Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread Page: <<   < prev  306 307 [308] 309 310   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 19/9/2012 8:12:37 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Three things from tonight's game so far.

Carrick looks in the mood
Valencia's final ball is poor so far
I'm developing a man crush for Kagawa.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 9211
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 19/9/2012 9:41:31 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Relief for United.
But three points is the most important thing in the group stages.
Carrick MOTM

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 19/9/2012 9:42:20 PM >

Post #: 9212
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 7/10/2012 5:52:06 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Cleverley.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 9213
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 7/10/2012 6:01:55 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

To be fair Manchester United played some really good football today.Some of there one-touch play,especially from Rooney and Cleverly,was a joy to watch.Newcastle,surprisingly,played no different from Stoke long ball time and time again,expect better from them.
Major result.

o..k

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 7/10/2012 6:10:18 PM >

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9214
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 7/10/2012 10:55:08 PM   
horribleives

We were well beaten today (that's the best Man U have played this season) but Howard Webb was a fucking disgrace.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

Post #: 9215
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 8/10/2012 12:12:34 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

We were well beaten today (that's the best Man U have played this season) but Howard Webb was a fucking disgrace.

why?
For not sending off Tiote?

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 9216
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 8/10/2012 1:23:35 AM   
Nexus Wookie

Really pleased with the teams effort today. And I agree with Horribleives, its the best we've played this season. That save by De Gea was absolutely superb. So Fergie, can you please stop rotating the goalies please? De Gea should STAY number 1. Sure he'll have a hiccup here or there, but he's a much better shot stopper than Lindgaard in my opinion. And that goal by Cleverley, call it what you will - it was still top drawer!

Post #: 9217
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 8/10/2012 10:59:32 AM   
Keyser Sozzled

DeGea is one of te only keepers in the league who would have saved that but you could argue that he is one of the only ones who would have caused it

I said it before, DeGea is going to be one of the best keepers in Europe in a year or two providing Fergie sticks with him.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

Post #: 9218
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 8/10/2012 11:00:06 AM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

why?
For not sending off Tiote?

Presumably something to do with this http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/07/manchester-united-robin-van-persie-elbow

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

Post #: 9219
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 8/10/2012 12:18:03 PM   
horribleives

There was the elbow on Cabaye (which was right in front of Webb though he went out of his way to pretend it hadn't happened) and also the fact that Van Persie shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway (his yellow card in the first half should've been his second - he should have been booked for clattering into the back of Ferguson, a foul which also happened right in front of the ref), as well as all the minor little issues such as twice ignoring his linesman flagging for a Newcastle corner and giving a goal-kick, and constantly allowing Wayne Rooney's whingeing to dictate his decision-making. I'm not one of these to bang on about a Webb/Ferguson conspiracy as that's clearly bollocks but he regularly gives Man U the benefit of the doubt and seems terrified of trusting his fellow officials. And he's generally incompetent right across the board - he missed Tiote's dangerous stamp in the first half yet booked him for a fairly lame tackle on Rooney in which the potato-headed one went down like a schoolgirl.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9220
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/11/2012 2:20:56 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Looked at the team sheets:
Manchester United had 8 British players who have came through there youth system last night.
Chelsea had 1,George Saville (Bertrand was brought from Gillangham).

Interesting.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 9221
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/11/2012 2:26:00 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

Manchester United had 8 British players who have came through there youth system last night.

Interesting.

It is, and we very nearly pulled off a win were it not for some really poor errors. But its a learning curve for the youngsters. How awesome was Giggs? 38 pushing on 39 and still running up and down the pitch like someone 10 years younger!

Post #: 9222
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/11/2012 2:34:41 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

Interesting.

It is, and we very nearly pulled off a win were it not for some really poor errors. But its a learning curve for the youngsters. How awesome was Giggs? 38 pushing on 39 and still running up and down the pitch like someone 10 years younger!

As I mentioned in another thread, one of the best performances last night from a Utd youngster seemed to be Paul Pogba at Juventus. Who of course, left for not getting enough first team time. But that doesn't knock the fact that Utd have a lot of young talent there.

Post #: 9223
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/11/2012 2:39:41 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Really impressed with Giggs attitude last night.
He's been abit off form this year but last night could be important in his search for first team appearances or sub roles.
Anderson impressed,Hernandez seems to be proving me wrong ie I said his overal game was abit pants,Rafeal doesn't look as rash in the tackle and M.Keane had a good game,while Wooten seemed to collapse once Chelsea threw on the Big-hitters.

For Chelsea.
I was impressed yet again by Mata.He's arguably there best player at the minute.Sturridge was in-and-out,Luiz...well.

Like I said yesterday United got the all important result on Sunday and Chelsea,for me,were always going to go for revenge,which you only needed to look at the squad for that evidence.

Saturday is a big big game.
United win then you are in a strong position.

quote:

As I mentioned in another thread, one of the best performances last night from a Utd youngster seemed to be Paul Pogba at Juventus. Who of course, left for not getting enough first team time. But that doesn't knock the fact that Utd have a lot of young talent there.

Pogba is going to become a great player.
But from what I gather he wanted to leave.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 1/11/2012 2:42:28 PM >

Post #: 9224
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/11/2012 2:48:12 PM   
Professor Moriarty

For Utd I was very impressed with Anderson.

Mata imo is one of the top 5 players in Europe right now. I thought he was strolling for most of the game, but his class does shine through. Moses put in a good shift and Bertrand really came into the game.

Utd should be favourites against Arsenal as they are at home and before the Reading game Arsenal were struggling to score. Plus, Ferguson knows that if they win that game they put pressure on Chelsea and City who both have away fixtures that are not foregone conclusions.

But a lunchtime kickoff can often dull the game, which would make it closer. There's a lot of talk about Wenger wanting to get a new contract in place for Walcott. I'd not be totally surprised to see him start in some kind of up front role.

Re Pogba its a hard one to call for me as I'm not privvy to what happened.

On the one hand the lad has a point. He wasn't getting played and seeing Scholes brought back from retirement and defenders shuffled to midfield when there were injuries must have been dispiriting. So I can well see him leaving. Cleverly was already a couple of years older than Pogba when he "burst" on the scene for Utd. Its a long wait when you are that age.

On the other hand. Maybe he didn't play because Ferguson knew early on last season that he was leaving, so why bother its not a message he wants to send out. His agent also manages Zlatan I think and I'm sure he got a nice cut of a signing on fee that maybe Utd didn't want to equal.

In either case its no skin off my nose. I hope the lad does well he seems to be the complete article for a midfielder right now, positionally aware when defending and to find space and passes and can strike the ball cleanly. I hope we see him back in the PL if he does. But it does seem as if Utd let a talent slip away from them, as getting into the Juve midfield should be a lot more difficult than getting into Utds right now.

< Message edited by Professor Moriarty -- 1/11/2012 3:07:43 PM >

Post #: 9225
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 17/11/2012 6:07:03 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Seeing Giggs and Carrick as a midfield pairing makes me want to cry .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9226
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 17/11/2012 7:25:10 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I saw that result coming when I saw our starting midfield line up.

I like the way Fergie added penetration and movement to the side by replacing Valencia with Scholes .

What an omnishambles.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 17/11/2012 7:27:10 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 9227
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 17/11/2012 7:32:33 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Carrick doesn't really offer much defensively or attacking wise,Giggs generally offers decent attacking threat but tires while Scholes likes to have as much time on the ball as possible.

Cleverly and Anderson,though are not exactly great,possibly offer more enthusiasm,drive and energy.

But it was definitely a result that was going to come.United can not simply afford to keep giving teams leads and expect to come back.

Norwhich have beaten both United and Arsenal at home now.Not bad.

Post #: 9228
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 17/11/2012 7:40:48 PM   
Olaf

selling Pogba -

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Post #: 9229
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 17/11/2012 7:43:10 PM   
directorscut

I don't know how Anderson gets into the Man Utd team ahead of me.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9230
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 17/11/2012 7:47:26 PM   
Olaf

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

I don't know how Anderson gets into the Man Utd team ahead of me.

Anderson is probably the best central midfielder United have at the moment, to be fair. /faintpraise

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 9231
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/12/2012 6:02:11 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Is anyone watching this match? Absolutely bonkers!

Reading 3 - Man United - 3

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9232
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/12/2012 6:03:40 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Our defending is fucking atrocious. Thats right Fergie, keep rotating keepers. A world of good its doing 'em.

Post #: 9233
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/12/2012 6:07:33 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Evans and Lindegaard at fault for all 3 goals.

Having said that Van Persie's just put us ahead!

Post #: 9234
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/12/2012 6:13:06 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

goal line technology

edit: lol reading players diving all over the place.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 1/12/2012 6:19:00 PM >

Post #: 9235
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/12/2012 6:18:13 PM   
Nexus Wookie

That was well over the line.

Post #: 9236
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/12/2012 6:21:28 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

The second half has alot to live up to

Post #: 9237
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/12/2012 6:51:13 PM   
Harry Tuttle

If anything I hope that Fergie realises this keeper rotation bollocks is having a detrimental effect on the team. Lindegaard isn't fit to clean De Gea's boots and my heart drops whenever I see his name on the team sheet.

What odds on Anderson being out a couple of months now and coming back half the player he has been the last few games? I called it a couple of weeks back on one of the threads in Grandstand. It's such a regular occurence now it's ridiculous.

Rafael didn't look too happy to be subbed. I think Rafael has been fantastic this season but I reckon Fergie made the correct choice today, he was getting run ragged at times. I hope his reaction to being subbed doesn't cost him a place on the bench.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 1/12/2012 6:53:13 PM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Post #: 9238
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 1/12/2012 7:22:51 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

FT 4-3 United.
Manchester United stay top.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 1/12/2012 7:23:04 PM >

Post #: 9239
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 3/12/2012 9:06:09 AM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

If anything I hope that Fergie realises this keeper rotation bollocks is having a detrimental effect on the team. Lindegaard isn't fit to clean De Gea's boots and my heart drops whenever I see his name on the team sheet.

What odds on Anderson being out a couple of months now and coming back half the player he has been the last few games? I called it a couple of weeks back on one of the threads in Grandstand. It's such aregular occurence now it's ridiculous.

Rafael didn't look too happy to be subbed. I think Rafael has been fantastic this season but I reckon Fergie made the correct choice today, he was getting run ragged at times. I hope his reaction to being subbed doesn't cost him a place on the bench.

Couldn't agree more, De Gea is miles and miles better. Gonna be interesting to see what he does for the derby next weekend, he should play the Spaniard, no?

Post #: 9240
Page:   <<   < prev  306 307 [308] 309 310   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread Page: <<   < prev  306 307 [308] 309 310   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI