Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Still Game (Tonight at 9pm on BBC2)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Still Game (Tonight at 9pm on BBC2) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Still Game (Tonight at 9pm on BBC2) - 18/6/2006 9:47:36 PM   
TobiasFunke

This excellent Scottish comedy returns for a new series (its fifth) tomorrow night (Monday 19th June) in its shiny new timeslot of 9pm on BBC2! Any fans here? Or is this thread doomed to vanish into the annals of time?  Post your favourite characters, episodes, quotes etc if your a fan; and if your a newbie to the show, watch it tomorrow night!

< Message edited by TobiasFunke -- 24/7/2006 8:10:59 PM >

Bill Maher: Herbert Hoover was a shitty President but even he didn't concede an entire metropolis to rising water and snakes!
Post #: 1
RE: Still Game - 18/6/2006 10:09:39 PM   
Indio

Looking forward to it, about time it got shown at a decent time of night

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to TobiasFunke)
Post #: 2
RE: Still Game - 18/6/2006 10:26:07 PM   
hongkongphooey

I love Winston - he's my favourite character, especially when he's talking to Isa. "Added on drivel" ..........

Didn't rate last series much to be honest, so I'm hoping this one is better. Great it is getting shown nationwide this time round, though I'm not sure what the English make of it at all.

Post #: 3
RE: Still Game - 18/6/2006 10:49:14 PM   
Brick_Tamland

Its got to be Navid for me, and judging from the trailers this series has even more of the grumpy bastard with his "beloved" Mina.

"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I enjoy ice cream and a nice pair of slacks. Years later, a doctor will tell me I have an I.Q. of 48 and that I am considered mentally retarded."

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 4
RE: Still Game - 19/6/2006 9:39:56 AM   
TobiasFunke

I wasn't a big fan of the last series either, although I think it improved significantly in the last two episodes. The previews for this series bode well, with guest appearances by Scots comedy legend Dorothy Paul and some fun storylines ahead, such as Navid having the 'male menopause' and trying to act and dress as a younger man  My favourite character is probably Winston, as his schemes inevitably end in disaster.  

Bill Maher: Herbert Hoover was a shitty President but even he didn't concede an entire metropolis to rising water and snakes!

(in reply to Brick_Tamland)
Post #: 5
RE: Still Game - 19/6/2006 10:03:15 AM   
Iaian

Can't wait for it tonight. This show truely is genuis.

Currently watching: Homeland, Sons of Anarchy, Revolution, The Walking Dead, The Americans, Blue Bloods, Breaking Bad, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Raising Hope, South Park.

Post #: 6
RE: Still Game - 19/6/2006 12:36:13 PM   
HailTheDude

Glad to see it back. One of the best comedies on the go at the moment

What do you do for recreation?
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashbacks

(in reply to Iaian)
Post #: 7
RE: Still Game - 19/6/2006 1:01:18 PM   
Dragonfall 5

Never even seen it.  Sounds vaguely interesting though.  I'll give it a go.

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

(in reply to HailTheDude)
Post #: 8
RE: Still Game - 19/6/2006 3:59:58 PM   
steffols

Love this show. The best dynamic has got to be Boaby and Jack and Victor. The insults are fabulous

Isa is brilliant as well, I really can't single out a character because the are all so fabulous.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 9
RE: Still Game - 19/6/2006 7:58:08 PM   
KennyM

Should really open my eyes and spot the threads on these forums  Sorry Mods

Glad to have it back and although the last series wasn't as good as the first two its still my favourite comedy show just now. Jack and Victors put downs to Boaby make me piss myself and Navid is a comedy genius. If you haven't seen it you should give it a bash. It may not be to everyones tastes but if you're a fan of non-pc comedy you'll probably love it

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 10
RE: Still Game - 19/6/2006 9:39:37 PM   
TobiasFunke

Excellent first episode imo; it was great to see a dangling plotline (Stevie the bookie running off with Winston's winnings) being resolved. I laughed out loud on a couple of occasions, particularly Winston's leg going through the window  My one and only problem with the episode: No Isa! All in all, a great start to the new series!

(in reply to KennyM)
Post #: 11
RE: Still Game - 19/6/2006 9:42:45 PM   
KennyM

Isa will turn up, dont worry about that. Looks like a return to form, Jack and Victor were good in the distillery and some of the one liners were first class. Navid steals every scene he's in though!

Post #: 12
RE: Still Game - 19/6/2006 10:29:56 PM   
hongkongphooey

My favourite bits were when Winston punched the horse, and when he kicked his leg out of the window. He's still my favourite by miles. :)

(in reply to KennyM)
Post #: 13
RE: Still Game - 20/6/2006 11:03:22 AM   
munro7

The wanted poster.

Wanted, deid or deid

Theiving p***k

Brilliant.

It's only funny till someone loses an eye.

Post #: 14
RE: Still Game - 20/6/2006 12:20:01 PM   
HailTheDude

Excellant episode last night.
Winston stealing the show.

What do you do for recreation?
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashbacks

(in reply to munro7)
Post #: 15
RE: Still Game - 20/6/2006 10:15:54 PM   
TobiasFunke

Isa returns next week!  Radio Times description:

A Fresh Lick

When Jack and Victor volunteer to redecorate Isa's living room the alterations go a lot further than planned. Bobby's video collection contains a guilty secret.

Edit: For anyone who missed the first episode (such as frankj) then I bring good news: its repeated on BBC1 this Friday at 10.45pm! 

< Message edited by TobiasFunke -- 21/6/2006 10:04:53 AM >

(in reply to HailTheDude)
Post #: 16
RE: Still Game - 26/6/2006 10:37:31 AM   
TobiasFunke

Bump!
I've edited the thread name as a reminder that the show is on tonight on BBC2 at 9pm. I'm amazed at the amount of people who I've spoken to who have talked about watching it but forgot it was on!

Post #: 17
RE: Still Game - 26/6/2006 8:23:35 PM   
Indio

About the only decent thing on tonight, I'm starting to suffer football overkill and to be honest, Saxondale looks like a crock o'shite.

'Think about the future.'

Post #: 18
RE: Still Game - 27/6/2006 9:59:49 AM   
The Seed

I thought last nights episode was very funny. The highlights being Jack, Victor, & Winston wrecking Isa's flat, and Jack & Victor in the Hardware store trying to find the Paint guy, "...I'm laminate flooring"  

Next weeks episode looks very promising also, they seem to be doing a Deliverance parody, with Neds instead of Yokels. Can't wait.

< Message edited by The Seed -- 27/6/2006 10:01:20 AM >

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 19
RE: Still Game - 27/6/2006 2:20:13 PM   
TobiasFunke

I agree, it was a very good episode and based on this and episode one, it looks like the show is back on top form. The scenes in Isa's flat were farce of the best kind and the Boaby storyline was good fun. My favourite moments were Tam's reaction to watching the video, and the bit where Victor bores the guy who is doing the powertool demonstration.  The Deliverance spoof looks great!

(in reply to The Seed)
Post #: 20
RE: Still Game - 3/7/2006 6:55:28 PM   
TobiasFunke

Just a reminder folks that tonights episode is on BBC2 at 9pm. The plot focuses on Victors birthday celebrations, a pleasant boat trip with Jack and Winston that quickly turns into the plot of Deliverance...

Post #: 21
RE: Still Game - 3/7/2006 7:46:35 PM   
hongkongphooey

Looking forward to it :) Looks funny.

Post #: 22
RE: Still Game - 3/7/2006 9:52:49 PM   
Amelie_Scotland

great episode today
Deliverance sendup was just hilarious!
anybody else notice that the head NED was The Raven from the TV show...?

I'm clean, I'm conscientious and I travel with my own tits.

You may not be able to change the world, but at least you can embarrass the guilty.

Post #: 23
RE: Still Game - 4/7/2006 1:02:17 PM   
TobiasFunke

I really enjoyed last night's episode, another cracker and one that makes me think this could be the best series yet of Still Game. The increasingly ludicrous trip down the river (the best bit being the bathing beauty blowing them a kiss) was great, as was the bickering amongst Jack and Victor, and the run in with the neds. It was also nice to see Navid being kind to Meena for once!   

(in reply to Amelie_Scotland)
Post #: 24
RE: Still Game - 5/7/2006 12:35:48 AM   
frankj

quote:

ORIGINAL: TobiasFunke

Isa returns next week!  Radio Times description:

A Fresh Lick

When Jack and Victor volunteer to redecorate Isa's living room the alterations go a lot further than planned. Bobby's video collection contains a guilty secret.

Edit: For anyone who missed the first episode (such as frankj) then I bring good news: its repeated on BBC1 this Friday at 10.45pm! 

Cheers for the mention, Tobias!

"And if they try to stop us Seaweed, we'll call the end of a lacy pea..."

Post #: 25
RE: Still Game - 5/7/2006 11:46:16 AM   
Revenant

I really dont understand why the BBC dont push this more.  Its the funniest comedy series they have shown in years. 

Im not suprised people forget its on, its not exactly well advertised.  I didnt even know there was a new series I only found out at the last minute.  Is it better promoted in Scotland?

(in reply to frankj)
Post #: 26
RE: Still Game - 5/7/2006 10:16:17 PM   
TobiasFunke

It really isn't promoted very well at all in Scotland. There is the occassional trailer for the next episode but they are very seldom. Nevertheless, it attracts between one and two million viewers and its critically acclaimed too so despite the poor advertising people are watching. And rightfully so, as its the best Scottish comedy series in years (not a difficult task, admittedly, to outdo Snoddy and Athletico Partick) and one of the best new sitcoms made in Britain since 2000.

(in reply to Revenant)
Post #: 27
RE: Still Game - 5/7/2006 11:02:29 PM   
The Seed

It's pretty much my highlight of the week at the moment, as far as TV goes. It really saddens me to see how much more attention Saxondale is getting from the TV media. Just the fact that it's Steve Coogan makes it's high profile, but it's really not that fantastic a programme, and (I think) pales in comparison to the latest series of Still Game, humour wise.

It's strange that they haven't shown a preview yet of the upcoming show, but from the little I understand it centres on the Clansman being selected to feature on a documentary about Britainís hardest bubs, forcing the locals to put on hard man act for the cameras. It should be another good un, hopefully they'll end up staging a fight or something.      

Post #: 28
RE: Still Game - 6/7/2006 7:13:02 AM   
hongkongphooey

According to digiguide,
quote:

SITCOM: Still Game
On: BBC 2 Scotland (102)   
Date: Monday 10th July 2006 (starting in 4 days)
Time: 21:00 to 21:30 (30 minutes long)

Hard Nuts.
Scottish sitcom. The television crew which makes Blighty's Hardest Pubs drops by the Clansman and Boabby foolishly promises them all the action they can handle. Meanwhile, Navid is suffering a mid-life crisis involving gambling, hair dye and bad dancing.

This season's proving to be the best yet so far :)

(in reply to The Seed)
Post #: 29
RE: Still Game - 10/7/2006 8:44:10 PM   
TobiasFunke

Just a reminder all that tonight's Still Game is on BBC2 at 9pm. Tonight's episode sees a documentary filmed at The Clansman and Navid having a mid-life crisis! 

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Still Game (Tonight at 9pm on BBC2) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI