Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Office: Yankified!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Office: Yankified!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 30/11/2006 10:19:44 PM   
emily1212

I've been getting into this and though I still think it's not as good as the original version, I like it.

I just hope it doesn't go on for too much longer as it already seems a little tired.

Just the eight pints for me last night, then. Oh, no! "Team leader and boss in drunken night out." Shock! horror! Going out with Oggy tomorrow night, then. That'll be be a quiet night in at the library... not!

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 61
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 1/12/2006 12:16:56 AM   
Art Vandelay

As one of the biggest Comedies currently on TV, i wouldn't count on it...

...But i ain't complaining.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to emily1212)
Post #: 62
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 5/12/2006 8:30:32 PM   
punchdrunk

Just saw Season 3's the Merger great to see Jim being given the power over Pam, his new Italian Girlfriend is great,

(Rashida Jones)
I prefer the American version.

Any news on series 4? 

< Message edited by punchdrunk -- 5/12/2006 9:07:07 PM >

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 63
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 6/12/2006 12:25:44 AM   
furrybastard

think there are 22 episodes in total for season 3 so a decision for a fourth season is unlikely to have been made yet. Saying that, Steve Carrell may eventually go out of their price range if Evan Almighty is a big hit!

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 64
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 6/12/2006 4:35:37 PM   
punchdrunk

Ah i see "the merger" wasnt the last episode of the series. i've got a few more to see of series 3.

Post #: 65
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 6/12/2006 5:39:40 PM   
K84

What I like about the show is that it has taken the same basic outline and has made a series that stands up with its British counterpart!! The episode with the Xmas gifts and the last ep on ITV2 on the boat were both laugh out loud funny!!! I really really like this show, and to be honest, I prefer it to the British version, although, the US would never have created such a comedy if not for the genius of Gervais and Merchant!! Carell as Michael is one of the great comedy characters, great supporting cast as well!!!

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 66
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 11/12/2006 9:46:07 PM   
punchdrunk

Spoiler Season 3 Episode 9:

Just saw this the people at the office become jealous of a ex-con who served time for insider trading that prison is better than the office, Michael gets upset by this and decides to do a "shock you straight" style visit (as if there a bunch of high school kids) His tants to the Temp are great in a New york gang member voice "and You well you'd be the belle of the ball" *puckers kisses at him*  great stuff and Steve Carrell seems like he's on less of an Ego trip than when Ricky Gervaice plays David Brent.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

(in reply to K84)
Post #: 67
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 11/12/2006 10:30:32 PM   
Art Vandelay

Yeah, brilliant episode. Here's hoping that Ricky & Steve go on to write some more episodes.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 68
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 12/12/2006 3:29:46 PM   
wandering starr

The American version is great, so much better than I expected it to be.  It really has taken on its own life.

Sundays episode was really good, with Michael burning his foot on a grill.

(in reply to emily1212)
Post #: 69
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 12/12/2006 5:41:35 PM   
Venkman

I do like the American Office, and its good to see characters have created something new, e.g. Dwight is a different type of person to Gareth yet the geeky traits remain (Gareth is a lot more likeable than Dwight). The Pam and Jim storyline is superb and at least on par with the Tim and Dawn storyline and Michael Scott is a good character, sometimes a little too unrealistic but good. It will always be in the shadow of its British counterpart however due to the genius of Ricky Gervais's David Brent. It would be interesting to find out who American people find better, Michael Scott or David Brent?

(in reply to wandering starr)
Post #: 70
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 16/12/2006 5:23:28 PM   
punchdrunk

Possible Spoilers for Series 3. Episode 11:
Christmas special was great extended so the pace wasnt hurried as it should never be with the Office the awkward quiet moments
are as important as the random chaos, Angela getting beaten was great to see (knowing people like this) but also it was a great show
of character strength that Pam relents at the end, If they are thinking of getting Pam and Jim together hopefully they make his new
relationship with the new girl last for a while she's a nice character.

Ed Helms creating a rival for Dwight over Michael's attention is great to see even though i think the character hasn't yet found his footing.

The last time we see Michael i would like to think he was asking Jan to go on holiday with him, but knowing the show it's probley his mother.  

(in reply to Venkman)
Post #: 71
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 22/12/2006 7:30:29 PM   
punchdrunk

Is that it? or are they having a break like every other show? it's annoying that all the good shows are taking a break over christmas!

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 72
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 22/12/2006 8:31:52 PM   
Heywood

Looks like the next episode is on next Thursday in the US. I loved the Christmas episode. Pam and Karen teaming up against Angela was great as was Michael's bros and hos speech. He was also funny when he couldn't tell which waitress was his date and when he was mournfully listening to James Blunt over and over on the music download sample. As for Dwight's "CIA" mission...

I hope Karen stays around for awhile too. She is a fun character and is more sympathetic than her equivalent Rachel in the UK series. I guess they will drag out Jim and Pam getting together for a while yet.

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 73
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 22/12/2006 8:51:16 PM   
punchdrunk

I've gone off Pam since Karens come on the scene 

The Goose at the start was fantastic, it's so creepy the way dwight refers to his family as "We Shrutes" like there a cult or newbreed.

(in reply to Heywood)
Post #: 74
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 22/12/2006 9:09:50 PM   
Heywood

quote:

ORIGINAL: punchdrunk

I've gone off Pam since Karens come on the scene 

I know what you mean; I still think Jenna Fischer is wonderful as Pam, but Rashida Jones certainly adds something to the show (plus it's pretty cool that she's Quincy Jones's daughter).

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 75
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 12/1/2007 2:37:51 PM   
punchdrunk

Spoiler Series 3 Episode 13: 
Great Episode this week The start was a bit off Michael trying to be funny but the idea to pair up the members of the office and send them out was a great device and led to some nice moments, Phillis getting done up texas style because it was the way the clients wife dressed was nice, the Temp and Stanley was a weak one and would of been a great chance for the Temp to shine he's meant to be the smartest kid in the office but isn't really excelling in personality or working, Jim and Dwight working as a team made the finally even sadder there is a twisted sort of sub-friendship going on there and the last moments had a real impact.
Angela's final look at the Ed Helms the Puppet master of Dwights misfortune was actually pretty hauntingespecially as she had been positively beeming smiles all of the episode.
Great stuff!

(in reply to Heywood)
Post #: 76
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 13/1/2007 2:10:18 PM   
Heywood

Another excellent episode. Loved the Jim-Dwight interplay and the Karen/Phyllis makeover. I also think Angela is a great character: her look at the end was very chilling. I'm sure she will get her revenge very soon and no doubt Dwight will be back where he belongs. Have to agree about Ryan: BJ Novak is in the opening credits, yet hardly says anything and doesn't seem to have much impact on the story.

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 77
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 13/1/2007 10:38:15 PM   
jay13

when Dwight was talking about 70% of attacks come from behind, and Jim goes that leaves another 30%. I knew what was coming a mile off but it didn't make it any less funny. A really good episode all round.

Twitter: @_maes85

(in reply to Heywood)
Post #: 78
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 16/1/2007 11:55:56 PM   
Art Vandelay

Loved seeing Andy's dark side in this episode, but no doubt Angela will have her vengeance. And yeah, Dwight just has to return. It wouldn't be The Office without him. But Jim & Dwight really have become my favourite comedy duo currently on TV. Every scene where they're together truly is Comedy gold! Yet another reason for Dwight to return as soon as possible.

(in reply to jay13)
Post #: 79
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 17/1/2007 9:08:04 PM   
mfj fratelli

I still enjoy seeing Ryan The Temp every now and then, but it does seem a little unfair that he's in the opening credits. There are many other supporting characters that are funnier and have had more memorable moments than BJ Novak. Any one of them deserves a share of the top-billing slot. I suppose it comes down to whoever has the better agent.  

On a similar note, I find it funny that some of his co-workers still refer to him as The Temp, on occasion. Which brings me to another point. In the Halloween episode of Season 2 Michael is forced to fire/sack someone. He eventually chooses Devin. Wouldn't the logical choice have been Ryan The Temp? Last in, first out. Right?  I'm just being facetious now. Pay no mind.

Fast Fact: The Deleted Scenes from Season 2 should not have been cut from final production. They're just as funny as everything else. Even the Blooper Reel is unbelievable.

Ashamedly, I have only seen 1/3 of Season 3 episodes. I have no excuse.

The Wire is surely the best TV show ever broadcast in America. This claim isn't based on my having seen all the possible rivals for the title, but on the premise that no other program has ever done anything remotely like what this one does, namely to portray the social, political, and economic life of an American city with the scope, observational precision, and moral vision of great literature.

The Wire has never won an emmy? [It] deserves the Nobel Prize for Literature!

Post #: 80
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 18/1/2007 2:14:55 PM   
furrybastard

BJ Novak is also a producer on the show, and has written an episode or two. Which is probably why he's in the titles.

(in reply to mfj fratelli)
Post #: 81
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 18/1/2007 2:43:35 PM   
Heywood

Was going to say the same thing about Novak: he is certainly more than just an actor on the show. To be fair, I like Ryan and he does have some funny lines, but never seems to have that much to do.

Post #: 82
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 18/1/2007 4:00:21 PM   
punchdrunk

Spoiler Series 3 Episode 13:

I've had that line where Michael aproaches Dwight to ask for an Explination on why he went to corporate:

Michael
Now , I've thought about his long and hard.

Dwight
That's what she said.

Michael
Don't, Don't do that...

Like he had lost his "that's what she said" privilages or something by crossing him. 
Great moment.

(in reply to Heywood)
Post #: 83
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 18/1/2007 4:36:04 PM   
Heywood

Didn't quite catch that line first time round, but it is funny. Anyway, I'm sure Dwight will regain his privilages soon. Looking forward to seeing Angela's revenge on Andy.

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 84
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 18/1/2007 5:13:13 PM   
mfj fratelli

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

BJ Novak is also a producer on the show, and has written an episode or two. Which is probably why he's in the titles.

I knew that he was one of the writers, but didn't know he was also a  producer. If that's the case then Paul Lieberstein should be in the opening titles as well. He's also funnier. Ho-Hum.  

The Wire is surely the best TV show ever broadcast in America. This claim isn't based on my having seen all the possible rivals for the title, but on the premise that no other program has ever done anything remotely like what this one does, namely to portray the social, political, and economic life of an American city with the scope, observational precision, and moral vision of great literature.

Post #: 85
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 18/1/2007 9:46:28 PM   
Art Vandelay

Also, seeing as how he's been in the opening credits since the start of the show, it would be kind of bizarre if they were to take him off the opening credits whilst still remaining on the show. But Ryan rules, so i can't complain.

Post #: 86
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 18/1/2007 9:56:38 PM   
mfj fratelli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay

Also, seeing as how he's been in the opening credits since the start of the show, it would be kind of bizarre if they were to take him off the opening credits whilst still remaining on the show. But Ryan rules, so i can't complain.

No need to remove him, but there has to be room for more. They did it for Bebe Neuwirth in the Cheers intro.

I suppose this whole discussion about top-billing is trivial. So let's just sit back and enjoy the most viciously deadpan show on the air.

Post #: 87
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 19/1/2007 12:05:20 AM   
furrybastard

These things probably go on a season by season basis and are dependant on the actor's contract. So its possible there will be more people in the titles come season 4, provided all the newbies remain! And like Andy said, it's like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory right now! 

Post #: 88
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 19/1/2007 12:10:40 AM   
punchdrunk

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard
And like Andy said, it's like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory right now! 

Do you thing the Exec's sing that song everything they fire someone?

Post #: 89
RE: The Office: Yankified!!! - 19/1/2007 12:18:54 AM   
mfj fratelli

Just a head's up. Tonight's episode features the return of Oscar.

What are you implying?

(in reply to punchdrunk)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: The Office: Yankified!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI