Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Identify The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Identify The Film - 31/7/2013 1:18:12 PM   
From_Hell

I'm trying to remember a film from the late 80's. We rented it at the same time as Full Metal Jacket, so it may have been released on VHS at around the same time as FMJ.

It features a young couple who go on a bank robbery spree. I remember a scene set in a baseball (or possibly it was American football) stadium. At the end of the movie, the woman wakes up in the bathtub, and the whole thing had been a dream. Sorry, not much to go on, but I'd love to know what it was....

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to GTGamer)
Post #: 1891
RE: Identify The Film - 31/7/2013 1:46:00 PM   
deniseA

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

I'm trying to remember a film from the late 80's. We rented it at the same time as Full Metal Jacket, so it may have been released on VHS at around the same time as FMJ.

It features a young couple who go on a bank robbery spree. I remember a scene set in a baseball (or possibly it was American football) stadium. At the end of the movie, the woman wakes up in the bathtub, and the whole thing had been a dream. Sorry, not much to go on, but I'd love to know what it was....

That sounds like 'Wisdom' with Emilio Estevez and Demi Moore...except it's the guy whose doing the dreaming..

< Message edited by deniseA -- 31/7/2013 1:51:50 PM >

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1892
RE: Identify The Film - 31/7/2013 2:00:31 PM   
wanderlei

UPDATE: It's not Something Wild, Red Rock West, U-Turn or Kalifornia.

(in reply to wanderlei)
Post #: 1893
RE: Identify The Film - 31/7/2013 2:11:20 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: deniseA

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

That sounds like 'Wisdom' with Emilio Estevez and Demi Moore...except it's the guy whose doing the dreaming..

Yes! Thank you!

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 1894
RE: Identify The Film - 31/7/2013 2:44:29 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: wanderlei
Hi,
Does anyone know the name of this film: I remember a scene at the end where the woman goes to a bar and tries to seduce a guy to come back to the room with her, they have s*x in the back of the bar but the guy says he has to go to work and the woman gets all p*ssed off and starts hitting him and the guy throws her off and says something like "there are planty of guys here who would love to do you all night", so she walks back to the room alone. Her accomplice (male) is at the room and I think they may be arguing over money or worrying that someone is going to kill them. I can't remember why she was trying to bring the guy back to the room. I'm sure it's a crime/thriller type of film with a feme fatale and set in a small town. It may be a road movie as well.

Cheers.

Is this The Last Seduction?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110308/

(in reply to wanderlei)
Post #: 1895
RE: Identify The Film - 1/8/2013 12:40:52 AM   
sandy666

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Prizm

I have a couple more. There's a horror movie or show I saw as a kid:

Back in the late 80s or early 90s, I saw this movie or perhaps TV show on cable. Someone sits down on a couch, and these hands come out of the crack in the couch and start pulling the person into the couch itself. The person is screaming and ends up being completely bent forward so that their head is right between their own feet, and they are pulled into the couch. As a kid I could never figure out, a) how someone got into a couch to begin with, b) how on earth there was room enough for TWO people?? and c) how on earth that person got bent over so far :)
The whole thing is something you might see in a Freddy Krueger movie, although it's none of those films. For some reason I tend to associate it with the War of the Worlds TV series, so it might have been one of those episodes and the person in the couch was an alien?

--

Could this be Dr Who's Terror of the Autons?

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 1896
RE: Name The Film - 1/8/2013 12:44:17 AM   
sandy666

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeFlamingo

Hi, i really hope someone could help me to get the title of this movie i partly remember.

It`s about the search of a tape of a (politician?) who got murdered.
On the tape is shown that this politician made his teenage coworkers perform sexual acts (touching each other naked etc) and in the end they find that tape hidden between other unrelated tapes or something like that.

8mm with Nick Cage springs to mind.

(in reply to DeFlamingo)
Post #: 1897
RE: Name The Film - 1/8/2013 3:17:35 PM   
wanderlei

quote:

UPDATE: It's not Something Wild, Red Rock West, U-Turn or Kalifornia.

UPDATE: It's not Something Wild, Red Rock West, U-Turn, Kalifornia or Last Seduction.

(in reply to sandy666)
Post #: 1898
RE: Name The Film - 1/8/2013 3:58:46 PM   
wanderlei

quote:

UPDATE: It's not Something Wild, Red Rock West, U-Turn, Kalifornia or Last Seduction.

UPDATE: It's not Something Wild, Red Rock West, U-Turn, Kalifornia or Last Seduction or 2 days in the valley

(in reply to wanderlei)
Post #: 1899
RE: Name The Film - 2/8/2013 7:31:49 PM   
wanderlei

UPDATE: It's not something wild, kalifornia, U-turn, red rock west or 2 days in the valley.

(in reply to wanderlei)
Post #: 1900
RE: Name The Film - 11/8/2013 1:11:44 PM   
Moviehunter1

Hello, this is my first post on the forum.

I'm looking for a film between 1985 and 1995 (I think). The film seems to be about a guy seducing women (after he's split up from his partner) He has discussions with a psychologist,during the film based around his obsession for women.

Scenes include a woman doing some sort of bellydance for him, another where he picks up a different woman in the supermarket. Other parts of the film are set on a boat (cruise ship ?)

Part of me thinks the guy looked liked John Hurt. The film is not Don Juan De Marco, nothing like it.

Any ideas ???

(in reply to wanderlei)
Post #: 1901
RE: Name The Film - 21/8/2013 12:41:08 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Looking for a documentary based on an individual's goal in making a film.What his film was about I cant remember but the documentary followed his life as ,from what I remember (I saw this doc once about 7 years ago),a high-school janitor/cleaner.
It was played on the BBC late at night a few times.

As of yet I've had no luck in finding this film.

(in reply to Moviehunter1)
Post #: 1902
RE: Name The Film - 21/8/2013 1:48:10 PM   
optimus

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Looking for a documentary based on an individual's goal in making a film.What his film was about I cant remember but the documentary followed his life as ,from what I remember (I saw this doc once about 7 years ago),a high-school janitor/cleaner.

American Movie???

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1903
RE: Name The Film - 21/8/2013 1:49:51 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: optimus

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

American Movie???

Bongo!
Nice one

edit:Watching it tonight.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 21/8/2013 6:12:55 PM >

(in reply to optimus)
Post #: 1904
RE: Name The Film - 26/8/2013 2:25:45 PM   
rich

Okay I know this is a long shot but what is the movie in this picture

CLICKY

Probably an east Asian sci-fi or fantasy from the early to mid 90s

< Message edited by rich -- 26/8/2013 2:26:33 PM >

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 1905
RE: Name The Film - 29/8/2013 5:09:19 PM   
remo

I've been trying to identify this film for a long time now. Saw this on UK terrestrial TV, possibly on a Saturday night in the early-mid '80's.

The only things I remember are a man trying to navigate his way through a white maze whilst being monitored from a room above.

There is also a part where he finds himself questioning reality and whether anything is actually real (if memory serves, this was a voice over of his thoughts).

Whether this was a US or UK film, made in the '80's or 70's - I can't remember.

If anyone on here can identify this film/program, it'd be much appreciated...

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1906
RE: Name The Film - 6/9/2013 10:16:10 AM   
xzynomorpher

quote:

I've been trying to identify this film for a long time now. Saw this on UK terrestrial TV, possibly on a Saturday night in the early-mid '80's.

The only things I remember are a man trying to navigate his way through a white maze whilst being monitored from a room above.

There is also a part where he finds himself questioning reality and whether anything is actually real (if memory serves, this was a voice over of his thoughts).

I certainly haven't seen it, but could it be THX-1138?
Post #: 1907
RE: Name The Film 90s comedy - 8/9/2013 3:28:27 PM   
toddy351

This movie is driving me crazy

probably 80s or 90s. Here are a couple scenes.

Bad guy peeks under door and woman sticks fork under and it goes in his nose. Prong marks on nose

couple can't pay dinner tab so enter dance contest and lose and have to wash dishes

fight scene on tops of cars

some of it may be in black and white

movie was ridiculous but very funny

(in reply to xzynomorpher)
Post #: 1908
RE: Name The Film 90s comedy - 9/9/2013 7:02:55 AM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: toddy351

This movie is driving me crazy

probably 80s or 90s. Here are a couple scenes.

Bad guy peeks under door and woman sticks fork under and it goes in his nose. Prong marks on nose

couple can't pay dinner tab so enter dance contest and lose and have to wash dishes

fight scene on tops of cars

some of it may be in black and white

movie was ridiculous but very funny

It sounds a lot like Crimewave, directed by Sam Raimi and written by the Coen brothers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088967/

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to toddy351)
Post #: 1909
RE: Name The Film 90s comedy - 13/9/2013 2:15:13 PM   
Solokiller

I'm looking for 2 movies i saw on tv when i was a kid. Both are, as far as i can remember, B movies, so they're not that easy to find. Both are at least 10 years old.

The first movie takes place in a sort of post-apocalyptic environment; there's a kind of savage people that live in this environment, and you have civilized people that live in a city under a glass dome. This group finds somebody they knew in a group of savages, and bring her back with them.
I don't know that much else about it, just that they had a vehicle of some kind and that they have a sort of prison cell that can disappear into the wall.

The second movie is present-day, and takes place in a sort of military complex built into a mountain. A group of people find themselves inside, and are stalked by a cyborg. The creator of this cyborg is kept in stasis, and at the end of the movie the group has to destroy the complex to stop the cyborg and to escape, which also causes the creator to die. After they do this they escape through a small tunnel that leads outside.

I've been looking for these movies for about 15 years, so if somebody could help me, that would be real nice :)

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 1910
RE: Name The Film - 18/9/2013 8:44:02 PM   
remo

quote:

ORIGINAL: xzynomorpher

quote:

I certainly haven't seen it, but could it be THX-1138?

YES! Very much appreciated.. thanks!

Slightly different to how I remember it (having just watched it); great film.

(in reply to xzynomorpher)
Post #: 1911
RE: Name The Film - 19/9/2013 6:15:52 PM   
Overmind

A Movie I saw on TV as a kid in the early 80's. It wasn't a kids Movie, but there was a scene that stuck, that I by some reason never forgot.

I am very sure that it is a British Movie, maybe a TV Production.
A guy think he is Satan the devil himself, and maybe he realy is.
He walks into a local bingohall full of old ladies. He buys enough sheets to cover his table.
With a stamp in each hand he can hit the right numbers without looking at them.
With a Cold face he says With a deep calm voice "bingo" winning everything.
Leaving the bingohall With his arms full of cheap nick nack, he throws his winnings over the fence rounding the corner.

So any ideas ? :)

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to remo)
Post #: 1912
RE: Name The Film - 19/9/2013 8:43:37 PM   
deniseA

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overmind

A Movie I saw on TV as a kid in the early 80's. It wasn't a kids Movie, but there was a scene that stuck, that I by some reason never forgot.

He walks into a local bingohall full of old ladies. He buys enough sheets to cover his table.
Leaving the bingohall With his arms full of cheap nick nack, he throws his winnings over the fence rounding the corner.

Highway 61 ?

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/1581/highway-61/

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 1913
RE: Name The Film - 19/9/2013 11:39:58 PM   
sandy666

The first movie takes place in a sort of post-apocalyptic environment; there's a kind of savage people that live in this environment,

It sounds like Logan's Run the TV series that was shown in some TV regions in the UK in the 70's. Alternatively a Boy and his Dog, but I don't think there was a vehicle in that one.

The second one could be Saturn 3.

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 1914
RE: Name The Film - 20/9/2013 4:32:50 PM   
Overmind

quote:

quote:

Highway 61 ?

Nope... dont think so. Early 80's remember.. HW 61 is 1991. But it might be a remake. Ill watch it. Thanx for the tip :)

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 1915
RE: Name The Film - 22/9/2013 11:07:47 AM   
Leandrusi

Hello, maybe someone can name this movie ive seen (only once) ages ago.

It was old, in BLACK AND WHITE and it featured a sexy brunette and his male partner in an prehistoric or tribal ambient. The girl gets lost (?) or maybe kidnapped by some bad guys with masks (tha masks have prominent teeth) leaded by some chaman (also masked I think) and his partner goes out to find her.
In a scene the girl is left abandoned tied to a tree, then an unknown man appears behind her waving his weapon, the girl closes his eyes thinking hes gonna hurt her but instead the man releases the ropes and leaves.
I think there were no dialogues in the entire movie, and the girl was the only female on the film.
It is not any of Hammer cavemen movies (One Million Years B.C.,Creatures the World Forgot, etc)

Rings any bell? thanks in advance!

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 1916
RE: Name The Film - 23/9/2013 2:46:12 AM   
johnakisk

Hello guys! It's been 3-4 years now that this film was haunting me... and I don't even remember if it was a film at all!
I just remember it being long enough and I also remember some scenes

1. An electrician walks his dog and the dog gets hit by carriage, later that day he pushes a screwdriver up a socket and dies. Lives the same day again.
2. 2 scientits walk outside a college moving really fast(time acceleration) from a potion the just took. one of them writes something down, picks up a baseball and shoots it causing it to burst in flames.
3. The same two guys find a scientist later, he tells them that they were wrong to take that potion and that he got trapped in fast forward for the rest of his life
4. a guy who is fat needs a potion to get thinner, instead gets a potion that make him lighter so he becomes a baloon.
5. A couple fights over a golden something and after some time the golden something consumes them leading them into a world with seperate rooms which look like eggs. Other people trapped in there too next to them as camera unzooms.

I know im not a member and i'll leave after this but i'm not really a movie fan. i just DESPERATELY NEED help :P

(in reply to Leandrusi)
Post #: 1917
RE: Name The Film - 30/9/2013 6:54:41 PM   
Overmind

quote:

quote:

quote:

Highway 61 ?

Nope... dont think so. Early 80's remember.. HW 61 is 1991. But it might be a remake. Ill watch it. Thanx for the tip :)

I saw HW61 now. And how that was an amazing Movie. the Perfect combo of ... that ..And ...that. . Cant name it. Definately in the top Three of roadmovies.
But.. It was not the movie I saw as a kid. It has to be a remake from something British. 80'sh. anny help..?

(in reply to Overmind)
Post #: 1918
RE: Name The Film - 22/10/2013 12:02:38 PM   
domromer

I feel like I must have seen this film on Channel 4 late at night in the '90s, because it's that kind of film.

It's set in an American city, and the main character is an actor who plays a cop for a film, possibly as a bit part. He steals the police uniform from the set and starts wandering around at night pretending to be a policeman. In once scene he stops a motorist to tell them about their lights being broken or some other minor misdemeanour. In another, he uses the threat of arrest to blackmail a prostitute into performing oral sex on him.

I didn't see the start or end, and to be honest I'm not even sure if was a full-length film, but I'd love to see it again as the concept is pretty intriguing. Anyone got any ideas?

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1919
RE: Name The Film - 22/10/2013 1:00:20 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: domromer

I feel like I must have seen this film on Channel 4 late at night in the '90s, because it's that kind of film.

It's set in an American city, and the main character is an actor who plays a cop for a film, possibly as a bit part. He steals the police uniform from the set and starts wandering around at night pretending to be a policeman. In once scene he stops a motorist to tell them about their lights being broken or some other minor misdemeanour. In another, he uses the threat of arrest to blackmail a prostitute into performing oral sex on him.

I didn't see the start or end, and to be honest I'm not even sure if was a full-length film, but I'd love to see it again as the concept is pretty intriguing. Anyone got any ideas?

I thought at first you meant Bad Lieutenant with Harvey Keitel, but I'm not so sure.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103759/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_73

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to domromer)
Post #: 1920
Page:   <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  62 63 [64] 65 66   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI