Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Identify The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Identify The Film - 2/6/2012 11:39:55 PM   
JimDavis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgkQpPKxkoM

Ha, this is it, The believers..very weird indeed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgkQpPKxkoM

(in reply to red till i am dead)
Post #: 1771
RE: Name The Film - 2/6/2012 11:55:26 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: haffajlak

hi,
I'm looking for the name of a film from the balkans that I watched few years ago.
It takes place in a subway station and it's about a criminal who kills persons by throwing them in the railway.
one of them is a women wearing a red dress.
thanks for your help!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373981/combined

Sounds like the brilliant Kontroll. Weep for what Hollywood's done to the director.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to haffajlak)
Post #: 1772
RE: Name The Film - 6/6/2012 2:17:52 AM   
ellingsen

Just wondering if u know what film I'm on about. It's French language (but could be Canadian French as well). Saw it years ago. Husband has affair with young brunette, then near end, kills her, hides her behind wall that is being redecorated. The wall is plastered up. Then I think he panics, goes back to get the body, makes hole in wall , body not there. It came out in the 80's I'd say. Thanks.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 1773
RE: Name The Film - 9/6/2012 10:42:20 AM   
hubu_phonk

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: haffajlak

hi,
I'm looking for the name of a film from the balkans that I watched few years ago.
It takes place in a subway station and it's about a criminal who kills persons by throwing them in the railway.
one of them is a women wearing a red dress.
thanks for your help!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373981/combined

Sounds like the brilliant Kontroll. Weep for what Hollywood's done to the director.

OK, i need a bit of help too. It's an Australian film ( set there as well!). all i remember is that it's set in the 30's/40's. A young boy has a friend who is a fully grown man. This man is sort of the village idiot and does suffer from mental health issues. This guy has a race with someone near the end ( i feel most of the film is about getting him ready for it). anyway he loses. I remember that his friend ( the young boy) tries to console him, but the older guy turns very nasty and maybe boarders on violence, bringing the issue of mental illness up again. Can anyone help ?

Also i asked ages ago about a film that contained a small group of females asked to infiltrate behind enemy lines ( possibly nam) . they have a special device up there vaginas, that when penetrated severs the mans penis, killing them. Anyone have a clue?

Straight in, no kissing

http://www.last.fm/user/hubuphonk

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1774
RE: Name The Film - 12/6/2012 10:02:06 PM   
Larry of Arabia

This one popped into my head today so I'm not entirely sure if it was a film or TV show, but all I remember is a group of people hiding from some pursuers. One of the group starts shooshing another because she believes the other is carrying an animal under a blanket that is making noise. The woman holding the animal smothers it because she feels so bad about the noise as the other is giving her the proper evil eye about it. She then uncovers the blanket when the pursuers move on, revealing a baby and the evil eye woman is like "oh shit". That's the only part I remember - possibly a war film, maybe even Schindler's List? No idea.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 1775
RE: Name The Film - 13/6/2012 10:34:25 AM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

This one popped into my head today so I'm not entirely sure if it was a film or TV show, but all I remember is a group of people hiding from some pursuers. One of the group starts shooshing another because she believes the other is carrying an animal under a blanket that is making noise. The woman holding the animal smothers it because she feels so bad about the noise as the other is giving her the proper evil eye about it. She then uncovers the blanket when the pursuers move on, revealing a baby and the evil eye woman is like "oh shit". That's the only part I remember - possibly a war film, maybe even Schindler's List? No idea.

Don't know about a movie, but that's almost exactly what happens in the series finale of M*A*S*H.

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 1776
RE: Name The Film - 13/6/2012 12:45:18 PM   
st3veebee

quote:

ORIGINAL: hubu_phonk

Also i asked ages ago about a film that contained a small group of females asked to infiltrate behind enemy lines ( possibly nam) . they have a special device up there vaginas, that when penetrated severs the mans penis, killing them. Anyone have a clue?

I think it was this : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804452/

Latest Films:

Two days in New York: 4/5

Prometheus: 3.5/5

Abe Lincoln: VH 3/5

Twin Peaks: FWWM 3.5/5

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 1777
RE: Name The Film - 13/6/2012 2:38:22 PM   
Larry of Arabia

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry of Arabia

Don't know about a movie, but that's almost exactly what happens in the series finale of M*A*S*H.

Reading the wiki, you are spot, thank you! Can't believe I misremembered Hawkeye as a lady.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 1778
RE: Name The Film - 16/6/2012 7:40:27 PM   
droflum

I posted this a long tie ago and am hoping that maybe with new people on the site you might be able to help me...

I remember a film vaguely from my childhood but dont remember much about it at all. It doesn't seem to have been popular and cant find anything on DVD selling websites or imdb.

It was about a group of children, probably aged 10-13 or so. I believe it was something to do with a witches house (she may not have been a real with just a creepy lady - could have even been a man! I really can't remember)  I thnk there was a swamp or something and can remember the children standing at the gate to the house daring each other to go in (I think it might have been to take something but may have that confused with another film).  I think one of the main characters (a quirky lad, kind of the leader) was called 'Spit' or something like that but I have done character searches with imdb and found nothing.

The film would have been watched early to mid 90s and probably just rented from a video rental shop which at that time they didn't just have popular films but probably made around the 80s.

Thanks

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1779
RE: Name The Film - 11/7/2012 7:43:03 PM   
elab49

This is going to be pretty vague.

This is a film that was on at the Glasgow Film Theatre in the last couple of years. I'm sure it was part of a mini festival - I thought Polish but can't track it down. They also do Italian and French mini festivals among others.

All I really remember is a flooded basement - a massive thing - and possibly a child/kid floating about exploring, maybe while visiting an aunt. For some reason I used to get this film/title confused with Tiny Furniture, although the films are nothing alike. I think the title just reminded me of something I'd read about it. So probably out sometime around the same time.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to droflum)
Post #: 1780
RE: Name The Film - 16/7/2012 12:45:09 PM   
OneBluesBrother

This was a film that was constantly on Sky Movies roughly 10 years ago.

Basically, it involved these two teenagers, a boy and a girl, in Egypt. The boy's father (at least I think it was his, it could have been hers), was being held hostage by a man who wanted something from within the tombs in the pyramids. The kids come across a map and decide to hunt down the artifact, or whatever it was, themselves.

There's two scenes I remember most: 1) The kids are sitting on steps, which I think are meant to be the building blocks of the pyramids. They're drinking Coke and then they notice the bad guys coming along and suddenly run off. (Stupid scene to remember, but for some reason I do.)
2) There's a torture scene involving scorpions. The bad guy holds scorpions over people to gain information.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1781
RE: Identify The Film - 17/7/2012 1:49:07 AM   
23mike95

Thank you! I will let you know if it is, when I see it.

Michael S. Yelland, filmmaker and musician... of the ameutuer lifestyle.

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 1782
RE: Identify The Film - 18/7/2012 12:03:32 AM   
BadJoke

It was a film I remember watchiing when I was like 5, Im 15 now.... Kind of a horror movie, but it was like this doll in this dollhouse and it came alive. Its not chucky, it was a girl doll I believe...and I tried searching for my vague references but found nothing. I was little so I don't know the actors. There was like a teacher in the movie who may have been a main character. I think the title may have had the word "moon" in it. Hope someone can help.

(in reply to 23mike95)
Post #: 1783
RE: Identify The Film - 18/7/2012 9:34:51 AM   
Whistler

This was one my mum told me about. She said it scared the hell out of her when she was younger and I've been trying to track it down for ages.

A woman is staying at an old hotel or castle, and at night these strange, floaty ghost things with long fingernails scratch through the door, then when they get inside they scratch out your heart.

That's all she remembered about it, not much to go on... Any help would be much appreciated.

(in reply to BadJoke)
Post #: 1784
RE: Name The Film - 18/7/2012 12:30:40 PM   
pauljthomas

Someone at work has just mentioned a film & I can't work out what it is. They don't know of anyone famous in it but a group of people stumble across a small secluded American town & find a top hat there, music is playing but it's not clear where it comes from & they all go mad. At the end, it reverts back to the beginning-any ideas folks? much appreciated

You know how I know your gay? You like Coldplay

BUS WANKERS!!!!

Post #: 1785
RE: Name The Film - 18/7/2012 12:45:10 PM   
gunstar

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauljthomas

Someone at work has just mentioned a film & I can't work out what it is. They don't know of anyone famous in it but a group of people stumble across a small secluded American town & find a top hat there, music is playing but it's not clear where it comes from & they all go mad. At the end, it reverts back to the beginning-any ideas folks? much appreciated

Sounds a bit like YellowBrickRoad:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1398428/

Especially with the music an' all. Quite a spooky little picture.

'We can take these Deadites! We can take them.....with science."

"We'll get 'em. We'll throw the book at them. Assault and kidnapping. Assault with a gun and a bourbon and a sports car."

"Falcon! Grab my ankles!"

(in reply to pauljthomas)
Post #: 1786
RE: Name The Film - 18/7/2012 12:47:59 PM   
pauljthomas

quote:

ORIGINAL: gunstar

quote:

ORIGINAL: pauljthomas

Sounds a bit like YellowBrickRoad:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1398428/

Especially with the music an' all. Quite a spooky little picture.

Have just been told that's the one, many thanks gunstar

You know how I know your gay? You like Coldplay

BUS WANKERS!!!!

(in reply to gunstar)
Post #: 1787
RE: Identify The Film - 18/7/2012 12:55:37 PM   
Invader_Ace

quote:

ORIGINAL: BadJoke

It was a film I remember watchiing when I was like 5, Im 15 now.... Kind of a horror movie, but it was like this doll in this dollhouse and it came alive. Its not chucky, it was a girl doll I believe...and I tried searching for my vague references but found nothing. I was little so I don't know the actors. There was like a teacher in the movie who may have been a main character. I think the title may have had the word "moon" in it. Hope someone can help.

Dolly Dearest?

(in reply to BadJoke)
Post #: 1788
RE: Identify The Film - 23/7/2012 7:33:45 PM   
triplewin

I'm trying to find the name of a French film I saw on UK television in 1993.

At the start of the film, a man accidentally locks himself out of his apartment while naked (he's just been in the shower). When trying to force his way back in to his apartment, he surprises a young boy from the building. The boy is frightened, as he's never met the man before (who I think is a newcomer to the building) and is understandably startled by the situation. He backs away from the man and, in his panic, falls from a stairwell. The boy is seriously injured and is in hospital for the remainder of the film.

The man then befriends the boy's (single) mother, without at first knowing that the boy is her son. The film then examines their growing friendship and the man's difficulty in dealing with the guilt of being inadvertently responsible for the accident.

I've been trying to find this film for some time. Is anyone able to help?

Many thanks

JS

< Message edited by triplewin -- 25/7/2012 10:54:02 PM >

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 1789
RE: Identify The Film - 24/7/2012 10:12:02 AM   
yourecast

Hi,
Looking for a (probably) french movie , late 70's or early 80's, I think the leading actor is Alain Delon.
The scene I remember - this guy rides his sports motorbike , and then gets shot in the side of his body, right under his armpit. That's all I remember..

Thanks!

yourecast.com - Be a movie casting hero, recast your favorite movies.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 1790
RE: Identify The Film - 25/7/2012 11:57:28 AM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: yourecast

Hi,
Looking for a (probably) french movie , late 70's or early 80's, I think the leading actor is Alain Delon.
The scene I remember - this guy rides his sports motorbike , and then gets shot in the side of his body, right under his armpit. That's all I remember..

Thanks!

Have you tried imdb ? Go through some of the reviews of Delon movies, see if one of them rings a bell.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001128/

< Message edited by hozay -- 25/7/2012 12:10:37 PM >

(in reply to yourecast)
Post #: 1791
RE: Name The Film - 27/7/2012 8:24:49 PM   
loopylass14uk

I'm trying to find out the name of this film so I can buy it as a present for someone. They were telling me about it the other day and I can remember what it was about and such but not the name. Their birthday is this Wednesday coming so I'd be very grateful if anyone could tell me the name!

So the general plot as I understand it is as follows:a husband and wife live together with their butler in a large house and they don't really get on. There is a plan to build a new highway through their property requiring their house to be demolished. The husband gets behind the plan but the wife is against it and enlists the help of the butler to stop it from happening and to foil the husband. Apparently it's a comedy or at least has moments of comedy. It was also a tv series I think as well as a movie but didn't run for long. And it's not a recent film - I think it's from the 80s?

So if anybody knows what film I'm talking about and could let me know that would be awesome!!

Post #: 1792
RE: Name The Film - 28/7/2012 12:04:03 AM   
rawlinson

You're not thinking of Blott on the Landscape, by any chance?

(in reply to loopylass14uk)
Post #: 1793
RE: Name The Film - 28/7/2012 6:31:03 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: droflum

I posted this a long tie ago and am hoping that maybe with new people on the site you might be able to help me...

I remember a film vaguely from my childhood but dont remember much about it at all. It doesn't seem to have been popular and cant find anything on DVD selling websites or imdb.

It was about a group of children, probably aged 10-13 or so. I believe it was something to do with a witches house (she may not have been a real with just a creepy lady - could have even been a man! I really can't remember)  I thnk there was a swamp or something and can remember the children standing at the gate to the house daring each other to go in (I think it might have been to take something but may have that confused with another film).  I think one of the main characters (a quirky lad, kind of the leader) was called 'Spit' or something like that but I have done character searches with imdb and found nothing.

The film would have been watched early to mid 90s and probably just rented from a video rental shop which at that time they didn't just have popular films but probably made around the 80s.

Thanks

long shot but could it be Watcher in the Woods?

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to droflum)
Post #: 1794
RE: Name The Film - 1/8/2012 9:46:20 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

This is going to be pretty vague.

This is a film that was on at the Glasgow Film Theatre in the last couple of years. I'm sure it was part of a mini festival - I thought Polish but can't track it down. They also do Italian and French mini festivals among others.

All I really remember is a flooded basement - a massive thing - and possibly a child/kid floating about exploring, maybe while visiting an aunt. For some reason I used to get this film/title confused with Tiny Furniture, although the films are nothing alike. I think the title just reminded me of something I'd read about it. So probably out sometime around the same time.

S'cool, I found it.

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1795
RE: Name The Film - 2/8/2012 9:43:40 PM   
droflum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

long shot but could it be Watcher in the Woods?

Thanks but no, I don't think so. Just really can't find it, have been all through countless lists including Disney/Universal etc lists. Can't find anything. I know I didn't dream it though!!!

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 1796
RE: Name The Film - 2/8/2012 9:55:58 PM   
Scruffybobby

This was something I saw on C4 many years ago I'm fairly sure  it was a film but could have been a TV series. It was sru I think in Blackpool There's 2 secnes I remember. One is of a guy who is speaking to a girl on the beach as she strips off to go skinny dipping and is trying to persuade him to join her. The other has another girl who is a trainer or somesuch in a Dolphinarium who is putting on a show involving a Dolphin removing her top as she stands at the top of a ladder. I saw it when I was maybe about 15 or so and these bit have always stuck in my mind.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to droflum)
Post #: 1797
RE: Name The Film - 6/8/2012 6:38:05 PM   
droflum

Ok, this one is a little stange as I know absolutely nothing about this film! I was watching a film with my son on Movies 24 and there was an advert about heroes and villains weekends in August. Within the advert was a shot of a man dressed in red and gold with a white face. My son wants to watch this (and keps reminding us about it) but we couldn't work out the film. I think he looked a bit 'evil wizard' like, my husbacnd thinks he is an alien. There were lots of other shots of films in the advert including 'In the name of the king' and 'Flood' (which I could work out) there were also some predator looking beings.

Sorry, can't find ad to post a link - will try to capture a photo

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 1798
RE: Name The Film - 7/8/2012 11:11:03 AM   
droflum

quote:

ORIGINAL: droflum

Ok, this one is a little stange as I know absolutely nothing about this film! I was watching a film with my son on Movies 24 and there was an advert about heroes and villains weekends in August. Within the advert was a shot of a man dressed in red and gold with a white face. My son wants to watch this (and keps reminding us about it) but we couldn't work out the film. I think he looked a bit 'evil wizard' like, my husband thinks he is an alien. There were lots of other shots of films in the advert including 'In the name of the king' and 'Flood' (which I could work out) there were also some predator looking beings.

Sorry, can't find ad to post a link - will try to capture a photo

Here is a link to a picture. Maybe is a bit more alien like!   http://www.flickr.com/photos/84410772@N05/7731944236/

Thanks

(in reply to droflum)
Post #: 1799
RE: Name The Film - 10/8/2012 4:45:30 PM   
chris kilby

I've got a belter and it's been bugging me for decades...

It's a western from the 70s, I think. And I saw it when I was a kid, back in the days when BBC1 used to show films on Mondays at 9.25pm - a long time ago, in a television landscape far, far away. Two riders come out of the heat haze of the desert, one young, one not-so-young - it might have been Burt Lancaster. They come upon a young woman (Sondra Locke or similar?), lying on the ground, bloodied, bruised, twitching and her dress all torn. (She might even be foaming at the mouth.) It is clear she has been sexually assaulted. The two riders tend to her injuries and she rides off with them.

This is where it gets vague. I think she fucks with the riders' heads, playing one against the other and the upshot is they end up killing each other over her. And the final shot of the film is the young woman scratching her own face, tearing her clothes and lying down on the ground, twitching/foaming at the mouth, as two riders approach out of the haze... Spooky.

I think. Like I said, I'm not sure. But I am pretty sure I'm not making this up - thinking about it now, it sounds like some Cormac McCarthy mock-goth horror western. And if someone could please put me out of my misery I would be eternally grateful cos this has been tormenting me forever. All the more so cos my film knowledge is pretty encyclopaedic. Please help...

< Message edited by chris kilby -- 10/8/2012 4:51:12 PM >

Post #: 1800
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI