Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 30/3/2012 3:58:32 AM   
Spaldron

Getting nicotine cravings.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 571
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 30/3/2012 4:01:03 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

I'm dreadful for spending way too long online also at this time off night. It's a very lonely time but thankfully I have my Empire buddies to keep me company. I predominantly do marketing etc for my art in these wee, small hours, as I find it reaches out to a larger audience (ie. the States etc) but still, it doesnt take much to distract me and give me a reason to stay onine the odd hour or two longer!

Tell me about it! I've been getting up the last four days at 5am for the cricket but that's finished now but even though it is I'll still by going to bed around 4.30am most nights, since I've discovered downloading as well (or rather learnt how to do it properly) that's stolen a big portion of my soul and I stay up most of the night watching stuff most other people watch during the day or evening! What art is that you sell then Ninj? I take it your a former art student? I know very little about it to be honest although I do know Damien Hirst as he lives up the road, he's a nice guy, very reserved, now what you really expect given how, well to me anyway and I'm a complete art virgin, eccentric his work is. There's two huge stone elephants at the front of his garden though, that looks a little weird from the top of the woods up behind my house as you can see over it.

quote:

Student dept huh? Damn! I haven't had any but have heard all about it! I'm still at home also, hoping to get a studio sorted out within this year or next though, were I'll be spending a lot more of my time (painting and such). If you want Ninj's "Word's of Wisdom", I say just enjoy being at home while you can. I pay rent and all but I'm so grateful that it's not half as much as living in a flat in the middle of Edinburgh.

You lucky, lucky, LUCKY thing! To be fair, the SLC debt is bearable, they offer you good repayment plans and the interest is next to nothing as long as you keep paying off bit by bit, the bank overdraft on the other hand is an entirely different kettle of fish and Natwest aren't proving to be such the "friendly bank" they advertise on TV I can assure you! Yeah you're definitely right, I get along pretty well here too, it's just a long way from anything and the public transport is terrible, that's the biggest issue with living here. I've been to Edinburgh three times on holiday (twice to see the Military Tattoo) and I can imagine the city centre is very expensive for a basic, rented flat. I always remember the sun shining when we were there, three weeks of touring Scotland each time and I think it rained for a day and a half altogether at most!

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to NinjaShortbread212)
Post #: 572
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 30/3/2012 4:01:51 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Yeah, same here, and I gave in. I want to offer you different advice mate, but I can't.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 573
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 30/3/2012 4:04:35 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Art

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 574
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 30/3/2012 4:05:34 AM   
Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Goodfella

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I'm awake, this script is kicking my ass

Script he says? Also, I stare blankly at your username briefly, I thought you were one of the green people?

You thought I was a Mod?

And, it's actually scripts . A sit-com and a zombie movie but I'm working on the zombie flick just now. Really trying hard to think of something new to add to the genre. It's my own fault, really

Yeah I did. You weren't were you? I don't know anymore, sorry.

Post #: 575
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 30/3/2012 4:17:52 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

Tell me about it! I've been getting up the last four days at 5am for the cricket but that's finished now but even though it is I'll still by going to bed around 4.30am most nights, since I've discovered downloading as well (or rather learnt how to do it properly) that's stolen a big portion of my soul and I stay up most of the night watching stuff most other people watch during the day or evening! What art is that you sell then Ninj? I take it your a former art student? I know very little about it to be honest although I do know Damien Hirst as he lives up the road, he's a nice guy, very reserved, now what you really expect given how, well to me anyway and I'm a complete art virgin, eccentric his work is. There's two huge stone elephants at the front of his garden though, that looks a little weird from the top of the woods up behind my house as you can see over it.

5 in the morning - ouch! I'm actually a self-taught artist and first started painting in Feb 2010, where it was love at first sight and I haven't looked back since. There's a wee link to my gallery in my sig if you wanted to check out my latest works.

That's very cool on Mr. Hirst! Do tell him Ninja says "hi!".

quote:

You lucky, lucky, LUCKY thing! To be fair, the SLC debt is bearable, they offer you good repayment plans and the interest is next to nothing as long as you keep paying off bit by bit, the bank overdraft on the other hand is an entirely different kettle of fish and Natwest aren't proving to be such the "friendly bank" they advertise on TV I can assure you! Yeah you're definitely right, I get along pretty well here too, it's just a long way from anything and the public transport is terrible, that's the biggest issue with living here. I've been to Edinburgh three times on holiday (twice to see the Military Tattoo) and I can imagine the city centre is very expensive for a basic, rented flat. I always remember the sun shining when we were there, three weeks of touring Scotland each time and I think it rained for a day and a half altogether at most!

I'm glad it's not too bad for you then (the student debt). I've heard some proper horror stories that would put me off for life. I did consider going to study art but I'm selling now in an online gallery and have just completed Spaldy's band artwork, then I'll be working on producing film artwork and starting to that in June so I shouldn't complain really! The Millitary Tattoo is aceballs! I've only ever been once *hangs head* but I guess that's what happens when you're a local. Glad too that you got good weather - a rarity here but it's been hot the past week so fingers crossed!

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 30/3/2012 4:19:05 AM >

Art

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 576
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 30/3/2012 4:23:36 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

Right, definitely off to bed this time. Goodnight all!

Art

Post #: 577
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 30/3/2012 4:24:52 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Yeah I did. You weren't were you? I don't know anymore, sorry.

Nope, never been a Mod

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 578
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 1/4/2012 3:14:08 AM   
Goodfella

Sorry about the late reply Ninj, I fell asleep on the night and can't do these things by halves as it does say in the title, 'Post between 3.00am and 4.00am' although technically I'm typing this out at 2.56am so I am partially cheating!

quote:

5 in the morning - ouch! I'm actually a self-taught artist and first started painting in Feb 2010, where it was love at first sight and I haven't looked back since. There's a wee link to my gallery in my sig if you wanted to check out my latest works.

That's very cool on Mr. Hirst! Do tell him Ninja says "hi!".

That's cool, I have a lot of admiration for people who are self-taught in their arena of work, qualifications stand up today of course but there's something about desire, drive and passion to succeed at something without going down the, shall we say, manufactured route. It's like cheffing, the best chefs I know are self-taught or gained their certificates through working in kitchens for guys like Michael Caines and Rick Stein, rather than going to college and doing a three-year NVQ in which their taught the fine art of how to cut, prepare and dress a chicken, but don't know how to do 20 of them in the space of 30 minutes to a packed dining room of 70-odd people because they've never worked in a proper restaurant.

I checked out the link, like I said I no next to nothing about the subject, but I like your work, I'm especially impressed you've been doing it for such a short space of time! I see you've sold a few pieces, that must bring a great sense of worth into the whole thing, without wanting to make it sound money-orientated, but when people are willing to pay you a sum for something personal and independent to you that is as much a filler of enjoyment and pleasure as it is work, that must be a great feeling?

Yeah Mr Hirst is a fairly cool guy, I know his gardener pretty well and as a thank-you present for his work in 2008 he flew him out on a private jet to watch the Man United v Chelsea CL final in Moscow in a VIP box. That's not an everyday present from an employer now is it!? I know he occasionally does take on students for internships and work experience and whatnot, although I think his studios are more closer to Bristol and London than down here, I know there must be one somewhere though as the daughter of a friend of my mum's spent some time there. I don't know what it is about the village I live in down here, sure the scenery's beautiful etc. but it's not top-end countryside housing market yet both Billy Bailey and Danny Dyer have houses here (I've served Bailey several times in different places of work, I'm not a fan, I've seen Dyer cruise by once in his Bentley Sports, he looked well out of place) and Jude Law has a house somewhere close by. To be honest given how quiet it is during the winter and the complete lack of life some days, I could be living next door to Stephen Fry and I'm not even sure I'd know!

quote:

I'm glad it's not too bad for you then (the student debt). I've heard some proper horror stories that would put me off for life. I did consider going to study art but I'm selling now in an online gallery and have just completed Spaldy's band artwork, then I'll be working on producing film artwork and starting to that in June so I shouldn't complain really! The Millitary Tattoo is aceballs! I've only ever been once *hangs head* but I guess that's what happens when you're a local. Glad too that you got good weather - a rarity here but it's been hot the past week so fingers crossed!

Yeah, to be honest given the current job market, the impending tuition fee rise and frankly, the standard of university teaching, I wouldn't waste your money. You've got a perfectly good and perfectly plausible way into the line of work you want to do with obviously some good contacts and starting points, why taken on 30,000 worth of debt to add a little piece of paper to that that is becoming more and more undesirable these days, especially given the perception of students created by those rioting thugs last year. Yeah it was pretty amazing, we got tickets kind of last-minute on both occasions as well, lord knows how, we were in our touring caravan so we moved around a fair bit but that was pleasing the weather was so good. Enjoyed the festival too, would love to do that again. Not in a caravan though, I'm tired of caravans, I just can't take them anymore. Ever watched two grown men try and unpack and put up an awning? It is the most painful experience in life, I think the record time for us was roughly three and a half hours to get everything sorted, and that's after a six-hour drive!

Post #: 579
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 1/4/2012 3:35:19 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

quote:

Sorry about the late reply Ninj, I fell asleep on the night and can't do these things by halves as it does say in the title, 'Post between 3.00am and 4.00am' although technically I'm typing this out at 2.56am so I am partially cheating!

Hey! No problemo. I realised that the thread was kind of going "out of hours" that morning anyway.

quote:

That's cool, I have a lot of admiration for people who are self-taught in their arena of work, qualifications stand up today of course but there's something about desire, drive and passion to succeed at something without going down the, shall we say, manufactured route. It's like cheffing, the best chefs I know are self-taught or gained their certificates through working in kitchens for guys like Michael Caines and Rick Stein, rather than going to college and doing a three-year NVQ in which their taught the fine art of how to cut, prepare and dress a chicken, but don't know how to do 20 of them in the space of 30 minutes to a packed dining room of 70-odd people because they've never worked in a proper restaurant.

I agree, there's a lot of "snobbery" that goes on in the art world and I'm sure it's the same in many occupations but I say, if someone is content in what they're doing and they're not harming anybody, then for heaven's sake, let them do it! After all, Jack Vettriano is a self-taught artist and look at the empire he has built for himself!

quote:

I checked out the link, like I said I no next to nothing about the subject, but I like your work, I'm especially impressed you've been doing it for such a short space of time! I see you've sold a few pieces, that must bring a great sense of worth into the whole thing, without wanting to make it sound money-orientated, but when people are willing to pay you a sum for something personal and independent to you that is as much a filler of enjoyment and pleasure as it is work, that must be a great feeling?

Thanks so much on your kind words, I realise I'm very much the novice but once I get my studio up and running I plan to really impress. I love it and honestly couldn't see myself doing anything else. I've just added my "Begotten" piece to the gallery, which I'll need to get set in mount on Tuesday and I always feel a little sparkle come to my eye when I see my gallery getting fuller. I used to have a lot more work on there but got really tough on myself and got rid of some, to which I regret a bit now but you live and learn I guess.

quote:

Yeah, to be honest given the current job market, the impending tuition fee rise and frankly, the standard of university teaching, I wouldn't waste your money. You've got a perfectly good and perfectly plausible way into the line of work you want to do with obviously some good contacts and starting points, why taken on 30,000 worth of debt to add a little piece of paper to that that is becoming more and more undesirable these days, especially given the perception of students created by those rioting thugs last year.

Again, I concur and thank you. I hope that I'm marketing myself correctly but it has been working fine so far.

quote:

Yeah it was pretty amazing, we got tickets kind of last-minute on both occasions as well, lord knows how, we were in our touring caravan so we moved around a fair bit but that was pleasing the weather was so good. Enjoyed the festival too, would love to do that again. Not in a caravan though, I'm tired of caravans, I just can't take them anymore. Ever watched two grown men try and unpack and put up an awning? It is the most painful experience in life, I think the record time for us was roughly three and a half hours to get everything sorted, and that's after a six-hour drive!

Glad you enjoyed the 'burgh! There's some pretty spectacular sites to be seen here and Christmas is a fantastic time, as you'll get the German Markets visiting us and Princes Street is just a gem. The Festival's a bit too rowdy for me but they do do good comedy shows etc.

Anyhoo, glad to catch you, I'm off now to attempt to have an early night/ morning!

Have a rockin' Sunday Goodfella.

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 1/4/2012 3:38:45 AM >

Art

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 580
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 1/4/2012 4:27:46 AM   
indysgill

WHY am I still up!?!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

Post #: 581
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 1/4/2012 4:29:28 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

You're waiting for our drawing game to begin on Facebook?

Which by the way I WILL get 'round to. Promise.

< Message edited by NinjaShortbread212 -- 1/4/2012 4:32:13 AM >

Art

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 582
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 9/4/2012 3:57:33 AM   
Hood_Man

INBEFORETHE4!!

Post #: 583
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 9/4/2012 3:58:45 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

#ThreadBump - me too!

Art

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 584
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 9/4/2012 3:59:18 AM   
Hood_Man

ANDAGAIN!

Post #: 585
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 9/4/2012 3:59:34 AM   
Hood_Man

Playing chicken with a thread, this is lame

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 586
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 9/4/2012 4:00:54 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

Still 4AM. This is like roulette.

Art

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 587
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 9/4/2012 4:03:48 AM   
Hood_Man

POST LATE, SMASH THE SYSTEM!

Post #: 588
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 9/4/2012 4:04:19 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

You wee rebel!

Art

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 589
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 29/6/2012 3:15:29 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Anyone else about?

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 590
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 29/6/2012 3:21:08 AM   
Lazarus munkey

Me. Working nights with very little to do.

"Because I got the answers"

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
The Amazing Spider-Man 3/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 591
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 29/6/2012 3:21:43 AM   
NinjaShortbread212

I'm here! Just trying to get my new newsletter up and ready for online publishing. Would mush rather be asleep right now though.

Art

Post #: 592
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 29/6/2012 3:24:02 AM   
homersimpson_esq

I'm starting to flag a little, but still buzzing from a top night. Only had one pint. Tho the four cokes may have something to do with being awake... 

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 593
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 29/6/2012 3:24:45 AM   
Lazarus munkey

Lines or glasses?

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

Post #: 594
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 29/6/2012 3:28:05 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Bedoom tsh.

Glasses...

Tbh, it's probably more that I just spent an entire evening to 2am with a girl I really like, that has me buzzing.

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to Lazarus munkey)
Post #: 595
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 29/6/2012 3:29:54 AM   
Lazarus munkey

Ah, the penny drops. Did you make a move?

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

Post #: 596
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 29/6/2012 3:33:52 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Nah. Early days.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 597
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 29/6/2012 3:38:33 AM   
Lazarus munkey

Good luck, mate. Does she make you laugh?

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

Post #: 598
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 29/6/2012 3:42:54 AM   
homersimpson_esq

Yeah, and vice versa.

Bristol Bad Film Club

Post #: 599
RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread - 29/6/2012 3:46:41 AM   
Lazarus munkey

Can't beat that, bud. If she's also intelligent and fit, I'd propose tomorrow.

Think she likes you?

Last 5 seen
Chronicle 4/5
Young Adult 4/5
21 Jump Street 4/5
The Apartment 5/5

Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Post between 3.00 and 4.00 am Thread Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI