Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Today I completed...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Today I completed... - 8/1/2013 11:48:19 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

I finished the Lego LOTR storyline yesterday, and very enjoyable it was. Just the usual Lego mopping-up exercise to do now to get all the minikits and red/mithril bricks and I'll have another 1000gp

Fucking hell, you must have flew through that! I seen on TA that you'd only the first level or two. Great game though.

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

The Amazing Spider-Man 100%.

Any good? I liked the look of it but I was holding off until I'd seen the film.

< Message edited by Chief -- 8/1/2013 11:50:33 AM >

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1591
RE: Today I completed... - 14/1/2013 10:25:42 PM   
ChickMagnet

Lego Harry Potter years 5-7 on the Vita, only took 15 and a bit hours to 100% that mofo

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1592
RE: Today I completed... - 15/1/2013 12:01:44 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Well if it's anything like the film I'd imagine the game is piss poor, with low standard voice acting and visuals, and is a game that serves no purpose.

I'd do yourself a favour and stay in your current position of having not seen the film.

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

Finished Batman: Arkham City yesterday. I left such a long gap between starting and finishing it I'm surprised I had so little left to do. I still think its a pretty poor game. Will probably just finish up the side missions as I bought the GOTY edition but can't be bothered with the combat or riddled trophies.

Do tell ...

DJS is right. Well... it's not a poor game by general standards, but when compared to it's predecessor it certainly is.

They ruined the atmosphere, they provided us with a pants story, open world didn't suit the game unlike Arkham Asylum's pseudo sandbox setup, and they tried to shoehorn in so many villains that it just felt rushed and like they'd just thrown everything at a wall to see what stuck.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1593
RE: Today I completed... - 15/1/2013 8:45:55 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

Well if it's anything like the film I'd imagine the game is piss poor, with low standard voice acting and visuals, and is a game that serves no purpose.

I'd do yourself a favour and stay in your current position of having not seen the film.

I'm getting a slight vibe that you're not a fan of the film?

I was hoping for something similar to the Spiderman 2 game. The swinging mechanic and general feeling of being Spidey was great. Shame the rest of the game was pretty repetitive.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 1594
RE: Today I completed... - 15/1/2013 12:45:27 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

I was hoping for something similar to the Spiderman 2 game. The swinging mechanic and general feeling of being Spidey was great. Shame the rest of the game was pretty repetitive.

Loved that game.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1595
RE: Today I completed... - 15/1/2013 1:05:29 PM   
Chief

No other Spidey games have came close. Spiderman Shattered Dimensions was the last one I played and I really didn't like it.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1596
RE: Today I completed... - 15/1/2013 4:08:44 PM   
jcthefirst

quote:

No other Spidey games have came close. Spiderman Shattered Dimensions was the last one I played and I really didn't like it.

You'd think they could have have just stuck with the same formula, with a few additions.

Not as if enough game franchises do that anyway.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1597
RE: Today I completed... - 3/2/2013 7:38:21 PM   
indysgill

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

quote:

I'm getting a slight vibe that you're not a fan of the film?

Its not too bad, the comic collectiing was a pain the arse.
Swinging through Manhatten is loads of fun, you can throw Spidey around without a care.

I would definatly watch the film first as this follows on directly, which i didnt know!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1598
RE: Today I completed... - 4/3/2013 12:01:43 PM   
indysgill

Me again!

Zone of Enders HD Collection.

Completed both, but managed to platinum ZOE 1, ZOE 2 and the SS rank trophies can fuck right off!

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1599
RE: Today I completed... - 28/3/2013 2:11:00 PM   
indysgill

Darksiders 2, one heck of a boring game. It was just fetch quest after fetch quest I got bored very quickly, but decided to perceiver. Then the PS store pissed me off more.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1600
RE: Today I completed... - 15/4/2013 7:55:39 PM   
indysgill

Resident Evil 6, horrid game.
Even 5 was better than this one.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1601
RE: Today I completed... - 16/4/2013 8:22:00 AM   
From_Hell

Prototype 2. Despite being ridiculously easy and 'hand-holdy' it was fantastic fun, smoothed out some of the rough edges from the first game and looked pretty. It is very easy to get the full 1000 GP too, and this is from someone who isn't an achievement whore.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1602
RE: Today I completed... - 19/4/2013 3:58:11 PM   
impqueen

Ive not picked up a game since Skyrim; I rarely have time to play games these days, not to the obsessive level I generally need (succumb to) but I picked up Dishonored last week and finished it Tuesday night. Admittedly a bit late to the party but I thought it was a superb game and I really loved playing it. I hope to get Bishock Infinite next.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 19/4/2013 3:59:02 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1603
RE: Today I completed... - 30/4/2013 11:15:39 PM   
indysgill

Lego Batman 2, enjoyed it alot the voices really added to it.

Now Lego LOTR and Pirates to go and I have completed every one.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 1604
RE: Today I completed... - 8/5/2013 10:25:00 PM   
indysgill

Medal of Honour : War Fighter - wasn't that good.

Should platinum Hitman Absolution tonight, just need a few more bits of evidence and play styles unlocked.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1605
RE: Today I completed... - 19/5/2013 9:48:59 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Hitman Absolution. It's the first Hitman game I've played since I think Hitman: Contracts and I really really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun just roaming around the levels and finding different ways to kill your targets. I might go back through and experiment a little with different ways to kill and scoop up a few other trophies I'm missing Good fun.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1606
RE: Today I completed... - 22/5/2013 9:42:01 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

Got my first ever platinum thanks to Hitman: Absolution Quite chuffed actually considering I'm usually terrible at doing that kind of thing.

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 1607
RE: Today I completed... - 23/5/2013 12:23:33 AM   
Gizmo 76

Alan Wake, and the first of it's DLCs... Enjoyable game overall that delivered the atmosphere by the bucket load. It was let down a bit with the combat especially when you were surrounded, and a lot of walking around woods early on in the game... "Run Alan, stop ducking, your knackered already, turn around, bloody hell a flying bus!"

I still have the second DLC to do, and American Nightmare.

Also a few other games I've finished recently in no particular order :

Luigi's Mansion 2 - Superb handheld sequel
Lego City: Undercover - Your usual lego fun, but this time open world and some cracking dialogue throughout.
Bioshock Infinite - Slow burning start which builds and is totally engrossing to the end

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 1608
RE: Today I completed... - 29/5/2013 8:59:13 PM   
Gizmo 76

Sleeping Dogs - Had this sitting around for a while and I was about halfway through, over the last few days I finished off the main story. It was an enjoyable enough GTA-alike, and extremely brutal at times. The combat system is quite nicely done, but does become a bit hard going on the fingers when you have a big crowd to fight off.

Lego Batman 2 - DC Super Heroes - Played through the story of the Wii U version during the last week, 70% of which was probably done from my bed Co-Op works well with 1 player on the TV and the other with their own screen on the GamePad. Fun DC Lego adventure with some real Epic levels and happenings in the during the campaign.

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 1609
RE: Today I completed... - 2/6/2013 1:51:54 PM   
indysgill

Assassins Creed III - Horrid game, I did not care for Conner at all he was very unlike able as a character.

The sound was screwed and had people next to each other either shouting or so quiet you could not hear them.
Game was buggy as hell too on one liberation mission I completed the objective and got the completed prompt, a second later the game decided I had not completed it and said I had to repeat the mission, but took away all the liberation mission markers as it also thought I had completed it. I was too far in to do a restart.

Only good thing was the naval missions and hunting.

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 1610
RE: Today I completed... - 5/6/2013 8:24:20 AM   
From_Hell

Borderlands 2 - Finished the main storyline and all the side-quests apart from the arena battles, and the horrid ones that were against the clock. I thoroughly enjoyed B2 from start to finish. Some parts made me LOL, the combat was great and there was much more variety in the locations this time. Roll on part 3 on the next-gen systems

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1611
RE: Today I completed... - 8/6/2013 12:38:25 PM   
Aquitaine

Finally got around to getting and finishing 'Ryder White' campaign in 'DEAD ISLAND'. Decided to buy the campaign after I returned 'DI: RIPTIDE' to the shop for a refund.
Also, prior to that, completed the last stretch of 'GTA: Vice City'...again.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 1612
RE: Today I completed... - 27/6/2013 2:28:04 PM   
Gizmo 76

Not today, but from the last few weeks..

Remember Me - Really enjoyable gameplay and great story but in the end all a bit too linear and the repetitive fighting lets it down.... interesting combo system though. Still worth your time if you spot it on the cheap or are a renter!

The Last of Us - Absolutely quality. Perfectly paced and superbly played out story. Very satisfying game, fist and gunplay as you work your way through areas of badness. Only weaknesses being enemy AI being a little blind and uninterested at times when you're in close proximity, and your partner being invisible to them and getting in the way on occasion. But even with this, a real contender for my GOTY and possibly my fav campaign playthrough of this gen

Giz Presents . . .

My Website of Work

(in reply to Aquitaine)
Post #: 1613
RE: Today I completed... - 2/7/2013 7:55:14 PM   
indysgill

Over the last few weeks,

Hitman Absolution - A really good game

Sniper 2 - Ghost Warrior - Not that bad

The Last of Us - Absolute classic.

(in reply to Gizmo 76)
Post #: 1614
RE: Today I completed... - 3/7/2013 12:57:49 PM   
Hooch0959

Asassin's Creed III Like the sailing missions, didn't like the main dude much or Desmond. Twas ok though

Borderlands 2 top stuff, playing through the dlc now and Torgue is funny and Tiny Tina. Loved the combat and the writing was top notch. I never finished the first one, couldn't get into it but I might have to have a second look.

"Stand away from those stern cleats! Back home we get a taxidermy man, he's gonna have a heart attack when he sees what I brung him!"

"I have a gift for disaster"

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1615
RE: Today I completed... - 6/7/2013 1:49:19 PM   
ChickMagnet

Thats Deadpool completed already, a bit disappointing that it took less than a week to do but damn it that game is fun

(in reply to Hooch0959)
Post #: 1616
RE: Today I completed... - 22/7/2013 2:11:00 AM   
indysgill

Resident Evil : Revelations - Not a bad game, better than Res 6!

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 1617
RE: Today I completed... - 23/7/2013 11:12:28 PM   
chilipenguin

Uncharted 3 on Hard. Surprisingly difficult actually, especially as a first run through of any of the Uncharted games.

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

New short story/portfolio blog online HERE

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 1618
RE: Today I completed... - 21/8/2013 10:18:23 PM   
windowlicker

Shadows of The Damned.Average gameplay is saved by a good script,unique atmosphere,akira yamaoka's great soundtrack and fantastic voice acting.Can't wait for Killer is Dead

(in reply to chilipenguin)
Post #: 1619
RE: Today I completed... - 17/10/2013 1:38:39 PM   
juanvasquez

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Traded it in after getting bored with it about 5 years ago, picked it up again recently and started from where I left off. I'm a dick for trading it in as this is one of the best looking games I've played, and certainly my favourite Zelda since the Snes. Felt like it had more endings than Return of the King, but I got there eventually. Lovely credits, too.

I think I'm gonna go through Skyward Sword next. Or maybe Ocarina of Time, again.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to windowlicker)
Post #: 1620
Page:   <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  52 53 [54] 55 56   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI