Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers**

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 14/6/2006 5:32:10 PM   
Mycroft

Anyone else back in Deadwood? Can't say I'm suprised there isn't a thread yet, gets far too little love on this forum . Tell your friends people!

It's been a while since Season 2, too long. For those with hazy memories, including me, 2 ended with Hearst arriving in town to oversee the mining operation of the claims in the area, all having been acquired by Wolcott, besides Garretts. After Tolliver mentioned Wolcotts behaviour in the camp and his part in covering it up, Hearst disassociated himself from Wolcott, who is later hanged. Hearst offered Tolliver a one off payment for his services, but Tolliver wanted a percentage of the operation, threatening to reveal Wolcotts misdeeds. With Hearst on friendly terms with Swearengen, not wanting to distract from his search for "the colour", Swearengen offered Wu's services in supplying the camp, later dispatching of Hearst's Mr Lee who had usurped Wu in Chinatown. The last episode ends with Alma Garrett becoming Mrs Ellsworth and Tolliver being gutted by Andy.

Having just watched Seasons 1 and 2 again, 3 felt different somehow, can't really place it though. Looked darker, is it the same DP? Could be the new monitor i'm using though Alot of very quick scenes too, felt like they were trying to squeeze every character into the episode. The guy who shot the Cornish looked awfully like Stephen Saunders

So glad Tolliver hasn't left us, Boothe has got to be the classiest actor on the show besides McShane. Contrary to when Swearengen was out of action in Season 2, Cy doesn't really have anyone reliable on his side like Dan. Swearengen was quickly able to sort out the mess created in his absence but can Cy handle messing with Hearst? With Swearengen also feeling out and confronting Hearst over his intentions at the end though, things are going to get messy. Thought this was a great episode, bring on Brian Cox!
Post #: 1
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 15/6/2006 12:36:51 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

I'm a fellow Deadwood lover but I'll be waiting till the DVD release before I watch Season 3. Deadwood was made for DVD!

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 2
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 15/6/2006 1:02:48 AM   
Mycroft

I tried, but a true Deadwood lover can't wait that long , its the only thing keeping me sane in these 24-less times. It's definately frustrating with only an hour at a time, the pace is more suited to one 12 hour Deadwood orgy, which is what the few fans on here seem to be doing. The price of HBOs DVDs aint doing them alot of favours, only a handful of people I know have heard of Deadwood and those that are interested are put off by the price.

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 3
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 15/6/2006 1:09:36 AM   
Barefoot Doctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mycroft

I tried, but a true Deadwood lover can't wait that long 

You can't guilt me into downloading!

Can't wait for Brian Cox though. Can't believe this is the last season. The 4 hour special better be released on the Season 3 DVD!

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 4
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 15/6/2006 9:11:22 PM   
linkacid

Ive never watched this show before is it any good.

Snyder: "I can smell trouble anywhere its like a sixth sense."
Giles: "No I believe thats one of the five."

(in reply to Barefoot Doctor)
Post #: 5
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 24/6/2006 6:40:43 PM   
hongkongphooey

Deadwood season 3 starts on Sky One on 6 July! What is that about?! Isn't there usually a huge delay in them airing?

I've d/l the first two eps, but haven't got round to watching them yet - think I might just wait and watch them on tv now :)

(in reply to linkacid)
Post #: 6
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 24/6/2006 6:47:40 PM   
Mycroft

Sky must know a good thing when they see it .

I think this season has been delayed in America, was supposed to start a couple of months earlier.

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 7
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 24/6/2006 6:54:09 PM   
hongkongphooey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mycroft

Sky must know a good thing when they see it .

I think this season has been delayed in America, was supposed to start a couple of months earlier.

Right enough, I forgot about that. Saves me burning disks for everyone, so I'm :)

(in reply to Mycroft)
Post #: 8
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 24/6/2006 6:56:21 PM   
Mycroft

You mean you actually know other people who watch the show? I've failed to bring many people round to it yet, they'd rather watch Lost 

Post #: 9
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 25/6/2006 10:35:31 AM   
Fuzzbap

quote:

ORIGINAL: hongkongphooey

Deadwood season 3 starts on Sky One on 6 July! What is that about?! Isn't there usually a huge delay in them airing?

I was surprised about that too. But I think the reason there's normally a huge delay is the weird scheduling in America. Typically something like Lost, Smallville etc with over 20 eps in a season will start, be on for two or three weeks, off for another fortnight, then another new episode, then nothing for four weeks and so on. The networks over here seem to have some bizarre concept going on where they show a new episode every week.

That said, it doesn't happen as often with shorter seasons like Deadwood, hence the short delay. It was also similar with 24, which didn't start until January in the States so we're not as far behind as with Lost or summat.

Shut your mouth, or I shall fly at you like a bag of cocks.

Post #: 10
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 26/6/2006 10:06:41 AM   
Bickle

I downloaded and watched episode 1, which was very good. I've downloaded the second (currently getting the third) but I think I'm gonna wait till I have a few unwatched episodes and have a Deadwood marathon - the way it's supposed to be watched! 

(in reply to Fuzzbap)
Post #: 11
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 27/6/2006 6:00:47 PM   
Brock

quote:

ORIGINAL: hongkongphooey

Great news. This has got to be some sort of record for a season of a US show making it over to the UK in a timely fashion. If the networks are serious about preventing downloaders then they should think about making this happen more often.

To contrast, look at how long channel 4 are sitting on season 6 of the Sopranos.

Post #: 12
RE: Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** - 14/6/2007 5:07:54 AM   
Orbital

quote:

ORIGINAL: linkacid

Ive never watched this show before is it any good.

I've seen a few episodes, some of it is very well written and it's got some great actors

(in reply to linkacid)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Deadwood Season 3 **Possible Spoilers** Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI