Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Name The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  62 63 64 65 [66]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Name The Film - 21/1/2014 6:00:56 PM   
tommypocket

I'll be amazed if anyone can locate this one for me but worth a shot...

When I was a wee lad, every year a guy in our small town used to hire out the sports hall for an evening and show his collection of old silent movies - you know, for kids. They were all 1920s I guess; lots of Chaplin/Keaton/Laurel & Hardy inspired slapstick... all very quaint, jaunty piano-accompanied, short 10 minute features (Yes, we live a sheltered, simple existence here in the West Country...).

Anyway, every year all the under 10s in our town would watch these, loving them despite having seen them the previous year... but always waiting and begging for the final, show-stopping reel that had 100s of us whooping and cheering in our plastic school chairs.

This short kids film showed a scrappy bunch of short-trousered/flat cap American scamps staging an epic soapbox/go-kart race down a seemingly endless steep, suburban street... The only image I can vaguely recall is of one or more of the teams going through a hedge.

Would be awesome if this rings a bell for anyone.

< Message edited by tommypocket -- 21/1/2014 6:02:17 PM >

"Sing it again for my pleasure."

Twitter drivel - @tommypocket

(in reply to gitsot)
Post #: 1951
RE: Name The Film - 21/1/2014 6:12:13 PM   
rawlinson

Not the Our Gang short Auto Antics?

(in reply to tommypocket)
Post #: 1952
RE: Name The Film - 21/1/2014 6:46:28 PM   
tommypocket

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

Not the Our Gang short Auto Antics?

Ooh... can't find a video of it but looks very much like it could be. Well done sir!

"Sing it again for my pleasure."

Twitter drivel - @tommypocket

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1953
RE: Name The Film - 30/1/2014 1:23:59 PM   
Chris Boomen

When I was a kid, I saw this German movie about some tower that was on fire in Berlin. Does anyone know what it's called?

< Message edited by Chris Boomen -- 30/1/2014 1:24:14 PM >

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to tommypocket)
Post #: 1954
RE: Name The Film - 30/1/2014 1:33:42 PM   
rawlinson

Going by your date of birth, is this a possibility?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800028/

(in reply to Chris Boomen)
Post #: 1955
RE: Name The Film - 1/2/2014 2:05:15 PM   
Chris Boomen

Yeah!! Wow thanks!

I remember that being a lot longer ago than seven years, though. Back then I already thought it was a '90s movie.

Thanks again! :)

"I love all the arts, but I love movies most because they combine so many of them."
~Brad Bird

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1956
RE: Name The Film - 4/2/2014 7:02:37 PM   
Pederaziel

Hi, guys, I`m new here so be gentle. :)
I`m trying to find the title of a little movie about a man who is left for dead by his cheating wife and her lover. They ditch him in the desert thinking he`s dead but he`s only wounded and later on he`s able to track them down and get his revenge. In one of the scenes the man even tries to drink his own urine from a thin can found in the sands. Now I know It`s not much but that is all I can remember. If it`s helping anyone I`m sure there was a nude scene in it where the main actress shows her breast while having sex.
All of the characters were dark haired white people and Almost every scene is shot in a desert. I`m sure it isn`t "Inferno" (1953) or "Ordeal" (1973) because the film was clearly from the late 90`s. It was definitely a B-movie type without any popular names in the cast and It obviously has some direct-to-DVD features. (for example it`s cheap looking) :)
Thanks in advance for any useful info.

(in reply to Chris Boomen)
Post #: 1957
RE: Name The Film - 19/2/2014 9:27:03 AM   
DJ Satan

I'm trying to identify a half remembered scene from a film or tv show that has been irritating me.

A fake couple are being questions about when they met and they give different dates. Explaining away the difference she says she counts the first time they kissed, and he says it was the first time they had sex, with the joke being they had sex long before they kissed.

Any idea?

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Pederaziel)
Post #: 1958
RE: Name The Film - 19/2/2014 10:38:45 AM   
Whistler

That's from the first episode of Spaced

Eddy's Film Review
Latest: Need For Speed, Under The Skin, 300: Rise Of An Empire

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 1959
RE: Name The Film - 19/2/2014 11:39:44 AM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

That's from the first episode of Spaced

Of course it is. For some reason I thought it was Coupling or some other film. Thanks.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 1960
RE: Identify The Film - 21/2/2014 10:39:46 AM   
aidenbrownless

Hey guys, New here but found it cool, I am looking for a movie that is about to end the war, 2 guns on a top of a mountain its an old movie and was the block buster want to search it online so need the name if any one remember, do not know who stared in it so if anyone.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 1961
RE: Identify The Film - 21/2/2014 10:49:18 AM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: aidenbrownless

Hey guys, New here but found it cool, I am looking for a movie that is about to end the war, 2 guns on a top of a mountain its an old movie and was the block buster want to search it online so need the name if any one remember, do not know who stared in it so if anyone.

The Guns of Navarone?

(in reply to aidenbrownless)
Post #: 1962
RE: Name The Film - 27/2/2014 12:18:29 AM   
acoltismypassport

Hey guys. As you may guess, I'm looking for the name of a film.

The movie was French. Released, I believe, no longer than ten years ago. It was about three years ago that I saw it, so that puts it no more recent than 2010 or so.

Here's my description. I'll include as much as possible from what I can remember:

A young French couple, late twenties or so, get married in what I believe is some large hotel resort. The ceremony goes well, and they're now man and wife. The next thing I remember is it's late at night, and the wife goes down to the side of this lake which is covered quite well with trees, bushes and whatnot. While she's pondering by the lakeside, a good-looking American guy stumbles across her, and starts trying to make a move on her. She initially resists, but submits to his advances. Long story short, they end up having sex right there and then.

I next remember her returning to her hotel room, where her husband is sleeping on the bed, evidently exhausted (we were made to believe he knew what she was doing). She then comforts him, trying to find out what's wrong. If I remember correctly, the film ended shortly after that.

All in all, it was quite a slow-to-reveal, fairly minimalist movie. Not a great deal of dialogue, and lots of still camera shots and long takes.

I can't remember anything else, unfortunately, except for the fact that this aired late at night on Film4 (British film channel).

Any ideas would be greatly of help. I'd really like to see this film again.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1963
RE: Name The Film - 7/3/2014 6:37:35 PM   
rich

Is there a TV version of this thread?

I'm looking for an episode of a comedy show where a guy gets drunk and releases the chicken he had ready for a meal (like a plucked one, maybe a Christmas turkey?). Anyway he releases in to a pond. I have this scene in my brain for some reason.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to acoltismypassport)
Post #: 1964
RE: Name The Film - 7/3/2014 7:06:26 PM   
elab49

There is - it's in Small Screen somewhere, similar title.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1965
RE: Name The Film - 17/3/2014 3:00:30 PM   
Faux_Queue

Can anyone help name the film.

Really flimsy details, but basically it's a children's film from late 80's or 90's. It's main character is a girl detective, and in the film a few kids get kidnapped, escape and then recreate the journey by suspending one travel sick kid in a box from a tree :(

It may also have the quote "don't touch the moustache".

Cheers for the help!

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1966
RE: Name The Film - 13/4/2014 4:40:36 PM   
IamMax

Please help if anyone can with these. Not sure if 1 belongs here, but probably best here than Knowledge Base -
1) In All The President's Men, the lady who is asked by Woodward and Bernstein to get papers from an ex-boyfriend. Does anyone know her character name and/or the
actress? The character is, I'm pretty sure, is not Sally Aiken. I don't have a copy of the movie right now...
2) A woman opens her door and finds a cat (her pet?) 'crucified' on the front. She immediately collapses. A foreign film. Was on a long time ago on Channel 4
but as you can imagine this stayed with me. Any idea of the title?

Thank you - especially with the 1st as that is really bugging me (online scripts are 'pre-rehearsals' only as far as I can find).

(in reply to Faux_Queue)
Post #: 1967
Page:   <<   < prev  62 63 64 65 [66]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  62 63 64 65 [66]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI