Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man United - 06/07

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man United - 06/07 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 20/7/2006 2:58:24 PM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

But their defence failed to cope in the league, hence why they did so poorly (by their own standards).

Yet a season on they'll surely have settled in further as shown by how their league form took up towards the end of the season.

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 91
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 26/7/2006 7:38:09 PM   
Starscream

Ooooo one of our hidden gems is playing againist celtic

Lee Martin along with some other kids and reserves

Its on Channel 5 now peeps

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 92
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 26/7/2006 7:45:33 PM   
Starscream

Im starting to get worried that hes not playing David Jones

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 93
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 26/7/2006 8:29:22 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Smithy has made a shock return to training this week, a month ahead of schedule which is great news.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 94
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 26/7/2006 8:55:34 PM   
Jack of Blades

I did say he would return pretty soon. I'm glad he's being converted back, although he played well, he couldn't replace Keane.

When I'm at the pearly gates, this will be on my videotape...

Post #: 95
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 26/7/2006 9:39:40 PM   
Starscream

Celtic 0 - 3 Man Utd

Evans and a Scholesy brace

The kids look very good especially Johnny Evans and Lee Martin

(in reply to Jack of Blades)
Post #: 96
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 26/7/2006 10:22:52 PM   
Jack of Blades

Yeah, didn't hear much of Rossi.

When I'm at the pearly gates, this will be on my videotape...

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 97
Hargreaves In United Talks - 16/8/2006 2:33:22 PM   
rick_7

I bet Fergie can haggle Bayern up to at least £28million.

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Blog: DJANGO! DUMBO! DESPICABLE ME 2! Plus: other stuff.

"Nothin's really been right since Sam the Lion died."

(in reply to jimminycrickets)
Post #: 98
RE: Hargreaves In United Talks - 19/8/2006 10:40:55 AM   
borstal

I see BM are saying they will keep Hargreaves. I reckon they are just playing poker here, they are stalling for more money.

He has said he wants to join Utd and they want to buy him and if we did I would be a very happy man.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 99
RE: Hargreaves In United Talks - 19/8/2006 3:11:13 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I didn't realise you were a United fan or infact a football fan Borstal. 

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 100
RE: Hargreaves In United Talks - 19/8/2006 4:55:48 PM   
borstal

multi-faceted me!

I'll be there tomorrow eating my steak slice and drinking a half time bovril

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

Post #: 101
RE: Hargreaves In United Talks - 20/8/2006 4:27:14 PM   
borstal

Dammit theyve stopped doing steak slices!

Well that was a good result eh? Piss funny seeing the Fulham fans shut up after 25 minutes. Some great attacking football from us and a pretty poor performance from Fulham.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 102
RE: Hargreaves In United Talks - 20/8/2006 4:41:55 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Those first 19 minutes were amazing, constant fast flowing attacking football and four goals to boot. Was a little dissapointed that we sat back and only got another goal after then, we could have gotten a good 5 or 6 more goals in the first half alone.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 103
RE: Hargreaves In United Talks - 20/8/2006 5:22:21 PM   
RolloTommassi

Hey, Rangers man here, just thought i'd give my thumbs up to your two players on loan at us, Bardsley i saw a few times prior to yesterday, solid defender, had a very good game for us yesterday, as for Lee Martin, brilliant, very very talented player who will be a star for us in his time here.

What do you's think of their chances at Man U when they return?

"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention."

Post #: 104
RE: Hargreaves In United Talks - 20/8/2006 5:47:58 PM   
Starscream

quote:

ORIGINAL: RolloTommassi

Hey, Rangers man here, just thought i'd give my thumbs up to your two players on loan at us, Bardsley i saw a few times prior to yesterday, solid defender, had a very good game for us yesterday, as for Lee Martin, brilliant, very very talented player who will be a star for us in his time here.

What do you's think of their chances at Man U when they return?

Lee Martin will make it at united. Bardsley im not sure because we have another right back coming though behind him called Darron Simpson

(in reply to RolloTommassi)
Post #: 105
RE: Hargreaves In United Talks - 20/8/2006 6:03:02 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

We have Wes Brown more like 

No doubt when Red Nev packs it in, we'll move Brown to the right and play Vidic in the centre. Personally Martin looked good but too ambitious and not strong enough, he gets pushed off the ball (legally) very easily. Bardsley I don't rate at all, I'd rather you keep him.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 106
RE: Hargreaves In United Talks - 20/8/2006 7:22:47 PM   
RolloTommassi

What kind of price bracket would Bardsley fall into then, if he was to be sold on?

As for Martin, if he keeps it up the way he's played here so far he'll definitely get tougher, or broken in half(i hope not), either way he'll learn and gain experience!

Definitely a hot prospect!

"Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you've got their strict attention."

Post #: 107
RE: Hargreaves In United Talks - 20/8/2006 7:30:09 PM   
James2183

Hargreaves has apparently been dropped for the latest Bayern game which could suggest something is taking place between them and United. Or, they are trying to teach him a lesson which might be a bit silly since he already wants to go and a move like this would just make it worse surely?

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 108
RE: Hargreaves In United Talks - 20/8/2006 8:22:28 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

http://home.skysports.com/matchreport.aspx?fxid=306701

I just noticed that too James, he wasn't even on the bench, looks like very good news for Utd. He's obviously fit to play as he played for England, and they wouldn't be punishing him, as their stance on the whole thing was all our plans are based around the player and we want to keep him.

Looks to me like a deal is likely to happen in the next few days.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 109
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 20/8/2006 9:44:54 PM   
danbo1138

not a fan of fotty sorry im lost ......c yaa

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

Post #: 110
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 21/8/2006 11:54:04 AM   
Joe

Bayern have said yet again that they won't sell, Fergie confirms that they won't budge.

Still, after yesterdays game I couldn't help thinking - where would you put Carrick? He's no holding player, but Scholes played very well. Obviously Hargreaves would come in for O'Shea (who I also thoght had a good game) but I wonder...

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 111
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 21/8/2006 12:35:57 PM   
Bruce Wayne

great game yesterday, the first half was a corker, watch out Chelsea.

Let's hug it out bitch

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 112
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 21/8/2006 4:45:55 PM   
RolloTommassi

quote:

ORIGINAL: danbo1138

not a fan of fotty sorry im lost ......c yaa

Best post ever!

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 113
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 21/8/2006 5:18:29 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I think Utd were at their best when they were really going at teams, but they've not really done that in the last 6 years.  Yesterday it looked like they were back to this way of playing and so they should be with all the pace that is now in the team.  I do think that Saha could be a 25 goal a season man if he is able to keep fit. 

I'd love to see them win the Premiership again in this manner of playing as at least they are exciting when they do so, whereas Chelsea has been technically proficient, but also dull as ditch water.

Post #: 114
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 27/8/2006 2:06:59 PM   
Joe

Hmmm...not a great performance yesterday but still a win is a win. I just hope that Utd arent flattering to decieve, 3 for 3 yes, but hardly illustrious opposition. The others in the "big 4" aside we'll need to do well against the likes of Villa, Spurs and the like.

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 115
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 31/8/2006 7:49:22 AM   
borstal

Jesus

Rossi is on loan at Newcastle. Im hoping this is a sign of an imminent transfer of Tevez or Trezeget. Utd have constantly been looking for another striker after Ruud left so we loan a potentially fantastic talent out?

Obviously good business in the long term as Rossi gets a better chance of 1st team football but we also need short term success

Post #: 116
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 31/8/2006 9:33:31 AM   
theram05

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Jesus

Rossi is on loan at Newcastle. Im hoping this is a sign of an imminent transfer of Tevez or Trezeget. Utd have constantly been looking for another striker after Ruud left so we loan a potentially fantastic talent out?

Obviously good business in the long term as Rossi gets a better chance of 1st team football but we also need short term success

I'm gonna put my neck out here guys, ye'll have Defoe before the end of the day, wait and see....

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 117
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 31/8/2006 7:38:26 PM   
Joe

Well it certainly aint Tevez...

Eric Cantona

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 118
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 1/9/2006 1:15:17 AM   
batrico

Well its now  past the deadline and no announcement on any new additions hope we get a suprise in the morning or else letting Rossi go could haunt us.

"I aim to misbehave"

"Oh God Oh God we're all Gonna Die"

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 119
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 3/9/2006 1:13:14 PM   
Joe

quote:

Manchester United "were never interested'' in Carlos Tevez and turned down the opportunity to sign Javier Mascherano, according to the club's chief executive David Gill.
The arrival of the highly-rated midfielder and his fellow Argentina international Carlos Tevez at West Ham on transfer deadline day sparked a major debate over just how the Londoners had managed to beat the likes of United, Arsenal and Chelsea to their signatures.
However, Gill revealed that as late as last week, United had the chance to snap up Mascherano on a short-term deal.
He said: "We were never interested in Tevez. Mascherano, we were offered him.
"We watched him throughout last season and he played at the World Cup, clearly. We were offered him at the start of the summer transfer window for a significant sum.
"The manager and his staff did not want to pursue that. We were also offered him towards the back end of last week in a loan-type deal for a year, and again we were not interested in that.
"From Manchester United's perspective, Tevez was never on the shopping list. Mascherano we watched closely and very carefully and the experts on that area in our club determined that we did not want to go for him."
United have refused to rule out making another bid for Bayern Munich's Owen Hargreaves in January.
Gill admitted their interest in the midfielder, who played a starring role in England's 5-0 defeat of Andorra at Old Trafford on Saturday, would persist despite Bayern's refusal to sell this summer.
He told BBC Radio 5 Live's Sportsweek show: "Owen was on record as being very interested in coming to us and we were clearly very interested in Owen.
"He is a player we have had on the list for quite a while, actually.
"Obviously Bayern were very keen - and are very keen - to keep him. We will have to see.
"If that situation does not change, then obviously we will not acquire Owen.
"But Bayern have indicated to me that they will let us know if the situation changes and at that point, we hopefully can consummate a deal.
"These things do not just happen on January 1, one has discussions around the year on these particular transactions."
Gill's comments came amid criticism from fans that the club were not active enough towards the end of the transfer window as both Chelsea and Arsenal strengthened.
However, having invested heavily in midfielder Michael Carrick and goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak following the arrivals of Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra in January, Gill defended the club's activity.
He said: "We understand the frustration of fans, who feel we should have been more active.
"But we are very conscious that the quality in our squad is very high and therefore the players we bring in must add to that quality, they must be defined as reasonably valued and very critically, we believe, they must want to be a Manchester United player.
"They are the players we are interested in."
Gill, who insisted the club had not tried to sign France striker David Trezeguet from Juventus, further promised the cash which had not been spent this summer would be available to manager Sir Alex Ferguson in January and beyond.
He said: "Our transfer policy evolves according to what the manager wants and the budget will allow.
"It is important to know just because we have not spent the money we had anticipated in this window, that money is not lost.
"That money will be carried forward, those funds will be available for the right player at the right time.
"I do not think our policy has changed at all."
Meanwhile, United expect to sit down with star striker Wayne Rooney and thrash out a new long-term contract within the next few months.
The 20-year-old is currently two years into a six-year deal, but both he and his employers have shown a willingness to extend that sooner rather than later.
Gill said: "He is a key player for us and his eagerness to sign a long-term deal is great.
"I think there will be developments on that in the course of the next two or three months.
"We want to sit down and tie him to the club for longer, and really importantly for us and for our fans, he wants to do that."

Eric Cantona

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man United - 06/07 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI