Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Identify The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Identify The Film - 14/11/2006 5:28:11 PM   
maffew

k, when i was little my mum showed me a film thats stuck with me ages. all i can remember of it is a big bustling crowd in a village, a man falling off a roof or something and some woman running over to him grabbing a load of gravel off the floor shoving it into his mouth and saying 'this should fill you up!!' its a french film..umm.. thats all i remember.

help!

"Now i don't know much about security lighting, but i'm guessing they'll be using 180-degree dispersing halogens with motion sensors"

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 121
RE: Identify The Film - 14/11/2006 5:36:51 PM   
fuzbucket mutant

one last try...

need more help on the film I'm not sure about...
im looking for info on a film (i dont know the name or any of the actors or the year)

was about humans hunting other humans out in the wilderness of the forest, i remember 1 scene especially where a man had his legs damaged by a trap and was clutching a big bag of money as he lay on the floor and him obviously getting found and shot.

if you have any ideas what it could be please let me know i reckon it was made around 1985-1995.

it isnt so gar any of these - surviving the game, battle royale, southern comfort or Hard Target

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 122
RE: Identify The Film - 15/11/2006 2:22:00 PM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzbucket mutant

one last try...

im looking for info on a film (i dont know the name or any of the actors or the year)

was about humans hunting other humans out in the wilderness of the forest, i remember 1 scene especially where a man had his legs damaged by a trap and was clutching a big bag of money as he lay on the floor and him obviously getting found and shot.

if you have any ideas what it could be please let me know i reckon it was made around 1985-1995.

it isnt so gar any of these - surviving the game, battle royale, southern comfort or Hard Target

Did you try that link to Death Chase?http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094973/

Probably you did but just in case you missed it.

(in reply to fuzbucket mutant)
Post #: 123
RE: Identify The Film - 16/11/2006 12:39:03 AM   
fuzbucket mutant

I replied to your post before, unfortunately it isnt that film

cheers anyway.

Post #: 124
RE: Identify The Film - 16/11/2006 9:39:24 PM   
worldsgreatestsinner

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzbucket mutant

one last try...

The problem with that sort of film is that there's been so many remakes or variations of The Most Dangerous Game that it's difficult to know where to begin. You seem to have gone through the obvious contenders, is it any of these?

Bloodlust
Tender Flesh
Seven Women For Satan
Turkey Shoot
Death Ring

Post #: 125
RE: Identify The Film - 17/11/2006 11:24:36 AM   
fuzbucket mutant

I'll let you know! cheers for that

Post #: 126
RE: Identify The Film - 17/11/2006 11:36:20 AM   
Lazy wolf eyes

I saw a ghost film when I was younger and remember it being quite good but can't remember for the life what it's called.  It's about a group of men who are remembering a young woman they were all in love with.  They accidentally killed her and she came back to haunt them, killing them off one by one.  Part of the film is set in the 30's I think, and the rest in modern day.  Can anyone help? I'll give you a cookie. 

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

Post #: 127
RE: Identify The Film - 17/11/2006 11:47:04 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

Cookies Ahoy! The film you speak of is Ghost Story (1981) based on the novel by Peter Straub. It concerns a group of old codgers who call themselves the Chowder Society, who get together now and then to tell stories. In their youth, they all fell in love with the same woman (played by the ethereal and sexy Alice Krige) whom they let die, drowned when a car she was in goes into a lake. The young lady shows up in the present(in various stages of decay, with great make-up FX by supremo Dick Smith) and precedes to bump off the Chowder Society for their past evil deed. It was directed by John Irvin (The Hotel New Hampshire, Hamburger Hill) and stars Fred Astaire, Melvyn Douglas, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., and Craig Wasson. Make mine Chocolate Chip, please...

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 128
RE: Identify The Film - 17/11/2006 11:49:26 AM   
Lazy wolf eyes

Thankyou so much! *Hands you many a chocolate chip cookie* 

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to Peter A. Quinn)
Post #: 129
RE: Identify The Film - 18/11/2006 9:25:47 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lazy wolf eyes

Thankyou so much! *Hands you many a chocolate chip cookie* 

My work here is done (rides off into sunset)...

Post #: 130
RE: Identify The Film - 18/11/2006 8:04:49 PM   
Alzzcam

Isn't it Hard Target? Van Damme? There's a human Hunt at the start of it then they get a hold of Van Damme for the hunt of something like that.

Most people take a long time to say nuthin'

Post #: 131
RE: Identify The Film - 20/11/2006 6:21:36 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

i Cant remeber the film but i remember the line and when it was said...

"the names bond, james bond"

it was said at the very end of the film when he shot a guy and asked who he was..

damn wat was it called

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 132
RE: Identify The Film - 28/11/2006 4:48:53 PM   
damn im good!

Hmmm, don't think it's the same film, but when I was about ten, I watched a film with my big sis and it was about a load of people in the woods getting picked off one by one. Can't remember who was in it, what it was about or anything like that. Thought it had Michael Berryman in it, but definitely not having checked his CV.

I remeber one scene at the begining when these kids are on a motorbike and they hit a tripwire that releases some tim can lids on springs and slices them up. Another scene had a trap being set up with a log swinging through the trees and impalling someone (as it was covered in spikes).

Any ideas people?

Don't fuck with the Jedi Master, son.

Post #: 133
RE: Identify The Film - 29/11/2006 10:31:00 AM   
Cedar Plank

quote:

ORIGINAL: worldsgreatestsinner

Turkey Shoot

i forgot about this film
its one of the funniest things ever
it got renemed "Blood Camp Thatcher" didnt it?

(in reply to worldsgreatestsinner)
Post #: 134
RE: Identify The Film - 4/12/2006 11:12:39 PM   
K84

When I first got a PC, the 1st email I sent was to Empire in 2002 asking them to name this film, still waiting for a response!!

Here goes, it was on a Saturday night when I was around 5/6 so around 1990/1991 and it was a a deaf/mute boy with a blue orb and a gang who wore rollerblades, it was set in the future, and there were others with rollerblades on in opposition I am sure, I think the boys character name in the film was David!! He was wearing a helmet!!! Thats all I recall!!!

(in reply to Cedar Plank)
Post #: 135
RE: Identify The Film - 5/12/2006 9:50:10 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

K84, the film you're thinking of is Prayer of the Rollerboys (1991), set in the future and stars (gulp) Corey Haim and Patricia Arquette. Look it up on IMDb to get the full sad skinny on this best-forgotten tax dodge.

(in reply to K84)
Post #: 136
RE: Identify The Film - 5/12/2006 2:53:57 PM   
K84

No thats not it! I looked at it on IMDB and read the sypnosis, thats a totally different film!!! The central premise of the film I am talking about was set in the future, a young boy named David  who was deaf and dumb found a glowing blue orb and with the help of a group of youngsters with rollerskates/blades the had to reach somewhere!!! It could have not been made in 1991 as I watched it on the tv around then I am sure!!!

(in reply to Peter A. Quinn)
Post #: 137
RE: Identify The Film - 5/12/2006 3:41:30 PM   
deniseA

Is it Solarbabies?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091981/

Little kid, blue orb, roller blading.  All the elements are there, except he's called Daniel

(in reply to K84)
Post #: 138
RE: Identify The Film - 5/12/2006 4:50:49 PM   
K84

Thats it, many thanks. The minute I saw the title I knew it was correct, I now remember why I watched the film was as a result of the weird title! I knew the boys name began with a D!!

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 139
RE: Identify The Film - 10/12/2006 7:43:43 PM   
DEF

I'm trying to help a friend find out the name of the film that the following quote is from. He's been trying to work it out for ages and is driving him mad. So if you have any idea it would be appreciated I dont know if its exact though, sorry for being vague.

Man 1-
  I told them I know Kung Fu.

Man 2- Did that work?

Man 1- I was naked and holding a shot gun at the time!

SLASHER MOVIE FAN CLUB - Come and join us!

SLASHER MOVIE BLU-RAY BLOG!

Post #: 140
RE: Identify The Film - 11/12/2006 1:16:06 PM   
Evil.Groovy.Ash

i remember this being on tv a long time ago, don't remember if it was a film or a made for tv movie. it starred henry thomas, the little boy from ET, and a girl who used to be in neighbours, i believe she played a charecter in neighbours called rachel. basically the plot is about a monster that's supposed to live in a lake near some american, could be australian, town, occasionally its head comes out of the water a bit like that famous lock ness picture, henry thomas plays a boy who sets out to catch it. anyway it turns out that it's not a monster but a giant digger that fell into the lake and the head is in fact the bucket (think of the back of a JCB, the back bucket) on the digger that got an air lock trap so every so often the air lifts the bucket out of the water and because its got crap all around it it looks like a head of a monster. like i said saw it years and years ago, look everywhere i can think of and still haven't found anything about it. can anyone please help, thank you.

last five films watched:

Bridemaids 2/5
Transformers 3 3/5
Green Lantern 1/5
X-Men First Class 3/5
Hangover 2 1/5

Post #: 141
RE: Identify The Film - 12/12/2006 3:32:05 PM   
wandering starr

is it this?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0091810/

Frog Dreaming aka The Quest

(in reply to Evil.Groovy.Ash)
Post #: 142
RE: Identify The Film - 13/12/2006 3:15:20 PM   
Evil.Groovy.Ash

that is it. thank you i've been killing myself for ages trying to find out that. much obliged.

last five films watched:

Bridemaids 2/5
Transformers 3 3/5
Green Lantern 1/5
X-Men First Class 3/5
Hangover 2 1/5

(in reply to wandering starr)
Post #: 143
RE: Identify The Film - 29/12/2006 1:31:23 PM   
Joker7

Hi Guys, no new posts in a few weeks but I'll give it a go: I remember a fight in a subway, was late seventies/early eighties, there was 1 main guy stood in the middle as a gang drew closer to him and the camera angle was from the ceiling looking down - I think the guy had a head band on and a long coat, the picture seemed very clean almost as though it was bit futuristic. It's really sketchy and the memory is probably about 20 years old so I'm struggling. I watched the Warriors hoping it would be that but I just don't think it is - it's almost a cross between that and Cyborg (the early Van Damme film) sorry guys, not much to go off but any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Have you paid your dues Jack? Yessir the cheque is in the mail...

It's all in the reflexes...

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 144
RE: Identify The Film - 30/12/2006 9:55:24 AM   
Gothzilla

could be a rather bad movie called Steel Dawn starring............wait for it........Patrick Swayze.

God it was awful.

It can't rain all the time.

(in reply to Joker7)
Post #: 145
RE: Identify The Film - 31/12/2006 11:50:41 AM   
hozay

Could be Subway.Starred Christoper Lambert (the Highlander guy),it's French but there's a dubbed version I saw on
TV once.

link.........

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0090095/

(in reply to Joker7)
Post #: 146
RE: Identify The Film - 31/12/2006 4:49:29 PM   
Joker7

Cheers guys, could be the subway one - I'll see if I can download it... Thanks again

Have you paid your dues Jack? Yessir the cheque is in the mail...

It's all in the reflexes...

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 147
RE: Identify The Film - 3/1/2007 10:26:57 AM   
mikeyone

it's called 'Ghost Story', fred astaire e.t.c (i think).

Mikeyone.

Post #: 148
Some answers - 9/1/2007 2:59:04 PM   
Richter

Some of these answers are to questions from quite a while ago.

To Ruth_evershed,your film is Virtual Nightmare http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244290/

MCJacket,yours is Passion of Mind with Demi Moore http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0160644/

Spartacus,how about Time Shifters,about time travellers visiting historical disasters like the Hindenburg.They are discovered when a journalist (?) notices the same man in pictures of different disasters. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0204686/

Princessa,your movie sounds similar to Josh and S.A.M.Have a look,see if it is the same one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107277/

Fattaxi,your film is Harry,he`s here to help http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0216800/

And finally,

lpbigmore`s film is Deadbolt,starring Adam Baldwin http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106683/

Well,that`s all I`ve got.Hopefully this`ll stop some people being driven insane trying to remember forgotten titles.

Assuming I got them right of course. 

...with big pointy teeth,do you a treat...

(in reply to mikeyone)
Post #: 149
RE: Name The Film - 10/1/2007 8:14:35 PM   
angrytapes

OK, might be a bit obscure but here goes................Kids film, shown to us at school in early to mid 80s - some silver ballbearings come from space (?) to help some kids out, or some kids find them. They have a treehouse (I think). At one point the ballbearings stop a bad guy in a supermarket.

Was in a similar vein to that one about the kid with superpowers who wore a t shirt with a tiger on - if anyone knows what im going on about.

May not have been a proper film but some BBC drama thing.

I'm a pimp... and pimps don't commit suicide.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI