Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Name The Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Name The Film Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Name The Film - 19/6/2006 9:43:56 PM   
Captain Black

We often get posts asking for films to be named/identified, in some instances descriptions are quite vague and they often quickly drift on to the next page, usually lost in the mix of the forum. If you do have a film you'd like named then please put in in this thread and be as decriptive as possible.

The existing 'name the film' threads can stay open for the time being, but if we could just stick to one thread from now on it would keep the forum tidier and will probably help naming the films in the long term as well.

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 22/12/2006 4:53:52 PM >

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]
Post #: 1
RE: Identify The Film - 24/6/2006 6:21:48 PM  1 votes
princessa

I watched this movie ages ago.  Its a straight to vid one.  Two teenage brothers who live in New York get into trouble and are sent by their mother to live with their father in the Florida Keyes.  One of them gets involved with a girl who is part of some gang. 

Unfortunately i cannot remember anymore than that i'm afraid.

I HOPE I'VE POSTED THIS IN THE RIGHT THREAD!!!!

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 2
RE: Identify The Film - 28/6/2006 4:07:56 PM   
red till i am dead

hi i am looking for the title of a film, i dont know who stared in it or what it was about and all i can remember about it was someone being electrocuted  in a kitchen whilst stood in some spilt milk. the film was out in cinemas in about 1987 or 1988.

sorry to be so vague but its the first film i saw with my wife( not that i saw much of it lol) and it has bugged me for a long long time

it wasnt a horror film as far as i can remember it was an accident she got electocuted.

Post #: 3
RE: Identify The Film - 28/6/2006 9:19:28 PM   
mikeyone

quote:

ORIGINAL: red till i am dead

hi i am looking for the title of a film, i dont know who stared in it or what it was about and all i can remember about it was someone being†electrocuted††in a kitchen whilst stood in some spilt milk. the film was out in cinemas in about 1987 or 1988.

sorry to be so vague but its the first film i saw with my wife( not that i saw much of it lol)†and it has bugged me for a long long time

it wasnt a horror film as far as i can remember it was an accident she got electocuted.

the film is , i think, called The Believers starring martin sheen and about voodoo or some cult. quite vividly remember that scene.

Mikeyone.

(in reply to red till i am dead)
Post #: 4
RE: Identify The Film - 30/6/2006 5:22:09 PM   
fattaxi

I'm looking for a french film about this guy who meets and old school "friend" at a serivce station whilst on his way to the holiday home, he invites him back and systemtically he kills everyone apart from his mate. I watched this on channel 4 a couple of years ago quite late so forgive me if it is too vauge.

(in reply to mikeyone)
Post #: 5
RE: Identify The Film - 8/7/2006 4:25:02 PM   
vera zorina

Hi, I'm looking for the title of an old movie, possibly the 50's. It starts with a woman having car trouble, either an accident or a break-down. She goes to a big house for help. After a while she becomes suspicious of the people in the house and she thinks they want to harm her. It turns out the house was an asylum where she was being treated and the others were doctors and staff. Can anyone help with this movie?

(in reply to fattaxi)
Post #: 6
RE: Identify The Film - 12/7/2006 5:19:33 PM   
matthewforan

HI i remember seeing this trailer it was some sort of lizard/monster/beast/alien thing and the words PREY flashed on the screen every few seconds. It has stuck in my memory since i saw it which was some time ago. If anyone can name it i'd be very thankful.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to vera zorina)
Post #: 7
RE: Identify The Film - 12/7/2006 9:35:41 PM   
Rory Calhoun

Hi there vera zorina! Yes, I remember seeing this movie a couple of years ago. Although, I'm afraid, I just can't remember the name of it! Sorry I can't help you with the title, but now you've got me wondering too. I'm sure someone here can help though. Someone please enlighten us.... What is the name of this movie?!

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 8
RE: Identify The Film - 17/7/2006 8:50:20 PM   
brfcsc

Hi everyone. This is my first time posting. I really need to know the title of this film. The plot is...
A typical good looking high school lad is punished and had to appear in the school play. He asks a geeky girl (who is in the church choir) to help him learn his lines. She agrees on the condition that he does not fall in love with her. Enevitably this happens. It turns out she has cancer. The girl has a list of "to do" things before she dies, and he helps her accomplish this. One particular wish was to be in two places at once, which happens when she stands on either side of a border of two states. Eventually she dies .
Her father was the local minister and he says his daughter received a miracle by falling in love with this guy.
This is about all I can remember, if anyone knows the film title I would really, really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance

Post #: 9
RE: Identify The Film - 18/7/2006 9:33:29 AM   
Seymour

Hi brfcsc

I believe this would be "A Walk to Remember"

(in reply to brfcsc)
Post #: 10
RE: Identify The Film - 18/7/2006 9:59:08 PM   
MichaelMIKE

Hey, I too quest for the title of a film. I can tell you a lot about the plot but thatís itÖ

Itís set over a summer break for some high school kids or maybe college kids. From what I can remember itís mostly set on the one street where the characters live. Our hero is in love with one of his neighbours and is attempting to swoon her by camping out on her lawn every single night to prove his love. Seems a dodgy tactic in retrospect but I think that was his plan.

I distinctly remember a character who I assume is his best mate. Heís sex obsessed but lacks a woman to have sex with. At one point he spends all day looking after a watermelon, giving it some loving care before he has sex with it that night. After the watermelon he buys a machine that electrocutes him and he worries heíll never get an erection again.

The girl has a jock boyfriend who is a general cock and stuffs his underwear to make his package look good. The protagonist has a grandfather I think, one night heís giving him some plot turning advise while they both share a piss in someoneís flower bed.

It naturally ends with him getting it on with the woman he wantsÖ I think, and youíll be pleased to know his mate does get an erection again. It was basically a teen sex comedy, though probably without as much sex as todayís, Iím getting the feeling it was an eighties movie, though it could be early nineties.

Itís probably a piece of shit, but I watched it when I was 13 or something and enjoyed it then. Please help!!!!

Post #: 11
RE: Identify The Film - 18/7/2006 10:33:09 PM   
rick_7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seymour

Hi brfcsc

*shudder*

*Wendy Hiller fanboy*

Blog: DJANGO! DUMBO! DESPICABLE ME 2! Plus: other stuff.

"Nothin's really been right since Sam the Lion died."

(in reply to Seymour)
Post #: 12
RE: Identify The Film - 19/7/2006 9:41:52 AM   
Seymour

quote:

ORIGINAL: rick_7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seymour

Hi brfcsc

*shudder*

Can I point out that I've never actually seen this film!!
I  simply typed "movie, high school and cancer" into Google and there it was. 

You do believe me don't you? 

(in reply to rick_7)
Post #: 13
RE: Identify The Film - 19/7/2006 10:18:00 AM   
jesseLujack

quote:

ORIGINAL: matthewforan

HI i remember seeing this trailer it was some sort of lizard/monster/beast/alien thing and the words PREY flashed on the screen every few seconds. It has stuck in my memory since i saw it which was some time ago. If anyone can name it i'd be very thankful.

There is a new computer game for the xbox 360 out, called PREY that features Alien/Lizard things, it could have been an advert for this that you saw

Can I ask you one single, impulsive question? Are you in love at the present moment? I'm not the type of guy to impede on another man's happiness but if the answer is "No" I'd like to continue with my rhapsody. Has anybody ever told you that you glide?

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 14
RE: Identify The Film - 21/7/2006 12:16:28 PM   
trussedfund

It used to be on every christmas in the early eighties.  It was a puppet movie (where a lot of the puppets were blokes in suits so I guess not puppets at all) set in a fantasy setting.

The main good guy was a kind of cream and orange dragon/fantasy bagpuss.  All I can really remember is that at the end of the film, fantasy bagpuss is in a great hall in some bavarian style castle being roasted on a spit with an apple in its mouth.  The other good guys turn up to rescue him.

They made King Kong didnt they? A film about a giant monkey trying to force himself on a very small woman but when I submit a script about a man played by me, who tries to force himself on a very small monkey, they said audiences would find it distasteful

(in reply to jesseLujack)
Post #: 15
RE: Identify The Film - 22/7/2006 12:43:39 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

Not H.R.Puffnstuff  by any chance? Sounds suspiciously like that Sid'n'Marty Kroft production of yore...

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

(in reply to trussedfund)
Post #: 16
RE: Identify The Film - 22/7/2006 4:50:10 PM   
Kenny

C Burkill said -

I recently caught the end of TV programme where a director was telling people about his favourite films, the film he was talking about looked really good, but they never mentioned the name of the film while i was watching!!! (and i can't remember the names of any of the actors).

The plot goes something like this: A man is in bed with his wife and he cant please her in bed at all, it cuts to him lieing on his side very depressed as she patronisingly pats him on the back saying 'its ok' over and over. He cant handle it and kills her. He goes to prison and while he's in his cell he physically changes into someone else, looks completely different. He gets out, gets involved with some gangsters and cant resist the top gangsters girl, so he ends up killing the top gangster to have her, but is once again failure in bed and she says to him 'you'll never have me'.

I know its a long shot, but its driving me mad and I really want to know what this film is called so I can watch it! Any ideas?????

- Yes, The film is called Lost Highway and is by David Lynch, it is also one of my favourite films of all time! Its on a 2 disc special edition dvd

Well Ive Had a Lovely Evening But This Wasnt It! - Groucho Marx

(in reply to Peter A. Quinn)
Post #: 17
RE: Identify The Film - 22/7/2006 6:57:12 PM   
MichaelMIKE

yeah, i got my answer now... this board is pretty bad for a subject like this. i posted on the imdb message boards for questions and got a pretty sharp reply. So if your having no luck here, cruise over there. More people use it so there's a better chance of getting your answer. thanks though.

Post #: 18
RE: Identify The Film - 24/7/2006 12:24:51 PM   
trussedfund

quote:

Not H.R.Puffnstuff  by any chance? Sounds suspiciously like that Sid'n'Marty Kroft production of yore...

Cheers for that I looked it up and you were right.

Thats another thing on the list of stuff I didn't just imagine and then think was real.  Phew.

Thanks

They made King Kong didnt they? A film about a giant monkey trying to force himself on a very small woman but when I submit a script about a man played by me, who tries to force himself on a very small monkey, they said audiences would find it distasteful

(in reply to MichaelMIKE)
Post #: 19
RE: Identify The Film - 24/7/2006 1:47:41 PM   
Shipman

I don't think this film has even been released yet, but hey!

It was featured in Empire mag as a highlight of Sundance (?) and was about a woman who was repeatedly forced to relive her own murder until she could work out why.

Title requested and any pointers about it's release.

Thanks

(in reply to trussedfund)
Post #: 20
RE: Identify The Film - 24/7/2006 1:49:47 PM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shipman

I don't think this film has even been released yet, but hey!

It was featured in Empire mag as a highlight of Sundance (?) and was about a woman who was repeatedly forced to relive her own murder until she could work out why.

Title requested and any pointers about it's release.

Thanks

Isn't that The Lovely Bones? I don't know about a release date for it, sorry.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Shipman)
Post #: 21
RE: Identify The Film - 24/7/2006 1:57:24 PM   
Shipman

Nope - definately a different plot. I'd go look through my back issues but my wife made me clear them out.

Edit: Finally! It was called 'Salvage'. Reviews aren't too good though...

< Message edited by Shipman -- 24/7/2006 2:11:55 PM >

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 22
RE: Identify The Film - 31/7/2006 6:13:41 PM   
malamatijm

I'm looking for a film set in America, and there is  a scene where they are harvesting crops, a man accidently gets his arm caught in the engine belt and shredded. There was also a scene involing a tornado (perhaps the same scene). It was definately not Twister. Been trying to remember the name for years.

Perry: He called her a... well, a bad word.

[pause]

Perry: Cunt.

(in reply to Shipman)
Post #: 23
RE: Identify The Film - 1/8/2006 9:30:36 PM   
Mason Verger

Hi, can anyone remember the name of a film that follows a guy who'd recently died and is at the junction or station or in between world where he has to account for his life. One of those who'd good enough to go upstairs movie, but also he meets a girl, and falls for her. By the end there's a big scene with lots of buses bound for heaven. Bugger if I can remember it though. I tried the Heaven Can Wait movies, both of them, but that's not it. Grrr. Anyway, if you know, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks.

LordOfRuin

< Message edited by LordOfRuin -- 31/7/2006 10:16:28 PM >

Hearts And Souls (1993)

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to malamatijm)
Post #: 24
RE: Identify The Film - 2/8/2006 12:22:17 AM   
Peter A. Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mason Verger

Hi, can anyone remember the name of a film that follows a guy who'd recently died and is at the junction or station or in between world where he has to account for his life. One of those who'd good enough to go upstairs movie, but also he meets a girl, and falls for her. By the end there's a big scene with lots of buses bound for heaven. Bugger if I can remember it though. I tried the Heaven Can Wait movies, both of them, but that's not it. Grrr. Anyway, if you know, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks.

LordOfRuin

< Message edited by LordOfRuin -- 31/7/2006 10:16:28 PM >

Hearts And Souls (1993)

I'm thinking it's maybe the Albert Brooks/Meryl Streep afterlife comedy Defending Your Life (1991)-it sounds an awful lot like it...

This city is afraid of me. I have seen it's true face.

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 25
RE: Identify The Film - 2/8/2006 12:49:28 AM   
directorscut

I recall a film that was showcased on Film 200? with Wossy - it was an Asian film with a scene based around a situation (bomb? hostages?) on a bus. The film was three hours long and I recall saying it has a very The Insider look to it (2.35:1) --- which means it definitely came out after 2000. I always wanted to check it out but I can't remember the name!

Anyone?!

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Peter A. Quinn)
Post #: 26
RE: Identify The Film - 2/8/2006 1:10:49 AM   
iamnotamoviestar1

ok heres a film i always remember but dont know what the heck it is, as far as i can remember its about a scientist or group of them who invent a machine to catch peoples souls after they die at the end a boy dies whilst hooked up to the machine and gets trapped in it, all hell breaks lose, then somebody realises how they are messing with nature or something to that point and destroys the machine setting the boy free - sure i watched it in the early 90's on sky movies so its probably some dodgy sci-fi film that about 10 people have watched but id be interested to see if anyone has at least a recollection of the film if not the title!

Post #: 27
RE: Identify The Film - 2/8/2006 11:52:27 AM   
Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: iamnotamoviestar1

ok heres a film i always remember but dont know what the heck it is, as far as i can remember its about a scientist or group of them who invent a machine to catch peoples souls after they die at the end a boy dies whilst hooked up to the machine and gets trapped in it, all hell breaks lose, then somebody realises how they are messing with nature or something to that point and destroys the machine setting the boy free - sure i watched it in the early 90's on sky movies so its probably some dodgy sci-fi film that about 10 people have watched but id be interested to see if anyone has at least a recollection of the film if not the title!

Is it this one?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085271/

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to iamnotamoviestar1)
Post #: 28
RE: Identify The Film - 2/8/2006 5:28:45 PM   
iamnotamoviestar1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peppermint

quote:

ORIGINAL: iamnotamoviestar1

Is it this one?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085271/

nah i dont think so although that looks like a bit of an 80's jem!. This film was probably more late 80's early 90's kind of lawnmower man-ish and more about the paranormal aspect of what happens to your energy when you die and your spirit and stuff!
but cheers for looking, i tried on imdb as well but came up with nothing!! 

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 29
RE: Identify The Film - 3/8/2006 1:41:34 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

I recall a film that was showcased on Film 200? with Wossy - it was an Asian film with a scene based around a situation (bomb? hostages?) on a bus. The film was three hours long and I recall saying it has a very The Insider look to it (2.35:1) --- which means it definitely came out after 2000. I always wanted to check it out but I can't remember the name!

Anyone?!

My first thought was Ikinai (where all of the bus passengers are there to commit suicide), but then remembered the ultra-languid Yureka (AKA Eureka) - nearly four hours long, very widescreen (haven't seen it since it came out, but I'm fairly sure it was in 2.40:1) with an unusual and ever changing colour pallet.  It's about a bus hijacked by a nutty businessman who's basically reached the end of his tether.  Opens with the fury and violence of the guy taking hold of the bus in minutes, then spends the rest of the film playing out the siege in what seems like real time.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Name The Film Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI