Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man United - 06/07

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man United - 06/07 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 3:53:32 PM   
theram05

Is it just me or are United showing a stark lack of ambition in the transfer windown this close season, I mean a Brommie goalie and a lightweight spurs midfielder, aren't Utd bigger than that?

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 61
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 3:58:28 PM   
Starscream

It not lack or ambition its the fact that no seem to want to come to us and nobody wants to sell

Even Carrick doesnt seem fussed

The allspark will be mine!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 62
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 3:58:36 PM   
shegs_81

quote:

ORIGINAL: Starscream

I hope Fergie promotes David Jones to our first team squad this season. He look like he could do a good job for us in midfield, He would be better than Oshea and Fletcher in our midfield

Cagney and Lacey would be better than Fletcher and O'Shea in our midfield.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 63
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 3:59:47 PM   
Starscream

quote:

ORIGINAL: shegs_81

quote:

I hope Fergie promotes David Jones to our first team squad this season. He look like he could do a good job for us in midfield, He would be better than Oshea and Fletcher in our midfield

From what ive seen of David Jones he would do a good job for us

(in reply to shegs_81)
Post #: 64
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:01:02 PM   
shegs_81

quote:

It not lack or ambition its the fact that no seem to want to come to us and nobody wants to sell

It's also a lack of available money and that the club is being raped.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 65
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:03:17 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

quote:

What games have you seen him play? You said yourself you don't have MUTV, and that's about the only channel you'd have been able to see him on. And it's a big step from doing well in the reserves to doing well in the Premiership. I wouldn't rely on him in my midfield, I'd want two proven midfielders two big names, we've had enough could be midfield solutions in the past few years.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 66
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:03:22 PM   
shegs_81

quote:

quote:

quote:

He's definitely a great prospect from what I've seen but he's not ready for a full season, in the first XI in the Prem surely? If we start our 1st game with Giggs and Scholes central midfield I'm gonna cry.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 67
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:03:49 PM   
theram05

quote:

quote:

That does seem to be pretty much it, Utd have no buying power anymore.

Would it be right to say that Pompey have more buying power than Utd at present?

< Message edited by theram05 -- 19/7/2006 4:04:27 PM >

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to shegs_81)
Post #: 68
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:06:07 PM   
Starscream

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

quote:

quote:

Would it be right to say that Pompey have more buying power than Utd at present?

We are rumoured to have 30 million but the press seem to think we will have 50 when we sell ruud

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 69
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:06:34 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, because no-one would want to go there, or at least no big names. United have never been quick to jump into the transfer market, and so far we've made bids for two players, a keeper who we don't need and a midfielder who's club has already said they aren't going to let go no matter the price. I don't know what people are getting so fussed about.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 70
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:06:51 PM   
shegs_81

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

And it's a big step from doing well in the reserves to doing well in the Premiership. I wouldn't rely on him in my midfield, I'd want two proven midfielders two big names, we've had enough could be midfield solutions in the past few years.

Agreed, although at the mo I'd take one good centre mid and a quality striker. Especially the former, we're dreaming if we think we'll get two based on the current shambles.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 71
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:08:40 PM   
theram05

quote:

No, because no-one would want to go there, or at least no big names.

But they do seem to have more spending power, which was my quesiton. Its a bit unnerving.

< Message edited by theram05 -- 19/7/2006 4:09:36 PM >

Post #: 72
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:08:59 PM   
shegs_81

Apparently, Spurs will let Carrick go if they can have Brown as part of the deal but we're (rightly) not willing to let him go.

(in reply to shegs_81)
Post #: 73
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:12:10 PM   
Starscream

quote:

quote:

But they do seem to have more spending power, which was my quesiton. Its a bit unnerving.

Yes but Pompey are signing players who are available. We are not

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 74
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:13:51 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

We put in a 12m bid for Carrick and still want bigs names afterwards, they put in two seperate 8m bids, I'd say it looks like we have  more spending power. Just because they have a new million/billionaire owner doesn't mean he's willing to let the club spend all their money on transfers.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 75
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:14:17 PM   
theram05

quote:

Good point. So who do Utd have in mind for the two midfielders and striker they need to keep pace with Arsenal and Liverpool?

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 76
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:15:59 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

Good point. So who do Utd have in mind for the two midfielders and striker they need to keep pace with Arsenal and Liverpool?

Chelsea you mean, Luca Toni upfront would be nice, I wouldn't mind Hargreaves and someone from one of the Italian clubs in midfield, not sure who.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 77
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:17:35 PM   
Starscream

quote:

Apparently, Spurs will let Carrick go if they can have Brown as part of the deal but we're (rightly) not willing to let him go.

Yeah the cheeky gits.

WBA are taking the piss as well trying to get Rossi. 
We have got a  set of injury prone strikers (Ole, Saha and Smith) . So we need to keep him this season unless fergie brings in a striker which i cannot see happening.

If we do sign a Striker he should be going to a prem team like Watford.

(in reply to shegs_81)
Post #: 78
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:19:38 PM   
shegs_81

quote:

quote:

You're only just feeling unnerved now? Since the second the Glazers upped their stake I've felt nauseous and feared for the club's future. Unless we buy 2-3 international quality players to bolster the midfield and front line then I'll continue to think the worst. We're well and truly customers now, we were before, but this feels like supporting NTL. We'll get shafted until they go bust.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 79
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:42:19 PM   
theram05

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chelsea you mean, Luca Toni upfront would be nice, I wouldn't mind Hargreaves and someone from one of the Italian clubs in midfield, not sure who.

Ah cmon, I'm no liker or fan of Chelsea, but you really can't see JohnnO and Fletch competing with and 2 from Fat Frank(not that I'm a fan, but even I'd look good in teh Chelsea midfield)/Essien/Makelele/Ballack can you? Top place is wrapped up bar a Stamford Bridge implosion, everyone else is after the minor placings.

Post #: 80
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:46:17 PM   
shegs_81

If we got Gattuso/Vieira, Torres and Carrick I think we'd be in a position to challenge Chelsea, but I'm dreaming if I think more than one of those deals will go through.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 81
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:49:48 PM   
theram05

Well yea, Gattuso and Torres would help any team turn it round, if they could realisitcally be bought that is, and even if they could be there'd be the bedding in period and also the fact that if one of them got injured the back up would be still pretty average. As long as the Glazers are in charge and the Utd purse strings stay closed, Chelsea are untouchable, dpressing and all as that is to realise.

(in reply to shegs_81)
Post #: 82
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 4:56:06 PM   
Starscream

Smith to be converted back to striker - http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=404328&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Fergie+considers+striking+options

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 83
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 6:40:25 PM   
Jack of Blades

quote:

If we got Gattuso/Vieira, Torres and Carrick I think we'd be in a position to challenge Chelsea, but I'm dreaming if I think more than one of those deals will go through.

I'd beat off to that news if that went through.

When I'm at the pearly gates, this will be on my videotape...

(in reply to shegs_81)
Post #: 84
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 9:06:31 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

Smith to be converted back to striker - http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=404328&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Fergie+considers+striking+options

That's the best news I've heard all summer, he got off to a flying start upfront when he joined us and was scoring frequently, and a lot of them were vital goals. Would be great to have him back upfront again, although that only enlarges the hole in the midfield.

(in reply to Starscream)
Post #: 85
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 19/7/2006 9:09:40 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah cmon, I'm no liker or fan of Chelsea, but you really can't see JohnnO and Fletch competing with and 2 from Fat Frank(not that I'm a fan, but even I'd look good in teh Chelsea midfield)/Essien/Makelele/Ballack can you? Top place is wrapped up bar a Stamford Bridge implosion, everyone else is after the minor placings.

But you're point was that unless we buy 2 decent midfielders and a striker we won't be able to keep up with Arsenal and Liverpool, which we managed to do last season with the same squad we have now. My point was without new signings we couldn't keep up with Chelsea, so I wouldn't want to be relying on Fletcher and O'Shea anyway.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 86
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 20/7/2006 8:55:24 AM   
theram05

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

But you're point was that unless we buy 2 decent midfielders and a striker we won't be able to keep up with Arsenal and Liverpool, which we managed to do last season with the same squad we have now. My point was without new signings we couldn't keep up with Chelsea, so I wouldn't want to be relying on Fletcher and O'Shea anyway.

But Liverpool and Arsenal have made some decent signings, Gonzalez, Rosicky, etc. Utd have made none, so at present Utd have dropped behind. That was my point.

Post #: 87
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 20/7/2006 1:07:44 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

But Liverpool and Arsenal have made some decent signings, Gonzalez, Rosicky, etc. Utd have made none, so at present Utd have dropped behind. That was my point.

Arsenal don't appear to have a defence, Cole looks like he's leaving and Sendros is out injured.

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 88
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 20/7/2006 2:45:41 PM   
theram05

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Arsenal don't appear to have a defence, Cole looks like he's leaving and Sendros is out injured.

Pick 4 from, Toure/Flamini/Clichy/Cygan/Eboue/Lauren/Campbell, not to mention Laursen or the many other youth team players who could pick up the slack if needs be. Arsenal had neither Cole nor Campbell/Senederos for large parts of last season yet still got to the Champions League final. I'd say they'll be ok.

Post #: 89
RE: Man United - 06/07 - 20/7/2006 2:54:56 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Pick 4 from, Toure/Flamini/Clichy/Cygan/Eboue/Lauren/Campbell, not to mention Laursen or the many other youth team players who could pick up the slack if needs be. Arsenal had neither Cole nor Campbell/Senederos for large parts of last season yet still got to the Champions League final. I'd say they'll be ok.

But their defence failed to cope in the league, hence why they did so poorly (by their own standards). They need one or two new quality defenders, otherwise their campaign will be just as unsuccessful as the last one.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 20/7/2006 3:01:59 PM >

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Man United - 06/07 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI