:10 AM   
Skiba

But he really isn't a poor manager though...first manager to get them in the CL, and if he'd have been backed in January, they may well have had a shout at the title

I love the way he gets labelled a media darling, because what? He talks to the press and says things that are far more interesting that 99% of the managers out there? He gets asked a question, he answeres it...that's why the media like him. Media darling is such fucking cliche.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 784
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 14/6/2012 11:47:14 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

But he really isn't a poor manager though...first manager to get them in the CL, and if he'd have been backed in January, they may well have had a shout at the title

I love the way he gets labelled a media darling, because what? He talks to the press and says things that are far more interesting that 99% of the managers out there? He gets asked a question, he answeres it...that's why the media like him. Media darling is such fucking cliche.

Is it though? Why is Roy getting so much grief from the press for drawing with France?
I'd suggest it has a lot to do with "wheeler dealer" Harry not getting the job.
Why didn't Harry get the same critism fired at Wenger early season for throwing away 3rd in the manner Spurs did?
How about the mess he has left Pompy in with the reckless spending undertaken during his time in charge?

First Spurs manager to get to the CL he might be, but look at the money he has spent?
You say backed in January but how much more backing did he want? The board had kept all the players he wanted, brought in new ones in the summer, and then he wants even more?
Bale is one of the best examples, he was about to be sold to Forest for a couple of million but they couldn't afford to make the deal, the following season he was a world beater.
He did the same with Walker where he was about to be dumped out, Harry didn't want Naughton or Walker, but Walkers performances at Villa drew interest elsewhere and Harry finally put him ahead of Hutton. A season later he's pushing for a placed in the England team.

On the new guy, how longs Hiddink got on his contract with the Russians?

Edit: Just checked he's got a year left apparently.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 14/6/2012 2:05:54 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 785
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 21/6/2012 11:03:40 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I'm starting to think that AVB really is a bit of a tit.

According to reports, he's unhappy that Spurs are in discussions with other candidates for the job. Does he really think he's all that after one good season in Portugal and the 2nd tier European trophy and a fairly calamitous few months at Chelsea?

If they've offered him the job, fair enough. If not, why not explore other options.

Post #: 786
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 3/7/2012 2:57:35 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

AVP appointed, I used to quite like him as well, for shame.

So which players are going to be first to complain about the new stricter regime?

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 3/7/2012 2:58:35 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 787
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 3/7/2012 3:22:43 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

So which players are going to be first to complain about the new stricter regime?

Does it matter really? Most of them have'nt won much so their arguments can hold no weight.

Post #: 788
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 3/7/2012 3:31:28 PM   
directorscut

quote:

The English ones.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 789
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 3/7/2012 3:45:48 PM   
Olaf

Hoping that this goes horrifically wrong, but worried that it's going to go very well for Spurs - the players at his disposal are much more suited for the style of football he tried to implement at Chelsea, not as many egos to deal with (except his own, I suppose) and - possibly most crucially - the desire to prove his doubters wrong might be the best motivation he could get. Interesting to see how he gets on.

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 790
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 3/7/2012 4:00:15 PM   
Skiba

Spurs needed to someone to build on what Redknapp had done but I think this is going to set them back

There's a fake AVB on Twitter and he posted this

"Now that I'm about to join spurs how about a change of logo?"

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 791
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 3/7/2012 11:43:25 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Well one things for sure, there will be goals at White Hart Lane next season - at both ends.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 792
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 4/7/2012 9:25:06 AM   
impqueen

I think he will do well but I wouldnt mind if he crashed and burned if only because its always embarrassing to see people weve fired do well. Its not as awkward as it would be if/when Mourinho comes back to the Premier League but still its never nice running into an ex and even worse if they are doing better than you.

Yes, always.

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 793
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 4/7/2012 12:49:52 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I see this as a very risky appointment. Harry might have taken the Spurs team as far as he could, but that was to a top 4 team. Its not going to be an easy task to keep Spurs there - especially if Modric departs to Spain and they can't do a deal for Adebayor.

AVB didn't do anything to impress me at Chelsea where he seemed to go a little bit meglomaniac, be interesting to see what happens here.

See that Sigi has now joined. I didn't get to see that much of him last season, so hope he's a good buy for Spurs who I'd not have thought were lacking mid-field options.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 4/7/2012 1:00:14 PM >

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 794
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 4/7/2012 2:37:09 PM   
Skiba

If he does well, then I'll hold my hands up...I just wonder how many Spurs fans thought that he'd be any good for them when he was busy making them laugh when he was with us!

< Message edited by Skiba -- 4/7/2012 2:38:35 PM >

Post #: 795
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 4/7/2012 6:51:46 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

Is it though? Why is Roy getting so much grief from the press for drawing with France?
I'd suggest it has a lot to do with "wheeler dealer" Harry not getting the job.
Why didn't Harry get the same critism fired at Wenger early season for throwing away 3rd in the manner Spurs did?
How about the mess he has left Pompy in with the reckless spending undertaken during his time in charge?

First Spurs manager to get to the CL he might be, but look at the money he has spent?
You say backed in January but how much more backing did he want? The board had kept all the players he wanted, brought in new ones in the summer, and then he wants even more?
Bale is one of the best examples, he was about to be sold to Forest for a couple of million but they couldn't afford to make the deal, the following season he was a world beater.
He did the same with Walker where he was about to be dumped out, Harry didn't want Naughton or Walker, but Walkers performances at Villa drew interest elsewhere and Harry finally put him ahead of Hutton. A season later he's pushing for a placed in the England team.

On the new guy, how longs Hiddink got on his contract with the Russians?

Edit: Just checked he's got a year left apparently.

Fack off, he's a fackin' football managa'

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 796
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 19/7/2012 2:29:01 PM   
Scott_

Sad to see Ledley King has had to call it a day. Brilliant defender when he was fit, shame about his knee cos surely he would have gone down as one of the best defenders England have ever produced.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 797
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 19/7/2012 2:34:20 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Really an amazing player - to put in the performances he did with chronic injuries and not being able to train. Still at 31 he's had a decent career, I actually thought he was younger

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 798
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 17/8/2012 9:12:20 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Looks like Modric is off then. No surprises there and it sounds like Spurs are getting a reasonable price for him. I'll miss him in the PL I think he's a great player. But the attitude sucks. I've no time for players who decide they don't want to play for the team they have signed a contract with.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 799
RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! - 17/8/2012 3:05:27 PM   
Saltire

Moutinho then for Spurs? AVB has been after him for a while and he looked excellent particularly in the Euros.

Post #: 800
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 25 26 [27]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Spurs - Gareth Bale - Messiah! Page: <<   < prev  23 24 25 26 [27]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI