Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Medium

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Medium Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Medium - 26/9/2008 5:43:19 PM   
Beno

Whens the ex District Attorney back . We saw a glimpse of him 2 weeks ago and his name is in the credits at the start ?? On other matters is it me or are Patricia Arquettes boobs gloriously yummy ??

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Cat5)
Post #: 61
RE: Medium - 3/10/2008 4:02:41 AM   
honeykid

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beno

On other matters is it me or are Patricia Arquettes boobs gloriously yummy ??

It's not you. they are.

I was talking to a friend the other day and I mentioned that I think that Patricia Arquette must be the sexiest, plain looking, woman in Hollywood.  She pointed out that it's probably because she has fantastic skin and a great smile, which is probably true.  I don't know, I'm a man.  All I know is she's a lot sexier now than she's ever been.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 62
RE: Medium - 4/10/2008 11:13:13 AM   
spark1

MILF?

devalos returns and so does dodgy larry witt.
frustrating to seen daugher get away with murder cos allison is on defense side.

(in reply to honeykid)
Post #: 63
RE: Medium - 5/10/2008 4:24:24 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I thought the opening dream was fantastic, especially when Larry smiled at the camera. Arquette really nailed the over the top, melodramatic style of acting.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 64
RE: Medium - 28/1/2009 6:53:28 PM   
Mason Verger

BBC2 begin repeating series one on Friday night at 12.20.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 65
RE: Medium - 8/8/2009 10:31:42 PM   
fuzzy

Season 5 starting on Living soon, saw the promo earlier today. Looks like BBC lost the rights then. Fair enough, they've showed it about as much respect as they did the X-Files. At least Living will give it a regular primetime slot with repeats.

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 66
RE: Medium - 9/8/2009 1:46:09 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

Bugger it! Why are all the shows I watch moving from the channels I have?

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 67
RE: Medium - 9/8/2009 4:10:14 PM   
Peppermint

Bloody hell.  Looks like I'll have to go the Stephen Fry route to see this then

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

Post #: 68
RE: Medium - 9/8/2009 4:15:34 PM   
Captain Black

Some stuff filters down to terrestrial stuff occasionally (first example that springs to mind: the first season of Heroes was on SciFi first), it just depends on the wording of the contract. I thought this could happen, since NBC (fools!) cancelled the show and CBS swooped in to pick it up (savvy!).

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 69
RE: Medium - 7/9/2009 1:21:39 AM   
fuzzy

Anyone catch the return of Medium on Living this week?

I love this show, don't get me wrong, can't think of one dud episode, but the last season had a nice rounded ending, and there's a part of me that thought they should've called it a day there. I just hope they try and keep it fresh this season to justify its return. After the first ep though (haven't seen the second yet) it just felt same ol', same ol'.

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 70
RE: Medium - 22/9/2009 12:21:09 PM   
fuzzy

Anyone catch this on Living?... No?.... Just me then.

I've noticed the episodes going out of sequence for some reason, although IMDB confirms that they are being shown in the same sequence as the US.

Anyone know why this happens? I remember X-Files a few years back showing Scully with her pet dog one episode, despite it being lost/killed in a previous one.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 71
RE: Medium - 3/4/2010 2:30:27 PM   
MI Cruise

they're currently showing Medium on friday nights on Virgin1 and I've currently seen 13 episodes from the 1st season and got to say it's a much better show than Ghost Whisperer which started same time and has a similar premise.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 72
RE: Medium - 3/4/2010 3:48:55 PM   
fuzzy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

they're currently showing Medium on friday nights on Virgin1 and I've currently seen 13 episodes from the 1st season and got to say it's a much better show than Ghost Whisperer which started same time and has a similar premise.

Can't compare the two. GW is just cheesey special effects ghosts and dodgy acting (very much in the Charmed mold). Where Medium is more adult themed, with great scripts and great performances - and very underrated IMO.

Anyone know when Season 6 is starting? It's nearing the end of the run over in the States. Still to see the last 2 eps of Season 5 though - due to the sky+ series link cock-up (Living's fault apparently).

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 73
RE: Medium - 3/4/2010 11:31:30 PM   
jobloffski

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

Anyone catch this on Living?... No?.... Just me then.

I've noticed the episodes going out of sequence for some reason, although IMDB confirms that they are being shown in the same sequence as the US.

Anyone know why this happens? I remember X-Files a few years back showing Scully with her pet dog one episode, despite it being lost/killed in a previous one.

If I was being cynical (and I often am) I would suggest the BBC promotes itself as making the best and most daring TV programmes going and that really doesn't stack up when you've stepped outside that and watched the best stuff the US has been making for the last decade or so. In order to make sure the majority of BBC viewers believe the BBC self publicity, the best of imports are simply not shown when the majority of BBC viewers are watching the BBC.

So imports get graveyard slots and in the case of the X Files (which made the move from BBC2 to 1 when it got popular) in order to justify moving it off BBC1 back to 2 (because viewing figures dropped) the BBC made it so the figures would drop, by showing seasons of the X files with up to a 2 month break during the season. Naturally viewing figures dropped.

Most BBC drama is ensemble drama/soap like format, with no single main character, whereas 24, The Sopranos, Dexter, Medium etc is 'proper' drama with a main character/protagonist the series is based around (giving each show its own solid identity). The BBC made the switch to ensemble drama because the BBC likes to be in a postion to tell its actors 'you can be written out at any time' which puts the BBC in the driving seat. So actors get put in their place, as do writers, since most of these ensemble shows are credited to producers who 'create' or 'devise' rather than shows being written by writers in the first instance (therefore, no new Potters or Bleasdales come through the BBC anymore, it prefers instead to poach writers who have had success in other areas/on other channels and then act as though they 'discovered' them (see for example the BBC promos that basically made it appear Ricky Gervaise had done jack shit before the BBC took a risk on him, check out mighty boosh DVDs for how long it took the BBC to make a decision about putting TMB on TV and see how when Red Dwarf was basically a permanent shoo in as BBC2s top programme, the BBC pulled the plug as a way of asserting itself).

That's why there are no Dexters or Tony Sopranos or jack bauers or whatever in BBC drama (a popular character = an actor with leverage over the BBC) , and the closest the BBC comes to having a single main character for a drama most of the time is doctor who, and even then the main actor has to 'play ball' because he too can be be written out at any time (and in the case of Colin Baker, killed off by having somebody else dressed like him facing away from the camera, prior to a sudden regeneration for an early series re-casting of his character...Gene Hunt is about the most distinctive single character of recent BBC years, but the shoe is made by Kudos, who have made a hell of a lot of BBC shows and know how to play ball and get a little more leeway as a result).

As I said, maybe I'm being cynical. But maybe I'm on the ball here, and the maybe BBC also schedules Film two thousand and whatever outside peak time and has no programmes looking at games seriously because they don't actually want to encourage people to seek entertainment that isn't made by the BBC (which might lead to people having entertainment experience contradict the 'party line' that the BBC is more original, more daring, and basically, better than anybody else in the game).

To clarify, BBC doesn't make Medium/other imports, and promoting it/other imports might make much of the stuff the BBC does make pale by comparison, so there's no benefit to the BBCs rep in promoting them because shows of the quality referred to in this post, and others like Nurse Jackie might make people think the BBC isn't necessarily the fount of all brilliance it wants us to believe it is.

Thus, a new season of Medium may be following right on from the previous one and the BBC doesn't even mention this.
And even though Heroes never really lived up to its early hype, the BBC still shoves it on BBC2 on saturdays and on BBC on sundays so that when it lets the rights pass to others it can say the viewing figures fell, having scheduled the show show in slots where the BBC already knows the viewing fiures WILL fall.

It isn't about respecting or not respecting decent shows, it's ALL about protecting brand BBC.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 3/4/2010 11:41:38 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 74
RE: Medium - 3/4/2010 11:59:10 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuzzy

quote:

Can't compare the two. GW is just cheesey special effects ghosts and dodgy acting (very much in the Charmed mold). Where Medium is more adult themed, with great scripts and great performances - and very underrated IMO.

Anyone know when Season 6 is starting? It's nearing the end of the run over in the States. Still to see the last 2 eps of Season 5 though - due to the sky+ series link cock-up (Living's fault apparently).

definatly underated I unfortunately watched this after watching the first season of GW and thats why I made the comparison but yes this is tons better and totally different from that show. and Patrica Arquette actually acts instead of getting by on her big breasts like Jennifer Love Hewitt.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 75
RE: Medium - 27/4/2010 1:26:39 PM   
spark1

virgin 1 has s5 opener election nite 6th may 10pm

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 76
RE: Medium - 27/4/2010 5:54:42 PM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

what's that all about, I was suprised to see since season 1 finished Virgin1 arent gonna be airing season 2 Im very disappointed and looks like I'll have to watch the rest off Living.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 77
RE: Medium - 28/4/2010 3:06:08 PM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

what's that all about, I was suprised to see since season 1 finished Virgin1 arent gonna be airing season 2 Im very disappointed and looks like I'll have to watch the rest off Living.

always expected the s1 run to b curtain raiser to v1 showing all new eps taken from living,

expect 'supernatural' s5 on v1 after its living run and the full dvd/blu ray boxset

< Message edited by spark1 -- 28/4/2010 3:07:11 PM >

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 78
RE: Medium - 4/5/2010 4:17:00 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

Just discovered this myself. Fantastic news!!

Much more better!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 79
RE: Medium - 5/5/2010 2:53:39 PM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

Just discovered this myself. Fantastic news!!

you miss it?-its on v1 monday nite 11pm.

Post #: 80
RE: Medium - 18/5/2010 2:54:42 PM   
spark1

anyone watching on virgin 1?

love this week's ep with ariel and the 'drug' doll, the 'flatliner' blackmailer and alison sticking it to the evil dr bitch at the end!

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 81
RE: Medium - 20/7/2010 2:48:56 PM   
fuzzy

New series starting on Living - Friday 23 July 9pm. Need to find a repeat date though, as Friday is quite congested on the ol' Sky+.

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 82
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Medium Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI