Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread Page: <<   < prev  310 311 [312] 313 314   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 31/1/2013 1:19:54 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

You mean shouldn't have a negative player at your club because he used to play for Man Utd?

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 31/1/2013 1:20:56 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 9331
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 31/1/2013 1:26:25 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

You mean shouldn't have a negative player at your club because he used to play for Man Utd?

No I mean he's been there, he's made those mistakes, you shouldn't be making out that a player should dwell on the mistake and completely forget about the great saves he made. He was saying we shouldn't be saying he kept us in the game but that he cost us two points, which is completely incorrect, had he not made those saves it would have been a win for Spurs not a draw.

I'm not saying he should ignore criticism, you need to take note of your mistakes and build upon them as you have a better understanding of where you've gone wrong.

I think it was Tony Cotton or Schmeichel who best summed up how out of place Neville's comments were.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 9332
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 31/1/2013 1:32:41 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

No I mean he's been there, he's made those mistakes, you shouldn't be making out that a player should dwell on the mistake and completely forget about the great saves he made. He was saying we shouldn't be saying he kept us in the game but that he cost us two points, which is completely incorrect, had he not made those saves it would have been a win for Spurs not a draw.

I'm not saying he should ignore criticism, you need to take note of your mistakes and build upon them as you have a better understanding of where you've gone wrong.

I think it was Tony Cotton or Schmeichel who best summed up how out of place Neville's comments were.

Btw, i remember Fergie did have a go at all the media/pundits on the anti-De Gea bandwagon, and possibly in the same sentence (although indirectly) at Neville too.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 9333
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 31/1/2013 1:33:16 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

Neville's pretty much the Paul Thomas Anderson of football punditry - I doubt he'll lose any sleep over what Uwe Boll thinks.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 9334
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 31/1/2013 1:36:27 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

Neville's pretty much the Paul Thomas Anderson of football punditry - I doubt he'll lose any sleep over what Uwe Boll thinks.

Maybe so, but I think De Gea may be more interested in the opinion of arguably the clubs greatest ever goalkeeper rather than Neville's and it's this reaction I'm more concerned by than Neville's

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 9335
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 31/1/2013 2:14:22 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

Maybe so, but I think De Gea may be more interested in the opinion of arguably the clubs greatest ever goalkeeper rather than Neville's and it's this reaction I'm more concerned by than Neville's

quote:

Tony Cotton

If that's the case why shouldn't Neville be entitled to his opinion?

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 9336
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 31/1/2013 2:16:54 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Wouldn't go that far.

On De Gea.Well, I start on the positives.
He's a great shot stopper,no denying that,and his reactions are impeccably good due to his concentration and possibly down to his slight frame.
He's possibly one of the best goal keepers in the world with the ball at his feet and his distribution at times is world class.He doesn't just boot the ball centrally like most GK's,he see's himself,once the ball is at his feet,to be an outfield player with the intelligence of keeping possession for his team.

Negatives

Communication.It's not a question rether he has learned the language or not,but it is an importance that when he does communicate with the defense then his words must meet the defenders with defiance and ,above all else,confidence.
Handling.Rether that be corners or just general shots that come his way he,in no uncertain terms,looks unconfident and unreliable and that/this will invariably put the defense under pressure due to:1.the defense not feeling comfortable who is present in goal and 2.The opposition will get alot of confidence from such uncertainty.
Build.He is frail,now that can create its benefits (noted above) but also its dangers,and one of those dangers is his presence competing rether that be free-kick,corners and throw-ins.

Now all this comes down to his potential.
United fans have said that De Gea will get better but there is no certainty on that opinion.There has been players in the past with potential only to go down the route of not progressing,and David could easily be one of them,just as much as he could become a great keeper.

Have I seen enough to justify his potential?
No,not yet.His negatives far out weigh his positives and I think Uniteds defenders know that due to them being so damn nervous when he's in the net,and the same can easily be applied to Lindergaard.

In hindsight signing De Gea was a bad move,admirable ie going for potential and youth,but a bad decision none-the less.
I wouldn't be surprised to see United bring in a experienced GK in the summer.

edit:
Concerning Fergies comments regarding calling criticisms of his GK.
Frankly its nothing news.Fergie or any manager will always take the spotlight/blame from his players and this is no different.
What Fergie will say behind closed doors though is a different matter.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 31/1/2013 2:40:04 PM >

Post #: 9337
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/2/2013 6:17:05 PM   
directorscut

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 9338
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/2/2013 7:36:29 PM   
Nexus Wookie

YEEESSSSS!!!

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 9339
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 13/2/2013 8:36:56 PM   
borstal

Welbeck could have had two there but a nicely taken header from Ronny

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9340
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 14/2/2013 9:13:04 AM   
borstal

I thought Welbeck and Jones did well last night. Rooney was at times wonderful and poor but De Gea was fantastic. How many shots does he stop with his feet? Its odd but it works.

So Reading next after two big games, Fergie fields a weaker side and we drop points?

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 9341
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 14/2/2013 9:18:11 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

I thought Welbeckand Jones did well last night. Rooney was at times wonderful and poor but De Gea was fantastic. How many shots does he stop with his feet? Its odd but it works.

So Reading next after two big games, Fergie fields a weaker side and we drop points?

Nah, i doubt it. If by weaker you mean Chico, Nani or even Scholes have to play, i wouldn't be too worried mate....

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 9342
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 14/2/2013 9:25:13 AM   
borstal

Oops. Just realised Reading is FA Cup

Post #: 9343
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 20/2/2013 1:27:10 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

So David Gill has announced he's stepping down at the end of the season, and whilst his replacement has been a fixture at Utd since the pre Glazer days it does make me wonder if a change in the way we operate in the market could change amongst other things as the old regime is phased out.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 9344
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/3/2013 10:00:41 AM   
Professor Moriarty

1 year deal for Giggs. What a stalwart he's been.

Post #: 9345
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/3/2013 10:26:08 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Never see a player like again in my lifetime in this League, I'm willing to put big bucks on that.

Won't forget seeing him score live, an absolute beauty of a goal in 2009 at Upton Park against West Ham. Bit of a dull game really up until that point but the way he jinked his way past two defenders and somehow found the far side of the net from a good 20 yards out made every minute of it worth it, a true professional, an amazing athlete and raw footballing talent if ever there was! Ronaldo was a complete prissy that entire game, Giggs was the total opposite.

Yep that's right (some) United fans, I've been to see one more United game than you!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9346
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/3/2013 9:22:58 AM   
jonson

quote:

Incredible really. He's only 5 months younger than me, and my football career ended in the 90's. (not that I was a proffessional footballer before you all get excited )
I think he's acknowledged across Europe now, as one of, if not the most consistent top flight footballer of the last 20 years. I think in 40 or 50 years Giggs will be talked about above the likes of Best and Charlton, he'll be remembered as a Man U legend, easily, perhaps THE biggest servant to the club. A statue at OT will surely be the next thing, a knighthood is on the cards without a shadow of a doubt.
If he ever fucking retires that is.
Its a shame however he never got to play on the big international stage. Sadly he has been playing at a time when most other Wales players are shit.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 9347
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/3/2013 3:06:57 PM   
Rinc

Rooney and Van Persie playing today. I think Fergie's right to play them, try to get the win sorted and then take them off. It could backfire if they get injured though.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 9348
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/3/2013 3:08:55 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Over in Madrid they are resting a few players. So having to play Kaka, Benzema and Modric

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 9349
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/3/2013 3:13:30 PM   
Rinc

I know, it's ridiculous! This is their team: Diego Lopez; Ramos, Varane, Pepe, Coentrao; Modric, Kaka, Essien; Callejon, Morata, Benzema.

And they're one up!

If anyone's interested in watching it let me know.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 9350
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/3/2013 3:15:22 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

I know, it's ridiculous! This is their team: Diego Lopez; Ramos, Varane, Pepe, Coentrao; Modric, Kaka, Essien; Callejon, Morata, Benzema.

Their wage bill is probably still less than Arsenal's somehow

quote:

I'm watching it

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 2/3/2013 3:17:06 PM >

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 9351
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/3/2013 3:21:29 PM   
Rinc

quote:

quote:

I'm watching it

The wonders of the internet eh?

I'm at home all today on my own as well. I've got the football on and I'm really tempted to start up a game of Football Manager. Must. Resist.

Otherwise I won't do anything else today but play that.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 9352
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/3/2013 3:31:41 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

Rooney and Van Persie playing today. I think Fergie's right to play them, try to get the win sorted and then take them off. It could backfire if they get injured though.

I can see the idea to go 15 points clear but:

1) What if RvP gets injured?
2) Clear vote of no confidence in Wellbeck and Hernandez

quote:

The wonders of the internet eh?

Yes. I get to sit on the first row to watch games like this

I had to bin my copy of Football Manager. It was the very definition of obsession.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 2/3/2013 3:34:06 PM >

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 9353
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/3/2013 4:39:36 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Pleased to see Kagawa on the scoresheet. Don't think we've seen the best of him by any means this season. Injury kind of spoilt any momentum he might have had, but I think he'll come into his own next season.

Post #: 9354
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/3/2013 4:49:44 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Shinji Kagawa.....HATTRICK! Wow.

Post #: 9355
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 4/3/2013 10:25:38 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Anyone else watching the channel 5 doc on the Munich plane crash? Heart wrenching stuff

Post #: 9356
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 4/3/2013 11:54:20 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

Anyone else watching the channel 5 doc on the Munich plane crash? Heart wrenching stuff

No but I was just at a loose end for something to watch and that sounds just the ticket so I'm heading over to Channel 5 On Demand as we speak. Cheers!

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 9357
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/3/2013 6:45:28 PM   
Skiba

No Rooney...big call

Have a good time, all the time.

Post #: 9358
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/3/2013 7:02:52 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Giggs starting is arguably a bigger call. I can see the merit in bringing him on if we need to close out the game but starting him against a midfield with as much quality as Madrid's is quite risky IMO.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 5/3/2013 7:05:24 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 9359
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/3/2013 7:09:19 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Giggs starting is arguably a bigger call. I can see the merit in bringing him on if we need to close out the game but starting him against a midfield with as much quality as Madrid's is quite risky IMO.

I agree. Also IMO big call to have Kagawa on the bench after the game he had at the weekend, and Nani starts!

Looks like this will be a Utd set up to defend and try to hit on the break. Its a tactic and it shows Real the respect they deserve, but it just feels so un-Utd like to not be set up to attack at home.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9360
Page:   <<   < prev  310 311 [312] 313 314   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread Page: <<   < prev  310 311 [312] 313 314   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI