Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread Page: <<   < prev  307 308 [309] 310 311   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 2:21:35 PM   
Nexus Wookie

HT

CITY 0
UNITED 2

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 9241
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 2:24:08 PM   
Skiba

Only just put Sky Sports on...thought this was the 4pm game!

Have a good time, all the time.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9242
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 2:49:33 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I knew the moment that goal was (wrongly )disallowed for offside that City were going to score on the break. De Gea was unlucky, he made 2 good saves and was let down by some Keystone Cops defending.

We'll lose this now I fear.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 9/12/2012 2:53:14 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 9243
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 3:12:15 PM   
Skiba

Rooney is just class...always picks the right option. Amazed at how many doubters he still has.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9244
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 3:22:01 PM   
Skiba

That's fucking disgusting...fucking grown men doing that. Grow the fuck up you cunts

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 9245
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 3:26:49 PM   
talpacino

Was he celebrating in front of the City fans? If he was, what did Ferdinand expect going on like that? Not that that excuses the fans throwing shit but there's always going to be a scumbag or 2 in every crowd.

Nasri is a massive fanny all the same.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 9246
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 3:27:57 PM   
Goodfella

That's been coming for awhile, horrible scenes but hopefully this will propel football to look to follow in the example of the likes of cricket and rugby both on and off the field. The actions of certain players and fans (some on the pitch today) have been disgraceful this season and it's brought this game back about 20 years, just when it seemed things where starting to get better. Sort your fucking selves out, get a little self-control and maybe focus on throwing that kind of passion into the actual game of football.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to Skiba)
Post #: 9247
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 3:29:58 PM   
talpacino

I actually thought he punched himself in the head when I first saw it.

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 9248
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 3:31:06 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

Was he celebrating in front of the City fans? If he was, what did Ferdinand expect going on like that? Not that that excuses the fans throwing shit but there's always going to be a scumbag or 2 in every crowd.

Nasri is a massive fanny all the same.

He's been a massive arsehole of late too, not at all justifying it but show a little self-control, it's unacceptable that he's assaulted and I hope any of those involved are caught and face the full force of the law but this should force everyone in football to take a step back and take a long hard look at themselves.

What a disappointing end to what, as a neutral, was a wonderful game of football.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 9249
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 3:31:17 PM   
Nexus Wookie

VAAAN PEEEEEERRSSSSSIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 9250
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 3:31:37 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Balls, missed the last 10 minutes as I lost control of the telly to the kids. I prefer Mamma Mia to seeing us win in the derby anyway...

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 9251
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 3:33:30 PM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Balls, missed the last 10 minutes as I lost control of the telly to the kids. I prefer Mamma Mia to seeing us win in the derby anyway...

Well be thankful as you wouldn't have wanted your kids to see much of the last ten minutes anyway.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9252
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 3:34:23 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Wow! What a game! My heart us still racing!

Post #: 9253
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 5:37:05 PM   
kata

What a day!

Also, I despise Tevez.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 9254
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 5:48:29 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Its very important for me to see United win the league this season because I've made a bet (at the start of the season) with a City fan who thinks " City cruise it".
So hopefully,for selfish reasons,United don't bottle it this time round.

Concerning the incident involving Rio and the coin.I've heard some City fans say Rio celebrated the winner at the City-fan section but I've also seen evidence that City fans were throwing coins at United players way before that incident arose.
:

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9255
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 5:50:29 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Look at that knob with the baby blue hat on!

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9256
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 7:48:46 PM   
James2183

Even at full time it would seem City are still throwing money at their problems.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

Post #: 9257
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 9/12/2012 9:08:04 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

Even at full time it would seem City are still throwing money at their problems.

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 9258
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 23/12/2012 5:12:27 PM   
directorscut

So Ferguson accuses a player of attempted murder. This is a new low even for him. Hopefully the FA throw the book at the red-nose reindeer and Williams sues the pants off him.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 9259
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 23/12/2012 7:18:05 PM   
jcthefirst

Accidental contact from a clearance vs. the player who the ball hit getting up and grabbing the other by the throat.

I know whose side I'm on.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 9260
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 23/12/2012 7:37:22 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

So Ferguson accuses a player of attempted murder. This is a new low even for him. Hopefully the FA throw the book at the red-nose reindeer and Williams sues the pants off him.

I don't think even Ferguson believes that, but what are the red tops going to talk about tomorrow? The less than average performance by United (particularly Rooney and Valencia), or Ferguson's comments? He's deflected the attention from his players to himself, which is a trait he's done regularly in his career.

The thing is I don't think it was accidental, and could have easily been a red card. The whistle had already gone, its not like it was hard to see RVP was on the floor and he didn't even need to clear the ball. Having said that RVP could've been done for his reaction as well, completely understandable, but in todays day and age, that could easily have been another red card.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 9261
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 23/12/2012 11:59:54 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

I don't think even Ferguson believes that, but what are the red tops going to talk about tomorrow? The less than average performance by United (particularly Rooney and Valencia), or Ferguson's comments? He's deflected the attention from his players to himself, which is a trait he's done regularly in his career.

Deflecting attention is one thing but coming out with the outrageous and totally bullshit comments is another. And a draw to Swansea is hardly a disaster and something to deflect attention away from.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ChickMagnet

The thing is I don't think it was accidental, and could have easily been a red card. The whistle had already gone, its not like it was hard to see RVP was on the floor and he didn't even need to clear the ball. Having said that RVP could've been done for his reaction as well, completely understandable, but in todays day and age, that could easily have been another red card.

There is no point at which Williams looks at RVP. The whole time his eyes are on the ball. Do you really think he wanted to hit RVP in the head and risk a rebound? And if he wanted to hurt him do you think kicking the ball at him was the most effective way of hurting him if he wanted to? Nope, if Williams wanted to hurt him he could have done it more effectively a hundred different ways.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 9262
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 24/12/2012 2:18:02 PM   
Nezzley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

There is no point at which Williams looks at RVP. The whole time his eyes are on the ball. Do you really think he wanted to hit RVP in the head and risk a rebound? And if he wanted to hurt him do you think kicking the ball at him was the most effective way of hurting him if he wanted to? Nope, if Williams wanted to hurt him he could have done it more effectively a hundred different ways.

Have to disagree there, if you look at the video he's looking at RVP as he goes down and keeps his eye on him before kicking the ball at him in frustration. You can tell by the way he moves towards the ball and has an eye on RVP that he meant to hit him, it may be a moment of madness and maybe he didn't set out to hurt him but it doesn't help that Williams feels he needs to lie about it on tv afterwards.

"Baby i'm in the jungle of mystery and i've just been tortured by a spinal surgeon and a genuine iraqi, yeh i'm serious!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 9263
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 24/12/2012 3:17:40 PM   
Hood_Man

Is there a video that shows where his eyes are looking? Someone's head facing a certain direction is no indication of what they're looking at. If my head's facing down am I looking at my shoelaces, the ground, chewing gum etc? It's impossible to look at them all at the same time.

The whole thing happens so quickly too, that if we have to watch a video replay to see what happened, imagine how quickly it would have happened on the pitch?

Seems more like a dangerous lapse in concentration to me.

(in reply to Nezzley)
Post #: 9264
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 24/12/2012 3:38:14 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nezzley

quote:

Have to disagree there, if you look at the video he's looking at RVP as he goes down and keeps his eye on him before kicking the ball at him in frustration. You can tell by the way he moves towards the ball and has an eye on RVP that he meant to hit him, it may be a moment of madness and maybe he didn't set out to hurt him but it doesn't help that Williams feels he needs to lie about it on tv afterwards.

I've looked at the video quite a few times and seems to me he's looking at the ball.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Nezzley)
Post #: 9265
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 24/12/2012 5:16:12 PM   
Nezzley

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nezzley

quote:

I've looked at the video quite a few times and seems to me he's looking at the ball.

You can see from his expression he's aware of where RVP is, his right eye is raised and this appears to indicate what he's aiming at. I'm no expert on expressions or body language but IMO when the whistle blew he lost it and within a second he's kicked the ball against RVP in temper.

"Baby i'm in the jungle of mystery and i've just been tortured by a spinal surgeon and a genuine iraqi, yeh i'm serious!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 9266
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 24/12/2012 5:36:48 PM   
emogeek

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to Nezzley)
Post #: 9267
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 24/12/2012 7:05:57 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcthefirst

Accidental contact from a clearance vs. the player who the ball hit getting up and grabbing the other by the throat.

I know whose side I'm on.

Accidental? Are you 100% certain of that? I very much doubt it.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9268
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 24/12/2012 7:14:43 PM   
superdan

I am far less convinced it was deliberate than accidental.

Post #: 9269
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 25/12/2012 2:44:48 AM   
horribleives

It was just an accident. You know, in the same way Van Persie accidentally elbowed Yohan Cabaye in the face off the ball after glancing to check the ref wasn't looking. These things happen. (Though he needn't have gone to all that trouble considering the ref was Howard Webb and Van Persie would have to glass someone to get even a ticking off from that bald botller)

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 9270
Page:   <<   < prev  307 308 [309] 310 311   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread Page: <<   < prev  307 308 [309] 310 311   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI