Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: SeaQuest DSV

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: SeaQuest DSV Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: SeaQuest DSV - 19/3/2009 5:42:45 PM   
Captain Black

That show was absolute bobbins. It made absolutely no sense whatsoever. The setup (for those who didn't watch and then subsequently take the piss out of it with your mates the next day) involved an alien artefact (this was around the time when Roswell conspiracy theories spun-off into loads of fictional storylines) being recovered by the CIA and then used to time travel back in time to avert disasters, terrorist attacks etc. But it had no sense of internal logic at all - Lt Frank Parker (Jonathan LaPaglia, in Baldwin terms the William to brother Anthony's Alec) travelled seven days into the past, where he'd bring his team up to scratch, only there wasn't a copy of himself in the past.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 31
RE: SeaQuest DSV - 30/11/2009 4:26:56 PM   
Timon

Some crazy French bloke has designed a vertical ship that appears to be the predecessor of the Seaquest.

The SeaOrbiter

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 32
RE: SeaQuest DSV - 30/11/2009 4:38:00 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

How about the Total Recall series, they showed for about a week....

That Total Recall series was actully pretty good. Shame that it only ran for a season.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 33
RE: SeaQuest DSV - 30/11/2009 7:11:45 PM   
Invader_Ace

Didn't SeaQuest do something odd, like suddenly jump even further into the future or on to an alien sea world?!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 34
RE: SeaQuest DSV - 30/11/2009 7:21:47 PM   
Captain Black

Not sure about a time leap, but I'm just looking over the show's IMDb page and it appears Michael Ironside became the captain for the third season, in addition to a truly stupendous piece of trivia:

During the third season, several episodes were shown out of order. As a consequence, the character of Lt. Brody dies in one episode and then reappears in a later one.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 35
RE: SeaQuest DSV - 1/12/2009 7:56:56 AM   
Blunderbuss

My memories of SeaQuest DSV are sketchy at best.  I can't remember any specific episodes and I only watched season 1 but I do recall that its main flaw was a lack of any bad guys to generate any real drama.  Other than that I vaguely remember there being some sort of ship's 'hologram', which was actually just a stream of dry ice with a woman projected on to it, this being in the days before affordable CGI.

I think I caught one ep of the final season on a rerun and if memory serves it was set further in the future and Roy Schneider had grown a beard.

I can't say that I ever missed the show after it was cancelled.

"oh you don't want to shoot him. You'll just make him mad"

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 36
RE: SeaQuest DSV - 1/12/2009 7:37:39 PM   
Tosschops

Seaquest was just boring wank.

I believe what doesn't kill you, simply makes you.....Stranger.

(in reply to Blunderbuss)
Post #: 37
RE: SeaQuest DSV - 1/12/2009 7:50:07 PM   
darth silas

LOVED watching this show during the early nineties.I think it got a lot of unfair flack.Just as the first season was getting better after a very shaky start,they revamped the show in its second season to be more of a cross bewteen Baywatch and Voyage to the Bottom of the sea.Then they revamped the format AGAIN for the third season and the series found its feet with the darker,more grittier,military approach.Shame it was cancelled as the last few episodes were REALLY good and Michael Ironside was awesome as Captain Hudson.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to Tosschops)
Post #: 38
RE: SeaQuest DSV - 2/12/2009 12:37:37 PM   
spark1

s1-tried to b TNG underwater. failed.
s2-became crazed version of 'voyage/bottom/sea'
s3-got dystopian, action orientated. might have become a decent show in the end.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 39
SeaQuest DSV/Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea - 13/4/2013 10:50:06 AM   
Timon

For some reason, I've been getting nostalgic for a 'Star Trek Underwater' series. I used to watch both SeaQuest DSV and Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea (of which the entire collection has just been released on DVD).

'Voyage' was the brainchild of 'Master of Disaster' Irwin Allen and started off as a Cold War political thriller with the odd paranormal/monster mission, but I remember it get progressively silly with 'Lobster Men' showing up at one point.

However I think maybe it still went less off the rails than SeaQuest...

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 40
RE: SeaQuest DSV/Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea - 31/5/2013 10:08:07 PM   
anakin solo

I thought that sequest DSV was pretty good, it had a good plotline interesting character's but like most sci fi shows it had it's really good episodes and some really crap.

my ally is the force and what a powerful ally it is.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 41
RE: SeaQuest DSV/Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea - 31/5/2013 10:19:25 PM   
Vadersville

Man, this thread has made think of some old TV shows I used to love on Saturdays growing up. Shows like Seaquest DSV, Thunder in Paradise, Time Cop I always remember were on ITV in the afternoon / early evenings and then because there were no school the enxt day I was allowwed to stay up and watch stuff Bugs, X-Files or Crime Traveller on BBC later on.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to anakin solo)
Post #: 42
RE: SeaQuest DSV/Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea - 31/5/2013 11:54:55 PM   
Cool Breeze

Off topic but Vadersville your new Selina av is awesome!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 43
RE: SeaQuest DSV/Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea - 1/6/2013 9:46:33 AM   
Vadersville

Haha, thanking you, kind sir.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: SeaQuest DSV Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI