Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) - 25/1/2010 12:43:45 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

So Funny People and Gamer aren't available on Lovefilm.....Grr

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to waterwizard2005)
Post #: 181
RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) - 17/10/2010 9:12:08 PM   
SilentBob

They also don't have Inglorious Basterds or Robin Hood

Blah Blah Blah

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 182
RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) - 13/5/2011 11:29:42 AM   
elab49

Since introducing Top TIcket Blockbuster have really been taking the piss with logging in returns promptly - whereas they used to add a day over returns to another DVD rental (too regular to be just the post), it's now up to 5 days. I've twice had to push them with lost DVD notifications because their system just isn't updating.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to SilentBob)
Post #: 183
RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) - 27/5/2011 6:50:37 PM   
sparkwood

quote:

ORIGINAL: SilentBob

They also don't have Inglorious Basterds or Robin Hood

Lovefilm have an ongoing dispute with Universal Pictures which means that Universals more recent releases are not available. This goes back to November 2009 and so anything since then will only be available to buy. Nowhere on the site is this outlined or explained - emailing Lovefilm for a list of unavailable titles gets only a polite corporate response that doesnt address the issue directly. I don't think this is something they want to publicise.

(in reply to SilentBob)
Post #: 184
RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) - 30/5/2011 5:36:40 PM   
MI Cruise

I've noticed that Lovefilm are letting you have a 2 month free trial instead of the usual 14 day one, I was wondering whether this offer will last for a few months or whether its going to end after this month?

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to sparkwood)
Post #: 185
RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) - 18/7/2011 6:37:07 PM   
Chopper

I've signed up to Natwest Siler Account, I get free lovefilm rentas (3 a month plus 2hr's online).

This'll be my 2nd time with LoveFilm, all looks the same, wish me luck! :D

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 186
RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) - 25/4/2012 12:33:51 PM   
The Hooded Man

Lovefilm don't have boxsets like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars blu ray to rent either? Is it worth switching to Netflix?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Chopper)
Post #: 187
RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) - 25/4/2012 12:56:28 PM   
elab49

Netflix only do online streaming - they certainly don't have anything like LOTR or Star Wars in their library. Very few big name films. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 188
RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) - 18/11/2012 9:17:30 PM   
Mister Coe

As an internet newbie, I'm doing the free month Netflix thing right now, and I''m quite happy with it... I'm catching up with shows I've always wanted to see but haven't had access to like Dexter, Breaking Bad, the last couple of seasons of The Office (US), a couple of 80's classics that I haven't seen in a couple of decades ( Remo - Unarmed and Dangerous and Lifeforce) and, surprisingly, a few movies that I didn't think would be on free streaming right now. 21 Jump Street, anyone?

And I got to watch Dreams Of A Life, which I've been dying to watch since last Christmas but it didn't show up on DVD or Channel 4. Superb and moving.

Is Lovefilm any better? I might check out their free month as well...

Say what now?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 189
RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) - 26/12/2012 3:18:49 PM   
elab49

Dreams of a Life has been on TV now I think, but it was on Netflix for a while first.

I guess it depends if you're only using Lovefilm for streaming. I use it for home rental so it has any released film you could want, with possibly the best back catalogue available in the UK. Exceptions are a couple pf small imprints that don't allow their titles to be rented anywhere.

And the odd big name doesn't change the problem that, unless you're doing TV catch-up, films being added to Netflix flow like treacle. Films like Tucker & Dale and Dreams of a Life (and a good chunk of the rest in the NEW line) have been showing there for more than 6 months, some much more, with no movement. It's why it's worth getting a vpn and using your netflix sub to view the US site.

quote:

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 190
RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) - 2/8/2013 12:07:03 AM   
Mister Coe

OK, no-ones gotten on this thread since BLINKBOX came out... I'm happy with them.  Most movies as soon as they come out on DVD, rental prices the same as a video store would charge (the last video store in my hometown closed down months ago) and the streaming quality is fine.

Plus they've got series 3 of GAME OF THRONES... fuck you, Sky! 

Say what now?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 191
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion >> RE: Best Online Rental Shops (Please advise) Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI