Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Name The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Name The Film - 12/8/2012 7:08:57 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: droflum

quote:

ORIGINAL: droflum

Ok, this one is a little stange as I know absolutely nothing about this film! I was watching a film with my son on Movies 24 and there was an advert about heroes and villains weekends in August. Within the advert was a shot of a man dressed in red and gold with a white face. My son wants to watch this (and keps reminding us about it) but we couldn't work out the film. I think he looked a bit 'evil wizard' like, my husband thinks he is an alien. There were lots of other shots of films in the advert including 'In the name of the king' and 'Flood' (which I could work out) there were also some predator looking beings.

Sorry, can't find ad to post a link - will try to capture a photo

Here is a link to a picture. Maybe is a bit more alien like!   http://www.flickr.com/photos/84410772@N05/7731944236/

Thanks

That is Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to droflum)
Post #: 1801
RE: Name The Film - 14/8/2012 7:32:49 AM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

This was something I saw on C4 many years ago I'm fairly sure  it was a film but could have been a TV series. It was sru I think in Blackpool There's 2 secnes I remember. One is of a guy who is speaking to a girl on the beach as she strips off to go skinny dipping and is trying to persuade him to join her. The other has another girl who is a trainer or somesuch in a Dolphinarium who is putting on a show involving a Dolphin removing her top as she stands at the top of a ladder. I saw it when I was maybe about 15 or so and these bit have always stuck in my mind.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095183/

It was called the Fruit Machine - the only reason I remember was that the woman who went topless was Paula Ann Bland who was in Grange Hill. It left quite a memory (or is that mammary) on me!

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 1802
RE: Name The Film - 14/8/2012 7:58:45 AM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

It was called the Fruit Machine - the only reason I remember was that the woman who went topless was Paula Ann Bland who was in Grange Hill. It left quite a memory (or is that mammary) on me!

Thanks. I'll have to try and track it down.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 1803
RE: Name The Film - 18/8/2012 6:58:36 PM   
The Waco Kid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

Thanks. I'll have to try and track it down.

Didn't she also get her norks out in i married a vampire motorcycle? played a nurse if i remember rightly, Hubba Hubba.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 1804
RE: Name The Film - 27/8/2012 4:30:02 PM   
Magenta

Does anyone know what the film is at the end of the new autumn film 4 advert.
It's night time and this guy simply says "this is it" it's kind of familiar and yet not.. it's driving me bononkers !

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to The Waco Kid)
Post #: 1805
RE: Name The Film - 28/8/2012 7:18:54 AM   
Magenta

I found it meself
It's Monsters and it's on film4 wednesday 29th aug at 9 pm..
I hear good things so looking forward to that..

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 1806
RE: Name The Film - 18/9/2012 9:11:14 AM   
chrisstar

Is it from Star Trek?

(in reply to droflum)
Post #: 1807
RE: Name The Film - 19/9/2012 2:23:24 PM   
danielburnett36

Hi,

So here's one that's been bugging me for years, Googled this to death and I've never found anything, I'm starting to think I've imagined the whole thing. Here it goes;

I saw this when I was about 9 and my memory of it is a bit vague, so forgive me.

There's a kid and he goes to sleep (maybe), then somehow he's turned into a man (I have a weird memory of it happening as he's rolling downhill in dustbin, but I may have just made that up, so ignore that bit...possibly). Then he's in some weird fantasy world and there a hot woman who comes down in a spaceship which is powered by a pool of liquid gold in the ship (maybe).

There's a bloke on a horse with a sword and at some point he stabs the spaceship woman who then (I think) drinks some of the liquid gold to heal herself and then takes off in her space ship...

That's all I remember.

HALP!

(in reply to chrisstar)
Post #: 1808
RE: Name The Film - 19/9/2012 2:26:04 PM   
chrisstar

Is it with Forest Gump?

(in reply to danielburnett36)
Post #: 1809
RE: Name The Film - 22/9/2012 10:45:10 AM   
cappsie

Howdy,

I have three today:

First one:
I am attempting to locate an old sci fi film but my memory is a little dull. The only thing I can recall is that the space ship in the film is a kind of tri shape and that a kid gets mixed up with a loose cannon type pilot. The pilot gets injured and uses some weird medical device to heal the wound in his chest. Later when the pilot is seemingly dead, the kid uses the same medical device in an attempt to revive the pilot, but leaves thinking he's dead. The pilot survives and I think, thanks the kid. It's a happen ending. I think the kid had a pet too, perhaps a dog?

Second one:
There was an old WW2 film but the only part I can remember was at the end of the film where two German officers were sitting on a rock. What I vaguely recall was that the two British officers had just completed a secret mission and were hiding under this rock, looking out to sea (I think). At this point, the German offices sat on the rock above them and one swings his boots over the overhang of the rock. As his boots swing back, they hit one of the British officers in the head. At this point the Brit realises he now cannot move, as doing so would raise the alarm to the German officer that the 'rock' had then moved and the mission would fail. The officers, I suppose on their smoke break, stay talking for perhaps a few minutes, before flicking the cigarette into the darkness and leaving, at which point the British office collapses under the rock, but the Germans are none the wise, and the mission is a success.

Third one:
This movie was set in the US and stars a young many vying for a lady's affection. She is many years older than him, but he is in love with her. At one point he is seen to tattoo her name or initials on to his hand using a biro pen's ink. He also gets shot at one point and uses a garden hose to wash the blood off. I cannot remember much else about this film, but any pointers would really be appreciated

If anyone can shed any light, it would be highly appreciated :D

Thanks
Adam

(in reply to chrisstar)
Post #: 1810
RE: Name The Film - 26/9/2012 7:53:49 AM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: cappsie

Third one:
This movie was set in the US and stars a young many vying for a lady's affection. She is many years older than him, but he is in love with her. At one point he is seen to tattoo her name or initials on to his hand using a biro pen's ink. He also gets shot at one point and uses a garden hose to wash the blood off. I cannot remember much else about this film, but any pointers would really be appreciated

This is a long shot as I can't remember all that much about the film, but could it be Birth?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0337876/

(in reply to cappsie)
Post #: 1811
RE: Name The Film - 26/9/2012 8:58:58 AM   
cappsie

I don't believe it was Birth as that film is too new... :(

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 1812
RE: Name The Film - 30/9/2012 9:15:10 PM   
glaive

European (though could also be South American), heist film, whose two major protagonists are a pair of old safe-crackers, whose last bank job robbed one of them of his sight and the other the use of his legs due to a massive explosion.

After getting out of prison they decide to embark on one final heist; this time against their former employers...but WHAT can you do when a blind guy is pushing the paraplegic in a wheelchair? The ULTIMATE symbiotic comedy.

...this has been bugging me for DECADES!!

(I THINK it's Italian.)

...also, please tell me I didn't dream this, just to give one of you fucks a scriptwriting break...

< Message edited by glaive -- 30/9/2012 9:16:52 PM >

(in reply to cappsie)
Post #: 1813
RE: Name The Film - 9/10/2012 7:01:11 AM   
The Rowen

It was an American or Canadian film, and I saw it on a video in the late 90s... It was not that old at the time.
A bunch of women regularly met in a holiday house, to discuss life, the universe and friendship. They possibly met every year, in a reunion. They brought along at least one adult daughter, and her up-bringing was part of he conversation the women had.
One woman was an ex-nun. At the end, after several such reunions, she dies of cancer, and those left must determine how they will go on in life without her.
I liked it back then, and would love to see it again.
Anyone out there remember?

(in reply to glaive)
Post #: 1814
RE: Name The Film - 21/10/2012 1:09:14 AM   
the Sheriff

quote:

ORIGINAL: glaive

European (though could also be South American), heist film, whose two major protagonists are a pair of old safe-crackers, whose last bank job robbed one of them of his sight and the other the use of his legs due to a massive explosion.

After getting out of prison they decide to embark on one final heist; this time against their former employers...but WHAT can you do when a blind guy is pushing the paraplegic in a wheelchair? The ULTIMATE symbiotic comedy.

...this has been bugging me for DECADES!!

(I THINK it's Italian.)

...also, please tell me I didn't dream this, just to give one of you fucks a scriptwriting break...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069773/

Beg, Borrow, or Steal (1973) TV Movie

Three disabled men--one blind, one with no legs and one with no hands--get together to pull off a museum robbery.

is this the film you seek?

(in reply to glaive)
Post #: 1815
RE: Name The Film - 21/10/2012 1:44:50 AM   
vad3r

I remember watching a film as a kid about a teen who played a Dungeons & Dragons type game and devised a plan to murder his parents for inheritance.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to the Sheriff)
Post #: 1816
RE: Identify The Film - 22/10/2012 7:49:03 AM   
inside man

fattaxi- the film is called harry he is here to help

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 1817
RE: Name The Film - 24/10/2012 2:31:20 PM   
Professor Catarino

Hi people

Me and my friends we are looking for a movie that we seen together but no one remembers the story, actors, director ... some of us only rembember specific things of the movie like:

. It was a low-budget movie.
. The dvd cover had a house on a hill with corn fields.
. One of the character puts his hand in his pocket and takes a cookie.
. It's an horror movie but funny.
. One of the charecters says "Run Rabbit, Run Rabbit, Run, Run, Run..." (no, the movie isn't the house of 1000 corpses).
. One of the characters falls and hits with the head on a rock and the head explodes.
. We think that the charactes are rednecks, farmers...
. We think that it was a familiar production.

If you could help us find this movie, it would be great.

Thanks
Professor Catarino and friends.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1818
RE: Name The Film - URGENT - 24/10/2012 2:50:46 PM   
Professor Catarino

Hi people

Me and my friends we are looking for a movie that we seen together but no one remembers the story, actors, director ... some of us only rembember specific things of the movie like:

. It was a low-budget movie.
. The dvd cover had a house on a hill with corn fields.
. One of the character puts his hand in his pocket and takes a cookie.
. It's an horror movie but funny.
. One of the charecters says "Run Rabbit, Run Rabbit, Run, Run, Run..." (no, the movie isn't the house of 1000 corpses).
. One of the characters falls and hits with the head on a rock and the head explodes.
. We think that the charactes are rednecks, farmers...
. We think that it was a familiar production.

We searched everywhere for this movie...
And the dvd disappeared from my home...
If you could help us find this movie, it would be great.

Thanks
Professor Catarino and friends.

Post #: 1819
RE: Name The Film - 25/10/2012 7:41:28 PM   
Popcorn Required

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Rowen

It was an American or Canadian film, and I saw it on a video in the late 90s... It was not that old at the time.
A bunch of women regularly met in a holiday house, to discuss life, the universe and friendship. They possibly met every year, in a reunion. They brought along at least one adult daughter, and her up-bringing was part of he conversation the women had.
One woman was an ex-nun. At the end, after several such reunions, she dies of cancer, and those left must determine how they will go on in life without her.
I liked it back then, and would love to see it again.
Anyone out there remember?

Could be the Winona Ryder film How To Make An American Quilt

(in reply to The Rowen)
Post #: 1820
RE: Name The Film - 29/10/2012 6:06:18 AM   
Antonius Block

Hi I am looking for a film I did not even see. Found the film described in a book some years ago, the description still lingers in my mind. The book is published 1966, ergo, the film is a bit older.

The excerpt from the book: "Several years ago I saw a movie about a woman who was married to a man of some importance. They had a nice home in an elegant neighborhood, two cars, and a large bank account. Their marriage was apparently without friction or turmoil. In the opening scene, the woman was dozing. Her face revealed a vacant weariness bordering on fear, and saliva was dribbling from the corner of her mouth. Suddenly she cried out, and her body shook as though she was struggling with something. Her husband rushed into the room and grabbed her shoulders. She opened her eyes and looked disoriented, but quickly regained her demeanor and smiled cheerfully. The lines of weariness and fear vanished from her face, and she began to chirp gaily like a little bird, "Did you just get home, honey? I must have nodded off. How silly of me. Let me make you a fresh cup of coffee."
Her husband looked at her and asked, "Are you sure you are alright?"
She laughed and said, "Yes, I'm fine. Really, I'm fine."
Then he tells her he has just been summoned to Washington on urgent business and must catch the next plane. He says, "After you've finished making the coffee, can you give me a hand packing?"
She prepares the coffee while he rummages through his closet. The music we have been hearing since the beginning of the film ends. The wife goes to the phonograph and puts on another record. The music is loud with a hard beat. Her husband apparently does not like it, because he comes in, turns it off, and returns to his packing. The woman cannot tolerate the silence. She turns the music back on. Irritated, he comes and turns it off again. She turns it on. They go on like this, mindlessly, for several minutes.
After her husband has departed for the airport, the woman sits at home alone. After several albums, she grows weary of listening to music. She picks up a book to read but puts it down after reading only a few lines. She runs to the phone. The first friend she calls is not at ohme. The second friend she calls is too busy to talk. She can't find anyone to invite over for a cup of coffee and a conversation. She hangs up the phone and slumps into a chair, and remains in he same state of ennui until late afternoon.
At six o'clock, the newspaper boy knocks at the door. Her face brightens. Perhaps a friend has come. But it is only the newspaper boy. He hands her the paper. She invites him in but he declines, saying he has still many papers to deliver. Then he looks at her and says, "You ought to check out the corner bar." She feels insulted by his suggestion and quips, "I hardly need that."
After the boy leaves, she feels even lonelier. She thinks about her husband and runs to the phone, dials the operator and says, " I'd like to place a person-to-person call to my husband in Washington, D.C."
The woman hears her husbands voice on the other end of the receiver and asks, "Did you have a good flight?" "Yes, it was fine," he answers. She cannot think of anything else to say or ask. The phone links two people in distant places. It is almost like having her husband in the same room. But they have nothing to say to each other. Can it be they know everything there is to know about each other after fifteen years of marriage? The woman's mind is blank, so she resorts to asking about the weather. "Is it raining in Washington?"
He answers, "No, the weather is good - clear and warm. I just finished my first meeting." He detects something unusual in his wife's voice and asks, "Are you all right, dear?" It is the second time that day he's asked her that question.
She says, "Yes, I'm fine."
Later, unable to bear the loneliness any longer, she puts on a dress and walks down to the corner bar. It is past midnight and the bar is empty. She orders a shot of whiskey and looks around. A couple enters the bar. The wife goes to the ladies' room and the man sits down near the woman and orders a glass of wine. They share a few words. The woman is clearly lonely and the man obviously finds her attractive. Who knows, perhaps this man, accompanied by his wife, feels lonely, too. They talk some more and laugh. When the wife returns, she makes it clear by her expression that she does not like her husband speaking to another woman. The atmosphere in the bar grows heavy.
Later that night, the woman is plagued by nightmares. In the dim light of her bedroom, we see the same expression of distress and alienation that we saw on her face earlier. She is alone, trapped in a nightmare. Suddenly we hear a key turning in the front door. Her husband has returned from Washington. Entering the bedroom, he sees his wife's distress and rushes to the bed to wake her. She sits up, dazed and confused. Terror is etched on her face. Her husband says, "You didn't sound like yourself on the phone this evening, so I came back as soon as I finished my last meeting. You must be having a nightmare, Are you all right?"
That is the third time he asks the same question. The woman does not answer at once. She can no longer ignore the question simply saying, "I'm fine." She is not fine. But what is the problem? She doesn't have a physical illness. She doesn't lack material needs. Her home has every comfort, every kind of appliance to make her housework easier. She has phone in case of emergency. If a burglar breaks in she can call the police. She is not weak or powerless. She does not need a man's protection from wild beasts or the marauders of an earlier age. Her house is well furnished, she enjoys good health and her income is more than adequate. Her husband has a good job and is well respected. But everything is not all right. She looks at her husband and admits, "Something is wrong. I'm not fine.""

(in reply to Popcorn Required)
Post #: 1821
RE: Name The Film - 1/11/2012 4:12:41 PM   
Discodez

I was talking about car alarms with someone a while ago (I know it's party time all the time round my house) and my fellow conversee and I both remember a film (set in the future) where there is a spoof ad for a car alarm system that fries any thief trying to nick your car to a crispy mess that is then easily discarded.

Now I thought it was in Robocop, but then when I saw that again recently I don't remember that ad being in the film along with all the other spoof ads.

So was it in Robocop 2? or was it another film?

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1822
RE: Name The Film - 1/11/2012 5:03:03 PM   
Vitamin F

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

I was talking about car alarms with someone a while ago (I know it's party time all the time round my house) and my fellow conversee and I both remember a film (set in the future) where there is a spoof ad for a car alarm system that fries any thief trying to nick your car to a crispy mess that is then easily discarded.

Now I thought it was in Robocop, but then when I saw that again recently I don't remember that ad being in the film along with all the other spoof ads.

So was it in Robocop 2? or was it another film?

Yes, that one.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 1823
RE: Name The Film - 10/11/2012 6:34:29 PM   
DUKE046

I am trying to find out the name of a film I remember watching late at night on the BBC during the eighties. It might have been an American TV movie but I'm not really sure. I can remember that someone was drowning in a river/lake as the opening credits rolled (but it wasn't Don't Look Now!)
It was a murder mystery movie along the lines of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew and I'm pretty certain that it had a bloke's name in the title, something like The Life and Murder of Peter Parker etc.
I had an inkling that Peter Coyote might have starred in it but after looking through his film credits on Wikipedia/IMDB he clearly wasn't. Maybe it was a similar American actor? Anyway, I know this all sounds a bit vague but it's all I remember!

Post #: 1824
RE: Name The Film - 12/11/2012 9:41:30 AM   
DUKE046

The Reincarnation Of Peter Proud!

(in reply to DUKE046)
Post #: 1825
RE: Name The Film - 21/11/2012 1:07:06 AM   
lanner

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me work out what this film is. I only have a very brief clip,an image really,to go on.

It's a French film,and it was used in a Cinemoi trailer. There's a scene with dozens of police officers in uniform and kepis,gathered beneath the Eiffel tower,.

That's all I can give as a clue I'm afraid.

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 1826
RE: Name The Film - 21/11/2012 1:45:36 PM   
CaptainCornwall

I hope i have posted this in the right place as my last message was wrong!!
Years ago late at night i woke up after falling asleep on the sofa and there was a film on it started to draw me in. It had familiar faces of the time people from films like saving pvt Ryan and Band of brothers(i think) the film is set During WWII in a forest not sure which one i only got the middle section of it hence why i want to watch it all. This group of GI'S have been task with holding an out post in the woods, there is not a lot of action in the bits i saw. they have to dig in and around the cottage and one monring in the early hours one of the Solders see a German but the way it is shot suggest his not really there, all the GI's are really tired. and the next night the same thing happens. Its cleverly filmed these solders are so tired are they imaging it or are these ghosts....... Sadly i had a young family and had to get up early so about 2am i had to turn it of i never remembered the name and have been on and of trying to find out what it is called over the last 8 years!!!! Cany any one help. It looked good, but could of been a straight to TV film like Saints and Solders it looked like it was made around 1998-2001/2 period.

HELP PLEASE ANY ONE !!!

Post #: 1827
RE: Name The Film - 23/11/2012 10:13:18 PM   
Mister Coe

OK, this is a film that I saw as a very young boy in the late 70's or the early 80's... it featured a man picking up a pretty young hitchhiker. At somepoint, it came up that there was a killer on the loose and the main thrust of the plot was that we were supposed to believe that the driver was the killer but it turned out that the pretty hitchhiker was an escaped lunatic who had killed before.

It made an impression on me back in the day, but I've never seen it again, no idea what it was called, any one got any ideas?

Say what now?

(in reply to CaptainCornwall)
Post #: 1828
RE: Name The Film - 23/11/2012 10:18:34 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

OK, this is a film that I saw as a very young boy in the late 70's or the early 80's... it featured a man picking up a pretty young hitchhiker. At somepoint, it came up that there was a killer on the loose and the main thrust of the plot was that we were supposed to believe that the driver was the killer but it turned out that the pretty hitchhiker was an escaped lunatic who had killed before.

It made an impression on me back in the day, but I've never seen it again, no idea what it was called, any one got any ideas?

Deadly Strangers? With Hayley Mills as the hitch-hiker?

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 1829
RE: Name The Film - 24/11/2012 12:25:12 AM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Deadly Strangers? With Hayley Mills as the hitch-hiker?

You are a genius! Just googled it and that's the right answer! That's been bothering me for years!

Say what now?

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1830
Page:   <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI