Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Name The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Name The Film - 16/2/2012 11:38:43 AM   
cappsie

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: cappsie

1. This first film involves a relationship between a young man and an older woman. The young man is deeply in love with this woman (I don't recall precisely what their relationship is) the film is fairly dark, the young wear a leather jacket. He tattoos her name on to his hand or arm with the ink from a biro pen and a safety pin. He ends up getting shot a few times and uses a garden hose to wash the blood from himself and his clothes. Thoughts?

I thought Harold and Maude (the tattoo on Maude), although I only remember him shooting himself in one fantasy sequence.

Hi, thanks - no it was more recent than that - probably of a 90s era - mid to late 90s I'd guess.

Ta!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1711
RE: Name The Film - 16/2/2012 11:58:11 AM   
cappsie

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

The third one is one of the adaptations of The Blue Bird, isn't it?

The second one is a segment from the film Nightmares, I think.

By Jove! You were absolutely spot on in both cases! I am extremely grateful for your help :D

Many, many thanks!

Adam

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1712
RE: Name The Film - 20/2/2012 12:05:47 AM   
cappsie

I have a new film that I thought was very Twilight Zone-esq. or perhaps very Outer Limits-y

A meteor hits the earth and scientist is the first to find it. He touches it and burns his finger, which he immediately puts into his mouth and on to his tounge to stem the pain of the burn.

He then begins to fantasize about what would happen if he presented them with the full meteor or a half meteor and how much cash they'd (the government or research institute presumably) would give him.

Ultimately it turns out that, as he's fantasizing about these things, he is gradually becoming a plant and that by putting his finger on to his tongue, he basically put the alien fungus into his body. By the time "they" arrive, he has turned almost entirely into a plant.

Any thoughts?

Adam :)

(in reply to cappsie)
Post #: 1713
RE: Name The Film - 20/2/2012 12:19:27 AM   
rawlinson

It's a segment of the first Creepshow film. It's a redneck rather than a scientist (With Stephen King giving an absolutely terrible performance in the title role ) but it's the right story.

(in reply to cappsie)
Post #: 1714
RE: Name The Film - 20/2/2012 12:24:32 AM   
DancingClown

"Meteor shit!"

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1715
RE: Name The Film - 20/2/2012 12:27:01 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

"Meteor shit!"

Father's Day is my favourite story, "I WANT MY CAKE!"

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 1716
RE: Name The Film - 20/2/2012 12:36:01 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

"Meteor shit!"

Father's Day is my favourite story, "I WANT MY CAKE!"

And if I remember there was a young(er) Ed Harris getting his head squashed by a tombstone. And dancing. And he still had no hair!

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1717
RE: Name The Film - 20/2/2012 7:25:41 AM   
cappsie

quote:

It's a segment of the first Creepshow film. It's a redneck rather than a scientist (With Stephen King giving an absolutely terrible performance in the title role ) but it's the right story.

Absolutely spot on! I can't believe I never found this site before.

Many thanks!!

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1718
RE: Name The Film - 20/2/2012 7:29:28 AM   
cappsie

quote:

The third one is one of the adaptations of The Blue Bird, isn't it?

The second one is a segment from the film Nightmares, I think.

Did some more looking but I still cannot find this one. I was sure it was set in the suburbs of the USA...

Any more thoughts?

Thanks
Adam :)

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1719
RE: Name The Film - 22/2/2012 9:34:15 AM   
Sleazy

Can anyone help me, I've been given this clue for a horror movie and need to figure it out...

This film's first death could be the mentalist...in an alternate dimension, and stars the sister of the star of one of the all time classic horror films.

Any ideas?

Gamertag: Sleazycome

PSN ID: Sleazytoon

(in reply to cappsie)
Post #: 1720
RE: Name The Film - 25/2/2012 11:39:02 PM   
Stevie Nazarenie

this is hard because i only remember 1 scene of it. a sci fi film from the late 70's or early 80's. something happens and a man gets super powers... i think.
they put him in a booth of some kind and do experiments on him maybe because of his powers. in the scene you can see his brain as he goes into overload? (no not logans run but that kind of thing.) i have wanted to see this for years...

(in reply to Sleazy)
Post #: 1721
RE: Name The Film - 26/2/2012 3:35:59 PM   
filmfanatic123

A prison drama - a guy is imprisoned and the guards beat him up pretty badly. The guards go on trial, and they have to take the prisoner off the island for the court case and then, when they take him back to the prison, they kill him.

Any ideas?

Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

(in reply to aj_cheesy)
Post #: 1722
RE: Name The Film - 27/2/2012 8:46:10 AM   
Sutty

Right, I got one...

Think it was made in the early 80's.
It's about a guy (possibly a cop) in america who has super powers. He can run really fast and is incredibly strong.
But whenever he see's the colour red it weakens him.

Anyone got any ideas???

And another one...

An astronaught goes on some space mission or other at the start of the film.
He is exposed to some sort of cosmic/alien rays/force which gives him some powers.
He starts getting hunted down by some government agent types.
When either he uses his powers, or maybe he is powered by the suns rays, his eyes go kinda funny (hulk like but not green)
At one point he and his female sidekick (think she was a scientist) are fleeing from agents and they have to get through a door that has a key code. The female says something like "there are over one billion possible combinations". The guy (and now im sure he is powered up by the sun actually!) goes through millions of combos in seconds and they get through the door.
Another scene has them on a motorbike. The female is the rear passenger and at one point on the bike she says to him "I'm sticking to you like crazy glue!"

Please please help me!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to filmfanatic123)
Post #: 1723
RE: Name The Film - 27/2/2012 8:54:42 AM   
elpollodiablo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

And another one...

An astronaught goes on some space mission or other at the start of the film.
He is exposed to some sort of cosmic/alien rays/force which gives him some powers.
He starts getting hunted down by some government agent types.
When either he uses his powers, or maybe he is powered by the suns rays, his eyes go kinda funny (hulk like but not green)
At one point he and his female sidekick (think she was a scientist) are fleeing from agents and they have to get through a door that has a key code. The female says something like "there are over one billion possible combinations". The guy (and now im sure he is powered up by the sun actually!) goes through millions of combos in seconds and they get through the door.
Another scene has them on a motorbike. The female is the rear passenger and at one point on the bike she says to him "I'm sticking to you like crazy glue!"

Please please help me!!

I remember it too. It's called Northstar -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091650/

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 1724
RE: Name The Film - 27/2/2012 3:10:24 PM   
Richter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Right, I got one...

Think it was made in the early 80's.
It's about a guy (possibly a cop) in america who has super powers. He can run really fast and is incredibly strong.
But whenever he see's the colour red it weakens him.

Anyone got any ideas???

Super Fuzz

...with big pointy teeth,do you a treat...

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 1725
RE: Name The Film - 27/2/2012 10:12:58 PM   
Stevie Nazarenie

ok not a film a tv show around the time channel 4 first came out. it was a series based in the 1920's...

(in reply to aj_cheesy)
Post #: 1726
RE: Name The Film - 28/2/2012 10:44:25 PM   
Martini

Hi All

This one has been bothering me for years.
I am looking to trace a move made in the 80's or 90's. It is a foreign language film, possibly German, that was shown on Irish TV ages ago. It is a period drama where a large country house is invaded by "bad guys". The most memorable occupants were a vacant mother and her children, chief of which was a teenage girl. Also there is a visiting young tutor, who's name is August (or some similar sounding name). I think it was shown on The Last Picture Show, with intro by Brian Reddin, but I can not be sure of this.

Please help!

(in reply to Stevie Nazarenie)
Post #: 1727
RE: Name The Film - 1/3/2012 7:16:31 PM   
juanvasquez

80's post apocalyptic British film, possibly made for TV, featured in Empire a couple of years ago, taking place after a nuclear bomb has been dropped.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Martini)
Post #: 1728
RE: Name The Film - 1/3/2012 7:20:16 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

80's post apocalyptic British film, possibly made for TV, featured in Empire a couple of years ago, taking place after a nuclear bomb has been dropped.

Threads?

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1729
RE: Name The Film - 1/3/2012 8:49:23 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: juanvasquez

Threads?

That's the one, cheers.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1730
RE: Name The Film - 2/3/2012 1:02:28 PM   
DK is NEO

Was that the one with Rhys Dynsdale,documentary type shooting? I think she has a baby?(not Dynsdale!! a female survivor!) Couldn't remember the name of this either so if it's the one i'm thinking of then thankyou.
I have a tv show one,and i've talked to so many friends who haven't heard of it that i'm beginning to think i dreamt it all!!
It's set in New Zealand in victorian times i think,about a family that moved there and some sisters,and there's scary maori's (sp?!).It was on in the summer holidays in the 80's around the time of Why don't you and the Red hand gang!!

< Message edited by DK is NEO -- 2/3/2012 1:04:16 PM >

Breaking the 4th wall.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1731
RE: Name The Film - 2/3/2012 5:42:22 PM   
Richter

quote:

ORIGINAL: DK is NEO

I have a tv show one,and i've talked to so many friends who haven't heard of it that i'm beginning to think i dreamt it all!!
It's set in New Zealand in victorian times i think,about a family that moved there and some sisters,and there's scary maori's (sp?!).It was on in the summer holidays in the 80's around the time of Why don't you and the Red hand gang!!

Children of Fire Mountain

...with big pointy teeth,do you a treat...

(in reply to DK is NEO)
Post #: 1732
RE: Name The Film - 3/3/2012 12:03:03 PM   
DK is NEO

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richter

Children of Fire Mountain

Excellent,Thankyou so much,was really thinking it was all in my imagination!!

Breaking the 4th wall.

(in reply to Richter)
Post #: 1733
RE: Name The Film - 5/3/2012 7:09:42 PM   
burning_sofa

Hi when I was young I seen a film which was likely but not necessarily about the Vietnam war (Korean?). It had an exploitation feel to it, it climaxed with a large battle in which the characters attempted to defend an outpost, it ends with almost everyone being killed and a small group of people escape in a boat sailing off with an important political leader in it, although it is revealed that he has been killed by a stray bullet, then ends, quite beak. I can't remember any more details (sorry), but I remember it being very violent. I don't think it was any of the obvious hollywood vietnam films. Any ideas? Thanks

(in reply to DK is NEO)
Post #: 1734
RE: Identify The Film - 11/3/2012 2:41:37 PM   
laurenismrgrumpy

I'm looking for the title of a film from the 90s that used to get played on Sky Movies a lot. All I remember was it was a family film about a girl who wanted to go to a birthday party, but wasn't allowed so she got inside a box with her teddy and taped it up and arranged a courier to pick her up and got in all sorts of trouble with snakes in the van etc. She eventually arrives at the party and there's a paddlign pool and a food fight. Anyone remember this? Thanks :)

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 1735
RE: Identify The Film - 11/3/2012 7:49:25 PM   
Stevie Nazarenie

A friend of mine says the movie I'm trying to find about is called northstar. In the film though I thought the guy had blonde hair... the only scene I remember is a guy in a chamber being experimented on? You can see into his head and his brain starts to "pulse" till he nearly collapses. Is there a scene in that movie like this? Thanks.

(in reply to laurenismrgrumpy)
Post #: 1736
RE: Identify The Film - 14/3/2012 12:30:48 AM   
chill1211

Fist of the Northstar

(in reply to Stevie Nazarenie)
Post #: 1737
RE: Name The Film - 16/3/2012 2:50:46 PM   
Albertine

HI

Need films with these scenes in them

A woman giving birth in a car (ive got men in black)

tikking bombs (die hard 3..)

someone throwing something (bag, suitcase whatever) in river, preferably from bridge.

any suggestions?

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1738
RE: Name The Film - 18/3/2012 5:31:57 PM   
glimmertwin84

Hi,

This is going to be a REALLLLLLLLLY long shot but my fiance is trying to work out this film she saw as a kid. She's in her mid-20's so I presume it was made in the 80's/early 90's.

All she can remember is that it is about a boy and girl who have no parents. They end up in some kind of castle/big house. A sheriff (?) takes them somewhere and some kind of black cat helps them. There is also some kind of spaceship involved which takes them away. And maybe magical things happen.

I realise this isn't much to go on but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1739
RE: Name The Film - 18/3/2012 5:36:25 PM   
rawlinson

Escape to Witch Mountain?

(in reply to glimmertwin84)
Post #: 1740
Page:   <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  56 57 [58] 59 60   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI