Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 - The Manchester United FC Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 - The Manchester United FC Thread Page: <<   < prev  301 302 [303] 304 305   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 18/7/2012 6:54:10 PM   
Rinc

I dunno, people go away for a while and then can't post smileys.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 9061
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 18/7/2012 7:29:20 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

Suarez really is a massive tool, isnt he.

Do my eyes deceive me?

Welcome back, dude

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 9062
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 20/7/2012 11:53:21 PM   
kata

quote:

"There will be no problems with him settling into the club.

"What we identified about Kagawa is exactly what I'm seeing now. The difference now is that our players are realising his qualities.

"He's got quick feet, is two-footed and had a good goal ratio with Dortmund. He's doing very well."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7920669/

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 9063
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 21/7/2012 3:32:33 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Big Chris has broken his Metatarsal and is gonna be out for the start of the new season.

Fuck.

I have no idea who any of them are, apart from Terry Pratchett who I know has got a beard and keeps going on about killing himself but never does.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 9064
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 21/7/2012 6:10:20 PM   
Saltire

The legendary Bebe scored for Man U, yay!!

Post #: 9065
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 21/7/2012 8:11:51 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

The legendary Bebe scored for Man U, yay!!

Ha ha! I know! Mark my words, that boy is going to come good. I can foresee him becoming a prominent forward in the mould of Messi and Ronnie.......................................................................................................NOT!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 9066
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 23/7/2012 8:22:43 AM   
Arron_

Really excited about new signings. Favourites for Van Persie, apparently had an offer for Lucas Moura accepted and still looking to get Baines.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9067
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 23/7/2012 2:15:30 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arron_

Really excited about new signings. Favourites for Van Persie, apparently had an offer for Lucas Moura accepted and still looking to get Baines.

Not according to Fergie, though he is interested. Not seen the lad play, so can't comment, but it seems a heck of a lot of money on a young player and there are more Brazilians who've not made the transition to the EPL than have (including imo his last big midfielding foray / folly, Anderson. Bit surprised that if he's ready to spend that amount on a 19 y.o. that they don't find a bit more money for Modric, but then again he's probably made up his mind to go to Madrid or not play at all.

I think Baines would be a good addition to the team, not sure about Van Persie and where he'd fit in.

(in reply to Arron_)
Post #: 9068
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 23/7/2012 6:57:39 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Not sure about the Moura thing. £26m for a 19 year old that is playing at a level below the EPL? Sounds a bit odd. Plus we haven't exactly had a great track record with South American players. Veron, Kleberson (shudder), Anderson and arguably (seeing as how it ended) Tevez.

Although that last one is up for grabs.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 9069
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 8/8/2012 9:10:36 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Very disappointing to see our odds of signing Moura slashed, seems like as always we have taken too long and been a little to tight on those purse strings.

It's becoming an all too familiar sign, and this seems to be exactly the same as the Sneijder situation last year. Yes some of the prices may have been a little high, but I'd rather we spend that little extra on those sort of players to ensure we sign them than waste extortionate money on the likes of Bebe and to some extent Powell (I'm not judging his abilities or the potential he has to be a good player, he could be a success story after all, but that's far too much money to spend on a League 2 youngster, regardless of him being English or not).

My issue is with the way our spending policy is at the moment, we get one reasonably expensive player (last year De Gea, this year Kagawa) and then we stall on others, by the time we actually buy all the proven talent we need we've lost more players to other clubs/injuries/old age and so our squad never really gets any stronger, we're constantly looking for those three or four players.

I also don't see the point in signing Van Persie unless Ferguson has finally realised Welbeck is an overrated, clumsy player who's been getting away with punching way above his weight because he's home grown... but that's not going to have happened.

I guess it's just a sad state of affairs when even Arsenal look more active than you in the transfer market!

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 8/8/2012 9:12:24 AM >

Ole Gunnar Solskjïż½r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 9070
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 8/8/2012 10:56:27 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I think Moura didn't fancy living in Manchester, did he? Better he find out now than be itchy in the cold dark winter months.

Its been a slow closed season for Utd though.

Post #: 9071
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 8/8/2012 11:20:40 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Quite possibly the reason, and unfortunately another common trait we are beginning to see, one which we can't do anything about, so another reason we need to somewhat compensate for with wages once in a while.

In an ideal world, players would just go to clubs they want to play for and enjoy playing for, but money does come into it now there's no escaping it, and more importantly as you say the players happiness, they need to be comfortable and settled where they live.

I know full well if I was offered two jobs one in a nice location I'd like to live in, and one where I wouldn't particularly want to live, I'd want more money to be convinced to go there.

I think the most disappointing aspect of this summer is for the first time in god knows how long, Ferguson actually admitted he's looking to buy 3 or 4 players, and it's just not happened.

Post #: 9072
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 8/8/2012 11:26:21 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I can't help thinking that the stall in the proposed flotation has played a role in the lack of transfers.

Around the time that the Glazers were pushing to get Utd listed again, it seemed more like Ferguson could get some extra cash for the positive publicity. When the financial side of things went awry, it seemed that the purse strings got pulled tight again. Maybe I'm reading too much into the situation, but as an outsider that's how it seemed. And not just new transfers have stalled, but also Berbatov hasn't moved on - guess that Ferguson doesn't want him to go unless he knows he has some replacement money.

On positive news I saw that Vidic is back. Very serious injury to come back at near 100% so I hope it all goes well for him.

We know that Ferguson knows what to do in the EPL to push a team beyond the sum of its parts, but I do feel they might be weak in Europe again.

Post #: 9073
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 9/8/2012 8:01:45 AM   
Professor Moriarty

I'd not realised it was PSG that Moura was joining. In that case, I'm still sure that Paris has attractions over Manchester, but I bet they look even better with an extra €xxxxxxxx in your pocket

Post #: 9074
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 9/8/2012 3:39:03 PM   
Saltire

PSG are looking to be some team this season.

Post #: 9075
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 11/8/2012 10:04:10 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Manchester United - Comeback Kings!!!

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 9076
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 12/8/2012 12:39:25 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Genuinely a bit surprised by the lack of paper talk surrounding Van Persie today, last night the internet (particularly Twitter) was rife with speculation that United had as good as signed him, yet not a mention of it from any major news outlet.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 9077
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 12/8/2012 4:58:34 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Speculation is still rife on the Internet but still nothing from any reputable sources.

But, if speculation is to be believed RVP has agreed terms, and will join Utd for £25m subject to a medical.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 12/8/2012 4:59:16 PM >

Post #: 9078
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 12/8/2012 5:23:06 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

Speculation is still rife on the Internet but still nothing from any reputable sources.

But, if speculation is to be believed RVP has agreed terms, and will join Utd for £25m subject to a medical.

I'm surprised Barca haven't been in for RVP.
I know they've got Villa and Messi but I feel RVP could give them another outlet.

edit:
From what I gather (at this moment in time) RVP isn't getting a look-in in Arsenals current pre-season game.
edit: He has came on.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 12/8/2012 5:52:49 PM >

Post #: 9079
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 12/8/2012 5:48:37 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

£25 Million seems a good deal all round, I bet Arsenal can't believe their luck and if Man Utd keep him fit they've got last seasons Premiership top goalscorer.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

Post #: 9080
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 12/8/2012 6:03:24 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

He wore the captains armband when he came on.
Is that a sign he's staying or is it a sign of gratitude from Wenger as RVP embarks to another team?

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 9081
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 12/8/2012 6:15:20 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

If I were Arsene (que Championship Manager digs) if I didn't get £25 million in full I'd keep him.
If the bids remain at the £15 million level I think RVP is worth that to Arsenals season to keep him.

I'll also be telling the likes of Man Utd that for every week it gets closer to the deadline it goes up £1 Million because it gives less time to replace him.

Arsenal don't have to sell here, RvP is hardly a Van Hooijdonk.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 9082
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 12/8/2012 6:36:18 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

If I were Arsene (que Championship Manager digs) if I didn't get £25 million in full I'd keep him.
If the bids remain at the £15 million level I think RVP is worth that to Arsenals season to keep him.

I'll also be telling the likes of Man Utd that for every week it gets closer to the deadline it goes up £1 Million because it gives less time to replace him.

Arsenal don't have to sell here, RvP is hardly a Van Hooijdonk.

Soccer-Nostalgia flashback.

Post #: 9083
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 13/8/2012 10:53:32 AM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

It looks like a horrible deal to me, but I'm just a guy not a city analyst or investor.

All these B class shares that will be out-voted by the A class shares, the Glazers are giving themselves. The same family who did not put a cent in to the club, but burdened a load of debt onto it and have also been leaching off it.

Plus, we know they have also been looking at Singapore and other markets, so would I be surprised if another share option came out in one or two year's time further diluting my investment?

I'd not touch it with a barge pole, but as I said I'm no investor.

Agreed I can't see why anyone would touch it, but you just know it will sell like the proverbial hot cakes.

Didn't really get off to such a good start. They were hoping for a price of up to $20 per share and it came back at $14. I think recent launches of Facebook and Groupon really hurt them. Just because something is a global brand, doesn't necessarily mean that behind it is an infrastructure that is set up to return investment. Be interesting to follow this price as unless Utd can keep a pace of big announcements (linked to sponsorship or brand name player acquisitions) I'd expect it to start to fall.

Post #: 9084
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 13/8/2012 3:28:18 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

I'm surprised Barca haven't been in for RVP.
I know they've got Villa and Messi but I feel RVP could give them another outlet.

edit:
From what I gather (at this moment in time) RVP isn't getting a look-in in Arsenals current pre-season game.
edit: He has came on.

I think the plan for them is to get Alba (purchased) and Javi Martinez this season, then go for Neymar next year since they have first say on him, and we'll see how Villa gets on after his comeback.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 9085
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 13/8/2012 5:58:00 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Fergusons been on "club business" these past few weeks.
He wasn't in Norway for long and he wasn't in Germany,but today he's been spotted in London with LMA worker Richard Bevan.
What's Fergie up to
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5827/fergieinlondon.png

Could be something or could be nothing.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 13/8/2012 6:00:09 PM >

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 9086
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 13/8/2012 10:52:10 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

quote:

It looks like a horrible deal to me, but I'm just a guy not a city analyst or investor.

All these B class shares that will be out-voted by the A class shares, the Glazers are giving themselves. The same family who did not put a cent in to the club, but burdened a load of debt onto it and have also been leaching off it.

Plus, we know they have also been looking at Singapore and other markets, so would I be surprised if another share option came out in one or two year's time further diluting my investment?

I'd not touch it with a barge pole, but as I said I'm no investor.

Agreed I can't see why anyone would touch it, but you just know it will sell like the proverbial hot cakes.

Didn't really get off to such a good start. They were hoping for a price of up to $20 per share and it came back at $14. I think recent launches of Facebook and Groupon really hurt them. Just because something is a global brand, doesn't necessarily mean that behind it is an infrastructure that is set up to return investment. Be interesting to follow this price as unless Utd can keep a pace of big announcements (linked to sponsorship or brand name player acquisitions) I'd expect it to start to fall.

To be fair we don't know how many of the 10% of shares sold, but the figure of $14 a share isn't a bad price at all, it meant we are the most valuable sports team, coming in with a tag of over 2bn, meaning we've increased 3-4 times in value since the Glazers languished us in debt.

Don't worry about Facebook shares suddenly collapsing, this has no bearing here, the shares could fall to 1p and it would mean nothing to Man Utd or the Glazers, once the share is bought that's money in Man Utd's pocket. If the share price drops then it's the owner of the share who takes the hit. Well I say that but this isn't actually an investment opportunity for the people buying shares, this was nothing more than a chance to own a collectors item style limited edition share in Man Utd. It won't get you a say, it won't earn you dividends, even if stock prices rise there's not enough in it to make the minimal movement be particularly profitable. For Man Utd any money made from this 10% sale is banked and only a good thing, even if a % of it goes straight in Malcolm's coffers.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 13/8/2012 10:53:09 PM >

Post #: 9087
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 15/8/2012 7:27:56 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Fee agreed with Arsenal for RVP. Hope it's over 20 million.

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 9088
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 15/8/2012 7:34:34 PM   
Keyser Sozzled

Apparently is £24m including add on's. So basic fee is prob around £20m

Post #: 9089
RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 -... - 15/8/2012 7:42:31 PM   
kata

Went straight to Piers Morgan's Twitter page, gonna enjoy that twats meltdown.

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

Post #: 9090
Page:   <<   < prev  301 302 [303] 304 305   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Most Successful Team in English Football - 19 - The Manchester United FC Thread Page: <<   < prev  301 302 [303] 304 305   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI