Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: CSI 's

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: CSI 's Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CSI 's - 4/3/2009 2:53:22 PM   
robbiekhan

I watch them all but thoroughly enjoy CSI (Vegas) and was saddened to see Grissom go but pleased to hear Lawrence was taking over as the newbie.

The eps I've seen so far show him to be a promising addition to the CSI team really and I've enjoyed the cases shown so far but I have a feeling there's way more that Bruckheimer wants to do with the new character in even more exciting cases but can't just yet as Ray Langston (Fishburne) is not fully up to speed yet with the crime lab.

It's going to be an interesting season for sure.

photography | robbiekhan.co.uk

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 91
RE: CSI 's - 6/3/2009 10:43:40 AM   
indysgill

Mac must have splashed the Sex Panther on, on saturday.
He got Julia Ormond very quickly!

I have to agree with the previous post, i find CSi-NY the better of the three for the exact same reasons. Still does not mean i cant wait to see Fishburn in Vegas.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to robbiekhan)
Post #: 92
RE: CSI 's - 11/3/2009 11:33:38 AM   
indysgill

Yesterday's episode was a rather dark one, great though, but im glad to see it link with the previous episode (i thought that was forgotten about).

Loved the bit where Gil told David he would miss him and he got very emotional and ran off (David, not Gil).

Cant wait for part 2.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 93
RE: CSI 's - 15/3/2009 7:58:11 PM   
caps_fan2490

Altough I do not watch much CSI I do sort of enjoy CSI: Mami when I have time to watch it. It is intresting at times but some episodes are not that great. But some are very good.

(in reply to Brick_Tamland)
Post #: 94
RE: CSI 's - 18/4/2009 8:24:10 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Ray Langston is a great character and has brought new life to CSI for me, certainly feels like a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately the same can't be said for Csi Riley, I detest her with a passion, there's just something about that character.

CSI NY is still on form, this has been an outstanding season so far, they always keep you guessing until the very end.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to caps_fan2490)
Post #: 95
RE: CSI 's - 18/4/2009 11:24:21 PM   
indysgill

I would agree with you there except i guessed today's CSi-NY killer straight away. Also what has happened to Stella's revenge on that Greek hitman, has she forgot all about it?

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 96
RE: CSI 's - 19/4/2009 8:36:14 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Ah, I haven't watched last night NY episode yet, I recorded it though so I'll go back to it. I'm guessing Stella and her revenge is a thing we'll keep going back to. One thing that is scaring me is how rapidly the mini Messer is growing inside Lyndsey, she's huge all of a sudden!

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 97
RE: CSI 's - 21/4/2009 5:23:26 PM   
geekpenguin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Ray Langston is a great character and has brought new life to CSI for me, certainly feels like a breath of fresh air. Unfortunately the same can't be said for Csi Riley, I detest her with a passion, there's just something about that character.

CSI NY is still on form, this has been an outstanding season so far, they always keep you guessing until the very end.

Agreed on both counts. Riley *does not* work IMO, and I really can't relate to the character. I remember the actress (sorry, I forget her name) in Mutant X, and she was a much more likeable character on that. She's so cold and shows no compassion in CSI tho. That and she doesn't fit with the rest of the team.

Laurence Fishburne as Ray Langston, on the other hand, is great :D. I really like him in the part and his character is interesting and endearing. I think the fact that he's learning to be a CSI was a great idea on the writers' part, instead of just giving him all the knowledge he needs. Because he hasn't been in it from the beginning, it gives us as the audience the chance to learn with him and get to know him as he 'grows' in the series.

"When you can't run, you crawl; and when you can't crawl anymore, when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you."

Batman Begins *****
The Dark Knight **** and a half...

Post #: 98
RE: CSI 's - 22/4/2009 11:27:50 AM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: geekpenguin

quote:

Agreed on both counts. Riley *does not* work IMO, and I really can't relate to the character. I remember the actress (sorry, I forget her name) in Mutant X, and she was a much more likeable character on that. She's so cold and shows no compassion in CSI tho. That and she doesn't fit with the rest of the team.

Laurence Fishburne as Ray Langston, on the other hand, is great :D. I really like him in the part and his character is interesting and endearing. I think the fact that he's learning to be a CSI was a great idea on the writers' part, instead of just giving him all the knowledge he needs. Because he hasn't been in it from the beginning, it gives us as the audience the chance to learn with him and get to know him as he 'grows' in the series.

he and wendy seem to spark-hodges better watch out.

(in reply to geekpenguin)
Post #: 99
RE: CSI 's - 4/5/2009 7:56:35 PM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: geekpenguin

quote:

he and wendy seem to spark-hodges better watch out.

This weekends episode was outstanding i thought, script was really tight. No plot holes as i could see.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 100
RE: CSI 's - 11/5/2009 1:27:04 PM   
spark1

csi helps miami-

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/how-miami-made-crime-pay-1682512.html

loved stella's 'extrodinary rendition' action in saturday's csi-ny.

csi ep 200 tuesday.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 11/5/2009 1:28:20 PM >

(in reply to robbiekhan)
Post #: 101
RE: CSI 's - 13/5/2009 2:12:46 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Bit disappointed with the 200th episode. A lot of fuss over an average show.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 102
RE: CSI 's - 13/5/2009 1:48:18 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

not great but liked naturalistic style including the interviews with the wrestlers.
shows what a better than average director can do for the show.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 103
RE: CSI 's - 13/5/2009 8:50:00 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

I thought it was worse than average, poor springs to mind. Also, I hope the season finale involves Riley being killed.....

Post #: 104
RE: CSI 's - 28/5/2009 7:56:44 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Another odd one with th Star Trek episode. A few good lines and a fun subplot for Hodges and Wendy, but still not great.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

Post #: 105
RE: CSI 's - 28/5/2009 12:52:30 PM   
spark1

quote:

Another odd one with th Star Trek episode. A few good lines and a fun subplot for Hodges and Wendy, but still not great.

'wendy' was actually in a TNG ep- season 5's 'conudrum'-in a swimsuit as well.

funny and poignant-want to see where the nxt 'lab rats' ep takes them.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 28/5/2009 12:53:07 PM >

Post #: 106
RE: CSI 's - 14/6/2009 7:58:27 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I really enjoyed last weeks NY episode (Nazi/Jew), thought it was enthralling and a great piece of TV. NY is a clear winner by far this year...

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 107
RE: CSI 's - 29/6/2009 8:43:02 PM   
indysgill

What did people think of the Vegas and NY finales?

Personally i enjoyed the NY finale alot more, if only for Flack not chickening out near the end and getting payback. The Vegas one just seemed like a regular episode.They finished NY on one hell of a cliffhanger too!

Also cant wait for the new Miami tomorrow, i have read no spoilers or anything about it, so dont know what happens to Horatio Caine!

Post #: 108
RE: CSI 's - 30/6/2009 1:21:07 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I thought the Vegas finale was a good one to be honest and in keeping with this series. Ray has always been trying to help people and this time he couldn't, he had to pull the trigger. Makes a nice change from the usual 'CSI in Danger' finale.

I loved the NY finale, NY has been exceptional this series. The ongoing storylines have kept me interested Mac/Media Mogul, Stella/Greek Smugglers and Danny and Lindsays marriage/parenthood. Shame to see Angel go but glad Don got his vengeance, let's just hope that somehow CSI Riley was visiting the NY bar on holiday and got gunned down instead of any of the New Yorkers

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 109
RE: CSI 's - 30/6/2009 1:53:18 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I think Eddie Cahill was doing his best Robert De Niro impressions near the end of the final episode. He didn't half look like him. I think we might see another death at the start of the next series.

Vegas was ok, it was a good attempt at trying to end a series differently. I miss Grissom though.

Much more better!

Post #: 110
RE: CSI 's - 30/6/2009 7:12:24 PM   
indysgill

quote:

I thought the Vegas finale was a good one to be honest and in keeping with this series. Ray has always been trying to help people and this time he couldn't, he had to pull the trigger. Makes a nice let's just hope that somehow CSI Riley was visiting the NY bar on holiday and got gunned down instead of any of the New Yorkers

I have a feeling it will be either Danny or Lindsay, just to have a bigger impact on the season. All i know is that who ever goes, Robert Dunbrook is in for a world of hurt from Mac (YAY!)

Two hours until we reach Miami, ooooooooooooh!!

Post #: 111
RE: CSI 's - 1/7/2009 8:32:02 PM   
indysgill

Well?

I had a feeling about 2 mins in it was a ruse.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 112
RE: CSI 's - 17/9/2009 5:50:52 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

All I can say is I wish he had died, I've watched this season and can't stand it. The storylines are average, the supporting cast is great but I just can't get on with the Horatio character, his glasses or his hands on his hips. If it wasn't for him it would probably be quite enjoyable....

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 113
RE: CSI 's - 19/9/2009 1:43:42 PM   
spark1

quote:

All I can say is I wish he had died, I've watched this season and can't stand it. The storylines are average, the supporting cast is great but I just can't get on with the Horatio character, his glasses or his hands on his hips. If it wasn't for him it would probably be quite enjoyable....

'miami' jumped the shark in the premiere.

'csi' is 10 years old on oct 6.

Post #: 114
RE: CSI 's - 5/1/2010 3:12:51 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

New York returns on Saturday! Can't wait, it's the best one of the three by far at the moment....

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 115
RE: CSI 's - 6/1/2010 8:55:41 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Vegas is back next week as well!

Much more better!

Post #: 116
RE: CSI 's - 8/1/2010 11:35:37 AM   
spark1

peterson post 'csi' at-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/6947805/William-Petersen-on-life-after-CSI.html

(in reply to robbiekhan)
Post #: 117
RE: CSI 's - 13/1/2010 10:38:13 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

I loved the NY finale, NY has been exceptional this series. The ongoing storylines have kept me interested Mac/Media Mogul, Stella/Greek Smugglers and Danny and Lindsays marriage/parenthood. Shame to see Angel go but glad Don got his vengeance, let's just hope that somehow CSI Riley was visiting the NY bar on holiday and got gunned down instead of any of the New Yorkers

Not quite but next best thing, she's left!

Great opening to both shows this week, Danny got it then but not fatally, he'll up and about in no time I should imagine and in Vegas my beloved Sarah is back, excellent! Great episode as well.

Post #: 118
RE: CSI 's - 27/1/2010 3:17:24 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

I enjoyed this weeks Vegas episode, the ending was great

Post #: 119
RE: CSI 's - 28/1/2010 1:36:12 PM   
spark1

so ray got bit of problem to deal with.

oh, brother....

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: CSI 's Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI