Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Cinematography outstanding!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Cinematography outstanding! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cinematography outstanding! - 5/2/2007 7:35:10 PM   
Daniel Kelly

The visual aspect of the film is creep and immense. Bar the faithfulness I have no real bones to pick with the film actaully thought it was pretty darned good. But then again most of you know that already

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 61
- 4/3/2007 5:33:17 PM   
moviemaniac2

A near shot-for-shot remake, with added jolts and jumps, but seriously diminished returns

Post #: 62
Why bother? - 6/3/2007 10:35:56 PM   
Caster

If you're twelve and never seen The Omen then you will enjoy this, but for every one else why not just watch the original? It's much scarier. Waste of time.

Post #: 63
creepy kid - 26/4/2007 10:27:35 AM   
lolathegreat

the kid was good. Liev was also equally good, however, why bother remaking a perfectly good and decent film? Waste of time in my opinion.

Hollywood- give remakes a rest!

Post #: 64
creepy kid - 26/4/2007 10:27:41 AM   
lolathegreat

the kid was good. Liev was also equally good, however, why bother remaking a perfectly good and decent film? Waste of time in my opinion.

Hollywood- give remakes a rest!

Post #: 65
RE: - 31/5/2007 10:45:50 AM   
ScottiE

I watced this for the first time the other evening.
It is terrible. the acting is so wooden its unbelevaible.
Its a very poor second best compared to the Orginal wich is supurbley Chilling.
2 out of 5 and thats beeing nice.

What made the Orginal so much Scareir was the Muscial Score, which was sadley mssing in the remake.

< Message edited by ScottiE -- 31/5/2007 10:48:06 AM >

" Your 10 seconds away from the most embarrasing moment of your life "

"When you need to shoot , shoot, dont talk "

(in reply to taz_e)
Post #: 66
RE: - 31/5/2007 4:43:30 PM   
mrdoom14

I found it to be a very mediocre horror movie. Some scary bits but its realy nothing special.

Last Films I Watched
Tell No One
Hot Fuzz

(in reply to taz_e)
Post #: 67
RE: Bovril - 4/6/2007 10:27:21 AM   
Wilbert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nevvylivid

In 1976, as a young man and a punk, I had a predilection for having Bovril licked off my naked body by my Satan worshipping girlfriend. She had 666 tattooed on her skull and a black tear tattoo permanently oozing like tar from an eye that was rarely seen not painted in back mascara and eyeshadow. In early 1976 she had been a sweet girl, her temperament unencumbered by the harshness and indifference of life in Bexleyheath. But then there was … The Omen. Once she had witnessed its majesty for the first time, she became a titan in the local goth community, a statuesque giant dressed all in black and with a soul bleaker than Sid Owen’s CV. It changed her life. She intended naming her child Damien, whatever it’s sex. She believed utterly in the power of evil and that the anti-christ would one day return to rule over all of Bexleyheath, and she was going to be first in line. We were nineteen, and the world would be ours to conquer.

We are now nearing fifty, but our devotion to that movie remains, even if the black robes are gone, the tattoos lasered off and our children, Andrew and Elizabeth, are both grown up and living far from the hallowed streets of Bexleyheath. We went to see the new version of the Omen. It put me right off my Bovril.

Goths are funny.
Some questions; Why did it matter to you that you were having Bovril licked off you? I mean, you can't taste it. Surely it would be up to your girlfriend what the substance would be? Anyway, each to their own.
Bet you felt pretty silly when you realised there was no antichrist?
Do you ever make fun of her about it? Like "remember the time you thought the antichrist was coming and you cleaned up the house all weekend and made up the spare room and he never showed up? Good times."

You're killing Independent George!!!!

(in reply to Nevvylivid)
Post #: 68
Deja vu - 5/11/2007 8:52:28 PM   
The Driver

Like the Psycho remake, and many others, you have to ask yourself why? I suppose there is something magical for the film-maker to recreate scenes that you loved from classic movies, the same way you used to play Star Wars with the action figures when you were a kid. Fun for you, but damn boring for everyone else.
This was the problem here, with this film. It is just a by the books remake, offering nothing new. For those few who didnt see the original, i am sure there is plenty to see, but for those of us, who like our horror fresh, i.e. Neil Marshall, then it really is a painful trip.

Post #: 69
RE: Deja vu - 27/5/2008 1:46:51 AM   
kumar

It wasnt all that bad, i found it to be quite tense and the atmosphere was developed quite well. Had some shocks, but since it is a remake of the original, it doesnt add all that much.

its just as good as the original though, shame it didnt add much more to it. better than Psycho remake, but still a rather pointless one.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to The Driver)
Post #: 70
RE: Deja vu - 1/6/2008 1:43:20 PM   
Daniel Kelly

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

It wasnt all that bad, i found it to be quite tense and the atmosphere was developed quite well. Had some shocks, but since it is a remake of the original, it doesnt add all that much.

its just as good as the original though, shame it didnt add much more to it. better than Psycho remake, but still a rather pointless one.

Doesn't that make it a classic?
Surprised to find this still floating around as a thread, as of a few days it qualifies as two years old. Really two years since the 06/06/06 hulabulooza is a bit shocking, feels like no time ago.

< Message edited by Daniel Kelly -- 1/6/2008 1:45:35 PM >

www.danlandmovvies.blogspot.com

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 71
RE: Deja vu - 5/6/2008 6:50:39 PM   
Dr Lenera

One of the most purely pointless remakes of recent years,being almost identical to the original except having a different cast and with almost every scene inferior to it's original counterpart except with sometimes a tiny bit more gore.  Example-the scene in the cemetery with the dogs,which starts off as a brilliant piece of suspense in the original and then becomes quite terrifying.  The remake's scene has no suspense and just rushes in to it all,'aided' by the usual shoddy CG animals.  Not especially terrible but a total waste of time.

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to Daniel Kelly)
Post #: 72
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Cinematography outstanding! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI