Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The most under-rated movie ever?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: The most under-rated movie ever? Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 1:01:57 PM   
BatSpider

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatSpider

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think the ppl who hate this movie are a) geeks who can't handle a couple of major characters getting killed, and b) sheep following the tide of geek opinion. What a bunch of pussies. For me the movie has a proper edge and it's the best X-Men of all.

Written with all the wit and intelligence you'd expect from a Brett Ratner fanboy. Come back when your I.Q. reaches above absolute zero.

Brett Ratner has fanboys? If u want we can discuss X3 at Hyde Park sometime, u can bring ur weapons of choice I'll bring my nunchukas.

Why would I want to go all the way to hyde park to meet an idiot with nunchucks?

So u can get clouted upside the head, lad! When u wake up th next week u will see X3 as freakin class.

So now you're threatening me with violence? A very mature way to deal with someone you disagree with. I assume your still in high school by your juvenile attitude kiddo, so let me make this clear, any more threats and I'll be reporting you, got that?

High school is better than th nursery! Who u gona report to bruv? Professor X??

"Baby, you make me wish I had THREE hands!"

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 391
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 1:02:26 PM   
Rgirvan44

Oh BatSpider - you special little snow flake.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 392
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 1:19:31 PM   
elab49

Dear god this awful looking film isn't worth aggro, surely?

a) stick to commenting on reviews - commenting on other poster's IQs will likely be taken as trouble-making. If you have a problem with a post, report it.
b) 'pretend' or otherwise threats of violence are not acceptable on the site. So please stick the keyboard warrior crap elsewhere.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 393
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 1:26:40 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Dear god this awful looking film isn't worth aggro, surely?

a) stick to commenting on reviews - commenting on other poster's IQs will likely be taken as trouble-making. If you have a problem with a post, report it.
b) 'pretend' or otherwise threats of violence are not acceptable on the site. So please stick the keyboard warrior crap elsewhere.

"Keyboard warrior" - I now have an image of a couple of film geeks meeting in the middle of a park and awkwardly saying hello after trash talking each other.

On a related note - it says something about this years blockbusters that a thread like this is getting activity.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 394
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 1:29:38 PM   
elab49

Surely they'd be communicating remotely via text on phones rather than actually making actual eyecontact?

Maybe doing some kind of Summer Wars thing (Japanese animation version (ish) of War Games).

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 395
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 1:31:49 PM   
Rgirvan44

Very true.

Always find these review threads interesting for the people who likely were disappointed but tried to love it. Superman Returns had the same sort of thread.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 396
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 1:39:47 PM   
elab49

If you shell out for the cinema you always go in with some level of hope.

Given how thoroughly this has been trashed, I wonder if it would actually be more fun going in expecting something awful.

quote:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 397
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 1:46:14 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

Given how thoroughly this has been trashed, I wonder if it would actually be more fun going in expecting something awful.

Well Transformers is coming out in a week or so.

Anyone that actully pays to see that film after part 2, has to be going in expecting something awful.  

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 398
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 1:50:28 PM   
elab49

You can also get a Fifth Element though. Lambasted on release, no real anticipation renting it out on VHS, and then love at first sight.

'course I don't think Green Lantern will achieve that - I thought Thor was fun but the consensus seems to be GL doesn't manage to hit that tone at all.

quote:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 399
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 1:51:45 PM   
elab49

Also, this is not remotely a suggestion that Transformers will be anything other than shit!

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 400
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 2:05:40 PM   
Rgirvan44

Well I saw Fifth Element in the cinema on intital release (this 12 year old was given a choice of that or Batman and Robin) and I have been on that particular bandwagon for a long time.

Green Lantern and Thor are both rubbish. X Men First Class was good, but even that is fading from memory. Pirates was crap. Hangover 2 was crap.

I know people always trot out the "This year was the worst ever" but 2011 has one of the worst summer line ups since 2001. And there isn't even a District 9/Inception to look forward to. Even the Pixar film of the year is yuck!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 401
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 2:10:06 PM   
elab49

I've not seen First Class yet. Wouldn't waste my money on Pirates and loathed the first Hangover. I enjoyed Thor - and I agree on Pixar. But you're right - I can't really think of any 'big' films I'm looking forward to. There's really just the feeling of dread over Tinker, Tailor, if that counts.

Maybe Troll Hunter counts

quote:

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 402
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 2:14:21 PM   
superdan

I'm looking forward to Cowboys & Aliens, Captain America (Chris Evans is usually good value), and who knows - maybe Harry Potter will have a barnstorming send-off. God help me, I'm even a little excited about Transformers now I've seen the preview times for it next week.

There have been many more misses than hits so far this year though, no doubt about that.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 403
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 4:26:34 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Chainsaw beats nunchukas Spaldron. That tip was for free, stick with me kid and I'll make you a star.

Noted, got ma chainsaw and everything 'blud'!

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 404
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 5:03:37 PM   
Scruffybobby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Well I saw Fifth Element in the cinema on intital release (this 12 year old was given a choice of that or Batman and Robin) and I have been on that particular bandwagon for a long time.

Green Lantern and Thor are both rubbish. X Men First Class was good, but even that is fading from memory. Pirates was crap. Hangover 2 was crap.

I know people always trot out the "This year was the worst ever" but 2011 has one of the worst summer line ups since 2001. And there isn't even a District 9/Inception to look forward to. Even the Pixar film of the year is yuck!

Cowboys and Aliens looks pretty good and I'm really looking forward to Super 8.

For the record I really quite enjoyed Last Stand. It wasn't as good as X2 but I'd put it pretty much on a par with the first one, which I liked but never quite as much as most seem to. It was just too much like a pilot episode than a film in itself. The second is the best for me, then First Class, then 1 and 3, then Wolverine a long way behind.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 405
RE: The most under-rated movie ever? - 20/6/2011 5:12:43 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Worked for The Avengers.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 406
RE: X-Men: The Last Stand - 27/9/2011 4:46:18 AM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mabs

I saw X-men the last stand, a few days ago and...enjoyed it quite immensely. the feeling i got throughout the whole film was of a much darker x-men film then usual...my only complaints are as follows:

1) The humour, sure there were a few moments but it just shows you what a big contribution Singer made to the franchise by adding wit, humour but most of all..Heart.

2) To me, the score of the film is very important, the first X-men was beautiful...reaching its pinacle at the scene where wolverine saves Rogue by giving her his power of Healing and losing consciousness in the process...that scene gets me all the time...no doubt made more powerful by the beautiful SCORE...also X-men 2, especially Pyro's theme which i think is just excellent...poignant....etc.

But to really appreciate a film you can never really sum a pictur up by vieweing it only once. i mean when i first saw X-men 2, i thought it was O.K...but not superior to the first. only after purchasing it on DVD and watching it a few times have i found out that i love the sequel more...sort of like the Empire Strikes Back syndrome! so basically, i think watching X3 again will improve one's appreciation of it. so many things make this a worthy sequel, the essurection of jean Grey as Storm and reall y making me crap myself when her other personality took over, and one nasty shck in oparticular which left me gobsmacked!!! also the effects have been much improved upon since X2.....and oh yeh, vinny jones is just wrong .but all in all...thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone.......

my rating for X3 is deffinetly 4 Stars (and oh yeh, Empire..whats with the 3 stars?)

Adios

What the hell was I thinking!?!! (yep, thats the 'old' me there!) clearly the years that have passed since I last made this comment has made me wiser, because X3 is SHIT with a capital S!!! It is a travesty of a film and craps all over the good work done by Singer on parts 1 and 2. As a big X fan, I am pissed as an ox. I'd give it 0 stars if I could.

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 27/9/2011 4:48:16 AM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Mabs)
Post #: 407
X-Men: The Last Stand Review - 14/12/2011 4:15:32 PM   
the film man

Director Brett Ratner has replaced the heart, emotion and character development of the previous X-Men films with more action and explosions. The film should still provide ample entertainment, but you may truly wish this to be the Last Stand.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 408
Ka-POW! More Punch Than Emotion - 31/7/2012 2:40:38 AM   
JHFilmReviews

'X-Men' and 'X2' were both highly interesting and enveloping films, both emotionally and physically. X3 takes hold of the physical side. The CG effects are quite well laid out. And you can't beat Kelsey Grammer as Beast.
The humour is also cranked up a tad bit. Vinnie Jones brings in laughs. (sometimes too many) as Juggernaut and Cyclops' and Wolverine's bitter friendship is plagued with slightly cheesy lines.
The end sequence is a star. It brings out the X-Men as what they are in the comics of modern times- super-powered freaks.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 409
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: The most under-rated movie ever? Page: <<   < prev  10 11 12 13 [14]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI