Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 - The Manchester United FC Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 - The Manchester United FC Thread Page: <<   < prev  303 304 [305] 306 307   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 16/8/2012 9:36:02 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Don't forget Kaba Diawara. (Sadly we were out of Europe by the time Kanu signed. I blame Wembley.)

Wembley had a horrible pitch then.
You'd rarely see the games great dribblers have a good game on that-then turf,plus the building was slowly collapsing around the fans feet didn't help as everyone was concerned rether the stadium was going to collapse on top of them.

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 9121
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 16/8/2012 9:38:58 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

Don't forget Kaba Diawara. (Sadly we were out of Europe by the time Kanu signed. I blame Wembley.)

Wembley had a horrible pitch then.
You'd rarely see the games great dribblers have a good game on that-then turf,plus the building was slowly collapsing around the fans feet didn't help as everyone was concerned rether the stadium was going to collapse on top of them.

EDIT: RVP is doing his medical now!
What the hell has he been doing all day?

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 9122
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 16/8/2012 9:50:11 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

Any word on the medical?

I'm not worried, if Hargreaves can pass it, anyone can

Latest rumours are he's failed his medical due to back problems. Apparantly carrying 10 men for the past few years has taken it's toll!

If I hear/read that one more time I swear something is going to die ie most likely one of my brain cells.

Speaking of people dying, there's a story that RVP was fortunate to escape a life threatening situation earlier today as his London home burnt down. The police believe it was 'Arsene'

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 9123
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 16/8/2012 10:03:56 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

It's good to know that in this turbulent world SHP's jokes are still as bad as ever

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 9124
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 16/8/2012 10:06:51 PM   
James2183

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Any word on the medical?

Latest rumours are he's failed his medical due to back problems. Apparantly carrying 10 men for the past few years has taken it's toll!

If I hear/read that one more time I swear something is going to die ie most likely one of my brain cells.

Speaking of people dying, there's a story that RVP was fortunate to escape a life threatening situation earlier today as his London home burnt down. The police believe it was 'Arsene'

I hear that story is going to be in RvP's biography that comes out next week about his time at Arsenal. Sadly it hasn't got a title yet.

Hey bub, I aint finished with you yet!

"We do not beat the reaper by living longer. We beat the reaper by living well and living fully" - Randy Pausch

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 9125
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 16/8/2012 10:12:28 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: James2183

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Any word on the medical?

I hear that story is going to be in RvP's biography that comes out next week about his time at Arsenal. Sadly it hasn't got a title yet.

There's one possible working title: "Eleven mugs, no cups"

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to James2183)
Post #: 9126
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 16/8/2012 10:42:30 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

I'm intrigued by the reasons why RVP has/will join United.
I don't think its all financial (but it obviously plays a part) and with Arsenal securing some good deals this summer I thought this could be ,finally,there time to get some silverware in the cabinet.
Maybe Fergies admirable quote earlier in the season persuaded Robin to consider his options.

I think the money has a lot to do with it.
City would have offers the trophies but he would have had to sit on the bench regularly.
At Man Utd he earns broadly the same and he gets to play week in week out.

I think it would have been pointless for RVP to join City,it really was a toss-up of either United or Juve.
With Juve having there usual question marks hanging over the clubs head and the fact they didn't compete financially with regards to both fee and wages then I guess United was the only choice.
I'm still surprised another foreign club didn't enter the bidding, mainly Barcelona who i still think they miss something up top even with Villa,Messi and Sanchez.

The United striker force looks in great shape,which cannot be denied.
The youth of Welbeck and Hernandez will get there fair share of games while Rooney and RVP will be the mainstays.
United will most likely not rely on RVP in the same vein as Arsenal,with United other quality striking outlets giving the Dutchman good rest.

Berbatov is off though.But who will pay a player who's on 100k a week plus a signing fee of 5 million on a 32/33 year old?,no one at the moment it seems.

Don't forget Pedro too, he was out a lot of last season and they missed his share of goals too.

Utd do look strong in defense and attack, though its the midfield thats still lacking imo - that's where games were lost against City in the run-in and the CL last season.

< Message edited by Saltire -- 16/8/2012 10:45:58 PM >

Post #: 9127
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 17/8/2012 11:29:39 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

RVP has officially completed his move to Manchester United FC
http://www.manutd.com/~/media/620CB84931D54507A4DF8031D07CA862.ashx?h=179&la=ar-SA&w=480&rgn=0,18,786,310

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 9128
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 17/8/2012 11:51:53 AM   
kata

quote:

RVP has officially completed his move to Manchester United FC
http://www.manutd.com/~/media/620CB84931D54507A4DF8031D07CA862.ashx?h=179&la=ar-SA&w=480&rgn=0,18,786,310

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 9129
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 17/8/2012 12:00:53 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Yep,that's a much better pic.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9130
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 17/8/2012 12:55:25 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Sir Alex looks awfully happy there, I'm concerned about what his left hand might be up to....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 9131
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 17/8/2012 1:15:18 PM   
kata

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 9132
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 17/8/2012 1:26:06 PM   
talpacino

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9133
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 17/8/2012 1:27:53 PM   
kata

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 9134
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 17/8/2012 1:30:36 PM   
talpacino

Currahee!

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9135
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 17/8/2012 1:32:55 PM   
kata

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 9136
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 17/8/2012 1:38:52 PM   
talpacino

The game on the 3rd of November should even more interesting now. Hopefully not 8-2 interesting but interesting.

Currahee!

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9137
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 17/8/2012 9:37:23 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

^THIS. Aw! He'll fit right in! You can see the other lads are pleased to have him on board - he made the right choice (choosing United), welcome to United son!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9138
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 18/8/2012 9:46:33 AM   
kata

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9139
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 18/8/2012 3:43:39 PM   
kata

< Message edited by kata -- 18/8/2012 3:55:58 PM >

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9140
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 19/8/2012 5:54:48 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

http://www.gelderlander.nl/sport/vitesse/11555363/Buttner-van-Vitesse-naar-Manchester-United.ece
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRGb9JS_-OU
Last signing?

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 19/8/2012 5:55:06 PM >

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9141
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 19/8/2012 9:48:11 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

http://www.gelderlander.nl/sport/vitesse/11555363/Buttner-van-Vitesse-naar-Manchester-United.ece
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRGb9JS_-OU
Last signing?

I haven't hear anything yet, but tell you what - he looks fucking good! (playing football that is, not his appearance!)

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

Post #: 9142
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 8:02:58 AM   
Professor Moriarty

Kaka on loan? I do hope so.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9143
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 8:43:46 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kata

What is that all about? Seriously?

Just a neutrals opinion on the RVP transfer. Despite always wanting Arsenl to do well in the race for the title, I think this signing has blown the title open, giving Man U the edge over City. The best thing about this signing IMO if the fact Ferguson and Wenger thrashed it out between themselves. I know this has been reported in the papers, but the significance of this is massive. When we moan about clubs being bought and controlled by businesses and egos, the fact that the ManU and Arsenal hierarchy allowed the 2 managers to sort this out speaks volumes IMO, and is great news for fans of both teams.
I think it shows what respect the clubs have for arguably their greatest managers ever, and to be fair to the boards of both clubs, they should be applauded for handing over this responsibility to them (I think it should happen more often but as we know, football is business)

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9144
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 10:41:58 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

Manchester United wont be signing Kaka permanently or onloan.
The rumours emanated from Twitter and they have no grain of substance or truth.
There have also been no reports from Spain concerning this deal,where you'd think they would be far more in-the-know.
Guillem Balague has also denied such interest from Manchester United.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9145
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 10:45:43 AM   
kata

Kaka to United makes no sense.

Lovely detective work.

Post #: 9146
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 12:09:51 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

quote:

quote:

There have also been no reports from Spain concerning this deal,where you'd think they would be far more in-the-know.

It's just been on Sky ... Gill has confirmed United have been offered Kaka on loan for the season. The decision is currently with Fergie ...

Not too sure what I think about this.

Post #: 9147
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 12:16:42 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

I'd take him on loan as long as his wages are reasonable.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Prophet_of_Doom)
Post #: 9148
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 12:17:14 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prophet_of_Doom

quote:

quote:

It's just been on Sky ... Gill has confirmed United have been offered Kaka on loan for the season. The decision is currently with Fergie ...

Blimey.Well that showed me.

I dont think United should go for it.
Kaka really has been poor since going to Madrid and like most of the Brazilian superstars he seems to have put on abit of weight.

(in reply to Prophet_of_Doom)
Post #: 9149
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/8/2012 1:09:34 PM   
Prophet_of_Doom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prophet_of_Doom

quote:

quote:

Blimey.Well that showed me.

I dont think United should go for it.
Kaka really has been poor since going to Madrid and like most of the Brazilian superstars he seems to have put on abit of weight.

Hm, they've just played exactly the same piece of news minus the Gill/Kaka bit ... which means they might have realised it was Twitter nonsense. We shall see.

Would be interesting. It depends whether or not he can adapt as a player and take up a deeper position like Carrick (or indeed conserve his energy like Scholes). He has the creative skills, it just depends upon how adaptable he is.

Of course, it all might be baloney!

Post #: 9150
Page:   <<   < prev  303 304 [305] 306 307   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 - The Manchester United FC Thread Page: <<   < prev  303 304 [305] 306 307   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI