Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Identify The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Identify The Film - 4/8/2006 2:25:09 PM   
tyuix

Dear All,
         this has been bugging me for a while now and I haven't been able to turn anything up on the web. OK, I saw this film at christmas on TV in the late Eighties, it's an animated film, about a boy in a spaceship with his father. They crash on a planet and the father gives the boy a Microphone, before he dies. The boy is too young to realise it's a communication device and thinks it's a living thing called "mic". Through it he talks to his fathers friends who try to find him. He also meets a friendly creature on the planet who takes him to a cave where the creature gets eaten by tentacle things and the boy loses "mic" in his escape. I believe it's Australian, or is at least voiced by Australian actors,
thanks in advance!

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 31
RE: Identify The Film - 7/8/2006 8:18:02 PM   
si_vincent

Tyuix, I believe we're looking for the same film!  Animated film -late seventies early eighties, boy and his father get seperated. Father meets a really old guy with a metal plate in his head? There are all sorts of insect and plant horrors trying to get them and in the end the kid gets injured underground as the old man with the metal plate dies on a spaceship with the father.
The kid is saved by...someone...but is so badly hurt he needs...a -metal plate in his head!- That's what made it stick in my mind..that somehow the son WAS the old man and the father had indeed found him but didn't realise, only to watch him die.

Damned if I can remember the name though or find it on the net. It's been driving me crazy for at least ten years trying to get info on it.

< Message edited by si_vincent -- 7/8/2006 9:42:32 PM >

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you. Then they fight you - and then you win. - Gandhi

(in reply to tyuix)
Post #: 32
RE: Identify The Film - 8/8/2006 1:15:16 AM   
si_vincent

Well, it appears a friend of mine on another forum got the one -I- was thinking of at least. 'Time Masters' , a french animation. Many thanks to Straydog for this link to some stills from the movie that I recognised straight away.

http://cubbi.org/temps/index.html

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you. Then they fight you - and then you win. - Gandhi

(in reply to si_vincent)
Post #: 33
RE: Identify The Film - 8/8/2006 8:46:28 AM   
tyuix

Fantastic! I thought it was "Time" something. Excellent,  excellent, excellent. Am still mystified as to why I can't find any trace of it on the web, will try again though. Many thanks!

(in reply to si_vincent)
Post #: 34
RE: Identify The Film - 8/8/2006 2:25:05 PM   
AnotherDayInParadise

A woman is on death row, and every time someone dies, a bell rings.
She makes a plan with the man who buries (?) them, and when the next person dies, she will escape, and hide in the coffin. Then, the man will come and let her out.
So she's in the coffin, and has been waiting for ages, so she lights a match, and sees the guy in the coffin next to her is the one who was supposed to let her out.

It was on TV a few years ago, I think.

< Message edited by AnotherDayInParadise -- 8/8/2006 2:40:19 PM >

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 35
RE: Identify The Film - 8/8/2006 5:19:04 PM   
deniseA

It's an episode from the updated Alfred Hitcock Presents series that ran in the mid eighties. The actual episode is called Final Escape and was part of the first season.

(in reply to AnotherDayInParadise)
Post #: 36
RE: Identify The Film - 10/8/2006 9:04:29 PM   
Captain Black

Smiley_ella would like to know:

quote:

Can anyone tell me a name of a film were theres an ice cream man whose daughter works in a bakery and he dies and she sings Ave Maria at his funeral?

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to deniseA)
Post #: 37
RE: Identify The Film - 11/8/2006 3:36:50 PM   
oblio

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

Smiley_ella would like to know:

quote:

Can anyone tell me a name of a film were theres an ice cream man whose daughter works in a bakery and he dies and she sings Ave Maria at his funeral?

The very awful VERY ANNIE MARY

Post #: 38
RE: Identify The Film - 12/8/2006 8:52:34 PM   
Captain Black

Ipbigmore would like to know:

quote:

It's about a woman that gets locked in a soundproof room (it's not Panic Room by the way) by a crazed madman. He does stuff like deliberately disabling her alarm so she's late for work. She manages to get help by throwing an SOS note to an old, passing stranger, but it's intercepted by the madman, who looks up at the window at her.

At the end, she manages to kill him by throwing him through some glass or some other.

I last watched it years ago, and would really like to know what it's called.

Can anyone shed some light?

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to oblio)
Post #: 39
RE: Identify The Film - 13/8/2006 10:45:25 PM   
dj vivace

There is a film that I have been trying to find for some time, so I'm posting this hoping that someone will be able to tell me the name. I think its a B-movie, and its about a women that buys a studio/apartment in a run down apartment and I think that there is a green all-seeing-eye in the top of one of the windows (I think that this had some kind of significance). There is a man who is good at carpentary or something who approaches the women and starts to redo the rundown apartment. They have a fling kind of I think, then it goes a bit weird and the women finds out that some people were killed in the apartment, and that in the apartment there are passage ways in the walls. The film comes to a head and the carpenter turns out to be a murderer and he has been spying on the women through these passage ways. Also when he's trying to kill her, steel shutters or something come down over the doorways trapping her in. Thats about all I remember and I really need to know what it is so my girlfriend can watch it again.   

you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

See more of my reviews here under the name Matt Wavish :
Horror Cult Film Reviews

Post #: 40
RE: Identify The Film - 14/8/2006 7:47:59 PM   
punchdrunk

quote:

ORIGINAL: AnotherDayInParadise

A woman is on death row, and every time someone dies, a bell rings.
She makes a plan with the man who buries (?) them, and when the next person dies, she will escape, and hide in the coffin. Then, the man will come and let her out.
So she's in the coffin, and has been waiting for ages, so she lights a match, and sees the guy in the coffin next to her is the one who was supposed to let her out.

It was on TV a few years ago, I think.

Sounds like "Buried alive" but some parts dont match up.

(in reply to AnotherDayInParadise)
Post #: 41
RE: Identify The Film - 15/8/2006 1:56:50 PM   
wood

People I need your help - this movie has been bugging me for years an I need to find out what it is...

It was probably from late 60s early 70s, and maybe set in the 40s or 50s. Donald Sutherland, or someone who looked a lot like him, played this kind of backwards guy. I think there was a travelling circus in there somewhere. A kid was always running around singing "Jeepers Creepers whered you get those peepers, jeepers creepers whered you get those eyes".

Theres a killer scene where the Sutherland character is outside a tenement house one night while a girl he really digs is inside making out with another guy and he can hear them. Sutherland (or whoever) gets incensed, the kid runs up and starts singing that crazy song. Sutherland decks the kid and jumps up and down on his back and we see the kid get all smashed up, scene goes on forever.

Its a pretty gruesome moment and I recall the whole movie being freaky in a kind of Lets Scare Jessica to Death extreme weird kind of way.

Anyone know this flick..? I been searching on google, but of course I keep getting Jeepers Creepers (2001 etc) hits.

A FEW YEARS FROM NOW

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 42
RE: Identify The Film - 15/8/2006 2:18:34 PM   
Peppermint

I know the one you mean and I looked on imdb for you to see if I could jog my memory as to the title.  Unfortunately I couldn't so sorry this isn't much help.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to wood)
Post #: 43
RE: Identify The Film - 15/8/2006 2:26:29 PM   
wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peppermint

I know the one you mean and I looked on imdb for you to see if I could jog my memory as to the title.  Unfortunately I couldn't so sorry this isn't much help.

Was it D.Sutherland do you recall?

A FEW YEARS FROM NOW

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 44
RE: Identify The Film - 15/8/2006 3:10:25 PM   
furrybastard

Could it be The Disappearance?

Do you remember anything else? What was the plot of the film or who esle was in it?

(in reply to wood)
Post #: 45
RE: Identify The Film - 15/8/2006 3:15:34 PM   
great_badir

Is it John Schlesinger's The Day Of The Locust??  Haven't seen it for years, but it sounds reminiscent.

And yes, Sutherland is in that.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 46
RE: Identify The Film - 15/8/2006 7:07:30 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

Is it John Schlesinger's The Day Of The Locust??  Haven't seen it for years, but it sounds reminiscent.

This is one of the titles I looked at and the description didn't seem right.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 47
RE: Identify The Film - 15/8/2006 8:00:56 PM   
wood

Thanks for your help - but its neither of those movies - Im coming to the conclusion that it doesnt star D.Sutherland, maybe an actor that reminded me of him. I must have been about 8 when I saw this movie, Im 36 now.

They key is that song, Jeepers Creepers - the kid is always singing it and tap-dancing in and out of scenes - you just know hes gotta get smashed to a horrid death at some point...

Its a very gritty realist movie - like a early polanski or Jessica (see my original post)...

A FEW YEARS FROM NOW

Post #: 48
RE: Identify The Film - 16/8/2006 7:48:56 AM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

This is one of the titles I looked at and the description didn't seem right.

I was thinking I couldn't remember a kid being jumped on!

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 49
RE: Identify The Film - 16/8/2006 9:31:09 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: wood

Thanks for your help - but its neither of those movies - Im coming to the conclusion that it doesnt star D.Sutherland, maybe an actor that reminded me of him. I must have been about 8 when I saw this movie, Im 36 now.

They key is that song, Jeepers Creepers - the kid is always singing it and tap-dancing in and out of scenes - you just know hes gotta get smashed to a horrid death at some point...

Its a very gritty realist movie - like a early polanski or Jessica (see my original post)...

Now you've done it.  I can remember the scene you described but cannot remember the name of the film.  This is going to nag me now.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to wood)
Post #: 50
RE: Identify The Film - 16/8/2006 10:44:02 PM   
wood

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia
Now you've done it.  I can remember the scene you described but cannot remember the name of the film.  This is going to nag me now.

Rest easy, son. During the early hours of this morning I conducted a hundred fruitless google searches before I finally found it. It is "Day of the Locust" by Schlesinger (apologies and total respect to great_badir):

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/locust/summary.html

"Tod watches as Homer sits on a bench near the crowd and Adore, a boy who lives in Homer's neighborhood, torments Homer from behind a tree, finally throwing a rock that hits Homer in the face. Homer gets up and chases the boy, stomping on Adore's back after the boy trips and falls."

Now I need to locate a copy on VHS and relive the nightmare...

A FEW YEARS FROM NOW

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 51
RE: Identify The Film - 17/8/2006 7:51:06 AM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: wood

apologies and total respect to great_badir

That's okay............................but I still don't remember a kid being jumped on.  Perhaps I should see it again too.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to wood)
Post #: 52
Does this film really exist? - 22/8/2006 2:05:18 AM   
fireboy

Many years ago I believe I saw a film. There is a picture burned into my brain. Please, someone, help me out of this nightmare and tell me if it really exists. here goes.

A maze like, death-trap infested place. Dark, silvery contraptions. A bit Mad Max Thunderdome. Perhaps shades of 'competition', or at least sport.

I don't remember much more about it, except perhaps there was a land yacht in the dessert near the end.

I saw the film 15-20 years ago on the TV, but it didn't look old when I saw it, so it was perhaps made in the early/mid eighties.

I am resigned to the fact that this will be rolling around in my brain till it ceases functioning.

I know this is scant information, but any suggestions would be warmly recieved.

Ta,
Fireboy.

Spielberg's Favouite Sun

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

(in reply to tyuix)
Post #: 53
RE: Does this film really exist? - 27/8/2006 12:00:27 AM   
Spartacus

I need help finding a title of a movie. The basic premise is about people going back through time for a holiday. There was no major celebrities in it and it was made in the 90's. It's not Timescape before anyone suggests.

Cheers

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to fireboy)
Post #: 54
RE: Does this film really exist? - 27/8/2006 1:10:19 AM   
Lebowski

quote:

ORIGINAL: fireboy

Many years ago I believe I saw a film. There is a picture burned into my brain. Please, someone, help me out of this nightmare and tell me if it really exists. here goes.

A maze like, death-trap infested place. Dark, silvery contraptions. A bit Mad Max Thunderdome. Perhaps shades of 'competition', or at least sport.

I don't remember much more about it, except perhaps there was a land yacht in the dessert near the end.

I saw the film 15-20 years ago on the TV, but it didn't look old when I saw it, so it was perhaps made in the early/mid eighties.

I am resigned to the fact that this will be rolling around in my brain till it ceases functioning.

I know this is scant information, but any suggestions would be warmly recieved.

Ta,
Fireboy.

Salute of the Jugger, with Rutger Hauer?

My Top 100 watched from 2006 on - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=1121772&mpage=1&key=&NID=0#1159794

DVD Profiler - http://www.intervocative.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Barbapapa

(in reply to fireboy)
Post #: 55
RE: Identify The Film - 30/8/2006 11:50:15 PM   
wood

After your awesome and resounding success with Day of the Locust, I got a couple of more. This one is like a late 70s maybe even early 80s made for TV movie (it didnt have much of a cinema vibe to it) and may have starred Andy Robinson (of Dirty Harry fame) but not sure (and Ive checked his IMDB file). The story revolved around cats, fear of cats, it may have even been told as 4 separate tales related by this theme. The one that sticks in my memory has this Andy Robinson character as a furniture removal man who has a phobia about cats which is related to a childhood incident he experienced when a cat jumped onto his pram and stalked up the blanket he was sleeping under and sucked the breath out of his body (as per folktales).

Anyway, later in life the guy is hired on as a removal guy and goes round to this old womans apartment, with his pal, and its full of cats, and it scares the behejeseus outta him.

I kind of lose it at that point. Its not terribly scary or anything.

Okay, the next stars Steve McQueen (I think, and again Ive checked) and Andy Robinson (ditto) as itinerant stock car racers [edit: Im now sure they were motorcycle racers of some description], travelling around the midwest from meet to meet, set in the 40s/50s, prolly made in the late 60s.

They pick up nude hippy hitch-hikers etc etc and generally lead the good life of road movie freedom but I think it all ends in tragedy.

Any takers on these 2?

< Message edited by wood -- 31/8/2006 12:04:22 AM >

A FEW YEARS FROM NOW

Post #: 56
RE: Identify The Film - 31/8/2006 1:04:24 PM   
great_badir

The cat one vaguely reminds me of a (old) New Twilight Zone episode from the 80s, and Andy Robinson was in two of them, but neither come with much in the way of a description on IMDB, except in one of them he's JFK, so it obviously ain't that.

As for the Steve McQueen one, there are two that spring to mind but I'm not certain of either one (and neither of them feature Andy Robinson) - the obvious one is Le Mans, but no bikes in that.  So it COULD be mediocre revenge flick Dixie Dynamite with Warren Oates - McQueen did appear in that (on a bike), but I've not seen it for an age and according to IMDB it was only a very brief cameo. 

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to wood)
Post #: 57
RE: Identify The Film - 1/9/2006 1:50:35 AM   
fatpenguinboy

Hi to all film fans out there
Please please please help me identify a film from my childhood. Unfortunately my memories of it are pretty vague as it is from the early to mid 80's and i've not seen it since then:

As far as i remember it's a type of Jackie chan style martial arts adventure film set possibly in the far east and the only thing i can remember is the image of radio controlled cars being used by the baddies and i have faint memories of the hero in a chase sequence on a motorbike, and maybe the radio controlled model cars containing explosives, (i've got this picture in my head of these little cars chasing something down a street zig zagging all over the place) 

May i apologise in advance if my memory is letting me down in any of the above points.
Any help identifying this film would be greatly appreciated as nobody i've ever spoken to can remember any of the things i've described in any film they've ever seen so please do me a favour and prove it to me that i've not dreamt the whole thing up
...................help me out before the men in white coats come knocking at my door....................... 

Post #: 58
RE: Identify The Film - 1/9/2006 5:38:09 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

The only film I remember that uses remote-controlled cars to kill people was the Dirty Harry  flick, The Dead Pool(1989). The little explosive-laden car would drive under the victim's own car, and then Boom! Are you sure it was a martial-arts film?

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

(in reply to fatpenguinboy)
Post #: 59
RE: Identify The Film - 1/9/2006 3:39:04 PM   
great_badir

That would be Zujia Paidang, AKA Mad Mission, better AKA Aces Go Places.  No Jackie Chan, but it does feature comedy baldy Karl Maka (who was also in the My Lucky Stars films).

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Peter A. Quinn)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Identify The Film Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI