Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread Page: <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/12/2012 5:48:00 PM   
ChickMagnet

Awful challenge by Valencia at the end of today's match. However next time someone claims United get all the decisions in their favour, will get pointed towards today's match, particularly Jonny Evans 'Own Goal' and the disallowed penalty when Colocini clearly handled Chicharito's shot in the box

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 9271
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/12/2012 9:22:28 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

Awful challenge by Valencia at the end of today's match. However next time someone claims United get all the decisions in their favour, will get pointed towards today's match, particularly Jonny Evans 'Own Goal' and the disallowed penalty when Colocini clearly handled Chicharito's shot in the box

Yeah i agree. Decisions went against us but the we still played on and what a lovely way to snatch victory. Oh and City lost today so double reasons to be cheerful!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 9272
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/12/2012 10:41:47 PM   
directorscut

Hopefully the FA throw the book at Fegurson for his vile abuse of the ref and the 4th official.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9273
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/12/2012 11:15:56 PM   
horribleives

quote:

It was an own goal. Therefore by the letter of the law the ref got it spot on, regardless of whether Cisse was initially offside or not. Them's the rules, as much as Fergie likes to think they don't apply to him .
Fair enough the linesman made a bollock of his decision but Ferguson whining on about Cisse pulling Evans and completely ignoring Evans trying to push Cisse further offside beforehand is astonishingly blinkered even for him.
Totally agree you should have had a penalty for Colo's handball - I guess the thinking was that he was moving his arm away but they tend to get given in the box regardless of intent.
Just watched the game again on MOTD - christ, how terrified are they of upsetting Fergie? No mention whatsoever of Van Persie slapping Colloccini in the face en route to Man U's winner or Valencia trying to snap Anita's ankle at the end. Obviously it'd be too much for them to mention (albeit briefly) Fergie's harassing of the ref and linesman AND point out some of his players are sneaky dirty cunts.
Still, great game.
Actually, was it fuck - I'm gutted.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 26/12/2012 11:16:43 PM >

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 9274
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/12/2012 11:32:24 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Hopefully the FA throw the book at Fegurson for his vile abuse of the ref and the 4th official.

I bet you'd love that wouldn't you? Fergie had every right to be pissed. The officials were an absolute shower of shite today. A lesser team would probably buckle under those decisions but we did not feel sorry for ourselves. We kept going even after going behind 3 times and at the end snatched a very big win indeed. i know a few managers who if they'd had just a quarter of the fire in their bellies like Fergie has, would most probably challenge for the title. Fergie is Fergie, nobody can change that no matter how many books the FA throw at him.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 9275
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/12/2012 11:43:46 PM   
horribleives

I generally like Fergie and I'm not saying he should be banned or owt, but it's worth remembering Arsene Wenger was sent to the stands at Old Trafford for, erm, kicking a bottle. And it's quite clear that the point he was making - that Cisse was pulling Evans - was complete bollocks so I'm not sure aboiut this 'he had every right to be pissed off' stuff. Oh and two of your players got away with, respectively, smacking a player in the face and trying to cripple another so decision-wise it wasn't really a bad day at the office, was it?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 9276
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/12/2012 11:45:56 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

I bet you'd love that wouldn't you? Fergie had every right to be pissed. The officials were an absolute shower of shite today. A lesser team would probably buckle under those decisions but we did not feel sorry for ourselves. We kept going even after going behind 3 times and at the end snatched a very big win indeed. i know a few managers who if they'd had just a quarter of the fire in their bellies like Fergie has, would most probably challenge for the title. Fergie is Fergie, nobody can change that no matter how many books the FA throw at him.

Some might say a lesser ref would probably buckle under Fergie's constant whining and attempts to unsettle the officials in the second half...

Post #: 9277
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/12/2012 11:54:15 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

quote:

quote:

Some might say a lesser ref would probably buckle under Fergie's constant whining and attempts to unsettle the officials in the second half...

Lol! Mike Dean is one tough nut to crack!

Post #: 9278
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 26/12/2012 11:56:14 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Damn forgot to mention kudos to Newcastle for contributing to a memorable game. I've only just calmed down!

Post #: 9279
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 27/12/2012 2:34:43 AM   
directorscut

quote:

quote:

I bet you'd love that wouldn't you?

Of course I would. There are few things I detest more than a bully and Ferguson is a despicable bully. His comeuppance will be richly welcomed.

quote:

Fergie is Fergie, nobody can change that no matter how many books the FA throw at him.

You're right. They could throw a thousand copies of How Not to Be a Twat at him and he would still be a twat.

Post #: 9280
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 27/12/2012 12:43:40 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

quote:

Of course I would. There are few things I detest more than a bully and Ferguson is a despicable bully. His comeuppance will be richly welcomed.

quote:

Fergie is Fergie, nobody can change that no matter how many books the FA throw at him.

You're right. They could throw a thousand copies of How Not to Be a Twat at him and he would still be a twat.

I'd rather have a bully as a manager who speaks his mind and gives a bollocking when its needed than a flacid laid back 'manager' who doesn't give a shit about whether his team is coming or going. If Fergie was managing YOUR team you'd probably be worshipping the ground beneath him.

Post #: 9281
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 27/12/2012 1:14:21 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd rather have a bully as a manager who speaks his mind and gives a bollocking when its needed than a flacid laid back 'manager' who doesn't give a shit about whether his team is coming or going. If Fergie was managing YOUR team you'd probably be worshipping the ground beneath him.

I'm sure most managers would be more like Fergie if they knew they could get away with. Still, the officials may not have had the balls to dish out the appropriate punishment during the game but it's looking like he's gonna get a ban anyway. And all because he doesn't understand the rules. What a shame.

Post #: 9282
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 27/12/2012 1:36:11 PM   
horribleives

Scratch that - it appears the FA will be taking no further action. Perhaps all managers should try this bullying lark.

Post #: 9283
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 27/12/2012 1:37:09 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm sure most managers would be more like Fergie if they knew they could get away with. Still, the officials may not have had the balls to dish out the appropriate punishment during the game but it's looking like he's gonna get a ban anyway. And all because he doesn't understand the rules. What a shame.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that Ives:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8363114/The-FA-will-not-be-taking-action-against-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-over-his-Boxing-Day-touchline-rant

Post #: 9284
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 27/12/2012 1:47:52 PM   
horribleives

I'm sure if Chris Hughton or Paul Lambert (or for that matter, Wenger or Mancini) had done that the outcome would be exactly the same...

Post #: 9285
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 28/12/2012 4:55:38 AM   
galvatron

I've just saw Fergie's rant and I can say certainly that if any other manager did that they would be facing punishment from the FA. As someone said above, Wenger got banned for kicking a water bottle. Mancini only said this week that the officials had ate too much Christmas dinner. I'm sorry but those offences pale in comparison to Fergie this time. Man United bias kicking in again. A bit like the Valencia challenge on Anita and that Rooney elbow on James McCarthy a few years back...

Post #: 9286
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 28/12/2012 8:48:08 AM   
kata

This United bias bollocks people mention really rustles my jims.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to galvatron)
Post #: 9287
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 28/12/2012 10:57:22 AM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

I wouldn't say there's an out and out conscious bias and I've openly scoffed at talk of conspiracies, but officials (and for that matter, the FA and the BBC) have a habit of either giving them the benefit of the doubt or (even worse) bottling decisions, mostly out of plain fear but occasionally in face of intimidation from the players or manager (for the latter see: the second half of the Newcastle game). It's nothing new, and it's neither worse or better than it has been for years but it's always there. Fergie and Man U fans seem to be in the huff over wednesday's game in particular because the officials didn't let themselves be bullied. As I said before, I actually like Ferguson but expecting the rules of the game to be subverted and banging on about of some mythical touch by Cisse (while ignoring the fact that he was in initially pushed by Evans) is un-sporting and deluded in the extreme. Is it not enough to just win fair and square?
And re: the lack of a ban. I personally couldn't care less if he got banned or not but if there's a compelling reason - other than the FA being gutless - why he wasn't punished (and Mancini was) I'd love to hear it.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 28/12/2012 10:58:38 AM >

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9288
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 28/12/2012 11:33:22 AM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't say there's an out and out conscious bias and I've openly scoffed at talk of conspiracies, but officials (and for that matter, the FA and the BBC) have a habit of either giving them the benefit of the doubt or (even worse) bottling decisions, mostly out of plain fear but occasionally in face of intimidation from the players or manager (for the latter see: the second half of the Newcastle game). It's nothing new, and it's neither worse or better than it has been for years but it's always there. Fergie and Man U fans seem to be in the huff over wednesday's game in particular because the officials didn't let themselves be bullied. As I said before, I actually like Ferguson but expecting the rules of the game to be subverted and banging on about of some mythical touch by Cisse (while ignoring the fact that he was in initially pushed by Evans) is un-sporting and deluded in the extreme. Is it not enough to just win fair and square?
And re: the lack of a ban. I personally couldn't care less if he got banned or not but if there's a compelling reason - other than the FA being gutless - why he wasn't punished (and Mancini was) I'd love to hear it.

Out of interest who has been saying Cisse touched the ball? I've never denied that he didn't, but the offside rule states that if a player is interfering with play, then he can be deemed as offside, I think this is what United fans are annoyed at, personally I thought that the pushing and shoving by both Cisse and Evans could be construed as interfering with play, including that Cisse was blocking De Gea's line of sight, I can see why some United fans are pissed, when I saw it originally I thought it should have been disallowed, in hindsight its one of those that could've been given either way.

I think my annoyance with people saying that United get all the bias (not yourself ives), is that people forget things like Rooney in 2011 getting banned because he swore which was unheard of at the time, the 5 match touchline ban Ferguson got in the same year or many other charges like that, but as soon as we get a favourable decision United detractors instantly point to a bias in our favour. Hell whenever Howard Webb refs a United game, regardless of whether he had any big decisions in the game, there'll be a section of fans who claim that he was United's 12th man and we bought the league.

With regards to Wednesdays game, the thing is we don't know what was said between Ferguson and Dean and before the goal was given Alan Pardew acted just as badly, but Dean has made his report, clearly he's said that he doesn't think it was anything bad, but the press and certain fans don't want to accept that and are still baying for blood.

Post #: 9289
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 28/12/2012 12:07:23 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

quote:

Out of interest who has been saying Cisse touched the ball? I've never denied that he didn't, but the offside rule states that if a player is interfering with play, then he can be deemed as offside, I think this is what United fans are annoyed at, personally I thought that the pushing and shoving by both Cisse and Evans could be construed as interfering with play, including that Cisse was blocking De Gea's line of sight, I can see why some United fans are pissed, when I saw it originally I thought it should have been disallowed, in hindsight its one of those that could've been given either way.

I think my annoyance with people saying that United get all the bias (not yourself ives), is that people forget things like Rooney in 2011 getting banned because he swore which was unheard of at the time, the 5 match touchline ban Ferguson got in the same year or many other charges like that, but as soon as we get a favourable decision United detractors instantly point to a bias in our favour. Hell whenever Howard Webb refs a United game, regardless of whether he had any big decisions in the game, there'll be a section of fans who claim that he was United's 12th man and we bought the league.

With regards to Wednesdays game, the thing is we don't know what was said between Ferguson and Dean and before the goal was given Alan Pardew acted just as badly, but Dean has made his report, clearly he's said that he doesn't think it was anything bad, but the press and certain fans don't want to accept that and are still baying for blood.

Sorry, I didn't mean anyone said Cisse had touched the ball, I was referring to Ferguson saying Cisse (actually, he said Ba in his post-match interview but we'll let him off with that one ) touched Evans' arm when he barely did at all and it and the replay clearly shows that Evans did all the pushing and grabbing. I agree Pardew was equally animated straight after the goal but only for thirty seconds or something and at least he was (for once) correct. I personally think berating and badgering the officials at the beginning of and at various points during the second half (especially when your perceived injustice is wafer thin) is considerably worse.
Mind, for the record, I don't think it's just United who occasionally get the benefit of bottling refs and yes, it works against Man U sometimes too - I said on here at the time that Rooney getting banned for swearing was a disgrace and I'll be the first to admit when Shearer was England captain he used to get away with all sorts for us.

Post #: 9290
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 28/12/2012 2:53:12 PM   
kata

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYhmdzyBX1k

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 9291
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 28/12/2012 3:34:04 PM   
horribleives

Ha, the Barack Obama bit did make me laugh but as for the rest...jesus, give it up, man.
To recap: one of your goalscorers got away with smacking someone in the face, another player dodged a sending off after nearly breaking an opponent's ankle, you got away with mouthing off at the officials for a sustained period where other managers have been punished for far less, AND you won the game while your rivals got beat...I'm not sure how it could've turned out better, to be honest, other than Pardew and the press turning round and saying 'sorry, Alex, you were right all along, we'll never dare offer an opinion when you get something overwhelmingly wrong such as thinking your club is above the rules of the game or accusing an opponent of trying to kill another player'.
Oh and we well may be a little club from the north-east but we made more noise than 60-odd thousand of your lot could muster if you handed out free fucking megaphones.

< Message edited by horribleives -- 28/12/2012 3:35:25 PM >

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9292
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 28/12/2012 3:47:01 PM   
directorscut

quote:

"He forgets the help I gave him."

Straight up Don Corleone stuff there.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9293
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 28/12/2012 11:48:44 PM   
Ultimo Lee

"a wee club in the north east"

Fergie once again proving he's the greatest man alive

Probably should have been charged but he's not the only manager who gets away with it.

Post #: 9294
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 30/12/2012 12:14:21 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

Ha, the Barack Obama bit did make me laugh but as for the rest...jesus, give it up, man.
To recap: one of your goalscorers got away with smacking someone in the face, another player dodged a sending off after nearly breaking an opponent's ankle, you got away with mouthing off at the officials for a sustained period where other managers have been punished for far less, AND you won the game while your rivals got beat...I'm not sure how it could've turned out better, to be honest, other than Pardew and the press turning round and saying 'sorry, Alex, you were right all along, we'll never dare offer an opinion when you get something overwhelmingly wrong such as thinking your club is above the rules of the game or accusing an opponent of trying to kill another player'.
Oh and we well may be a little club from the north-east but we made more noise than 60-odd thousand of your lot could muster if you handed out free fucking megaphones.

That may be partly down to the fact that you were ahead of us three times!

After Chico nabbed the winner you could've probably heard a pin drop on the away section. I think its getting taken out of context somewhat. Fergie was pointing out the difference in profile between the clubs. Newcastle is a great team with great history and tradition, but compared to a club like United they are a 'wee' club. Forgive me if i sound bigheaded but its just the way it is. And anything Fergie says or does, or even the players - gets amplified ten fold.

Post #: 9295
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 30/12/2012 12:17:42 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

quote:

"He forgets the help I gave him."

Straight up Don Corleone stuff there.

Thats not surprising, considering Fergie's favourite film is The Godfather.

Post #: 9296
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 30/12/2012 2:38:35 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

That may be partly down to the fact that you were ahead of us three times!

After Chico nabbed the winner you could've probably heard a pin drop on the away section
. I think its getting taken out of context somewhat. Fergie was pointing out the difference in profile between the clubs. Newcastle is a great team with great history and tradition, but compared to a club like United they are a 'wee' club. Forgive me if i sound bigheaded but its just the way it is. And anything Fergie says or does, or even the players - gets amplified ten fold.

Quite the opposite actually - there was mass swearing and groaning at some shockingly bad defending (I wasn't at Arsenal but I'd imagine you can multiply that by about ten during the last five minutes) followed by a final fruitless attempt to raise the roof. Sure, going ahead against Man U always intensifies things but a good away support gets behind the team and makes a noise no matter what's happening on the pitch (and we've been murdered at Old Trafford plenty of times). Same can't be said for half the fuckers at St James' every other week but that's a separate issue.
Totally agree with you about Fergie's 'wee club' schtick though - anyone taking offence at that comment needs to fucking man up. Of course we're a small club compared to Man U - Man U are bigger than most clubs, hence why the BBC and FA are terrified of upsetting them

Post #: 9297
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/1/2013 3:37:32 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I love watching Chicarito. In a world of false 9s and such, he's so old school. He's always seems to be in the right position in the 6 yard box to poke home a goal. Like watching Lineker again.

Also, RvP, goal machine, but he's also got a wicked delivery on him.

Post #: 9298
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 2/1/2013 6:59:46 PM   
gazpop

gonna be between RvP, Michu and Sturidge for 'buy of the season'....

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9299
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 5/1/2013 5:39:46 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I'm still not convinced by Cleverly, but he does pop up with a few goals. Woeful defending though from the Hammers. Joe Cole's really making the difference for them so far, huh.

EDIT: Oooh he has now. Nice cross. Still think that a Utd defense with Vidic in should be dealing with those balls though.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 5/1/2013 5:43:38 PM >

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 9300
Page:   <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread Page: <<   < prev  308 309 [310] 311 312   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI