Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Name The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  65 66 67 68 [69]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Name The Film - 11/1/2015 9:49:28 PM   
cappsie

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: cappsie

Hey all,

I have yet another poser for you. So from what I can remember, this sci fi film is centred around a key, some sort of cosmic key which is a kind of puzzle (not the same as The Masters of the Universe). I believe what happens is this key somehow makes its way to earth and its parts are broken up. The point at which someone solves the puzzle and builds the key sends a shockwave throughout the universe. There was some sort of weird staircase leading to a portal or gateway through which aliens left earth because the key had been solved and they needed to get off the planet. I don't know if this is the same film as where dead bodies are replaced with living passengers on a 747 which is going to crash.

If you know what it is, I'd really like to see the key film again. :)

Thanks,
Adam.

Maybe The Last Mimsy? As far as I can recall it involved puzzles / toys & a portal of some kind

The dead bodies replacing live passengers on the 747 movie was 1989's Millennium.

Hi BudBaxter,

I've just watched Millennium (again) and you were complete spot on. The movie incorporates both the 747 with the dead bodies, but as a part of that, the device they refer to as "the stunner" is what I thought was the "key". I was incorrect. When Kris Kristofferson figures it all out, it causes a paradox.

Brilliant.

And thanks again buddy :D

Adam.

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 2041
RE: Identify The Film - 15/1/2015 2:55:37 PM   
GOGOL13

HARRY HE'S HERE TO HELP

(in reply to fattaxi)
Post #: 2042
RE: Identify The Film - 16/1/2015 2:59:39 PM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: GOGOL13

HARRY HE'S HERE TO HELP

I can't decide if you're a spambot or if you genuinely think it was worth answering a nine year old question...

(in reply to GOGOL13)
Post #: 2043
RE: Identify The Film - 16/1/2015 8:51:59 PM   
Senor Benedict

OK, got a new one for you... one of those post-apocalyptic movies from the 80's.. the two lead characters were, I think, brothers who had been locked in a fall out shelter for many years and grew up watching 40's films... came out dressed in 40's finery and took on the post apocalypse world...

Really liked this one as a kid, any ideas? For the record, I seem to remember there were recognisable actors from 80's films...

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 2044
RE: Identify The Film - 17/1/2015 7:41:36 AM   
sanchia

The only one I can think of is Radioactive Dreams although it only partially fits your description?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091818/

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Senor Benedict)
Post #: 2045
RE: Identify The Film - 17/1/2015 7:33:41 PM   
Senor Benedict

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

The only one I can think of is Radioactive Dreams although it only partially fits your description?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091818/

That's the one, Sanchia! Cheers!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 2046
RE: Identify The Film - 19/1/2015 10:20:34 PM   
TheKziza

Release date: not sure, but it got to be between 2006 - 2012 max if that helps. i think it's more in the 2008 - 2010 zone but just to be sure i speculate it to be 2006 - 2012
Director: i don't know.
Actress: i don't know.
genre: i don't know, but i think it's somewhere in the action trhiller advancture genre not sure duo.
about the movie: that is where it gets problametic, i only saw the trailer a few years ago, and i only remeber it very vaguely, soo i hope i can write enough for someone to recognize it.
the funny thing is i only remeber that scene, and in that scene you see a man and a woman going to a car, you see the woman entering something to the car or about to enter inside the car, i know it may sound funny but the most rememberable and noticeable thing in that scene where her boobs, they were big.
and the last thing i remeber but i'm not sure i remeber correctly but i think it was in a tropical area, you know somewhere exotic with tress and shit, i know my description is extremly vague, but i'm begging you guys, i'm trying to find this movie for years !.

Post #: 2047
RE: Identify The Film - 20/1/2015 10:51:41 AM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheKziza

Release date: not sure, but it got to be between 2006 - 2012 max if that helps. i think it's more in the 2008 - 2010 zone but just to be sure i speculate it to be 2006 - 2012
Director: i don't know.
Actress: i don't know.
genre: i don't know, but i think it's somewhere in the action trhiller advancture genre not sure duo.
about the movie: that is where it gets problametic, i only saw the trailer a few years ago, and i only remeber it very vaguely, soo i hope i can write enough for someone to recognize it.
the funny thing is i only remeber that scene, and in that scene you see a man and a woman going to a car, you see the woman entering something to the car or about to enter inside the car, i know it may sound funny but the most rememberable and noticeable thing in that scene where her boobs, they were big.
and the last thing i remeber but i'm not sure i remeber correctly but i think it was in a tropical area, you know somewhere exotic with tress and shit, i know my description is extremly vague, but i'm begging you guys, i'm trying to find this movie for years !.

So, somewhere (possibly tropical), a woman with big tits puts something in a car, maybe.

I think we might need a little bit more to go on...

(in reply to TheKziza)
Post #: 2048
RE: Identify The Film - 20/1/2015 1:26:35 PM   
UTB

Drive Angry?

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 2049
RE: Name The Film - 21/1/2015 3:05:02 PM   
reddoggg

Does anyone know which film this scene is from?

thanks

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 2050
RE: Name The Film - 21/1/2015 3:18:33 PM   
BudBaxter

The answer's in the filename of the pic.

Hitchcock's Rebecca

(in reply to reddoggg)
Post #: 2051
RE: Name The Film - 24/1/2015 9:33:06 PM   
reddoggg

Thanks very much Bud!
I guess I should have figured that out.

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 2052
RE: Name The Film - 29/1/2015 5:27:25 AM   
arthurmaga

Hi i am looking for an old japanese movie (samurai movie). The movie starts with a guy that avenges the school that has dishonored his master. He also defends a man from attackers. Then he meets a girl during the japan farmers love night (she was a noble indeed). Then when he goes to her home an another male meets him and the fight to death by sword. Our hero wins and kills the other male.

(in reply to reddoggg)
Post #: 2053
RE: Name The Film - 2/2/2015 8:50:47 AM   
Vitamin F

Having a mental block - does anyone recognise a film or TV show in which someone has a Dukes of Hazzard horn in their car, but it sort of runs out of puff towards the end each time it's blown. This seems to be the running joke as I believe it happens several times.
I know I'm going to kick myself as this feels like some show I'm really familiar with...
Ta

(in reply to cappsie)
Post #: 2054
RE: Name The Film - 12/2/2015 3:29:01 AM   
Falog

Hi, I'm trying to look for the title of this movie I saw back in 1996. I can't remember if it was on VHS or LaserDisc, so the movie had to be older than 1996.

I think the movie was about 2 married couples who are friends. 1 of the couples was having problems in their relationship and the second couple wanted to avoid the same thing by looking for ways to spice up their love life. Hence, in 1 scene, the guy from the second couple laid rose petals trailing up to the bed for his wife. However, everything was awkward and the wife actually stepped on a thorn and pricked her foot.

Sorry, I can't remember any of the actors/actresses. The only other scene I remember was maybe a flashback of the first couple before they got married. This couple was having dinner with probably the guy's parents and they snuck off halfway during dinner to have sex, with the parents able to see the silhouette of what they were doing from the dinner table.

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 2055
RE: Name The Film - 20/2/2015 8:30:19 PM   
Overmind

I got this request from a friend of mine.

A boy, 10+, is in police interrogation accused of killing his older sister.

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Falog)
Post #: 2056
RE: Name The Film - 20/2/2015 8:48:32 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overmind

I got this request from a friend of mine.

A boy, 10+, is in police interrogation accused of killing his older sister.

The Interrogation of Martin Crowe. I realise the sister is younger but it is the only one which jumps to mind.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0330452/

< Message edited by sanchia -- 20/2/2015 8:49:22 PM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 2057
RE: Name The Film - 20/2/2015 9:07:46 PM   
Overmind

My friend GF is damned that you hit the target.. Thanx :)

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 2058
RE: Name The Film - 21/2/2015 7:33:04 PM   
Senor Benedict

quote:

ORIGINAL: Falog

Hi, I'm trying to look for the title of this movie I saw back in 1996. I can't remember if it was on VHS or LaserDisc, so the movie had to be older than 1996.

I think the movie was about 2 married couples who are friends. 1 of the couples was having problems in their relationship and the second couple wanted to avoid the same thing by looking for ways to spice up their love life. Hence, in 1 scene, the guy from the second couple laid rose petals trailing up to the bed for his wife. However, everything was awkward and the wife actually stepped on a thorn and pricked her foot.

Sorry, I can't remember any of the actors/actresses. The only other scene I remember was maybe a flashback of the first couple before they got married. This couple was having dinner with probably the guy's parents and they snuck off halfway during dinner to have sex, with the parents able to see the silhouette of what they were doing from the dinner table.

Hi, Falog! Is it possibly 'Consenting Adults'? 1992, so doesn't fit the timescale, but just in case, here's the trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGSNeZ1mRGY

(in reply to Falog)
Post #: 2059
RE: Name The Film - 25/2/2015 7:21:05 PM   
Playscreen

Can you guess this classic film?

(FYI: we just released a new movie trivia game, Stick Figure Movie Trivia ... )

Post #: 2060
RE: Name The Film - 26/2/2015 4:08:06 AM   
wolfgazer79

Hello Everyone,

Could someone please help me with this movie? My girlfriend asked me to look up this movie for her that she saw as a child. She does not remember what it was about she just remembers that there was a scene where a man had his arm chopped off by a samurai sword. This is either a 1970's or 1980's movie. We do not know any of the actors names, all I have to go by is this one scene. I am guessing that this is a japanese movie and she thinks the man that had his arm chopped off was white. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post #: 2061
RE: Name The Film - 26/2/2015 11:17:20 AM   
BudBaxter

Erm, every samurai movie ever made? Or Star Wars.

Might need a bit more detail.

(in reply to wolfgazer79)
Post #: 2062
RE: Name The Film - 26/2/2015 7:13:03 PM   
andykesgrave

Hi - I have vague memories of watching on tv a British comedy from the 60s or70s where too many people are looking around a new house on a new housing estate and slowly the house is wrecked as parts fall away / stairs collapse etc
Any ideas ?

Thanks

Post #: 2063
RE: Name The Film - 27/2/2015 11:06:40 AM   
bottlerocket

quote:

ORIGINAL: Playscreen

Can you guess this classic film?

(FYI: we just released a new movie trivia game, Stick Figure Movie Trivia ... )

LONG CAMERA

(in reply to Playscreen)
Post #: 2064
RE: Name The Film - 28/2/2015 12:41:11 PM   
Ixltixl

Hello,

In the last few days, I got this movie in my head, that I've seen perhaps 15 years ago and I just can't find out what it's called.

It's a romantic comedy from the mid to late 90's +/- a couple of years.

It's about a shy, young, nerdy guy, whose main recognizable feature is, that he constantly wears a completely unfashionable hat. He comes to the big city for the first time and doesn't really fit in. A young woman, I think she had red hair and was somewhat of a goth girl, takes a liking to him and helps him come out of his shell.

In the one scene I clearly remember, the woman asks him why he is wearing such a silly hat all the time and he answers it's because the human body loses most of its heat through the head.

Thank you for any answers.

(in reply to cappsie)
Post #: 2065
RE: Name The Film - 1/3/2015 11:32:01 AM   
Falog

Hi Senor Benedict, thanks for looking into this. Unfortunately, Consenting Adults is not the movie I am looking for. The movie is, I believe, a rom-com. Now that I think back, it might had been the male who pricked his foot from a thorn among the rose petals instead of the female.

I don't think there were any A-listers starring in the movie. The actress in the rose petals scene looked like someone who had acted in a number of movies but I can't find her photo anywhere. The best description I can provide is that she looked like Tatum O'Neal, but with a gentler face and maybe a rounder nose? It's driving me crazy that I can't google for her to search for the movie title!

Post #: 2066
Page:   <<   < prev  65 66 67 68 [69]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  65 66 67 68 [69]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI