Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Name The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Name The Film - 18/3/2012 5:39:04 PM   
glimmertwin84

Perfect!

Thanks so much!!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1741
RE: Name The Film - 18/3/2012 5:42:20 PM   
rawlinson

You're welcome.

(in reply to glimmertwin84)
Post #: 1742
RE: Name The Film - 19/3/2012 8:41:24 PM   
musht

OK guys so I'm 99% sure I haven't posted this before.

The movie was an old black and white and it was an old woman telling her daughter her life story kind of thing, the whole movie was a flashback. She was married to or going out with a prick with a moustache but fell in love with a piano player played by Errol Flynn. Her hubby/boyfriend got jealous and shot Flynn. The movie ended with the younger ghost version of the old lady walking away with that of Flynn.

Any ideas?

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1743
RE: Name The Film - 19/3/2012 10:12:16 PM   
Stevie Nazarenie

well i got to see northstar and the scene is so close to my memory it has to be it...

i also have another one that involves a watch... some guy on a plane has to get somewhere before his watch runs out, it has some kind of power to keep him normal? he has some kind of super power? there seem to be a lot of sci fi films involving watches. any suggestions? "the girl the gold watch and everything" is not it. nor the pilot of "gemini man." (riding with death.) nor "our man flint." thanks.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 1744
RE: Name The Film - 9/4/2012 5:22:11 AM   
depthcharge002

OK this is a vague one:

I saw this when I was about 15 so it must be made before 2000. Its a medieval film. Guys in armour fighting in a forest. The bit that sticks out is one guy gets his arm slashed/stabbed/injured and takes on someone one handed. The fight ends when he stabs the other guy with his helmet while wearing it. But he also dies in the process. The helmets were quite elaborate if I remember right. Then I think a guy rides in to see these two guys dead.

If anyone knows what this is or can even hazard a guess I'd be appreciative. Thanks!

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1745
RE: Name The Film - 12/4/2012 12:54:18 PM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

The movie was an old black and white and it was an old woman telling her daughter her life story kind of thing, the whole movie was a flashback. She was married to or going out with a prick with a moustache but fell in love with a piano player played by Errol Flynn. Her hubby/boyfriend got jealous and shot Flynn. The movie ended with the younger ghost version of the old lady walking away with that of Flynn.

Any ideas?

Escape Me Never
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039357/

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 1746
RE: Name The Film - 12/4/2012 1:03:34 PM   
Russ Whitfield

quote:

ORIGINAL: depthcharge002

OK this is a vague one:

I saw this when I was about 15 so it must be made before 2000. Its a medieval film. Guys in armour fighting in a forest. The bit that sticks out is one guy gets his arm slashed/stabbed/injured and takes on someone one handed. The fight ends when he stabs the other guy with his helmet while wearing it. But he also dies in the process. The helmets were quite elaborate if I remember right. Then I think a guy rides in to see these two guys dead.

If anyone knows what this is or can even hazard a guess I'd be appreciative. Thanks!

I can't be certain, but this has the ring of Italian 80s classic "Hearts and Armour" (or armor if you prefer).

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to depthcharge002)
Post #: 1747
RE: Name The Film - 12/4/2012 1:08:19 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

Any ideas?

Escape Me Never
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039357/

YES!!!! Thank you so much!! Been annoying me for years

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 1748
RE: Name The Film - 13/4/2012 7:46:34 PM   
depthcharge002

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russ Whitfield

quote:

ORIGINAL: depthcharge002

OK this is a vague one:

I can't be certain, but this has the ring of Italian 80s classic "Hearts and Armour" (or armor if you prefer).

Watched the trailer and that is exactly it! Well done on getting that from my extremely vague recollection. Now to find it on DVD and see if it is any good.

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 1749
RE: Name The Film - 15/4/2012 9:34:42 PM   
sterdog

I saw a movie on tv in the early/mid eighties. It was a thriller and I seem to recall that the finale was set in an abandoned amusement park. I'm pretty sure that the bad guy was taunting the hero calling him "mr stone" over a PA system. Any ideas?

(in reply to depthcharge002)
Post #: 1750
RE: Name The Film - 15/4/2012 10:11:54 PM   
bigtoe1966

Hi All.

This may seem obscure ut here goes.

I am sure Merl Streep played a major role in this film. I thought it was called High Society but can not find mention of it in her filmography.

Its about a group of people who seem to be a bit into swinging ?

What I remember most some one (i am sure its Merl Streep) calling some one else a butt head and they actually did change to be a butt head !

A wierd film which i would love to see again.

Any ideas

thanks in advance

(in reply to sterdog)
Post #: 1751
RE: Name The Film - 15/4/2012 10:47:33 PM   
sterdog

Hi bigtoe1966. I'm pretty sure you mean Society http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098354/

(in reply to bigtoe1966)
Post #: 1752
RE: Identify The Film - 18/4/2012 4:06:31 PM   
inside man

this film is called harry he's here to help

(in reply to fattaxi)
Post #: 1753
RE: Identify The Film - 18/4/2012 5:44:37 PM   
salohcin

Hi all,

Been searching for two films on other sites plus one thread somewhere else on Empireonline. Got two answered but one is still unfound and got pointed to this place:

This film was black and white, and rather strange. What I remember is somebody walking in a large dark and windowless room full of things, possibly underground. And then there was a bust of a man that started to light up from the inside. And there was a dead body of a man sitting on a chair - and then a video started playing on a TV of that very man, starting with words like "As you can see, I am now dead..." and carrying on about something.
The only other thing I remember from this film was a car driving on a wooded lane outside, and then a bunch of spikes rising up from the road to pop the car's tyres. That's about it.

Anybody recognise this?

(in reply to inside man)
Post #: 1754
RE: Identify The Film - 19/4/2012 8:44:05 AM   
bigtoe1966

Sterdog,, Many thanks. Funny how all these years I have been watching Merl Streep and thinking she was in it !

Just need to find a copy now.

Thanks again

(in reply to salohcin)
Post #: 1755
RE: Identify The Film - 24/4/2012 9:15:11 AM   
webconsulting

Hello.I'am looking of the title of the cartoon movie film.As I can still remember its about a boy who doesn't care about his mom.He never obey all of his mother's command then because of that the alien get his mom from the earth. This story was very touching and I really forgot the exact title of this.

Best Internet marketing Consulting at FTC
Web Consulting

Web Consulting

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 1756
RE: Identify The Film - 24/4/2012 9:29:11 AM   
theMoviegoer

Hello everybody,

This is a tough one, since I was a kid when I saw it on TV. I never managed to find it after that and I may be mixing up movies since I was quite young. It's been bothering me ever since. If I remember correctly, the story centers around a girl who's died in a car accident. She reappears years later (I think) and is somehow adopted by a family with two(?) other children, she has magic powers since I remember a scene in a jail where she levitates a bunch of keys, there's also an aluminum wrapping paper that links her to her past(?). At the end, she's done what she came down from heaven for and disappears.

Sorry, I know that's not much to go on... I've been looking for years.

If we bring a little joy into your humdrum lives, it makes us feel as though our hard work ain't been in vain for nothin'. Bless you all.

(in reply to bigtoe1966)
Post #: 1757
RE: Name The Film - 28/4/2012 10:55:02 PM   
michaelqb

Not sure if this is the right thread - if there is one.

It's a film about the making of a film about a book about the writing of a book about nothing ..or F******

It takes two to lie.. one to lie and another to listen.

That's part of your problem: you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies.

Post #: 1758
RE: Name The Film - 28/4/2012 11:23:22 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelqb

Not sure if this is the right thread - if there is one.

It's a film about the making of a film about a book about the writing of a book about nothing ..or F******

Would that be Adaptation ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0268126/

I'm trying to remember something I saw ages back on one of the Sky channels. It was a French film (I think) and there was a scene where a bunch of guys - including a nude fat bloke are torturing a woman. Amongst other things jab her with needles and set fire to her. She gets free from the chair shes tied to a jumps out of a window. I didn't see the whole film just that bit and it's kind of haunted me for years.

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to michaelqb)
Post #: 1759
RE: Name The Film - 28/4/2012 11:33:46 PM   
michaelqb

Spot on

It takes two to lie.. one to lie and another to listen.

That's part of your problem: you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 1760
RE: Name The Film - 6/5/2012 12:40:50 AM   
scifan

Forgive my interuption of your discussion guys but what do you think this might be a trailer for? I put it on a few sites youtube etc

Edit - not for this thread. If it's a Future Film - which at that quality is unlikely - then the existing thread. If it's just a random youtube vid, then the Mammoth thread sub-forum in Off-topic. If it's just advertising, then nowhere - as you've acknowledged you're posting this all over the place and I'm unsure why you'd be claiming to ask for info when you've disabled comments on the youtube page.

< Message edited by elab49 -- 6/5/2012 12:47:47 AM >

Post #: 1761
RE: Name The Film - 20/5/2012 7:34:04 PM   
SadFace

One for my mum.

She remembers seeing an old film, probably black and white, and in it, a man and a woman escape from (possibly) the Germans during the war through a network of already-built large tunnels (or pipes). They saw daylight and thought they were safe but they realised that the tunnel was blocked off by a grill (or grid) and water was coming through. They couldn't escape and so were probably going to drown. The movie then ends abruptly before we find out what happens to them.

Anybody have any idea?

Thanking you.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to scifan)
Post #: 1762
RE: Name The Film - 20/5/2012 7:49:11 PM   
Lucky Day

This may well be very obvious but it would be from a horror movie and I generally don't watch horror movies (as I am a big girl when it comes to horror movies).

Some kind of inbreds have a female (possibly the mother of the family) nailed to a board with her arms and legs cut off but she is still alive & is used just for breeding.

I either saw this or dreamed it years ago. I would rather I saw it than dreamed it, I don't want the kind of brain that comes up with shit like this.

I am possibly a big girl with the horror movies because I saw this when I was far too young.

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 1763
RE: Name The Film - 21/5/2012 10:43:33 AM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lucky Day

This may well be very obvious but it would be from a horror movie and I generally don't watch horror movies (as I am a big girl when it comes to horror movies).

Some kind of inbreds have a female (possibly the mother of the family) nailed to a board with her arms and legs cut off but she is still alive & is used just for breeding.

I either saw this or dreamed it years ago. I would rather I saw it than dreamed it, I don't want the kind of brain that comes up with shit like this.

I am possibly a big girl with the horror movies because I saw this when I was far too young.

That's an episode of The X-Files from season 4, called 'Home'

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 1764
RE: Name The Film - 21/5/2012 10:44:25 AM   
hozay

quote:

I'm not 100 % sure but wasn't there an episode of the X-Files like that. I seem to remember the "inbreds" living in and old timber house next to a field of corn or wheat. I could be mistaken, I'm not a big horror or X-Files fan either.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 1765
RE: Name The Film - 21/5/2012 10:46:18 AM   
hozay

Good timing that.

So there you go.

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 1766
RE: Name The Film - 21/5/2012 10:57:31 AM   
hozay

I need a name for a doco I saw years ago on late night TV maybe early 90's.
It is set in the US and centres around a bloke about 30 - 35 years old who sets off to meet a woman I think (maybe pen-pal or something). He's a bit crazy or not the full quid anyway.
He borrows a friend's (brother's) red sports car, like a little MG maybe, and the whole thing plays like a quirky road trip.
He eventually meets a woman and lives with her in an isolated house near a river or swamp for a while.
It was a weird doco but very compelling.

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 1767
RE: Name The Film - 21/5/2012 11:03:11 AM   
Lucky Day

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

quote:

That's an episode of The X-Files from season 4, called 'Home'

quote:

I'm not 100 % sure but wasn't there an episode of the X-Files like that. I seem to remember the "inbreds" living in and old timber house next to a field of corn or wheat. I could be mistaken, I'm not a big horror or X-Files fan either.

Thanks very much chaps ! That has bothered me for years what that was. I never really watched the X-Files much. It must have been a bit tamer than I remember it being in my head. Amazing work folks

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 1768
RE: Name The Film - 23/5/2012 11:00:57 AM   
haffajlak

hi,
I'm looking for the name of a film from the balkans that I watched few years ago.
It takes place in a subway station and it's about a criminal who kills persons by throwing them in the railway.
one of them is a women wearing a red dress.
thanks for your help!

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 1769
RE: Name The Film - 30/5/2012 10:00:24 PM   
Currant Bun

Anyone know the name of an old film (American Black and White I think) which ends with the oldish man driving his car into what I seem to remember was an ice house, and he sank and died. I remember seeing it on UK TV about 45 years ago! (late 1960s).
very vague I know but worth a try
thanks

BUN

(in reply to haffajlak)
Post #: 1770
Page:   <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  57 58 [59] 60 61   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI