Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 21/1/2007 7:13:53 PM   
Pherlygwen

Must admit that first thing that sprang to my mind was 2001, too... but I was pretty sure it was wrong.

Now I just got very excited!!! La Haine on Criterion! I'm one of those who haven't got the special edition so I am looking very forward to this one! Also to Overlord, but I knew about that already. I'm also excited to hear that (maybe) Ivan's Childhood might get a Criterion release one day as that's another one I have on my wish list but not forked out for yet. And come on more Eisenstein!

If The Holy Mountain is the Leni Riefenstahl one, I won't be picking that up as my MoC release is brilliant.

What a strange cover for La Haine though... !

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!

(in reply to TheGodfather)
Post #: 151
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 21/1/2007 7:58:21 PM   
TheGodfather

For folks who haven`t yet received their Sanjuro/Yojimbo set, like me, here`s another pic of it:

Jules: "What" ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?
Brett: What?
Jules: ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER! DO-YOU-SPEAK-IT?

(in reply to Pherlygwen)
Post #: 152
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 8/2/2007 2:36:56 PM   
Jasiri

Dvdbeaver review of When a  Woman Ascends the Stairs,transfer looks good,another essential purchase for me.

Post #: 153
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 10/2/2007 12:31:56 AM   
TheGodfather

Received my copy of Bicycle Thieves today. Again a gorgeous release, a real must own in my book 

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 154
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 10/2/2007 4:47:13 AM   
Lego_boy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jasiri

Got a spare $650 burning a hole in your pocket ?

50 YEARS OF JANUS FILMS: BOX SET TITLES • ALEXANDER NEVSKY (1938), Sergei Eisenstein • ASHES AND DIAMONDS (1958), Andrzej Wajda • L'AVVENTURA (1960), Michelangelo Antonioni • BALLAD OF A SOLDIER (1959), Grigori Chukhrai • BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (1946), Jean Cocteau • BLACK ORPHEUS (1959), Marcel Camus • BRIEF ENCOUNTER (1945), David Lean • THE FALLEN IDOL (1948), Carol Reed • FIRES ON THE PLAIN (1959), Kon Ichikawa • FISTS IN THE POCKET (1965), Marco Bellocchio • FLOATING WEEDS (1959), Yasujiro Ozu • FORBIDDEN GAMES (1952), René Clement • THE 400 BLOWS (1959), François Truffaut • GRAND ILLUSION (1937), Jean Renoir • HÄXAN (1922), Benjamin Christensen • IKIRU (1952), Akira Kurosawa • THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST (1952), Anthony Asquith • IVAN THE TERRIBLE, PART II (1958), Sergei Eisenstein • LE JOUR SE LÈVE (1939), Marcel Carné • JULES AND JIM (1962), François Truffaut • KIND HEARTS AND CORONETS (1949), Robert Hamer • KNIFE IN THE WATER (1962), Roman Polanski • THE LADY VANISHES (1938), Alfred Hitchcock • THE LIFE AND DEATH OF COLONEL BLIMP (1943), Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger • LOVES OF A BLONDE (1965), Milos Forman • M (1931), Fritz Lang • M. HULOT'S HOLIDAY (1953), Jacques Tati • MISS JULIE (1951), Alf Sjöberg • PANDORA'S BOX (1929), G.W. Pabst • PÉPÉ LE MOKO (1937), Jean Duvivier • IL POSTO (1961), Ermanno Olmi • PYGMALION (1938), Anthony Asquith • RASHOMON (1950), Akira Kurosawa • RICHARD III (1955), Laurence Olivier • THE RULES OF THE GAME (1939), Jean Renoir • SEVEN SAMURAI (1954), Akira Kurosawa • THE SEVENTH SEAL (1957), Ingmar Bergman • THE SPIRIT OF THE BEEHIVE (1973), Víctor Erice • LA STRADA (1954), Federico Fellini • SUMMERTIME (1955), David Lean • THE THIRD MAN (1949), Carol Reed • THE 39 STEPS (1935), Alfred Hitchcock • UGETSU (1953), Kenji Mizoguchi • UMBERTO D. (1952), Vittorio De Sica • THE VIRGIN SPRING (1960), Ingmar Bergman • VIRIDIANA (1961), Luis Buñuel • THE WAGES OF FEAR (1953), Henri-Georges Clouzot • THE WHITE SHEIK (1952), Federico Fellini • WILD STRAWBERRIES (1957), Ingmar Bergman • THREE DOCUMENTARIES: THE GREAT CHASE (1962), THE LOVE GODDESSES (1965), and PAUL ROBESON: TRIBUTE TO AN ARTIST (1979), Saul J. Turell

Most interesting thing about this for me is the inclusion of Kon Ichikawa's Fires on the Plain.This was one of the films from Ichikawa that Criterion released on laserdisc none of which have so far appeared on dvd but this would suggest a release of this is coming.

Did anyone get this, out of interest?  I guess it's too much to hope it will come down in price anytime soon.

< Message edited by Lego_boy -- 10/2/2007 4:48:51 AM >

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 155
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 16/2/2007 8:53:10 PM   
TheGodfather

Covers from 4 new releases that are coming this May:

Special Features:
#New, restored high-definition digital transfer
#Excerpts from a video interview with Shohei Imamura, produced by the Directors Guild of Japan
#Theatrical trailer and teaser
#New and improved English subtitle translation
#PLUS: A booklet featuring a new essay by critic Michael Atkinson, a 1994 interview with Imamura by writer Toichi Nakata, and writings from Imamura on Vengeance Is Mine and his approach to filmmaking

Special Features:
#SPECIAL EDITION DOUBLE-DISC SET FEATURES
#New high-definition digital transfer of the recent full restoration, supervised by director of photography Pierre Lhomme
#Optional Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0 soundtrack
#Audio commentary by Jean-Pierre Melville historian Ginette Vincendeau
#New interviews with Lhomme and editor Françoise Bonnot
#Archival excerpts from French television programs, including on-set footage from the film’s production and interviews with Melville; actors Jean-Pierre Cassel, Paul Crauchet, Paul Meurisse, and Simone Signoret; writer Joseph Kessel; and real-life Resistance fighters André Dewavrin (a.k.a. Colonel Passy) and Lucie Aubrac, among others
#Jean-Pierre Melville et "L'Armée des ombres" (2006), a short documentary including interviews with Bonnot, Lhomme, Cassel, composer Eric Demarsan, writer and filmmaker Philippe Labro, and filmmaker Bertrand Tavernier
#Le journal de la Résistance (1944), a rare short documentary shot on the front lines of the final days of the French Resistance
#Film restoration demonstration by Lhomme
#Theatrical trailers
#PLUS: A booklet featuring critic Amy Taubin, historian Robert Paxton, and excerpts from Rui Nogueira’s Melville on Melville
#More!

Special Features:
#Audio commentary by Japanese-literature professor Jeffrey Angles
#New video interviews with critic Tadao Sato, assistant director Tokugo Tanaka, and legendary actress Kyoko Kagawa on the making of the film and its lasting importance
#PLUS: A book featuring a new essay by scholar Mark Le Fanu; the story on which the film was based, Mori Ogai’s “Sansho dayu,” from 1915, in an acclaimed translation by J. Thomas Rimer; and a written form of an oral variation of the same tale, dating back to the fifteenth century, in a rare English translation

And all good things come to those who wait! here it is at last:
A RE-RELEASE OF THE THIRD MAN!!!

Special Features:
#SPECIAL EDITION DOUBLE-DISC SET FEATURES
#Video introduction by writer-director Peter Bogdanovich
#Audio commentary by film scholar Dana Polan
#Shadowing "The Third Man", a ninety-minute 2005 feature documentary on the making of the film
#Abridged recording of Graham Greene’s treatment, read by actor Richard Clarke
#The Third Man on the radio: the 1951 “A Ticket to Tangiers” episode of The Lives of Harry Lime series, written and performed by Orson Welles; and the 1951 Lux Radio Theatre adaptation of The Third Man
#Illustrated production history with rare behind-the-scenes photos, original UK press book, and U.S. trailer
#Actor Joseph Cotten’s alternate opening voiceover narration for the U.S. version
#Archival footage and photos of postwar Vienna
#A look at the untranslated foreign dialogue in the film
#PLUS: A booklet featuring essays by Luc Sante, Charles Drazin, and Philip Kerr
#More!
excellent!!!
Except for Vengeance Is Mine (from wich I prefer the MoC cover) I LOVE all the other 3 new covers

< Message edited by TheGodfather -- 16/2/2007 9:20:13 PM >

(in reply to Pherlygwen)
Post #: 156
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 16/2/2007 9:30:17 PM   
directorscut

I don't know. The covers are becoming a bit too purposely esoteric and photoshoped for my liking.

I'll probably get The Third Man.

I'll wait for the MoC release of Sansho before buying.

Vengeance is Mine doesn't look like a patch on the MoC disc.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

Post #: 157
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 17/2/2007 12:15:06 AM   
Jasiri

Four great films but the Imamura's a disappointment for me was really hoping that Pigs & Battleships or at least another of his unavailable films would be up next on Criterion,oh well roll on the Eclipse set..The MoC release of Vengeance is Mine is excellent,there's no way the film will look any better,extras wise the interview with Imamura sounds cool but there's no running time yet and the MoC has a Tony Rayns commentary.
Similarly the BFI release of L' Armee des ombres is also very good,the transfer is excellent and it has the Ginette Vincendeau commentary and a couple of the other extras mentioned on the Criterion.
Great to see Sansho getting a worthy release,sure it will be a vast improvement on the Films Sans Frontiers disc and I'm desperate to see it in a clean,sharp transfer but I'll be picking up the MoC boxset regardless of what comes out first because I'm also after the other films that will be in the set but for anybody who doesn't want to fork out for the set it's brilliant news.

As for the covers it's not something I normally bother much about but apart from The Third Man they are pretty awful.Think Sansho the Bailiff would look a lot better if it was just the background picture of Kinuya Tanaka and the swastika on L' Armee des ombres makes it look tacky.

< Message edited by Jasiri -- 17/2/2007 9:21:32 AM >

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 158
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 18/2/2007 2:54:24 PM   
Pherlygwen

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGodfather

Covers from 4 new releases that are coming this May:

Thanks for keeeping us (or at least me ) updated on upcoming Crits, TheGodfather! All essential purchases for me there, apart from The Third Man which I already have - and I can't be bothered to double dip on *everything*.

I don't already own MoC's Vengeance Is Mine so I might as well pick up the Criterion unless the reviews make MoC come out on top. And I have to get my hands on When A Woman Ascends The Stairs, too.

Agree with Jasiri, the cover art doesn't impress me either, particularly Sansho and L'Armee are pretty crap! Don't mind Vengeance though.

Post #: 159
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 18/2/2007 4:25:55 PM   
Jasiri

Pherlygwen,thought you'd be happy to see Sansho Dayu was coming,if you're thinking about getting Vengeance is Mine it's hard to see past the MoC,flawless transfer and you should be able to it pick up for about £10.

Don't think anybody has mention these yet,all coming in March.

"There are eight million stories in the Naked City,” as the narrator immortally states at the close of this breathtakingly vivid film—and this is one of them. Master noir craftsman Jules Dassin and newspaperman-cum-producer Mark Hellinger's dazzling police procedural was shot entirely on location in New York City, as influenced by Italian neorealism as American crime fiction. A double Academy Award winner, The Naked City remains a benchmark for naturalism in noir, living and breathing in the promises and perils of the Big Apple, from its lowest depths to its highest skyscrapers.

Special Features

• New, restored high-definition digital transfer
• Audio commentary by screenwriter Malvin Wald
• An analysis of the film's New York locations by Celluloid Skyline author James Sanders
• A new video interview with NYU film professor Dana Polan
• Footage of Jules Dassin from his 2003 appearance at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art
• Theatrical trailer
• Stills gallery
• PLUS: A new essay by Luc Sante and production notes from producer Mark Hellinger to Dassin

An Imperial Japanese Army regiment surrenders to British forces in Burma at the close World War II and finds harmony through song. A corporal, thought to be dead, stumbles upon spiritual enlightenment disguising himself as a Buddhist monk. Magnificently shot in hushed black and white, Kon Ichikawa's The Burmese Harp is an eloquent meditation on beauty coexisting with death and remains one of Japanese cinema's most overwhelming antiwar statements, both tender and brutal in its grappling with Japan's wartime legacy.

Special Features

• New video interviews with director Kon Ichikawa and actor Rentaro Mikuni
• Original theatrical trailer
• New and improved English subtitle translation
• PLUS: A new essay by renowned critic and historian Tony Rayns

An agonizing portrait of desperate Japanese soldiers stranded in a strange land during World War II, Kon Ichikawa's Fires on the Plain is a compelling descent into psychological and physical oblivion. Denied hospital treatment for tuberculosis and cast off into the unknown, Private Tamura treks across an unfamiliar Filipino landscape, encountering an increasingly debased cross-section of Imperial Army soldiers, who eventually give into the most terrifying craving of all. Grisly yet poetic, Fires on the Plain is one of the most powerful works from one of Japanese cinema's most versatile filmmakers.

Special Features

• New video introduction by Japanese film scholar Donald Richie
• New video interviews with director Kon Ichikawa and actor Mickey Curtis
• Original theatrical trailer
• New and improved English subtitle translation
• PLUS: A new essay by film critic Chuck Stephens

The Naked City and the other forthcoming Jules Dassin film Brute Force look very tempting.Out of the two Kon Ichikawa titles I'll definitely pick up Fires on the Plain at some point,Burmese Harp I've seen before,very good even if it is a little idealistic.There's a review on dvdbeaver of the Fires on the Plain disc from the Janus boxset.

< Message edited by Jasiri -- 18/2/2007 4:26:54 PM >

(in reply to Pherlygwen)
Post #: 160
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 18/2/2007 8:12:06 PM   
directorscut

I loved The Burmese Harp and have been wanting to see Fires on the Plain ever since.

I'll probably pass on The Burmese Harp as the version I have already looks pretty darn good. Maybe if it had a commentary...

Maybe MoC might be able to get hold of these films and do something more extensive.

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 161
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 18/2/2007 9:09:43 PM   
TheGodfather

Yeah those covers look excellent as well! From those I`ll be getting The Naked City and Fires on a Plain.

quote:

Thanks for keeeping us (or at least me ) updated on upcoming Crits, TheGodfather!

no problemo
Except for Vengeance is Mine, I`1l be getting all those 3 releases. Looking forward to Sansho. Since I saw Ugetsu Monogatari (wich is utter brilliance) I always wanted to see more of Mizoguchi`s work

Post #: 162
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 19/2/2007 9:00:33 AM   
Jasiri

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pherlygwen

And I have to get my hands on When A Woman Ascends The Stairs, too.

I'm going to have to hold off on that just now. Hopefully it's just people presuming because I can't find any word from BFI about it but I keep reading comments about them releasing their Mikio Naruse titles (When A Woman Ascends The Stairs,Floating Clouds,Late Chrysanthemums) in a box set so I'm going to have to wait and see if they will be available individually or only in the set.
BFI are a label that annoy me at times  and here's another example,read something yesterday from somebody who emailed them asking about the Naruse dvds in December,the reply he got was "There will be some Mikio Naruse releases in 2007",pathetic response.I can't see them coming anytime soon either,they submitted the films for rating to the BBFC for theatrical release over a year ago with a scheduled late 2006 release with the dvds to follow early 2007 but haven't found anything to indicate they've been screened anywhere yet.

(in reply to Pherlygwen)
Post #: 163
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 22/2/2007 8:35:01 PM   
Ell

As I was thoroughly pleased with my first Criterion purchase (the Seven Samurai set), I'm now looking into purchasing Throne of Blood. But should I buy the current release, or are they re-releasing this also?

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 164
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 22/2/2007 8:55:37 PM   
Jasiri

Throne of Blood is fine,the only other Kurosawa film that Criterion really need to go back and sort out is High and Low.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 165
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 23/2/2007 4:57:42 PM   
Ell

Can anybody tell me whether the Yojimbo/Sanjuro set is worth getting if I already own the UK BFI editions? As much as I enjoyed both films I don't want to purchase the same films twice if there's no point.

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 166
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 24/2/2007 1:17:02 AM   
directorscut

Early Spring
Tokyo Twilight
Equinox Flower
Late Autumn
The End of Summer

I'll definitely keep my eye on this. To get Tokyo Twilight, Equinox Flower and Late Autumn from Tartan would cost about £40.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 167
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 24/2/2007 11:17:26 AM   
Jasiri

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

Can anybody tell me whether the Yojimbo/Sanjuro set is worth getting if I already own the UK BFI editions? As much as I enjoyed both films I don't want to purchase the same films twice if there's no point.

All depends really on whether you're happy enough with the image quality of the BFI,the new ones are cleaner and sharper but from memory while the BFI aren't great they're not really awful either.Criterion have also added the respective It is Wonderful to Create documentaries from Toho,45 minutes for Yojimbo,35 for Sanjuro and commentaries from Stephen Prince but again it really depends on  your level of interest in the films and Kurosawa in general whether they are much of a selling point.

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

Early Spring
Tokyo Twilight
Equinox Flower
Late Autumn
The End of Summer

I'd rather have seen a set of Ozu's silent/early talkies I'm sure one will come eventually but probably after I've bought all the Panorama ones,just hope this isn't an indiction of what we can expect for Mizoguchi,a set of later films would seem pretty pointless where as a set of films from the 30's would be priceless.
All that aside it's a very impressive set,haven't seen Early Spring or Late Autumn but both are generally well thought of and the three I've seen are excellent,Tokyo Twilight possibly being my favourite of Ozu's films.

Apart from giving us sought after films from very well know directors,I think Eclipse is going to prove to be a invaluable source of less well known but very worthwhile films,the 4th set of three films from Raymond Bernard ( Les Miserables,Wooden Crosses and an as yet unannounced title) looks like a prime example of this.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 168
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 24/2/2007 2:51:26 PM   
directorscut

My only disappointment with the boxset looking at those titles (apart from the lack of extras :-P) is the inclusion of The End of Summer which I already have as part the AE Japanese Masters boxset (which I already double dipped on Floating Weeds for). Man do I hate overlaps. 

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 169
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 24/2/2007 7:38:23 PM   
Pherlygwen

I already own the Criterion release of Yojimbo (a terrific film btw!!) and Sanjuro on BFI (which I haven't watched yet) but will get the Criterion double feature set sooner or later. Thought of selling off the ones mentioned, but hubby doesn't want me to sell any Criterion DVD even if I double dip so I am going to be nice and obey.

I agree with Jasiri - I'd rather want a set of early Ozu and Mizoguchi, too. Perhaps one day...

< Message edited by Pherlygwen -- 24/2/2007 7:40:15 PM >

Post #: 170
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 25/2/2007 11:33:55 PM   
Jasiri

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pherlygwen
I agree with Jasiri - I'd rather want a set of early Ozu and Mizoguchi, too. Perhaps one day...

I'm only bothered because I just got Tartan's Ozu vol 3 which includes Equinox Flower & Tokyo Twilight for Christmas, glad I cancelled my preorder for vol 4.If I pick up this set I'll have three Tokyo Twilight discs,think I will though as I've always held off buying Panorama's Early Spring because apparently it's about the worst of their Ozu discs which is saying something and there's a R4 release of An Autumn Afternoon so that would round out Tartan's vol 4 set.
Since this set is titled Late Ozu and from what they said the purpose of Eclipse was,I'd think it's almost certain that there will be least one set of earlier titles at some point,a silent film set of Walk Cheerfully,I Flunked But...,The Lady and the Beard,I Was Born, But... and Tokyo Chorus all of which are currently unavailable would be superb and then there are still great films like An Inn in Tokyo,The Only Son,There Was a Father,A Hen in the Wind etc.that are rarely seen because they're are only available on fairly poor Hong Kong discs.

< Message edited by Jasiri -- 27/2/2007 9:22:00 AM >

(in reply to Pherlygwen)
Post #: 171
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 1/3/2007 6:53:24 PM   
Jasiri

More extras added for The Third Man.

Second commentary by Steven Soderbergh and screenwriter Tony Gilroy
"Graham Greene: The Hunted Man," an hour-long, 1968 episode of the BBC's Omnibus series, featuring a rare interview with the novelist
Who Was the Third Man? (2000), a thirty-minute German documentary featuring interviews with cast and crew

Dvdbeaver reviews for Burmese Harp and Fires on the Plain.

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 172
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 2/3/2007 10:02:33 PM   
TheGodfather

Those added extra`s of The Third Man sounds excellent! Looking forward to hearing the Soderbergh commentary, he normally knows his stuff pretty well 

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 173
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 3/3/2007 12:04:35 AM   
Tyler_D

That Third Man release is pretty much a dead certain purchase for me, masterful film that I really need to watch again soon. Think I might watch my single disk R2 version, sell it and preorder this potential beauty

Post #: 174
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 4/3/2007 9:51:34 PM   
TheGodfather

The Burmese Harp @ DVD Beaver

Fires On The Plain @ DVD Beaver

The Naked City @ DVD Beaver

(in reply to Pherlygwen)
Post #: 175
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 6/3/2007 11:32:35 PM   
TheGodfather

From the Criterion forum:

quote:

Apologies for the delay in response.
We will be releasing an Ophuls box in late 2007/early 2008. It will contain several films, including THE EARRINGS OF MADAME DE . . AND LA PLAISIR.
I hope that helps.
Thanks for your interest in Criterion.

Best regards,
Kim Hendrickson

and:
quote:

"We will be releasing IVAN'S CHILDHOOD in a few months. You should be
able to find it in stores in June or July."

Might be nice to know

(in reply to Pherlygwen)
Post #: 176
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 7/3/2007 1:39:55 PM   
Jasiri

Also seems to be confirmation of Ace in the Hole (Billy Wilder),Permanent Vacation,Stranger Than Paradise (Jim Jarmusch),Le feu follet (Louis Malle) and Martin Scorsese short films.

Good to see more Louis Malle being added,I love Le feu follet.

Post #: 177
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 7/3/2007 10:13:31 PM   
Pherlygwen

Ivan's Childhood?? I couldn't be more pleased if the sun shone the whole summer!!!
That's one Tarkovsky film I still have on my wist list rather than on my shelves. Yay!

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 178
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 7/3/2007 11:31:11 PM   
TheGodfather

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jasiri

Also seems to be confirmation of Ace in the Hole (Billy Wilder),Permanent Vacation,Stranger Than Paradise (Jim Jarmusch),Le feu follet (Louis Malle) and Martin Scorsese short films.

Good to see more Louis Malle being added,I love Le feu follet.

Oh sh*t, that sounds too good to be true
Always good to see more of Louis Malle, but more than that I`m really interested in the Scorsese shots
Bring `em on

(in reply to Jasiri)
Post #: 179
RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai - 8/3/2007 1:02:21 AM   
Tyler_D

Scorsese shorts!!?? I didnt think I could respect the Criterion label anymore but if this is true Ive been proven wrong.

Just hope this is for real and some details come around pretty soon

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: New Criterion Re-Releases......including 7 Samurai Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI