Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Identify The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Identify The Film - 17/10/2006 12:15:59 PM   
Doctor Manhattan

quote:

ORIGINAL: mfj fratelli

It might be The Sweet Hereafter.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120255/

That'll be it. Thanks very much.

Bob: "Can you keep a secret? I'm trying to organize a prison break. We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country. Are you in or you out?"
Charlotte: "I'm in."

(in reply to mfj fratelli)
Post #: 91
RE: Identify The Film - 29/10/2006 12:09:37 PM   
fuzbucket mutant

need more help on the film I'm not sure about...
im looking for info on a film (i dont know the name or any of the actors or the year)

was about humans hunting other humans out in the wilderness of the forest, i remember 1 scene especially where a man had his legs damaged by a trap and was clutching a big bag of money as he lay on the floor and him obviously getting found and shot.

if you have any ideas what it could be please let me know i reckon it was made around 1985-1995.

it isnt so gar any of these - surviving the game, battle royale, southern comfort

(in reply to mfj fratelli)
Post #: 92
RE: Identify The Film - 30/10/2006 2:08:28 PM   
Brundlesflies

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzbucket mutant

im looking for info on a film (i dont know the name or any of the actors or the year)

was about humans hunting other humans out in the wilderness of the forest, i remember 1 scene especially where a man had his legs damaged by a trap and was clutching a big bag of money as he lay on the floor and him obviously getting found and shot.

if you have any ideas what it could be please let me know i reckon it was made around 1985-1995.

it isnt so gar any of these - surviving the game, battle royale, southern comfort

Sounds like it could be Turkey Shoot (aka Blood Camp Thatcher) starring Steve Railsbeck

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082338/

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to fuzbucket mutant)
Post #: 93
RE: Identify The Film - 30/10/2006 4:37:04 PM   
Gram123

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: fatpenguinboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

That would be Zujia Paidang, AKA Mad Mission, better AKA Aces Go Places.† No Jackie Chan, but it does feature comedy baldy Karl Maka (who was also in the My Lucky Stars films).

thanks for the info on this film i looked it up and i'm sure i recognised the old vhs cover, now i just need to find a copy†† :)

There is a R1 version that's dead easy to get hold of (there's also a complete box set available, with all of the Aces/Mad Mission films included).

quote:

Aces

Aces Go Places boxset is available at the following links:

HK Flix
Yes Asia
DVD Asian

Costing between $49.95 and $54.99 = about £28 for all 5 films, plus postage.

==Gram123==

Gram123's Top Songs Project

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 94
RE: Identify The Film - 30/10/2006 7:16:33 PM   
fuzbucket mutant

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

quote:

Sounds like it could be Turkey Shoot (aka Blood Camp Thatcher) starring Steve Railsbeck

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082338/

yeah, that's already been suggested, but I dont think it is.

cheers though!

anyone else have any ideas? it's killing me! lol

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 95
RE: Identify The Film - 31/10/2006 7:25:03 PM   
Doctor Manhattan

Ooooooooookay, these clues are probably gonna be pretty vague...theres a painter (maybe male, maybe female) who gets shunned by his/her peers for being bloody good at drawing naked people. A kind of period piece. Thats all I remember.

Bob: "Can you keep a secret? I'm trying to organize a prison break. We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country. Are you in or you out?"
Charlotte: "I'm in."

Post #: 96
RE: Identify The Film - 4/11/2006 12:34:07 AM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: wood

Okay, the next stars Steve McQueen (I think, and again Ive checked) and Andy Robinson (ditto) as itinerant stock car racers [edit: Im now sure they were motorcycle racers of some description], travelling around the midwest from meet to meet, set in the 40s/50s, prolly made in the late 60s.

They pick up nude hippy hitch-hikers etc etc and generally lead the good life of road movie freedom but I think it all ends in tragedy.

Any takers on these 2?

I'm pretty sure this second film is called "Little Fauss and Big Halsy" starring Robert Redford and Michael J Pollard.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0065989/

(in reply to wood)
Post #: 97
RE: Identify The Film - 4/11/2006 6:13:50 PM   
punchdrunk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Doctor Manhattan

Ooooooooookay, these clues are probably gonna be pretty vague...theres a painter (maybe male, maybe female) who gets shunned by his/her peers for being bloody good at drawing naked people. A kind of period piece. Thats all I remember.

Probley not Peter Greenaways "The Draughtmans Contract" but watch it anyway 

(in reply to Doctor Manhattan)
Post #: 98
RE: Identify The Film - 6/11/2006 2:30:30 PM   
Peter Dragon

Racking my brains trying to remember a movie about the crew of a B52 bomber.
It was set in the immediate aftermath of the USSR bombing the US and this crew were on their way to retaliate against the USSR.

I think it starred Rebecca De Mornay as one of the pilots and Craig T. Nelson, but can't find anything about it on Wiki or IMDB, can anyone help? Might have been a TV movie.

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 99
RE: Identify The Film - 6/11/2006 7:32:41 PM   
deniseA

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Dragon

Racking my brains trying to remember a movie about the crew of a B52 bomber.
It was set in the immediate aftermath of the USSR bombing the US and this crew were on their way to retaliate against the USSR.

I think it starred Rebecca De Mornay as one of the pilots and Craig T. Nelson, but can't find anything about it on Wiki or IMDB, can anyone help? Might have been a TV movie.

Is it By Dawns Early Light?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dawns-Early-Light-Powers-Boothe/dp/rentals/B000B7KXMM

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 100
RE: Identify The Film - 7/11/2006 9:56:44 AM   
Peter Dragon

That's the one! Thanks deniseA!!

Fuck land! I'm on a boat motherfucker!

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 101
RE: Identify The Film - 8/11/2006 5:17:48 PM   
davidjthomson

Here's one I've been trying to remember.

It's a western starring Richard Widmark as a half breed indian.  The film starts when he kills men who killed his family.  He's convicted at court and is being taken to prison in a wagon train with a bunch of settlers.  The wagon train gets attacked by indians and Widmark ends up saving them.

I think it was made in the 60s and I can't remember any other stars in it.

Nothing is over until we say it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

(in reply to Peter Dragon)
Post #: 102
RE: Identify The Film - 8/11/2006 10:27:00 PM   
fuzbucket mutant

??

anyone?

and you call yourselves film fans?!!

you should be ashamed lol

but seriously, someone must have an idea?!

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 103
RE: Identify The Film - 8/11/2006 11:12:13 PM   
claytonmeister

I once saw a film in which a blind lady, who lives alone, gets burgle.d It is quite a disturbing film. The only way she can survive is by smashing the lights in her house and giving the perpetrator, who has sight, a similar diadvantage to hers. I think she does manage to escape in the end, but i remember enjoying the film. Please help me guys!? lol

"My father died when he was making love to a 20 year old. He came and went at the same time!" Richard Pryor

"You mean I'm black does dad know!?"

(in reply to vera zorina)
Post #: 104
RE: Identify The Film - 8/11/2006 11:22:02 PM   
Peter A. Quinn

That would be the 1968 Audrey Hepburn classic, Wait Until Dark.

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

(in reply to claytonmeister)
Post #: 105
RE: Identify The Film - 9/11/2006 4:39:44 AM   
hozay

quote:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094973/
Death Chase 1990 Has a humans hunting humans plot.

This plot sounds very  familiar,I remember seeing a film some time ago where a millionaire has human hunting games once
a year.I checked imdb but couldn't find it.I thought the millionaire was Patrick Stuart or someone very much like him but
no luck.Death Chase wasn't the one I was thinking either but has a similar plot.

Post #: 106
RE: Identify The Film - 9/11/2006 4:51:22 AM   
hozay

quote:

ORIGINAL: davidjthomson

Here's one I've been trying to remember.

It's a western starring Richard Widmark as a half breed indian.  The film starts when he kills men who killed his family.  He's convicted at court and is being taken to prison in a wagon train with a bunch of settlers.  The wagon train gets attacked by indians and Widmark ends up saving them.

I think it was made in the 60s and I can't remember any other stars in it.

The Last Wagon 1956 Widmark plays the role of Comanche Todd

Use this link:  http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0049434/

(in reply to davidjthomson)
Post #: 107
RE: Identify The Film - 9/11/2006 5:08:46 PM   
fuzbucket mutant

quote:

ORIGINAL: hozay

quote:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0094973/
Death Chase 1990 Has a humans hunting humans plot.

This plot sounds very  familiar,I remember seeing a film some time ago where a millionaire has human hunting games once
a year.I checked imdb but couldn't find it.I thought the millionaire was Patrick Stuart or someone very much like him but
no luck.Death Chase wasn't the one I was thinking either but has a similar plot.

thanks for trying!! can anyone remember the name of the film he's thinking of?

this is driving me so fkin crazy!! lol

HELP!

(in reply to hozay)
Post #: 108
RE: Identify The Film - 9/11/2006 5:22:17 PM   
Lebowski

quote:

ORIGINAL: claytonmeister

I once saw a film in which a blind lady, who lives alone, gets burgle.d It is quite a disturbing film. The only way she can survive is by smashing the lights in her house and giving the perpetrator, who has sight, a similar diadvantage to hers. I think she does manage to escape in the end, but i remember enjoying the film. Please help me guys!? lol

quote:

That would be the 1968 Audrey Hepburn classic, Wait Until Dark.

Or it could also be an old Mia Farrow film called Blind Terror, though I can't remember if she broke the light bulbs in it (I think so, but it's probably been 20 years since I saw it so I might be getting it mixed up with something else).

My Top 100 watched from 2006 on - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1121772&mpage=1&key=&NID=0#1159794

DVD Profiler - http://www.intervocative.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Barbapapa

Post #: 109
RE: Identify The Film - 9/11/2006 6:24:26 PM   
claytonmeister

Thank you very much Peter A. Quinn. I can't believe i didnt realise it was audrey hepburn!! must have been extremely tired when i watched it

"My father died when he was making love to a 20 year old. He came and went at the same time!" Richard Pryor

"You mean I'm black does dad know!?"

(in reply to Peter A. Quinn)
Post #: 110
RE: Identify The Film - 10/11/2006 7:12:52 PM   
Gothzilla

quote:

quote:

Hard Target starring Jean Claude Van Damme had a similar plot and was out around this time but I cant remember this scene in it.

It can't rain all the time.

Post #: 111
RE: Identify The Film - 10/11/2006 9:40:09 PM   
fuzbucket mutant

cheers Godzilla, but it isnt hard target.

I've got another one now - my mate said he saw a trailer of a film that looked pretty good - an actiony, violent type film that was by the people who did 'love actually' ?? WTF is he on about?

oh, and if anyone else can have a think about my previous posts, I''d really appreciatye it.

cheers.

(in reply to Gothzilla)
Post #: 112
RE: Identify The Film - 12/11/2006 3:02:53 PM   
Silent_rob

Need help with this one that has been bugging me for pretty much my entire teenage life. It was a really random B-movie about passengers on a plane. The plane flies through a wormhole or some crap and everyone who was awake when they did dissapears. Im pretty sure at this point the plane is in space. The remaining passengers have to fly through another wormhole and force themselves to sleep while they do for fear of dissapearing too. One guy sacrifices himself to fly the plane into it awake.

I swear to God Im not making this up, I wish I was. I just have to know if this was really a film I saw becuase sometimes I wonder if it was just a dream I had when I overdosed on sugar one night before bed.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 113
RE: Identify The Film - 12/11/2006 3:34:17 PM   
deniseA

quote:

ORIGINAL: Silent_rob

Need help with this one that has been bugging me for pretty much my entire teenage life. It was a really random B-movie about passengers on a plane. The plane flies through a wormhole or some crap and everyone who was awake when they did dissapears. Im pretty sure at this point the plane is in space. The remaining passengers have to fly through another wormhole and force themselves to sleep while they do for fear of dissapearing too. One guy sacrifices himself to fly the plane into it awake.

I swear to God Im not making this up, I wish I was. I just have to know if this was really a film I saw becuase sometimes I wonder if it was just a dream I had when I overdosed on sugar one night before bed.

Sounds very much like The Langoliers, which has been on the sci-fi channel a few times.

http://www.amazon.com/Langoliers-Dean-Stockwell/dp/6305899398

(in reply to Silent_rob)
Post #: 114
RE: Identify The Film - 12/11/2006 3:37:45 PM   
TomTron

I saw a film ages ago, in it a croup of ghosts followed around a woman (i think) after they were killed in a bus (or was it a tram?) crash. Its really bugging me what this film was, i think it was late 80s early 90s.

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 115
RE: Identify The Film - 12/11/2006 5:21:42 PM   
PEGWIL

please help me i watched the wonderfully brilliant gorefest that is switchblade romance(haute tension)last night on film4 and it reminded me of a film i saw  a few xmases ago on beeb 2 about a teenage girl going thhrough a bit of a rights of passage in her summer hols with mum and sis,she gets a boyfriend and things follow the statndard route of deflowering the girl was a bit of an ugly duckling in an awkward adolescent way(wern't we all) any way the ending is a mind blower the family return to paris and on the way home the patk up at a travelodge sort of thing when totally un provoked and completely and mindblowingly unexpectedly a  man kills them all in their car with a hammer what an ending film not much cop but phew what a finnish hope you can help ....pegwil

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 116
RE: Identify The Film - 12/11/2006 10:44:37 PM   
Peter A. Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTron

I saw a film ages ago, in it a croup of ghosts followed around a woman (i think) after they were killed in a bus (or was it a tram?) crash. Its really bugging me what this film was, i think it was late 80s early 90s.

Sounds like it could be the Robert Downey Jr. comedy, Heart and Souls (1993), also starring Charles Grodin and Kyra Sedgwick, but I'd double check with IMDb just to be sure... 

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

(in reply to TomTron)
Post #: 117
RE: Identify The Film - 13/11/2006 4:46:02 PM   
Iws

i believe it's called 'A Ma Soeur!' or' Fat Girl'. I've never seen it but it rang a bell as i remember reading an article on extreme european cinema and this was one of examples. 

(in reply to PEGWIL)
Post #: 118
RE: Identify The Film - 13/11/2006 8:58:52 PM   
PEGWIL

SUPERB THANK YOU VERY MUCH CHEERS MATE I AM NOLONGER STARING INSANITY IN THE FACE

(in reply to Iws)
Post #: 119
RE: Identify The Film - 14/11/2006 5:25:40 PM   
TomTron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter A. Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: TomTron

I saw a film ages ago, in it a group of ghosts followed around a woman (i think) after they were killed in a bus (or was it a tram?) crash. Its really bugging me what this film was, i think it was late 80s early 90s.

Sounds like it could be the Robert Downey Jr. comedy, Heart and Souls (1993), also starring Charles Grodin and Kyra Sedgwick, but I'd double check with IMDb just to be sure... 

That'll be the one, cheers Quinn!

(in reply to Peter A. Quinn)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI