Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Name The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Name The Film - 16/12/2011 1:22:41 PM   
mongosmad

Hey Quint and Rawlinson thanks very much for the info.
You know what I most probably have got them intertwined.
Smoked so much weed back then that is most probably the case.
Both Crusoe on Mars and Shot an Arrow are on youtube so I will watch them again.
Sure the twilight zone episode is the one. I just seem to remember it being in colour, I wonder if it got a remake?
Thanks for your time. It is very much appreciated.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 1681
RE: Name The Film - 16/12/2011 1:31:47 PM   
tftrman

quote:

ORIGINAL: gomes123

Hi all, Im trying to find the name of this film.

There's one part where one guy who happens to rent/stay at this person(or couple's) house, and that guy starts an arguement with the man (who owns the house), and they quarell, fight and roll down the stairs and out through the front door. The police came by and saw them fighting outside the front door, and arrested (wrongly) the owner of the house, instead of the other guy. So the owner of the house got framed.

Cant remember the name of the show, but it should be from 1990 onwards, probably in the range 1990-2005.

Thanks.

Pacific Heights - Michael Keaton, Matthew Modine, Melanie Griffiths. If I remember rightly, the stunt doubles for that scene look bugger all like Keaton or Modine either!

(in reply to gomes123)
Post #: 1682
RE: Name The Film - 30/12/2011 4:12:39 PM   
Toaster

What is the name of the British film where a guy works for a lifeline type company, gets a call from potential suicide who wants to jump off a roof? thinking its a prank call, he tells the man to jump. then he sees news headline of the guy who jumped. feeling terribly guilty and responsible he dedicates his life to supporting the family of the victim, only to find in the end that it was all a misunderstanding. the film was a comedy.

You've given us a mouthful of Greek salad. Formulas, equations, other fancy stuff that don't mean a thing. I wanna know when you're gonna get us out of this deep shit that we're in. Or if you're all in there just jerkin' each other off.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1683
RE: Name The Film - 30/12/2011 4:53:52 PM   
Mr.Screen

The Good Samaratin starring Shane Ritchie. 

(in reply to Toaster)
Post #: 1684
RE: Name The Film - 30/12/2011 6:45:25 PM   
gforce2010

I'm racking my brain to try and remember the title of a couple old sci fi films from the 90's

The plot of the first on is that a alien species that look human were nearly wiped out leaving only males. One of them comes to earth and impregnates a woman by kissing her in a bar. He then kidnaps her and tries to avoid the police. She then realises that he's telling the truth and stops fighting him. I also remember that there are these little eggs he has in a silver tube which she has to eat every few hours. Also in one scene he shows that "Their bodies are more electrically based" by making sparks come from his hands to light a camp fire. I also remember a scene where he tries to plug something into a wall outlet and he gets a shock because our electricity is different from theirs. Even remembering all this i still can't get the title of the film out.

Second one, this is a bit harder.

What i can remember of the plot is that it's in the future, this guy on a motorbike arrives at some kind of outpost in the desert. The key bits are that a couple from the group are actually androids, a bit bladerunner i know. Basically they start killing them off one by one. I remember then doing a test by cutting there thumb to show that they bleed, a bit like in "Thing". I remember the "Jerk" of the group refusing and they grab his arm and cut most the way down his finger. The other key bit was there was this huge construction droid outside that had been abandoned for years but a women in the group had been working on it for a while to try and get it working again. In the end she uses it to drop a girder onto one of the androids. I can then remember the android in question detaching from his pinned legs and draging himself along trying to get to the main character, like in terminator.

Any help with either of these movie titles would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 1685
RE: Name The Film - 30/12/2011 10:04:09 PM   
rich

Bits of the first one sound like John Carpenter's Starman... but some of that didn't happen in it that I remember. 

Meanwhile...

(in reply to gforce2010)
Post #: 1686
RE: Name The Film - 30/12/2011 11:54:12 PM   
gforce2010

It's not starman. Though I admit that there is several simullarities. Poss based on it.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1687
RE: Name The Film - 31/12/2011 1:33:19 AM   
gforce2010

After spending the last hour on IMDB i've found that the Starman style film is The Invader.

Just need to hunt down the other one now.

(in reply to gforce2010)
Post #: 1688
RE: Identify The Film - 31/12/2011 9:56:22 AM   
messiahtime

Would really like to know the name of this movie, its about this family and the dad is like a person who deals with dead people and he eats them and feeds them to his family and the son sneeks down and see's him cuttin off the body parts and freezing them its a british film the dad wears glasses I think and they all sit round the table eating them, any ideas

Zurple is the new black and has always been!!!

www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 1689
RE: Identify The Film - 31/12/2011 10:34:02 AM   
Hammerhorrorlover

A friend of mine is seriously struggling to identify a North American horror film shown possibly during one of the BBC's 1980s late night horror strands.

All he can confirm is that it was shown between 1980-86, probably on BBC2 on a Friday or Saturday night, it was in colour, low budget, and made in the USA or Canada in the '60s or '70s. It was a vampire film with a difference - they didn't have fangs, but used knives/syringes to draw out the blood. It's NOT George Romero's MARTIN (1976)

One of the first scenes, he recalls, was of a car driving past a cemetery and a strange wind blowing; one of the final scenes was of the town's people ganging up on our hero, and him being trapped in the town as the bridge was closed.

IMDb threw up "Last Rites" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081034/combined , but it doesn't seem to quite fit, and the BFI database has no transmission date for it.

Help!

(in reply to messiahtime)
Post #: 1690
RE: Identify The Film - 31/12/2011 10:38:07 AM   
Hammerhorrorlover

Messiahtime - is yours PARENTS?

(in reply to Hammerhorrorlover)
Post #: 1691
RE: Identify The Film - 31/12/2011 2:41:38 PM   
messiahtime

Aye thats the 1 that has been bugging me for at least 4 years, seen it when I was about 12 and it freaked me out, must get a watch at it again see if it has the same effect. Thank you very very very very much!!!

Zurple is the new black and has always been!!!

www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com

(in reply to Hammerhorrorlover)
Post #: 1692
RE: Identify The Film - 12/1/2012 8:59:12 AM   
iirs2012

This is my first time i visit here.Thank you for sharing .It's pretty usefull.

Edit - and your last

< Message edited by elab49 -- 12/1/2012 9:17:02 AM >

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 1693
RE: Name The Film - 13/1/2012 9:39:16 AM   
Vitamin F

quote:

ORIGINAL: darko18

Cheers!

Got another one. It only came out this year I think. Only saw the trailer but it looks brilliant. It's about man who's moods are linked to the weather/paranormal phenomena or something. Any ideas?

Would that be Take Shelter? Not seen it myself but it certainly looks interesting from the trailer.
Post #: 1694
RE: Name The Film - 19/1/2012 9:55:10 PM   
greatbrip

I only have a short clip of a film i'd like to identify. The scene is set in a School/College courtyard full of boys and girls. After a translation test from the subtitles, i've guessed it is Portugeuse. The ages of the pupils seem to be 16-18. The clip features boys grabbing one boy, pulling his trousers down to show everyone he is circumcised, and one calls him Jew S...T. The scene then changes to show him in bed at night having a nightmare.  Click on FILM below for a screen capture i've uploaded. Someone suggested the main actor has a name sounding like Walter Quizno.

FILM

Thank you.

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 1695
RE: Identify The Film - 22/1/2012 9:32:35 PM   
saraphonics

im looking for the title of an animated movie i saw ages ago. it was black and white, and was about some sort of snow queen, or about jack frost. it was stop motion animation, and the main character had a very sharp face. also could have been set on the grounds of a circus maybe? not really sure...

Hey. Get the fuck off her. That's my ex-girlfriend's monkey.
Post #: 1696
RE: Identify The Film - 24/1/2012 12:52:59 PM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: saraphonics

im looking for the title of an animated movie i saw ages ago. it was black and white, and was about some sort of snow queen, or about jack frost. it was stop motion animation, and the main character had a very sharp face. also could have been set on the grounds of a circus maybe? not really sure...

Maybe Balloon?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3bap_balloon_shortfilms

(in reply to saraphonics)
Post #: 1697
RE: Name The Film - 25/1/2012 3:02:25 PM   
handsmule

Looking for the name of an American horror film, my guess is around 2007 in terms of the year, shown on CBS Horror (then Zone Horror) about a year ago. I'm pretty sure the title had the word "room" in it (I was actually sure it was called "The Room" like the notoriously bad drama).

The plot involved a group of people in a room given a series of tests each to be completed in a fixed amount of time, after each test one person was removed or killed. They communicate with their captors through sort of a letterbox on a door. The film shows the people preforming the tests, what first seems to be a shady American company but which the prisoners are convinced are some sort of terrorist cell.

I missed the start so some of the details may be a little sketchy but I do remember there was quite an impressive ending, way above what I expected from the B- movie feel of it. I won't give that away yet though just because it's a huge spoiler.

Help much appreciated.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1698
RE: Name The Film - 25/1/2012 3:28:15 PM   
Gram123

quote:

ORIGINAL: handsmule

Looking for the name of an American horror film, my guess is around 2007 in terms of the year, shown on CBS Horror (then Zone Horror) about a year ago. I'm pretty sure the title had the word "room" in it (I was actually sure it was called "The Room" like the notoriously bad drama).

The plot involved a group of people in a room given a series of tests each to be completed in a fixed amount of time, after each test one person was removed or killed. They communicate with their captors through sort of a letterbox on a door. The film shows the people preforming the tests, what first seems to be a shady American company but which the prisoners are convinced are some sort of terrorist cell.

I missed the start so some of the details may be a little sketchy but I do remember there was quite an impressive ending, way above what I expected from the B- movie feel of it. I won't give that away yet though just because it's a huge spoiler.

Help much appreciated.

I was originally thinking you meant in a house, and it was something like My Little Eye.
But then I remembered The Killing Room (click): and it fit much better with your description.

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to handsmule)
Post #: 1699
RE: Name The Film - 25/1/2012 3:38:43 PM   
elab49

It doesn't fit the test then removal part though, I don't think? 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1700
RE: Name The Film - 26/1/2012 10:07:54 AM   
Gram123

Aye, there's also handsmule's description of the ending as "quite impressive", which doesn't quite tally with my review:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Me
In the end, the ramifications for "successful" and "unsuccessful" candidates was ludicrous and far too messy a way to achieve the results they wanted.

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1701
RE: Name The Film - 26/1/2012 9:56:20 PM   
handsmule

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gram123

The Killing Room

That was it thanks. I'm actually quite embarrassed now after watching some of that back on youtube, particularly the last scene which I admit now I (wrongly) described as "quite impressive".

I'm gonna have to use the "it was a late night after the pub" excuse for this one.

Thanks for the help anyway, much appreciated.

(in reply to Gram123)
Post #: 1702
RE: Name The Film - 31/1/2012 6:58:38 PM   
hubu_phonk

does anyone know what this is...

I think it was a film i saw when i young. A small amount of women are recruited ( possibly Vietnam war) to infiltrate an enemy camp i think. But the only thing i really remember was that they all had a special device up their doots, so when they lured the enemy to a bit of "ow's yer father" the device severed their penises off.

Straight in, no kissing

http://www.last.fm/user/hubuphonk

(in reply to handsmule)
Post #: 1703
RE: Name The Film - 3/2/2012 9:15:10 AM   
aj_cheesy

Hi all,

For years now I've wanted to identify a film...

When I was very young in the mid to late 80's I watched a film that would have been 70's or 80's... it was about a guy in a town, he had friends and family and some sort of dictatorship society started... where by, to prove conformity, everyone started getting a tattoo or brand of a symbol on their arm to prove it. I rememember that shops would not serve individuals without this tattoo. It was almost as if all these individuals were brainwashed by it. in the end, this guy is pretty much the only person who has not conformed and the authorities are after him.

I'm pretty sure it was American and I remember that everyone was wearing flares in it haha.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Cheers, Alex.

(in reply to hubu_phonk)
Post #: 1704
RE: Name The Film - 4/2/2012 1:42:20 PM   
Kasper

I don't have much to go on. What I remember is only this: a man keeps writing indignant letters to corporations. That's it! Anyone? :)

I'd say it's probably an American comedy made somewhere between 5 and 15 years ago.

(in reply to aj_cheesy)
Post #: 1705
RE: Name The Film - 4/2/2012 8:53:47 PM   
tat0178

Hi, i'm new to this. I saw this film  sometime in the 80's i think. A young couple buy an old school by a lake. A young girl turns up saying she used to go to the school. This would not be possible cos the school had been shut for years and the girl was not that old. I rember the wife found her husband in what would have been the schools clockroom, i think he was stangled and tied up on 1 of the coat pegs. This was done by the little girl. I think it ended up with the wife escaping on the boat on the lake. Plz this has been driving me crazy for years. could have been a made for tv movie.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1706
RE: Name The Film - 5/2/2012 12:47:17 PM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kasper

I don't have much to go on. What I remember is only this: a man keeps writing indignant letters to corporations. That's it! Anyone? :)

I'd say it's probably an American comedy made somewhere between 5 and 15 years ago.

Greenberg?

(in reply to Kasper)
Post #: 1707
RE: Name The Film - 14/2/2012 11:54:01 AM   
cappsie

Howdy - I'm new to this forum so hello to all :)

I have three films I'm attempting to trace and, as always, I have only a little information; so here goes.

1. This first film involves a relationship between a young man and an older woman. The young man is deeply in love with this woman (I don't recall precisely what their relationship is) the film is fairly dark, the young wear a leather jacket. He tattoos her name on to his hand or arm with the ink from a biro pen and a safety pin. He ends up getting shot a few times and uses a garden hose to wash the blood from himself and his clothes. Thoughts?

2. The second film might be a little more memorable. This one involves a car chase between a vicar or priest where the priest is being pursued by, what is seemingly, the devil. Set in the dessert, the devil drives a black Chevrolet Blazer, all the windows are blacked out and this thing is insane. It literally pops out of the ground in a moment in the film where the vicar thinks he's outrun the devil. Thoughts on that one?

3. The third film I'm after is quite an old one and even my mother struggles to recall this one. However someone might know, so here goes. Essentially the theme is about rebirth or being reborn. Sounds kinda hippy-like. Anyway, the scenes I can recall are about a heavenly type place with lots of white, clouds, and finally some white steps which lead up to a waiting area where ships arrive and take people, kids I think, back to earth to be reborn. To add to that there is a part whereby an elderly couple are sitting on a garden swing and a bluebird is atop it, singing. The couple lean in to each other listening to the bluebird, I suppose ultimately the suggestion is that death is near and they are soon to join the others in the waiting area. The may well be a little girl involved who mentions the bluebird - I feel the bird was key to the whole thing. That's the tough one!

Anyways, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated; I often feel that if I can get hold of these films (from my childhood and adolescence) they would be a sort of closure for me. Odd I know.

Adam

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 1708
RE: Name The Film - 16/2/2012 1:06:09 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: cappsie

1. This first film involves a relationship between a young man and an older woman. The young man is deeply in love with this woman (I don't recall precisely what their relationship is) the film is fairly dark, the young wear a leather jacket. He tattoos her name on to his hand or arm with the ink from a biro pen and a safety pin. He ends up getting shot a few times and uses a garden hose to wash the blood from himself and his clothes. Thoughts?

I thought Harold and Maude (the tattoo on Maude), although I only remember him shooting himself in one fantasy sequence.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to cappsie)
Post #: 1709
RE: Name The Film - 16/2/2012 1:20:27 AM   
rawlinson

The third one is one of the adaptations of The Blue Bird, isn't it?

The second one is a segment from the film Nightmares, I think.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 1710
Page:   <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Name The Film Page: <<   < prev  55 56 [57] 58 59   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI