Teachers

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Teachers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Teachers - 24/5/2006 10:34:09 AM   
Base

I did a search and couldn't find a thread for this show...

I just started watching the last series last night.  Ok, it's not as good as some of the earlier ones, but it's nowhere near as bad as I was led to believe (I could be biased as it was shot in my old school, looks smaller!).  The third episode is one of the funniest of the whole run!

Anyone know if there is definitely no chance of this being brought back??  Or why Kurt, Brian & Matt left??

I noticed on IMDB that there is an American version of the show now.  Sounds to me like something that could work if they did do an American version of it and not just re-shoot the same thing with American actors, but sounds like they didn't, oh well.  Anyone seen it??

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!
Post #: 1
RE: Teachers - 24/5/2006 11:59:39 AM   
Joedini

The first 2 series were fantasticand I loved every episode, the third an forth just didnt do anything for me.

The american show 'Teachers' was cancelled after only a few episodes I think

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 2
RE: Teachers - 24/5/2006 12:39:25 PM   
elab49

I'm not surprised the US version was canned - didn't they half the running time and change it into teachers and romance thing?

Completely missing most of the very sly humour of the original. Series 3 on I didn't think it was nearly as good - I used to love the surreal things going on in the background. I assumed the writer was a big fan of A Very Peculiar Practice which had similar visual non sequitors.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 3
RE: Teachers - 24/5/2006 1:07:30 PM   
Alvin Stardust

It was good but arguably Jumped the Shark when Kurt and Brian were written (very badly!) out.

"A coo, a coo, I just want you"

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 4
RE: Teachers - 24/5/2006 1:37:59 PM   
Base

That was terrible just having them turn out to be dead, WTF was that all about?!?!  Did they piss off the script writers or something!?!?

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to Alvin Stardust)
Post #: 5
RE: Teachers - 24/5/2006 3:24:30 PM   
Bruce Wayne

it wasn't the same when Andrew Lincoln left the show. Shame as I really did love it, but it definately won't be returning.

Let's hug it out bitch

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 6
RE: Teachers - 24/5/2006 3:44:42 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

That was terrible just having them turn out to be dead, WTF was that all about?!?!  Did they piss off the script writers or something!?!?

I  just assumed they quit and moved on. Kurt moved to that awful Golden Hour thing (as well as Doctor Who!). I think the only thing I've seen Brian in was the live Quatermass prog as the journalist.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 7
RE: Teachers - 24/5/2006 4:00:02 PM   
Jules

I loved series 1-3 but never bothered with the fourth. Couldn't see the point after Brian and Kurt were no longer in it as they were the best thing the program. I actually found series three to have some of the best episodes. Sure the first two were great but some of the things Andrew Lincolns character got up to were almost painful to watch.

Never underestimate the power of denial

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8
RE: Teachers - 24/5/2006 8:13:30 PM   
elab49

I was devastated when Susan left. She was my god.

Which reminds me - must start thread!

quote:

(in reply to Jules)
Post #: 9
RE: Teachers - 27/5/2006 11:02:58 AM   
Steffs

Teachers was brilliant.  It at least showed teachers as HUMAN other shows about teachers just seem to linger on their "wrong" doings and not their day to day trials.  Yes things funny happen in school.  My husband then a gardening teacher caught 7 pupils racing around the playground with wheel barrows.  When he challenged them he got the reply.  "It's all right Sir we're in formation we're the RED BARROWS".

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 10
RE: Teachers - 31/5/2006 10:17:34 AM   
Base

*LOL* @ Steffs

Well, I finished series 4, it's not half as bad as it's supposed to be, tho still not as good as the earlier series.  Afterwards, I went back and watched the first few episodes of the first series, it's a completely different show!?  The 4th series is almost a spoof of the first couple, much more of an outright surreal comedy than a drama with some comedy moments in it.  Neither is bad, but can see why it lost it's original audience...

(in reply to Steffs)
Post #: 11
RE: Teachers - 31/5/2006 1:07:35 PM   
Dragonfall 5

I love this programme.  Must get round to buying the DVD's.  Very surreal and, as someone has already said, very similar to A Very Peculier Practice

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 12
RE: Teachers - 1/6/2006 11:34:08 PM   
My Life in Pictures

Loved the first few series. The episode where Kurt and Brian break-up after they get mistaken as a married couple has to be my favourite.

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Teachers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI