Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Name The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Name The Film - 22/10/2013 2:06:47 PM   
domromer

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I thought at first you meant Bad Lieutenant with Harvey Keitel, but I'm not so sure.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103759/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_73

Yeah, my memory is hazy but I'm pretty certain it wasn't Keitel. The actor was younger than he was in that film, and reasonably good-looking. Not to imply anything about Harvey Keitel, but...well.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 1921
RE: Name The Film - 22/10/2013 4:27:33 PM   
Platter

quote:

ORIGINAL: domromer

I feel like I must have seen this film on Channel 4 late at night in the '90s, because it's that kind of film.

It's set in an American city, and the main character is an actor who plays a cop for a film, possibly as a bit part. He steals the police uniform from the set and starts wandering around at night pretending to be a policeman. In once scene he stops a motorist to tell them about their lights being broken or some other minor misdemeanour. In another, he uses the threat of arrest to blackmail a prostitute into performing oral sex on him.

I didn't see the start or end, and to be honest I'm not even sure if was a full-length film, but I'd love to see it again as the concept is pretty intriguing. Anyone got any ideas?

Bang

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109266/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

'A young woman in L.A. is having a bad day: she's evicted, an audition ends with a producer furious she won't trade sex for the part, and a policeman nabs her for something she didn't do, demanding fellatio to release her. She snaps, grabs his gun, takes his uniform, and leaves him cuffed to a tree where he's soon having a defenseless chat with a homeless man. She takes off on the cop's motorcycle and, for an afternoon, experiences a cop's life. She talks a young man out of suicide and then is plunged into violence after a friendly encounter with two "vatos." She is torn between self-protection and others' expectations. Is there any resolution for her torrent of feelings?'

My novel:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/This-Cuckoo-Island-ebook/dp/B00EIP4ZVS/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1377097535&sr=1-4

(in reply to domromer)
Post #: 1922
RE: Name The Film - 24/10/2013 1:29:01 PM   
sarahreese

Add a quest,the main character looks pretty like Robin Shou,he is a kungfu fighter in a virtual world who confronts and is usually defeated by a masked evil guy who is dressed in yellow fit.In the real world he met a girl,trained as pet and leashed with a explosive necklet.He helped the girl to get the freedom.She finally blew off the head of the evil man(in suit and tie)with the necklet.The girl looks like tea leoni.THX.

(in reply to domromer)
Post #: 1923
RE: Name The Film - 2/11/2013 12:34:16 AM   
Thestraightener

Help me with this film!

The scene involves a family either moving house or travelling. They want to check if their lazy dog is still alive so they put a mirror under his nose to check his breath.. And he's still alive lol. But I can't remember what film that's from!

(in reply to domromer)
Post #: 1924
RE: Name The Film - 6/11/2013 9:20:08 AM   
Bananas

Many years ago I saw a film from about the 1940's. It was a ghost film which had a mother and her two children staying in the usual big house. This house had a lake and I seem to remember that the boy was called Miles. Can anybody identify the name of this film?

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1925
RE: Name The Film - 6/11/2013 9:47:41 AM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bananas

Many years ago I saw a film from about the 1940's. It was a ghost film which had a mother and her two children staying in the usual big house. This house had a lake and I seem to remember that the boy was called Miles. Can anybody identify the name of this film?

The Innocents (1961)?

(in reply to Bananas)
Post #: 1926
RE: Name The Film - 6/11/2013 1:40:50 PM   
Bananas

Thank you UTB for your quick reply.
That is indeed the film that I was looking for. I only ever saw it once in the 1970's and now I have the title I will be able to track it down and enjoy it for a second time.
Many thanks again .

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 1927
RE: Name The Film - 6/11/2013 3:29:36 PM   
UTB

No problem

(in reply to Bananas)
Post #: 1928
RE: Name The Film - 6/11/2013 8:21:00 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thestraightener

Help me with this film!

The scene involves a family either moving house or travelling. They want to check if their lazy dog is still alive so they put a mirror under his nose to check his breath.. And he's still alive lol. But I can't remember what film that's from!

Thestraightener, that would be MOVING, from 1988 or so...

Say what now?

(in reply to Thestraightener)
Post #: 1929
RE: Name The Film - 12/11/2013 8:58:07 PM   
DJBazz

OK, bear with me, because it is a long time ago, and I know very little. But when I was young (this was around 1995) I saw a sci-fi movie of which I am trying to find the title for.

The world consists of rubble and cardboard boxes, etc. But a large device sends out a signal over the world, which alters how the human mind sees the world: in their eyes its just as normal as you would know it. (But they do find it very strange that when they hit a wall with their bare hands, a huge hole is created). But at one point they find out the existence and location of the device. When deactivating it, they all see the cardboard boxes, etc.

OK, when reading this myself, I know it is very little. But hopefully someone recognize it!

< Message edited by DJBazz -- 12/11/2013 9:01:55 PM >

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1930
RE: Name The Film - 20/11/2013 2:50:47 PM   
Blipped

Trying to find the name of this film;

American movie, 1980s, set in the US southern states... has been shown on Channel 4 (UK) years ago.

An African-American teenager has recurring dreams that he is riding a motorcycle.

The motorcycle morphs into a sultry woman. So he ends up "riding" the woman. I remember the woman as having an afro hair style.

Anyone know ?

(in reply to DJBazz)
Post #: 1931
RE: Name The Film - 21/11/2013 5:56:21 PM   
Blipped

I found the name of the movie I asked about:

The short film is called "Vrooom Vroom Vrooom" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114879/)

(in reply to Blipped)
Post #: 1932
RE: Name The Film made in English Castle - 22/11/2013 12:53:56 PM   
Hobartian

I partly watched a movie that was shown in a Drive-in theater in Australia in 1974.   It was English and the entire movie was filmed in and around an old castle.  The time period was in the sixteenth or seventh century I believe.

It was a dark comedy with lot's of satire, intrigue and sexual references.   The music was old English.

I remember the film started with people walking through a maze in the grounds of the castle which was made from hedge.   It was a difficult film to follow moving backwards and forwards from one scene to another.

I would like to identify the film so that I can watch it again to make sense of it.

Hoping someone can help.

Post #: 1933
RE: Name The Film - 7/12/2013 8:00:13 PM   
kixev

Hi,

I'm looking for a movie in which a woman flashes her breasts to a man tied to a chair.

Post #: 1934
RE: Name The Film - 8/12/2013 12:59:41 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: kixev

Hi,

I'm looking for a movie in which a woman flashes her breasts to a man tied to a chair.

Aren't we all? Seriously, though, the film could be Boys On The Side and the woman is Drew Barrymore. The film is also known for having more than a dozen uses of the dreaded c-word despite being rated 15 in the UK. Usually, films with that amount of swearing is an 18, straight away, but Boys On The Side was given the lower rating due to it being said in a conversation between two women and not being used as an insult.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to kixev)
Post #: 1935
RE: Name The Film - 8/12/2013 6:31:58 PM   
kixev

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: kixev

Hi,

Aren't we all? Seriously, though, the film could be Boys On The Side and the woman is Drew Barrymore. The film is also known for having more than a dozen uses of the dreaded c-word despite being rated 15 in the UK. Usually, films with that amount of swearing is an 18, straight away, but Boys On The Side was given the lower rating due to it being said in a conversation between two women and not being used as an insult.

That's not the one I'm looking for (though it does look like it's worth watching)
Thanks for your reply.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 1936
RE: Name The Film - 8/12/2013 6:50:17 PM   
sanchia

It isn't Thurday starring Thomas Jane is it? Although she doesn't so much flash her breasts as do many other things to him when he is tied to a chair.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to kixev)
Post #: 1937
RE: Name The Film - 8/12/2013 9:02:15 PM   
kixev

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

It isn't Thurday starring Thomas Jane is it? Although she doesn't so much flash her breasts as do many other things to him when he is tied to a chair.

nope.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1938
RE: Name The Film - 8/12/2013 10:59:02 PM   
Harry Lime

There is a similar scene in The Rookie with Clint Eastwood and Sonia Braga.

Although, again, it's less boob flash and more Braga taking a sudden impact on Clint's heartbreak ridge. A yes, he does paint her wagon.

"People think I have an interesting walk. Hell, I'm just trying to hold my gut in."

If I get there early will it be the right time
our heaven is just waiting so put your hand into mine.

(in reply to kixev)
Post #: 1939
RE: Name The Film - 9/12/2013 7:56:33 AM   
kixev

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Lime

There is a similar scene in The Rookie with Clint Eastwood and Sonia Braga.

Although, again, it's less boob flash and more Braga taking a sudden impact on Clint's heartbreak ridge. A yes, he does paint her wagon.

Not that either.

(in reply to Harry Lime)
Post #: 1940
RE: Identify The Film - 15/12/2013 10:23:51 AM   
Prizm

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandy666

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prizm

I have a couple more. There's a horror movie or show I saw as a kid:

Back in the late 80s or early 90s, I saw this movie or perhaps TV show on cable. Someone sits down on a couch, and these hands come out of the crack in the couch and start pulling the person into the couch itself. The person is screaming and ends up being completely bent forward so that their head is right between their own feet, and they are pulled into the couch. As a kid I could never figure out, a) how someone got into a couch to begin with, b) how on earth there was room enough for TWO people?? and c) how on earth that person got bent over so far :)
The whole thing is something you might see in a Freddy Krueger movie, although it's none of those films. For some reason I tend to associate it with the War of the Worlds TV series, so it might have been one of those episodes and the person in the couch was an alien?

--

Could this be Dr Who's Terror of the Autons?

Thank you for the response, but no that's not it. I'm 90% sure it was a US show/movie. It may have been on the SciFi channel.

< Message edited by Prizm -- 15/12/2013 10:24:49 AM >

(in reply to sandy666)
Post #: 1941
RE: Identify The Film - 18/12/2013 12:46:06 AM   
Bunky

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandy666

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez
http://youtu.be/yr2qpuMlPgY
quote:

I have a couple more. There's a horror movie or show I saw as a kid:

Back in the late 80s or early 90s, I saw this movie or perhaps TV show on cable. Someone sits down on a couch, and these hands come out of the crack in the couch and start pulling the person into the couch itself. The person is screaming and ends up being completely bent forward so that their head is right between their own feet, and they are pulled into the couch. As a kid I could never figure out, a) how someone got into a couch to begin with, b) how on earth there was room enough for TWO people?? and c) how on earth that person got bent over so far :)
The whole thing is something you might see in a Freddy Krueger movie, although it's none of those films. For some reason I tend to associate it with the War of the Worlds TV series, so it might have been one of those episodes and the person in the couch was an alien?

--

Could this be Dr Who's Terror of the Autons?

Thank you for the response, but no that's not it. I'm 90% sure it was a US show/movie. It may have been on the SciFi channel.

There was a British comedy sci-spoof on Channel 4 in the 80's called They Came From Somewhere Else that has a scene with someone being pulled screaming into her sofa by alien hands. Might it have been this? The scene is at 22:47
http://youtu.be/yr2qpuMlPgY

< Message edited by Bunky -- 18/12/2013 1:43:25 AM >

(in reply to Prizm)
Post #: 1942
RE: Name The Film - 18/12/2013 12:56:27 AM   
Bunky

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moviehunter1

Hello, this is my first post on the forum.

I'm looking for a film between 1985 and 1995 (I think). The film seems to be about a guy seducing women (after he's split up from his partner) He has discussions with a psychologist,during the film based around his obsession for women.

Scenes include a woman doing some sort of bellydance for him, another where he picks up a different woman in the supermarket. Other parts of the film are set on a boat (cruise ship ?)

Part of me thinks the guy looked liked John Hurt. The film is not Don Juan De Marco, nothing like it.

Any ideas ???

It's not Bitter Moon by Roman Polanski from 1992 is it? That's about a guy with troubled relationships played by Peter Coyote that is set on a cruise ship. Coyote also starred in a movie called Heartbreakers where he splits up with his long-term girlfriend and ends up having a series of flings. Maybe you're mixing these 2 movies together? ( though to be fair, Coyote doesn't really look like Hurt! )

< Message edited by Bunky -- 18/12/2013 1:41:53 AM >

(in reply to Moviehunter1)
Post #: 1943
RE: Name The Film - 21/12/2013 10:26:24 PM   
rich

BONUS ROUND - what the hell is this, please tell me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdK2mOT3oJA

Meanwhile...
Post #: 1944
RE: Name The Film - 21/12/2013 10:47:11 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

BONUS ROUND - what the hell is this, please tell me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdK2mOT3oJA

Jinzou Ningen Kikaider - Episode 24

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1945
RE: Name The Film - 22/12/2013 1:33:11 AM   
rich

Score!

Meanwhile...

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 1946
RE: Name The Film - 8/1/2014 7:48:07 PM   
lewis994

I cant remember if the film was a handheld camera film or not, but it does come to memory that it IS. I cant remember much of the first part of the film but basically, there are a few friends on a snowy bit of land that get spooked and start running from noises they heard. one of them climbs up a ladder they found leading to a box that had a tongue in it. they later are chased by i believe Russian police into a bunker in which the police lock them. as they start searching around this bunker they are chased by weird creatures. they then find out this bunker was a soviet testing facility for all sorts of experiments the main being of time travel. i cant remember how but they end up in a cave looking thing and they later realize this cave is a time traveling device. when they use it the film cuts forward a little and i cant remember much on how but they end up being hung up in this bunker they were just locked in, however this time we come to realise that they WERE the weird creatures that were chasing them a little while ago, they had gone back in time but had been disfigured by the time machine.
I'm sorry if there isn't enough details there but i think i've done pretty well on remembering all of that :P hope you can help :)

Post #: 1947
RE: Name The Film - 9/1/2014 12:54:28 AM   
deniseA

quote:

ORIGINAL: lewis994

I cant remember if the film was a handheld camera film or not, but it does come to memory that it IS. I cant remember much of the first part of the film but basically, there are a few friends on a snowy bit of land that get spooked and start running from noises they heard. one of them climbs up a ladder they found leading to a box that had a tongue in it. they later are chased by i believe Russian police into a bunker in which the police lock them. as they start searching around this bunker they are chased by weird creatures. they then find out this bunker was a soviet testing facility for all sorts of experiments the main being of time travel. i cant remember how but they end up in a cave looking thing and they later realize this cave is a time traveling device. when they use it the film cuts forward a little and i cant remember much on how but they end up being hung up in this bunker they were just locked in, however this time we come to realise that they WERE the weird creatures that were chasing them a little while ago, they had gone back in time but had been disfigured by the time machine.
I'm sorry if there isn't enough details there but i think i've done pretty well on remembering all of that :P hope you can help :)

Devil's Pass, possibly?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1905040/

(in reply to lewis994)
Post #: 1948
RE: Name The Film - 9/1/2014 11:27:42 AM   
lewis994

Thats the film! thanks ever so much for the fast reply too!!

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 1949
RE: Name The Film - 14/1/2014 2:00:45 PM   
gitsot

Hi, for some time now, around 15 years, I have been trying to recall the name of an obscure film that I watched in the late 80's early 90's; and was wondering whether the members of this site might help where countless hours of halliwell's browsing and imdb searching have failed.
The film, I believe was called something like 'blue hard air', that said I can't be sure, I think the title had three short mono syllabic words, that were aluded to be an expression used by pilots to indicate a space in which they could not fly, the film itself was about a test pilot going into the mesosphere or stratosphere, and whilst there having some strange experience followed by strange after effects. I seem to remember that it was a short film, around 80 mins, due to it being filmed in early high def or high speed stock, though this info hasn't helped thus far.
If you know the title of the film please reply, or if you can point me towards more helpful sites and or forums it would be appreciated, thank you.

< Message edited by gitsot -- 14/1/2014 2:01:04 PM >

(in reply to lewis994)
Post #: 1950
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI