Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Identify The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Identify The Film - 2/2/2007 8:24:46 PM   
Richter

It sounds a bit like The Thief of Baghdad http://imdb.com/title/tt0033152/
,but it was in colour.

...with big pointy teeth,do you a treat...

(in reply to Clemenza)
Post #: 181
RE: Identify The Film - 3/2/2007 10:42:29 AM   
hozay

It might also be The 7th Voyage Of Sinbad 1958 very similar to Jason and the Argonauts.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0051337/

Other than that you can go to imdb and put Sinbad in the search function and quite a few versions of sinbad come up.
You've actually done me a favour because I've just found an interesting looking film I never knew existed - a Japanese
version of Sinbad starring Toshiro Mifune - I've gotta see that.

(in reply to Richter)
Post #: 182
RE: Princessa - 4/2/2007 3:27:33 PM   
princessa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richter

Okay,hopefully I`ll have more success with the kid lost in Japan flick.

How about Escapade in Japan,there`s a plane crash,a Japanese fisherman takes in the boy,when the authorities come the boy and the fisherman`s son run away,as they think they`re in trouble.

Whaddya think,any good?

Sounds like it - thanx!!!!

(in reply to Richter)
Post #: 183
RE: Identify The Film - 6/2/2007 12:54:16 AM   
pumpkin_ghost

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

HI i remember seeing this trailer it was some sort of lizard/monster/beast/alien thing and the words PREY flashed on the screen every few seconds. It has stuck in my memory since i saw it which was some time ago. If anyone can name it i'd be very thankful.

starship troopers

65 Millions Years In The Making....

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 184
RE: Identify The Film - 6/2/2007 1:39:24 PM   
Clemenza

quote:

It sounds a bit like The Thief of Baghdad http://imdb.com/title/tt0033152/
,but it was in colour.

That's a thought, though it might actually be the earlier 1928 version, but thanks anyway.

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli"

(in reply to pumpkin_ghost)
Post #: 185
RE: Identify The Film - 7/2/2007 2:55:25 AM   
alvinsate

Can you guess this movie?

A Nick Love film

Stars by Sean Bean, Danny Dyer.

It is all about betrayal from government..

I have the link for their website but I can't open it that is why I am not sure about it..

Thanks...

(in reply to Clemenza)
Post #: 186
RE: Identify The Film - 7/2/2007 3:24:32 AM   
Lydia_H

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758771/

Try that

I'm hot like Pol Pot. Squeeze me.

(in reply to alvinsate)
Post #: 187
RE: Name The Film - 8/2/2007 4:53:22 AM   
shereeful

A janitor at MIT, Will Hunting (Matt Damon) has a gift for maths that can take him light-years beyond his blue-collar roots, but to achieve his dream he must turn his back on the neighborhood and his best friend (Ben Affleck). To complicate matters, two strangers enter the equation: a washed-up shrink (Robin Williams) who starts to coach Will through his transformation, and a med student (Minnie Driver) who shows him that there can be a pretty face along with his life of the mind. I think this is one of Stellan Skarsgard movie.. any ideas about a new upcoming movies of Stellan Skarsgard..?

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 188
RE: Name The Film - 9/2/2007 1:39:34 AM   
kit

shereeful there is some info here,

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001745/

(in reply to shereeful)
Post #: 189
RE: Identify The Film - 13/2/2007 12:36:17 PM   
Joker7

Do you guys remember The Willies?

It was a Creepshow / Tales from the Crypt type film with 3 or 4 young lads camping in the yard telling weird / spooky stories. Each story was played out like a short film, one of the kids was Sean Astin. I think there was a story about a woman eating a KFC and it was a rat, was there one about a big fat at a pie eating contest or was that Stand by Me? There was one with a weird kid who trapped flies and pulled their wings off and put them in little displays - like model villages and stuff - 2 giant flies came and pulled his arms and legs off. And then there was one about a Janitor who was a werewolf type monster that they revealed was really Sean Astin's dad at the end!

Any takers?

Have you paid your dues Jack? Yessir the cheque is in the mail...

It's all in the reflexes...

(in reply to Richter)
Post #: 190
RE: Identify The Film - 14/2/2007 4:21:14 AM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joker7

It was a Creepshow / Tales from the Crypt type film with 3 or 4 young lads camping in the yard telling weird / spooky stories. Each story was played out like a short film, one of the kids was Sean Astin. I think there was a story about a woman eating a KFC and it was a rat, was there one about a big fat at a pie eating contest or was that Stand by Me? There was one with a weird kid who trapped flies and pulled their wings off and put them in little displays - like model villages and stuff - 2 giant flies came and pulled his arms and legs off. And then there was one about a Janitor who was a werewolf type monster that they revealed was really Sean Astin's dad at the end!

Any takers?

I'm not sure what you're after exactly but here's a link for The Willies at imdb-

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0103268/

(in reply to Joker7)
Post #: 191
RE: Identify The Film - 14/2/2007 12:29:25 PM   
Joker7

quote:

ORIGINAL: hozay

quote:

Any takers?

I'm not sure what you're after exactly but here's a link for The Willies at imdb-

Thanks yes that's definitely it - I knew the film but just wondered if anyone else remembered it - no one else I know can and it's frustrating!

Have you paid your dues Jack? Yessir the cheque is in the mail...

It's all in the reflexes...

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 192
RE: Identify The Film - 14/2/2007 1:07:16 PM   
great_badir

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: hozay

quote:

Any takers?

Thanks yes that's definitely it - I knew the film but just wondered if anyone else remembered it - no one else I know can and it's frustrating!

Saw it ages ago.  Don't remember too much about it, except for thinking it was shit and it bored the hell out of me.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Joker7)
Post #: 193
RE: Identify The Film - 15/2/2007 6:57:34 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Achtung Englander

Hi

As a kid I saw a movie on BBC2 back in the late 80s about 2 scientists / astronauts who manage to go forward in time when the world is run by woman.

It was very funny and interesting. It was also a Czech film me thinks but I am not sure

Anyone know this movie ?

This is from the locked thread which Achtung queried.

I believe the film you are querying is in fact a Polish film in which two men are cryogenically frozen for a couple of months during an experiment.  During this time all men are wiped out as a result of another experiment (much like the recent comic Y The Last Man).  they awaken years later to find themselves in an underground complex populated by the surviving women who believe the surface world is polluted as a result of the experiment.  Which wiped out all the men.

It is quite an amusing comedy even if the low budget does show through.  In fact I saw this a few months ago and whilst it doesn't stand up to memories (I was about 14 when I first saw it on channel 4 and it showed boobies and girly bits ) it is still a  good film to watch with some fine moments even if there are some chauvanistic moments as well.

HERE 

Forgot to mention it is called The Sex Mission which I believe refers to gender rather than anything squelchy.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 17/2/2007 12:20:56 AM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 194
What it called - 16/2/2007 1:28:50 PM   
stu 2 stu

hi can you help?

no idead who was in it but i remember a film where spitting was a sport and the male lead burnt his mouth on hot tea and then killed himself as he could not spit properly anymore.

any ideas?

"As far back as i can remember I've always wanted to be a gangster"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 195
RE: Identify The Film - 18/2/2007 6:07:07 PM   
princessa

quote:

ORIGINAL: princessa

I watched this movie ages ago.  Its a straight to vid one.  Two teenage brothers who live in New York get into trouble and are sent by their mother to live with their father in the Florida Keyes.  One of them gets involved with a girl who is part of some gang. 

Unfortunately i cannot remember anymore than that i'm afraid.

I HOPE I'VE POSTED THIS IN THE RIGHT THREAD!!!!

I've done some investigating and i've found out what the film is called:

The Keys

< Message edited by princessa -- 18/2/2007 6:11:44 PM >

(in reply to princessa)
Post #: 196
RE: Name The Film - 18/2/2007 6:09:41 PM   
princessa

quote:

ORIGINAL: shereeful

A janitor at MIT, Will Hunting (Matt Damon) has a gift for maths that can take him light-years beyond his blue-collar roots, but to achieve his dream he must turn his back on the neighborhood and his best friend (Ben Affleck). To complicate matters, two strangers enter the equation: a washed-up shrink (Robin Williams) who starts to coach Will through his transformation, and a med student (Minnie Driver) who shows him that there can be a pretty face along with his life of the mind. I think this is one of Stellan Skarsgard movie.. any ideas about a new upcoming movies of Stellan Skarsgard..?

Its called

Good Will Hunting

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119217/

< Message edited by princessa -- 18/2/2007 6:13:11 PM >

(in reply to shereeful)
Post #: 197
RE: Identify The Film - 22/2/2007 2:25:22 PM   
widdershins

Hello film buffs,
I wonder if one of you can help me. There is this film I saw a few times when I was younger, shown on TV in the eighties a few times. I loved it and would love to see it again but can't remember any actors' names or the name of the film. I will try to describe it as well as I can.
It was a horror film, black and white, I would guess made in the late 40s or 50s. It could even be a 30s film but unlikely.
The story: from what I remember 4 people are meeting at a country house for a get together and they start to get talking about the paranormal. Each one in turn mentions something wierd that's happened to them, as so the film splits into four kind of sub films, each time going back to the conversation in the house.
The first story is this bloke who wakes up in the night, looks oout of his bedroom window and sees a hearse going down the street (horse and cart type). The Pall-bearer stares up at him weirdly, points to where the coffin is sat and says room for one more on top, and smiles. The next day this bloke is getting a bus into town and the same man from his 'dream' is the bus conductor and he says with a smile 'room for one more on top'. The bloke is terrified, doesn't board the bus and almost immediately it swerves off a bridge and crashes killing everyone.
Three more stories ensue, of which I cannot remember the details.
It had a similar feel to the classic 'Night of the Demon' film.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Post #: 198
RE: Identify The Film - 22/2/2007 4:12:45 PM   
worldsgreatestsinner

It's Dead Of Night, a classic Brit horror from the mid 40s.

(in reply to widdershins)
Post #: 199
Have you seen this scene? What's the film? - 23/2/2007 12:11:28 PM   
kingcrow

It's a film I saw on TV when i was very young, maybe in the late 70's to mid 80's. it had a medieval, fantasy adventure feel aboout it..
The scene I remember goes like this: A warrior/barbarian is outside, drinking from a stream possibly, his back turned. Another warrior sneaks up behind him and throws a spear in his back. My memory's a bit hazy but i think i the guy doesn't die immediately and turns round, facing his attacker, tries to lift up a big rock above his head to crush the guy but doesn't manage it and dies. What sticks out in this scene is the look on the other guy's face i.e.: oh sh:t! I've just speared this guy in the back and he's not dead! gulp...'

does anyone out there have any ideas?? I've tried imdb.com with no luck. I'm really stumped so any film title suggestions, leads, even suggestions of other forums - much appreciated!

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 200
RE: Have you seen this scene? What's the film? - 24/2/2007 12:08:51 AM   
Harry Exton

Evening all. The film I'm trying to find the name of a film I saw on the telly back in the late 80s or early 90s. It was on during the day so it can't have been too risque. I only caught the end of it, but a bloke catches his missus in bed with another bloke and then chucks the bloke out of a window. I think it was a foreign language film, but I can't be sure.

Any help is much appreciated.

30 seconds in to your future......

(in reply to kingcrow)
Post #: 201
maybe you can help...please? - 24/2/2007 3:08:51 PM   
speaking2me

this is my first time on this forum so sorry if its getting a bit boring.. anyyyyway when i was a kid i saw 2 films that i would like to know their titles film 1) an astronaught goes to space and does some kind of experiment with a camera but he accidently looks at the sun with it... obviously blinded he is taken to a hospital where after a while he finds out that he can run super fast and is super strong when he opens his eyes. so he wears special glasses so that his body doesnt shake itself apart........ anyideas on this one?

2) some kind of apocolyptic film about some kind of insects maybe ants? that eat people to the bone, a small number of people have to get to door of some kind where there is a safe zone . sorry for being so lame in explanation but i hope soemone can help as its seriously doing my swede in

(in reply to Seymour)
Post #: 202
RE: Identify The Film - 24/2/2007 6:18:36 PM   
carsrock

I watched the end of a film but I forgot the name of the actors when the credits rolled so I couldn't look it up. It was some kind of a horror movie and a blonde girl was running from a deformed demonic looking monster dressed in patient clothing in an underground subway type place. She eventually killed the thing by throwing a hook through it's throat and having a train go through the chain which slit it's throat. There is a lot of blood when this happens. The ending shot is that she sits down at the subway covered in blood as trains go past.I'd love to know what it was called just for curiosity's sake.

"On August 29th, 1997, it's gonna feel pretty fucking real to you too. Anybody not wearing 2 million sunblock is gonna have a real bad day. Get it? "

Post #: 203
RE: Identify The Film - 24/2/2007 6:25:12 PM   
EVILSPEAK

quote:

ORIGINAL: carsrock

I watched the end of a film but I forgot the name of the actors when the credits rolled so I couldn't look it up. It was some kind of a horror movie and a blonde girl was running from a deformed demonic looking monster dressed in patient clothing in an underground subway type place. She eventually killed the thing by throwing a hook through it's throat and having a train go through the chain which slit it's throat. There is a lot of blood when this happens. The ending shot is that she sits down at the subway covered in blood as trains go past.I'd love to know what it was called just for curiosity's sake.

(in reply to carsrock)
Post #: 204
RE: maybe you can help...please? - 27/2/2007 1:06:42 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: speaking2me

2) some kind of apocolyptic film about some kind of insects maybe ants? that eat people to the bone, a small number of people have to get to door of some kind where there is a safe zone . sorry for being so lame in explanation but i hope soemone can help as its seriously doing my swede in

Sounds a bit like Saul Bass's Phase IV:

but I haven't seen it for well over a decade, so can't be sure.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to speaking2me)
Post #: 205
RE: maybe you can help...please? - 27/2/2007 3:16:56 PM   
Smoking Gun

quote:

this is my first time on this forum so sorry if its getting a bit boring.. anyyyyway when i was a kid i saw 2 films that i would like to know their titles film 1) an astronaught goes to space and does some kind of experiment with a camera but he accidently looks at the sun with it... obviously blinded he is taken to a hospital where after a while he finds out that he can run super fast and is super strong when he opens his eyes. so he wears special glasses so that his body doesnt shake itself apart........ anyideas on this one?

Easy now! This sounds remarkably like 'North Star'. I think it was the pilot for a tv show in the 80's that never quite made it. I remember being impressed with it at the time though as I was only a kid. A bit like I was impressed by Manimal and Automan if anyone else remembers them?

We've been going about this all wrong, this Mr. Stay Puft's okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble.

(in reply to speaking2me)
Post #: 206
RE: maybe you can help...please? - 27/2/2007 10:51:54 PM   
Cigarash

Used to love Manimal.

How's about this one though.....

All I can remember is one or more of the faces on Mount Rushmore being altered with lasers.  Any ideas?

They sought it with thimbles,
They sought it with care,
They pursued it with forks and hope.
They threatened it''s life with a railway share,
They charmed it with smiles and soap

(in reply to Smoking Gun)
Post #: 207
RE: maybe you can help...please? - 27/2/2007 11:09:44 PM   
The2ndRing

Ritchie Rich?

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library

"Do you know what I like about you?
Fuck all."

(in reply to Cigarash)
Post #: 208
RE: maybe you can help...please? - 27/2/2007 11:16:39 PM   
Cigarash

quote:

ORIGINAL: The2ndRing

Ritchie Rich?

Not seen that, so nope.  I'm rubbish, because I can't rememberif it were film, TV, animated, or live.  I'll know when I hear the right name though.  Just finished watching North by Northwest, and that one scene manifested itself in my head.

They sought it with thimbles,
They sought it with care,
They pursued it with forks and hope.
They threatened it''s life with a railway share,
They charmed it with smiles and soap

(in reply to The2ndRing)
Post #: 209
RE: maybe you can help...please? - 27/2/2007 11:33:10 PM   
Joedini

quote:

All I can remember is one or more of the faces on Mount Rushmore being altered with lasers.  Any ideas?

Is it Mars Attacks?

(in reply to Cigarash)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI