Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread Page: <<   < prev  309 310 [311] 312 313   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/1/2013 7:15:33 PM   
Nexus Wookie

United just don't know when they're down do they?

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9301
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/1/2013 7:18:07 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

That RVP goal was class.
This was always going to be a difficult game for Machester United and I think a draw is a good result.I can see Manchester United going through now.
Kagawa needs to step-up though,may take him a whole season to do so.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 5/1/2013 7:36:40 PM >

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9302
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/1/2013 7:34:47 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

That RVP goal was class.
This was always going to be a difficult game for Mnachester United and I think a draw is a good result.I can see Manchester United going through now.
Kagawa needs to step-up though,may take him a whole season to do so.

It was. What a pass from Giggsy. What a goal from RvP. Perfection.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 9303
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/1/2013 7:42:05 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I think the whole Utd team has to step up.

SAF is juggling a few injuries. Its clear that Vidic is struggling, and why would he not be, that's two potentially career-ending injuries in two seasons. And it may take him until March until he's playing like his old self. Rio has his problems, Rooney is missing for a couple, etc.

But this Utd team has excelled in its ability to push on as a team. And it doesn't hurt when they have RvP who can do what he does and do it so well. And really look like he's enjoying his football at the same time.

They have a lead in the PL, but that will be eroded. They have a really tricky tie in Europe against a good team that is struggling domestically. And I suspect SAF would have preferred not to have to play this one again, but he does and it will be interesting to see how he sets the team up and plays the 2nd half of the season.

I also wonder if Sneijder burnt his bridges with Fergie last season, or could still land there.

Post #: 9304
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/1/2013 7:46:08 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I think the whole Utd team has to step up.

SAF is juggling a few injuries. Its clear that Vidic is struggling, and why would he not be, that's two potentially career-ending injuries in two seasons. And it may take him until March until he's playing like his old self. Rio has his problems, Rooney is missing for a couple, etc.

But this Utd team has excelled in its ability to push on as a team. And it doesn't hurt when they have RvP who can do what he does and do it so well. And really look like he's enjoying his football at the same time.

They have a lead in the PL, but that will be eroded. They have a really tricky tie in Europe against a good team that is struggling domestically. And I suspect SAF would have preferred not to have to play this one again, but he does and it will be interesting to see how he sets the team up and plays the 2nd half of the season.

I also wonder if Sneijder burnt his bridges with Fergie last season, or could still land there.

His wage demands are what stoped Ferguson going in the last time and I cant see them changing much.
Plus I dont think a creative player like Sniejder is exactly what United need,also if United did show there interest it would indicate what a pointless signing Kagawa was (obviously he isn't,because he's a good young developing player).

I really dont think this one game would matter much for United.Actually Ferguson looked extremely relieved to still be in the comp.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 5/1/2013 7:55:42 PM >

Post #: 9305
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/1/2013 8:04:52 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I think Utd should grasp the opportunity when it is there. Its no slight to Kagawa, but imo Sneijder is a much better player. Sneijder to RvP makes my mouth water.

And I didn't mean that Ferguson would rather be out of the FA Cup than have a replay. He knows you only have to win a few games to lift this trophy and despite the World Club Cup debacle I think he respects the FA Cup.

Post #: 9306
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/1/2013 8:09:53 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

I think Utd should grasp the opportunity when it is there. Its no slight to Kagawa, but imo Sneijder is a much better player. Sneijder to RvP makes my mouth water.

And I didn't mean that Ferguson would rather be out of the FA Cup than have a replay. He knows you only have to win a few games to lift this trophy and despite the World Club Cup debacle I think he respects the FA Cup.

hmm http://www.goal.com/en/news/1646/wcq-2010-europe/2008/10/01/890842/van-persie-and-sneijder-in-feud
maybe not.

Post #: 9307
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/1/2013 8:11:53 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Fekking Dutch. All spliff and a pancake on the outside, but angry, angry men on the inside

Post #: 9308
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/1/2013 8:19:34 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Fekking Dutch. All spliff and a pancake on the outside, but angry, angry men on the inside

Yeah,The very few dutchmen in the squad the better in my opinion.
Plus RVP takes a great free-kick and arguably the best set-piece person in England at the minute.

Post #: 9309
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/1/2013 1:50:37 PM   
Professor Moriarty

RVP is rightly winning plaudits for the goals he scores, but has also got more than his share of assists and you are right, his delivery is deadly.

Shame that Utd would not move for Sneijder as I do think he's a fine player. Be very interesting to see how this one plays out. I think most sane clubs must realise that Inter can't keep holding out for a 12M fee for a player they won't play because they were foolish enough to offer him a good contract and now want him to change that. So I'd expect that come the last few days of January a sneaky bid might just make Inter happy. I know the wage bill is high, but isn't the PL about to get a shot in the arm regarding TV money, so it might not be as scary as it once looked.

Post #: 9310
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 12/1/2013 1:50:39 PM   
gazpop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20991140

why does he do the same then? pot.....kettle......negrito anyone?

should be a cracking match though...cannot wait!

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

Post #: 9311
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 13/1/2013 1:51:42 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Van Persie.

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 9312
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 17/1/2013 6:30:48 AM   
Nexus Wookie

Giggs is freaking unreal - taking on players half his age and out running them! Rightly man of the match last night.

Post #: 9313
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 21/1/2013 6:46:05 PM   
borstal

I hate it when other clubs score in Fergie time against us. ITS CALLED FERGIE TIME YOU IDIOTS!

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 9314
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 21/1/2013 7:09:32 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

I hate it when other clubs score in Fergie time against us. ITS CALLED FERGIE TIME YOU IDIOTS!

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 9315
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 23/1/2013 12:47:07 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Rio's replacement?
http://www.marca.com/2013/01/23/en/football/international_football/1358929916.html

Post #: 9316
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 23/1/2013 1:05:07 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

Rio's replacement?
http://www.marca.com/2013/01/23/en/football/international_football/1358929916.html

Sounds like a good player to me. Rio's been with us for near 11 seasons's? Wow. I almost forgot how long it was. He's been a great servant for the club (even if i do think his Twitter twattle is bloody tiresome!) and i'll be saddened to see him go.

Post #: 9317
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 23/1/2013 10:50:38 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

Rio's replacement?

Sounds like a good player to me. Rio's been with us for near 11 seasons's? Wow. I almost forgot how long it was. He's been a great servant for the club (even if i do think his Twitter twattle is bloody tiresome!) and i'll be saddened to see him go.

Garay is a good player, could do worse than get him.

Post #: 9318
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 24/1/2013 10:53:45 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

Would see excessive to throw another £15 Million into the hat when they have Smalling and Jones already on the books who they paid £30 Million for.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 9319
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 24/1/2013 11:27:31 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8430326/

People here know my views on young English players and I generally think this lad has talent,its just up to him and United to get the best out of eachother.
Nice to see United continue to go down the British route.

edit: I've heard people question the price,and although it is pricey for a Championship Player,I still think in the long run if all goes well then the price will be nothing more than an after thought.
Plus United were willing to spend £35million-plus to bring in either Hazard or Lucas and although these two are talented I'm yet to see a remarkable performance that justify s those prices.

There is only two top clubs that could get Zaha to a high level and that is Arsenal or Manchester United.Mainly down to the philosophies of the Managers and the clubs in general.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 24/1/2013 11:50:26 AM >

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 9320
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 25/1/2013 10:06:03 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I'm looking forward to seeing Zaha play for Utd next season. He seems to fit right into the Fergie / Utd philosophy of flying wingers who work hard.I would have said that Valencia was one of the most consistent players in the Utd side, but he just doesn't seem to have been firing lately so I can see why they are looking at another option (given that I also don't rate Nani who has no consistency and Young who just IMO isn't very good).

There is only one worry I have, though this might be because I don't follow Utd well enough that I don't have the right perspective. But it does seem like a lot of their young players pick up injuries. Maybe that is normal for everyone, or might just be an odd blip, but they do seem to be struggling with keeping players fit and especially being able to get new / young players an extended run in the first XI (even though Fergie likes a bit of a tinker) to get them embedded in the team.

I also know the authorities looked into it, but I quite like the fact that he stays at Palace to the end of the season. I know that it suits Utd that he gets more games under his belt, but its also good IMO that a lower league team doesn't lose one of its best players half way through the season and the lad seems to have the right attitude that his focus is on playing for Palace till the season is over.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 25/1/2013 10:09:48 AM >

Post #: 9321
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/1/2013 6:21:40 PM   
directorscut

Thank God those Nani to Arsenal rumors have died.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 9322
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/1/2013 6:59:22 PM   
Nexus Wookie

United rampant. If SAF picked Hernandez instead of Welbeck against Spurs, he would've buried at least one of the many chances Welbeck missed. Hattrick on.

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 26/1/2013 7:27:28 PM >

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 9323
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/1/2013 7:04:14 PM   
Nexus Wookie

I remember Martin Jol saying that he'd rather play against United than City, i bet he wishes he was playing them right now!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 26/1/2013 7:28:18 PM >

Post #: 9324
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 30/1/2013 8:28:31 PM   
Nexus Wookie

ROONEY!!

Post #: 9325
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 30/1/2013 9:54:34 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

That second half from Southampton was truly amazing.They played United off the park.
Very,very,very lucky 3 points to United.

Post #: 9326
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 31/1/2013 12:36:00 PM   
borstal

Awesome result due to every team just beneath us (and Liverpool) dropping points.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

Post #: 9327
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 31/1/2013 12:52:43 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Very very fortunate to come away with 3 points though, and I just hope it was a big enough scare to get the teams arses in gear, play like that against Real in a couple of weeks time and we'll be bring a 5-0 loss back to Old Trafford.

I am just not getting this constant want to play Wellbeck, he's just not Man Utd standard, and it seems no matter how well Hernandez plays and how many goals he scores he just can't squeeze his way ahead of the Will Smith wannabe in the pecking order.

Also it was a bit of a rare shocker for Carrick yesterday in what's been a rather solid season for him.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 9328
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 31/1/2013 1:08:47 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Very very fortunate to come away with 3 points though, and I just hope it was a big enough scare to get the teams arses in gear, play like that against Real in a couple of weeks time and we'll be bring a 5-0 loss back to Old Trafford.

I am just not getting this constant want to play Wellbeck, he's just not Man Utd standard, and it seems no matter how well Hernandez plays and how many goals he scores he just can't squeeze his way ahead of the Will Smith wannabe in the pecking order.

Also it was a bit of a rare shocker for Carrick yesterday in what's been a rather solid season for him.

Hernandez was injured last night. I think the reason Fergie persists with Welbeck is because his workrate is phenomenal, it's just a shame he doesn't really have much else to offer beyond that.

Totally agree with the bit in bold, Carrick's been solid for a good year now but last night was a shocker.

What's annoying me is that some of the press are trying to blame De Gea for that goal when Carrick totally sold him down the river with the backpass in the first place. If he'd made contact with Rodriguez it would have been a penalty and a red card. The anti De Gea sentiment in the press is getting tiresome. Some sections of the media were trying to blame him for us dropping points against Spurs whereas the reality is it was him that saved us the point by keeping us in the game. I don't think there's a better shot stopper in the league than him and his command of the area will improve with time and, as unlikely as it seems, a settled defence in front of him. Having said that though my nerves took a beating when he spilled that shot last night. Unlike the one against Liverpool, which was a fantastic reaction save from Gerrard's shot, he should be catching ones like the one last night all day long.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 31/1/2013 1:10:33 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 9329
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 31/1/2013 1:13:17 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Completely agree about De Gea, the negativity is getting tiresome, as are the rumours we're signing Reina (and some other keepers) and selling De Gea this summer as he's not improving. He as you say is a great shot stopper, and further more is getting better as time goes by. For a keeper he is extremely young and his presence and command in the box will improve with age as his physicality and character build, furthermore the more he learns English the greater command he will have.

What was a real shame was that the real pusher of the negativity in the aftermath of the Spurs game was Gary Neville who I think should know better. Saying everyone will have been having a go at him in the dressing room, you can't remember the good things he did that game only the negative. It was barmy, and something completely at odds with his usual surprising good level of punditry.

I would like Ferguson to come out and just completely back De Gea however, I know it's acknowledging the fluff written by the media, but to just say he's fully committed to him being our future number 1 for many years to come, he's not in the market for a replacement and to say ignore the odd mistake look at the list of amazing shot stops he's pulling off, it would just be a massive confidence boost for the lad and also put an end to the tirade of abuse he's getting in the press.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 31/1/2013 1:21:58 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9330
Page:   <<   < prev  309 310 [311] 312 313   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread Page: <<   < prev  309 310 [311] 312 313   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI