Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Scrubs Appreciation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Scrubs Appreciation Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scrubs Appreciation - 17/5/2006 9:10:49 AM   
Peephole

I'm now convinced this is the funniest show on TV, it also has a nice moral at the end....appreciate damn you! Or disrespect, which ever, I'm getting my post count up either way.

''You're a funny man, Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last.''
Post #: 1
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 17/5/2006 9:40:57 AM   
Nezzley

Yep, great self-deprecating humour and at least one hilarious rant per episode from Dr Cox "Hey can i get you a beer? This is a mens room, there's absolutley no talking in here!"

"Baby i'm in the jungle of mystery and i've just been tortured by a spinal surgeon and a genuine iraqi, yeh i'm serious!

(in reply to Peephole)
Post #: 2
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 17/5/2006 9:46:03 AM   
PedroSanchez

I watched two episodes of this on TV. Then went and ordered the first three season's straight after.

''What business is it of yours where I'm from, friendo?''

(in reply to Nezzley)
Post #: 3
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 17/5/2006 1:45:37 PM   
bluegender_2k

this is one of the funniest TV show going. does anyone know when we will be getting season 5?

(in reply to PedroSanchez)
Post #: 4
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 17/5/2006 1:49:25 PM   
Chief Wiggum

quote:

ORIGINAL: bluegender_2k

this is one of the funniest TV show going. does anyone know when we will be getting season 5?

should be soon, the series finished last  night in the US, with a relatively shocking ending. I will say that the fifth series is in no way as good as the first four. it would have been nice if they had left it at four and had a decent ending.

The Empire Forum Photo Competition - join now for fun and profit. okay no profit, or fun. but do it anyway!

(in reply to bluegender_2k)
Post #: 5
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 17/5/2006 2:42:56 PM   
Merly

I loved the first two series but the third was just nowhere near as good. I was dissapointed. I haven't seen the fourth series yet. However Dr Cox is and will always remain a legend.

The She shepherd hot chocolated me, it's her juju.

(in reply to Chief Wiggum)
Post #: 6
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 17/5/2006 4:34:22 PM   
comicbookguy

So is your face!

HGW XX/ 7

(in reply to Merly)
Post #: 7
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 17/5/2006 11:49:20 PM   
Phil884

I type this as I download the last couple of epispdes for series 5 but I have to side with Chief Wiggum and say that series 5 (barring "My Lunch") was not a patch on the first 4 series. Having said that, any series of Scrubs is far better than most others. Oh, and my mate at channel 4 says that series 5 is meant to kick off in August (he's generally full of crap but could be right on this one, you never know!)

I accept nothing from a man who imprisons his guests in a commode

Post #: 8
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 17/5/2006 11:57:57 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief Wiggum

quote:

should be soon, the series finished last  night in the US, with a relatively shocking ending. I will say that the fifth series is in no way as good as the first four. it would have been nice if they had left it at four and had a decent ending.

I disagree, I think Season 5 is one of the best seasons, much better than season one which is the weakest so far.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

Post #: 9
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 18/5/2006 12:14:04 AM   
Phil884

I guess it depends on what you like. I liked series 5 but just didn't think it was as funny as the previous ones. JD seemed more annoying than he ever used to be. That said i still love the show and any episode of scrubs is better than most others.

I accept nothing from a man who imprisons his guests in a commode

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 10
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 18/5/2006 12:34:22 AM   
Jim

Scrubs is my favourite show (check the av)! I've got the first 3 seasons on DVD, just finished watching them all recently, and I'm in the process of getting seasons 4 and 5 off a friend (I saw a lot of season 4 when it was on TV but I can always watch it again and again).

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to Phil884)
Post #: 11
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 18/5/2006 4:46:54 PM   
The Janitor

I agree with Phil. I have been left a bit cold by series 5 some of the humour seems to have lost it edge. Scrubs always managed to strike a fine balance between fantasy and reality but I felt the fifth series just strayed too much into fantasy for my liking but it has already been stated it beats most of the other comedies on TV at the moment. 

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 12
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 18/5/2006 10:00:24 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I don't think I have ever found a show as funny as Scrubs. I haven't seen series 5 yet, but 1-4 are hilarious, and each series was better than the last. I still haven't seen an episode that didn't have me burst out laughing.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to The Janitor)
Post #: 13
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 18/5/2006 10:43:31 PM   
UTB

I love Scrubs, it's definately one of the funniest shows i've seen.

So who's everybody's favourite character?

After careful consideration measured in fits of laughter, it's Bob Kelso who makes me piss myself the most. Sublime.

"What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? Bob Kelso. How are you?"
"What has two thumbs and still doesnt give a crap? Bob Kelso. I thought we'd met?"

"You know Perry, it may be because I havent had my morning coffee yet that I'm struggling to come up with a more colorful way of saying "Who gives a crap?".
Actually, that wasn't half bad"

< Message edited by UTB -- 18/5/2006 10:49:53 PM >

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 14
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 18/5/2006 10:50:20 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

How could your favourite character not be the Janitor?

"It's a riddle. Two guys destroyed your bike with a crowbar and a bat, one of them wasn't me ..." 

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 15
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 18/5/2006 11:01:11 PM   
Clive_Evil_C

I ended up watching 6 episodes in a row last night, and wasn't bored or fed up with it!

Post #: 16
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 18/5/2006 11:56:52 PM   
Gimli The Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

"It's a riddle. Two guys destroyed your bike with a crowbar and a bat, one of them wasn't me ..." 

He is probably my favourite as well. I particul;arly his storyline involving Elliot in series 3 and 4.

However, I think the hardest I've ever laughed at Scrubs was when The Janitor became a security guard. Dr Cox is running and the Janitir stops him, and taps him with his nightstick. I can't remember exactly what the Janitor says, but it's Dr Cox's reply that gets me

"Here's a story for you. It's called the security guard who was sodomized with his own nightstick"

I laughed so much I was actually in pain.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Much more better!

Post #: 17
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 19/5/2006 12:58:16 AM   
Zao

J.D. stands high above the passing people in a long (we're talking 6-7 feet here) white coat.

J.D.: [booming voice] Hello, citizens! Welcome to Sacred Heart! Home of the world's most giant doctor! Be not afraid! I'm just like you! Except I'm giant!
He wiggles a bit and speaks downward.
J.D.: My tush is chafing.
Turk gets out from the bottom of the coat and lets J.D. off his shoulders.
Turk: All right! My turn to get on top!
J.D.: Turk, we tried playing Giant Black Guy. Remember what happened? People ran.
Turk: Damn!

< Message edited by Zao -- 19/5/2006 1:15:58 AM >

"I have to go. But if I find one single dog hair when I get back, I'll rub...sand...in your dead little eyes."

My humble, sweary movie blog

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 18
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 29/11/2006 12:27:49 PM   
Jim

*bump*

I'd just to let people know that Season 6 of Scrubs starts tomorrow in the US. It's on NBC at 9pm, every Thursday.

I can't wait!

On a side note, I'd been under the impression that Season 6 would be the last one as Zach Braff will probably leave afterwards, but according to Wikipedia (that most reputable of sources) there's gonna be a Season 7 with or without JD. Scrubs without JD would be a very different animal, wouldn't it?

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to Zao)
Post #: 19
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 29/11/2006 12:31:50 PM   
steffols

Season 6 will be Zach Braffs last season in Scrubs, however it is not known whether the show will continue without him or not.  I can't see how it can since hes the centre of the whole show.

My favourite season was definetly 3.  Scrubs found its feet in that season, it knew exactly what it had to do.  I love every episode with Brendan Fraser, he was a good character.

There isnt enough love for Laverne!  'You better make this worth my while'  Haha, shes a fantastic character.

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 20
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 29/11/2006 12:39:06 PM   
Jim

I have to say that, contrary to the general feeling in this thread, season 5 is one of my favourites along with season 3.

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 21
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 4/12/2006 11:42:58 AM   
Marky_Mark

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

I really wish the writers would have kept their original idea about Janitor....apparently they were going to leave it right until the end to discover that he didn't actually exist and he was a figment of JD's (overactive) imagination.

Anyway, LOVE Scrubs! Agree that recently (series 5) the comedy has taken a bit of a slump, but it's still one of my all-time favourite shows. Favourite episode has to be from Series 2 'My Philosophy'- any show that can make me laugh out loud and then cry like a baby has to get MarkyMark points!

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

Post #: 22
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 4/12/2006 11:48:09 AM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marky_Mark
I really wish the writers would have kept their original idea about Janitor....apparently they were going to leave it right until the end to discover that he didn't actually exist and he was a figment of JD's (overactive) imagination.

I read that the plan for The Janitor to be a figment of JD's imagination would have only come into use had the show only lasted one Season. Which would explain why for the first Season, JD was the only one that ever spoke or even saw him.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 23
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 5/12/2006 7:51:26 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I'm still watching and thoroughly enjoying series 5 at the moment. The tone of the show seems to have shifted slightly, and it always seems to finish on a sad or moral note, but it's still very funny.

In the last week I've rewatched series 2 and 3. Series 3 is borderline genius, bettered only by series 4. You have to love any show that includes an epiphany toilet.

Series 2 is probably my least favourite series but is still wonderfully funny. "Fork Me can't eat soup"

I'm glad the Janitor became more involved with other characters. Some of his best moments have been away from JD. It's always a joy watching him have a go at Dr Cox or Kelso, and I loved the stroyline between him and Elliot.

Much more better!

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 24
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 5/12/2006 8:57:42 AM   
WilliamMunny

quote:

Its on E4 now, thursdays at 9 i think.

Knife-wrench!

The Janitor, along with the Todd are pretty much my favourite characters,

"In-your-endo"

"face-five"

"I'd like to double her entendre"

Whats not to love?

Scrubs also has had one of the best guest appearances on any comedy that i've ever seen, if you havent watched Michael J. Fox as a doctor with severe obsessive compulsive disorder then you really need to buy the box-set as soon as possible.

Harry Dresden - Wizard
Lost items found. Paranormal investigations. Consulting. Advice. Reasonable rates. No love potions, endless purses, parties or other entertainment.

(in reply to bluegender_2k)
Post #: 25
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 6/12/2006 6:52:35 PM   
Ethanial

Wasn't too impressed with the first episode of season 6, but i felt the same on seasons 3-5 so who knows, just have to wait, i think this baby stuff is getting way too much in the way of the patients, and they got thrown in at the end to tie it ll up just for a few bits of footage.

Fresh update 2010
Original update 2005.

(in reply to WilliamMunny)
Post #: 26
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 7/12/2006 5:28:20 PM   
FrenchMachine

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Season 6 will be Zach Braffs last season in Scrubs, however it is not known whether the show will continue without him or not.  I can't see how it can since hes the centre of the whole show.

My favourite season was definetly 3.  Scrubs found its feet in that season, it knew exactly what it had to do.  I love every episode with Brendan Fraser, he was a good character.

There isnt enough love for Laverne!  'You better make this worth my while'  Haha, shes a fantastic character.

Zach Braff has not made a decision yet as to whether he will continue with Scrubs or bow out.

He was on Radio 1 a few weeks back promoting the The  Last Kiss and Edith Bowman asked him if it was true he is going to leave? He said they were just about to start filming again and he would see how it goes. They film for 6 months of the year and he said it is a little constricting when trying to do other projects but he had made no decision. He did confirm that Scrubs would continue either way.

Braff is a comedy genius, but the rest of the cast are strong enough to carry the show without him. If he leaves, I just hope they dont try and write a character in to replace him. It never, ever works.

Scrubs is the best comedy show on TV. I've seen every episode multiple times and they never get old. That is the sign of absolute quality IMO.

And even a poor episode of Scrubs is still way better than anything else.

This stuff will make you a God damn sexual Tyrannosaurus..................Just like me!!!

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 27
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 7/12/2006 5:30:27 PM   
FrenchMachine

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrenchMachine

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

Zach Braff has not made a decision yet as to whether he will continue with Scrubs or bow out.

He was on Radio 1 a few weeks back promoting the The  Last Kiss and Edith Bowman asked him if it was true he is going to leave? He said they were just about to start filming again and he would see how it goes. They film for 6 months of the year and he said it is a little constricting when trying to do other projects but he had made no decision. He did confirm that Scrubs would continue either way.

Don't believe everything you read. I can't tell you how many places (including empireonline) wrote that Season 5 was definitely the last.

Braff is a comedy genius, but the rest of the cast are strong enough to carry the show without him. If he leaves, I just hope they dont try and write a character in to replace him. It never, ever works.

Scrubs is the best comedy show on TV. I've seen every episode multiple times and they never get old. That is the sign of absolute quality IMO.

And even a poor episode of Scrubs is still way better than anything else.

This stuff will make you a God damn sexual Tyrannosaurus..................Just like me!!!

(in reply to FrenchMachine)
Post #: 28
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 7/12/2006 5:32:21 PM   
FrenchMachine

Shit!

Clicked QUOTE instead of EDIT!!!

Post #: 29
RE: Scrubs Appreciation - 8/12/2006 5:04:57 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

If he does leave it will be a shame, and the whole dynamic of the show will change, but the actors and characters left are more than enough to enable the show to continue. The fact that every episode is based around JD's narration. thoughts, flashbacks and dreams is hugely important to the show, but as a character, I don't think he's the strongest in the show.

I agree with you FrenchMachine. With the exception of series 5, I've seen all the episodes mutiple times now, and they are always fresh and funny. I always seem to be finding new jokes, often little background things that can be missed the first time round, and the big belly laughs (of which there are many) never lose their humour.

Just a shame that after next week double bill, it'll be 6 months without a new Scrubs episode

< Message edited by Gimli The Dwarf -- 1/3/2007 9:04:49 PM >

Much more better!

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Scrubs Appreciation Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI