Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Name The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  64 65 66 67 [68]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Name The Film - 11/10/2014 1:13:34 AM   
cappsie

Howdy,

You guys have proven very useful - all those films from my past you've found.

I have another challenge: quite an old film, possible from the 60s or 70s - all I recall is the final line where the man, his wife and son and daughter are on Mars. There was some suggestion there were aliens on Mars, but with his arm around his wife and his on-looking children he states "we're the aliens..." and using a remote control, blows up the rocket - their only way back to earth.

Does anyone know this one?

Thanks,
Adam.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 2011
RE: Name The Film - 11/10/2014 8:46:08 AM   
Dr Lenera

That sounds to me like The Martian Chronicles from 1980 [though you said 60's or 70's?], a TV mini-series starring Rock Hudson based on Ray Bradbury's The Silver Locusts, the scene you describe is near the end, though not the very last scene. The series has a bad rep, but I've always really liked it. Is available on R1 import DVD.

< Message edited by Dr Lenera -- 11/10/2014 8:37:31 PM >

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to cappsie)
Post #: 2012
RE: Name The Film - 25/10/2014 10:23:25 PM   
TAYLAR8

Does anyone know the name of the movie where some people are driving along a very straight road at night that cuts through a large forest and even though they're driving in a straight line they suddenly realise they keep passing the same place over and over.

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 2013
RE: Name The Film - 26/10/2014 9:43:38 AM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: TAYLAR8

Does anyone know the name of the movie where some people are driving along a very straight road at night that cuts through a large forest and even though they're driving in a straight line they suddenly realise they keep passing the same place over and over.

Dead End?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308152/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_113

(in reply to TAYLAR8)
Post #: 2014
RE: Name The Film - 28/10/2014 6:50:46 PM   
Chris Boomen

A couple of years ago, on television, I saw a movie about a woman who was kidnapped. She spend the beginning of the movie fixing a phone and then called a random number. She reached a guy who then kept trying to find her for the bigger part of the movie. I also remember him stealing a phone charger and her stabbing the kidnapper.

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to cappsie)
Post #: 2015
[Awaiting Approval]
Craig32

[Awaiting Approval]
Post #: 2016
RE: Name The Film - 29/10/2014 8:20:06 PM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Boomen

A couple of years ago, on television, I saw a movie about a woman who was kidnapped. She spend the beginning of the movie fixing a phone and then called a random number. She reached a guy who then kept trying to find her for the bigger part of the movie. I also remember him stealing a phone charger and her stabbing the kidnapper.

sounds like Cellular

(in reply to Chris Boomen)
Post #: 2017
[Awaiting Approval]
Craig32

[Awaiting Approval]
Post #: 2018
RE: Name The Film - 30/10/2014 11:22:50 AM   
BudBaxter

why do all of Craig32's posts read [Awaiting Approval]?

< Message edited by BudBaxter -- 31/10/2014 11:24:51 AM >

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 2019
[Awaiting Approval]
Craig32

[Awaiting Approval]
Post #: 2020
RE: Name The Film - 31/10/2014 6:12:46 AM   
johnnywishbone

I was trying to find the name of an unmade film that was the subject of a retrospective documentary about a famous, deceased European director.

He was making a film about a manís struggle with his wife fidelity, he though she was cheating on him with a water-skier.

The film was set near a lake and features a sequence whereby the man was following her through a bustling town (near the lake)

This maybe the most vague request. Help please.

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 2021
RE: Name The Film - 31/10/2014 10:50:16 AM   
Chris Boomen

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Boomen

sounds like Cellular

Ding, ding ding! We have a winner.

Thanks mate! That was bugging me for quite some time now.

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 2022
[Awaiting Approval]
Craig32

[Awaiting Approval]
Post #: 2023
RE: Name The Film - 23/11/2014 4:16:06 PM   
IAmNinja

This is all the info I have...a screenshot. Help!?

(in reply to Chris Boomen)
Post #: 2024
RE: Name The Film - 24/11/2014 1:53:15 PM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: IAmNinja

This is all the info I have...a screenshot. Help!?

Purple Rain?

(in reply to IAmNinja)
Post #: 2025
RE: Name The Film - 13/12/2014 11:27:41 AM   
mariolita

Bah, I'm having a brain fail!!
My friend and I were discussing funny/surprising scenes in films and both of us remember a particular scene, but cannot remember the name of the film.
Might have been a Coen Brothers movie, or something similarly dark and comedic.
The scene in question plays out something like this:

Some dude goes looking for a black book (we think).
He enters an apartment, perhaps meets someone inside, and fires a (possibly) warning shot into a wooden wall.
However, the bullet travels through the wall and hits a fat person in the next apartment. This fat person assumes they have been bitten (maybe in the butt) by a mosquito - we think.
Then a maid with a hoover arrives, and we think she gets shot too.

We're pulling our hair out - and are quite sure it's a very well known film which we will kick ourselves about when we finally hear/remember the title.
Can anyone please put us out of our misery?

< Message edited by mariolita -- 21/12/2014 3:17:13 PM >

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 2026
RE: Name The Film - 15/12/2014 2:29:48 PM   
dodowoop

Hey guys. still not having any luck so ill try again :)

I saw this movie when i was a kid, i believe the film was from around 1990 - 1995. About this guy that lost his wife and little kid (maybe on their anniversary day) and then after went on a revenge trip after 3-4 people. One of them was a red, short hair woman and some other bad guys. He's chasing them down in alaska or something. There is a lot of snow and he's is wearing at one point a all white dress to blend in the snow. I know this is random information but its all i remember :) there is also some bombs and stuff. its a action thriller !

Is there anybody who has any idea what movie this is
??

Post #: 2027
RE: Name The Film - 16/12/2014 9:52:48 PM   
limonaadi

I watched this film when I was little and I remember it very vaguely. It was about a little girl who was able to move objects with her mind. I'm not sure if she was an orphan but she might have been. And there was something weird going on at her school and there was some evil woman.. probably teacher I'd assume. Something to do with chocolate too. Yeah chocolate. I don't remember what but lots of chocolate, lol. It's probably from.. uhm.. well before 2006 and it was either Spanish or dubbed in Spanish.

(in reply to dodowoop)
Post #: 2028
RE: Name The Film - 16/12/2014 10:22:45 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: limonaadi

I watched this film when I was little and I remember it very vaguely. It was about a little girl who was able to move objects with her mind. I'm not sure if she was an orphan but she might have been. And there was something weird going on at her school and there was some evil woman.. probably teacher I'd assume. Something to do with chocolate too. Yeah chocolate. I don't remember what but lots of chocolate, lol. It's probably from.. uhm.. well before 2006 and it was either Spanish or dubbed in Spanish.

Matilda with Danny DeVito?

Meanwhile...

(in reply to limonaadi)
Post #: 2029
RE: Name The Film - 17/12/2014 11:49:28 PM   
limonaadi

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: limonaadi

Matilda with Danny DeVito?

That's the one. Thank you

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 2030
RE: Name The Film - 18/12/2014 6:29:30 PM   
nuuuuwas

i'm trying to find this movie - i'll copy and paste the following to every possible movie forum. hopefully someone knows what i'm talking about.
it's incredibly bad and low budget, made by some director who consistently makes bizarre and terrible movies. the characters spend a lot of time playing beach volleyball. and at some point the female character rambles on about crabs, or some sort of std. maybe it's a romance??? sorry, that's all i can remember. i discovered this movie when some guy reviewed it (quite entertainingly) on youtube. i don't know if he just reviews bad movies or what. but i must find the video.

Post #: 2031
RE: Name The Film - 20/12/2014 11:18:27 AM   
Chris Boomen

Cloud 9? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403946/?ref_=nv_sr_2

~Brad Bird

(in reply to nuuuuwas)
Post #: 2032
Page:   <<   < prev  64 65 66 67 [68]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  64 65 66 67 [68]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI