Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 - The Manchester United FC Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 - The Manchester United FC Thread Page: <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 1:18:55 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I've browsed through the web and its seems the Twitter reports were from a false Sky account.
I'll do some more digging though.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 20/8/2012 1:19:05 PM >

(in reply to Prophet_of_Doom)
Post #: 9151
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 1:38:07 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Well Fergie famously said that he didn't rate Kaka as a CL great. This was at the time when he was arguably at his peak. So I would be fairly surprised if we brought him in after that.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 9152
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 4:17:24 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prophet_of_Doom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Kaka on loan? I do hope so.

Manchester United wont be signing Kaka permanently or onloan.
The rumours emanated from Twitter and they have no grain of substance or truth.
There have also been no reports from Spain concerning this deal,where you'd think they would be far more in-the-know.
Guillem Balague has also denied such interest from Manchester United.

It's just been on Sky ... Gill has confirmed United have been offered Kaka on loan for the season. The decision is currently with Fergie ...

Not too sure what I think about this.

Blimey.Well that showed me.

I dont think United should go for it.
Kaka really has been poor since going to Madrid and like most of the Brazilian superstars he seems to have put on abit of weight.

Disagree, while he has not hit the heights of his Milan days whilst there, whenever he's been fit he usually provides a goal or gets one for them, hardly poor. He'd easily do a good job at Utd in a technically inferior league.

Post #: 9153
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 4:45:11 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Sorry but he has been poor.

Real Madrid spent 50 million on him and he has returned very little.
Yes he has had his injury problems and yes he had a decent season last year,but the fact remains that theres a reason why they want to get rid of Kaka and thats simply because they feel is he isn't good enough to get in there starting 11.
This is a player who has also been shifted aside by Granero,Callejon and Khedira on the Madrid bench let alone the first team.

Yes,He was a very,very good player in his Milan days but for me even then I don't think he reached the heights people expected of him.
Madrid and the world thought he'd go on to be the next "zidane" or world "great" but that simply did not materialize.

Now theres issues with his injuries,Fitness ie some quarters of the Marca press claim him to be overweight and the most important thing is he doesn't seem interested in his football know more.
He's also on ridiculous wages,and for a player who struggles to get on the pitch that is a poor reflection on both Mardid and the Player.

Simply put I don't think United or any English team should gamble on him,not for the wages and not for the players unwillingness to keep in shape.

Kaka will go back to Italy and play a few good games here-and-there but,generally,the world class Kaka is gone.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 9154
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 4:59:19 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

I'd take John O'Shea over Kaka any day, and I never thought I'd hear myself saying that.

I think this deal (if it's even more than Twitter nonsense) would only make sense if Real were paying some of his wages. If you believe the rags, he's willing to take a 50% pay cut, but you're still talking over £100k a week for someone who may not perform. But, and it's a big but, if anyone can help bring a former great player back to glory, Fergie can. Everyone thought Sheringham was past it when he came to us. And he does have a penchant for these strange signings and loans, a la Blanc, Larsson etc. That said, it would be worth every penny, just to see the former World Player of the Year toiling on a muddy pitch during a weekday Carling Cup game. I'd pay a lot of money to see that.*

*Well, no more than the cost of a ticket, but you know what I mean.

Post #: 9155
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 9:17:37 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

On this performance United wont make the top4.Shocking.

Post #: 9156
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 9:24:20 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

quote:

On this performance United wont make the top4.Shocking.

What do you expect. A midfielder and winger in defence. What other team so regularly has to play midfielders in defence because of injury crises? We lost games last season for the same reason.

The one thing I never understand, is that Fergie inevitably chooses a midfielder out of position rather than risking one of our youngsters in position.

Post #: 9157
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 9:29:15 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

How many shots have United had? one,two.
Yes there defence is butchered but with the ball united do no look threatening.
Fellaini is having a field day.

Post #: 9158
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 9:31:55 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

quote:

How many shots have United had? one,two.
Yes there defence is butchered but with the ball united do no look threatening.
Fellaini is having a field day.

Fellaini always has a field day against us! To be fair, this was always going to be a tricky tie. Everton are always a banana skin for United. So a United with half the defence missing, there was a certain amount of inevitability about the result.

Post #: 9159
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 9:33:59 PM   
Rinc

Why's Rafael on the bench?

It's not just that you have injuries, you've actually got poor depth with your defence. You've only got 6 senior defenders (Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Smalling, Jones, Evans, Evra) at the club. Man City have 9, Chelsea have 7 (and their defence is seen as their weak point) and Arsenal have 9 (if you count Squillaci as a defender ).

So it's obvious why you're bringing in Buttner but you could really do with another.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 9160
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 9:38:58 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

United would miss a trick if they didn't go in for Fellaini.
Evra has been poor.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 9161
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 9:44:48 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

quote:

United would miss a trick if they didn't go in for Fellaini.
Evra has been poor.

A lot of United fans have been hoping for a sneaky Fellaini bid. The strange thing is that everyone knows United desperately need a central midfielder, but it seems everyone the club has been bidding on (and losing out on) this season, have been wingers. I remember about 3 years ago Fergie said he needed to replace Scholes.

And Evra hasn't been the same player since being sent home from the World Cup!

Post #: 9162
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 9:50:23 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Duncan Ferguson nows there a dirty player if ever I saw one.

Post #: 9163
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 9:53:42 PM   
Rinc

RVP = waste of money.

I expected a hattrick

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 9164
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 9:55:54 PM   
directorscut

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 9165
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 9:56:52 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

RVP = waste of money.

I expected a hattrick

To be honest United have far more issues in midfield then to pay 24 million for a very good striker.
United need to get some physicality in there midfield.They kept the ball well but if you haven't got a presence defensively and attacking wise then you will become stuck against teams like Everton and Stoke.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 9166
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 11:06:05 PM   
kata

You crazy cats writing us off on match day 1.

< Message edited by kata -- 20/8/2012 11:07:20 PM >

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 9167
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 21/8/2012 12:53:32 AM   
Saltire

quote:

Sorry but he has been poor.

Real Madrid spent 50 million on him and he has returned very little.
Yes he has had his injury problems and yes he had a decent season last year,but the fact remains that theres a reason why they want to get rid of Kaka and thats simply because they feel is he isn't good enough to get in there starting 11.
This is a player who has also been shifted aside by Granero,Callejon and Khedira on the Madrid bench let alone the first team.

Yes,He was a very,very good player in his Milan days but for me even then I don't think he reached the heights people expected of him.
Madrid and the world thought he'd go on to be the next "zidane" or world "great" but that simply did not materialize.

Now theres issues with his injuries,Fitness ie some quarters of the Marca press claim him to be overweight and the most important thing is he doesn't seem interested in his football know more.
He's also on ridiculous wages,and for a player who struggles to get on the pitch that is a poor reflection on both Mardid and the Player.

Simply put I don't think United or any English team should gamble on him,not for the wages and not for the players unwillingness to keep in shape.

Kaka will go back to Italy and play a few good games here-and-there but,generally,the world class Kaka is gone.

After last nights performance for sure, a player like Kaka even if he isn't as good as he was, could've been the difference for Man U instead of relying on the dinosaur that is Scholes.

Post #: 9168
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 21/8/2012 3:11:16 PM   
kata

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19322961

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 9169
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 21/8/2012 3:18:53 PM   
directorscut

Buttner. Snigger.

You should sign Danny Shittu too. I bet they'd make a great partnership.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9170
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 23/8/2012 6:32:56 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

I don't get Ferguson at times I really don't.

We've been screaming out for a creative and a defensive midfielder for years now, and he's not even looked like signing one. In the past few seasons we've signed two goalkeepers, 4 strikers, a forward in Kagawa, a handful of defenders and a few wingers, we've not signed a central midfielder of any kind, at least not one to go straight into the team. I understand that we needed some of those players, but it does seem Ferguson is easily blind sighted when an expensive striker becomes available.

I thought perhaps with Van Persie being bought we'd see Rooney drop back to fill that creative midfield void, but he didn't. Rooney played quite deep, but it was really only to defend as usual.

I also don't get why it took 70 minutes of little to no chances, and a high lack of penetration [snigger] through Everton's defence for him to make changes. I'd have thrown some subs on at half time. To dominate the game possession wise and look so blunt up top is shameful, particularly with our strike force. No use spending £24m on van Persie if we can't even get the ball to him.

Wellbeck for me shouldn't have started (that probably doesn't sound surprising coming from someone who strongly believes the only reason he plays is because he's favoured for being homegrown), a player who holds the ball up isn't particularly well suited against a highly defensive setup.

Sadly it's a problem we've suffered from ever since Ronaldo left, we really struggle to breakdown defences, and we only score when teams attack at us.

If more teams played as defensively compact as Everton we'd really struggle this season.

Sadly with 1 week left in the transfer market I don't see us signing that vital piece to our puzzle.

I also feel sorry for Chicharito, such a fantastic player in his first season, and he had a rather injury filled second season, but he's now way down the pecking order as a result,. Personally I'd like to see a return to the three pronged attack that worked so perfectly back in 2008, with Van Persie and Cheech up top and Rooney sitting behind them in a supporting role, which is where he thrives and is best suited.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 9171
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 23/8/2012 7:30:13 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

I don't get Ferguson at times I really don't.

We've been screaming out for a creative and a defensive midfielder for years now, and he's not even looked like signing one. In the past few seasons we've signed two goalkeepers, 4 strikers, a forward in Kagawa, a handful of defenders and a few wingers, we've not signed a central midfielder of any kind, at least not one to go straight into the team. I understand that we needed some of those players, but it does seem Ferguson is easily blind sighted when an expensive striker becomes available.

I thought perhaps with Van Persie being bought we'd see Rooney drop back to fill that creative midfield void, but he didn't. Rooney played quite deep, but it was really only to defend as usual.

I also don't get why it took 70 minutes of little to no chances, and a high lack of penetration [snigger] through Everton's defence for him to make changes. I'd have thrown some subs on at half time. To dominate the game possession wise and look so blunt up top is shameful, particularly with our strike force. No use spending £24m on van Persie if we can't even get the ball to him.

Wellbeck for me shouldn't have started (that probably doesn't sound surprising coming from someone who strongly believes the only reason he plays is because he's favoured for being homegrown), a player who holds the ball up isn't particularly well suited against a highly defensive setup.

Sadly it's a problem we've suffered from ever since Ronaldo left, we really struggle to breakdown defences, and we only score when teams attack at us.

If more teams played as defensively compact as Everton we'd really struggle this season.

Sadly with 1 week left in the transfer market I don't see us signing that vital piece to our puzzle.

I also feel sorry for Chicharito, such a fantastic player in his first season, and he had a rather injury filled second season, but he's now way down the pecking order as a result,. Personally I'd like to see a return to the three pronged attack that worked so perfectly back in 2008, with Van Persie and Cheech up top and Rooney sitting behind them in a supporting role, which is where he thrives and is best suited.

^THIS. I couldn't agree more with what you've just outlined.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 9172
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 23/8/2012 7:31:21 PM   
Professor Moriarty

IMO an excellent analysis of the situation at United and the first game.

Ferguson did it at times last season and for me, did it again on Saturday, he played for a draw. I understand there were players out, but to me, Utd and Ferguson do not play for draws, they go out to win.

Do you worry that with the start Hazard is making at Chelsea and the strength City still has (and as they clear players off the roster I expect a late signing or two) that Utd might be slipping to 3rd this season?

Also I agree with Chicharito, better than a super sub imo.

Post #: 9173
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 23/8/2012 8:07:38 PM   
kata

Kagawa isn't a forward, he's a creative attacking midfielder. Other than that I also agree.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9174
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 24/8/2012 3:36:24 PM   
kata

Looks like we'll get another season without addressing CM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19368229

< Message edited by kata -- 24/8/2012 10:17:01 PM >

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9175
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 24/8/2012 9:15:22 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Looks like we'll got another season with addressing CM.

Yep, and we'll struggle in that area again. We'll get more exposed than Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 24/8/2012 9:17:26 PM >

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9176
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 25/8/2012 10:59:48 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

Looks like we'll got another season with addressing CM.

Yep, and we'll struggle in that area again. We'll get more exposed than Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct.

I do think United fans go abit ott with regards to there midfield being weak.
I mean its not that great ala Barca, but its still good enough in my opinion to compete.
I think the only worry is injury's,which are coming thick and fast regarding Uniteds overall squad.

Apart from the physical aspect which is missing from Uniteds midfield everything else is there.
I think Carrick,Cleverly,Scholes all use the ball well and keep the team ticking over while Anderson,Giggs and Kagawa offer the attacking instincts.Plus you have the youth coming through ie Powell,Petrucci,Tunnicliffe,Lingaard who will most likely get the odd game here-and-there in the CC and Fa Cup.

United are also clearly looking forward (along with Arsenal) which they always seem to do.With the signings of Kagawa, Henriquez, Powell, Buttner the future is also set in stone with regards to another Fergie team being produced,rether he's in control or not.

Concerning my overal prediction of United this season I think they fall in the same boat as Chelsea and maybe Arsenal,if Arsene brings in the required signings.They have the talent but this talent also carries the youth and the inexperience of playing in English football.
Now these teams will compete but at the end I think the title will end up back in Manchester City's hands.

But enjoy the ride.I feel this season,with the attacking talent on show , could be a memorable one and football isn't (contrary to what people say) all about winning its about excitement and entertainment.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9177
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 25/8/2012 2:26:53 PM   
kata

De Gea; Rafael, Carrick, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Anderson, Kagawa, Young; van Persie

Apparent line up. Rooney dropped to the bench and Nani dropped entirely.

Lovely detective work.

Post #: 9178
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 25/8/2012 3:06:02 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Shocker! Fulham ahead after 1 minute!

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9179
RE: England's Most Succesful Club - The Man Utd Thread - 25/8/2012 3:15:38 PM   
Nexus Wookie

ROBIN VAN PERSIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9180
Page:   <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 - The Manchester United FC Thread Page: <<   < prev  304 305 [306] 307 308   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI