Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Today I completed...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Today I completed... - 2/7/2012 1:01:19 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

Metal Gear Solid 3 HD, the controls were frustrating.

Try playing MGS2!!!

I did ... and then I went right to Peace Walker!

In short had a good time with Peace Walker. Fingers crossed the story and the mechanics carry on to MGS5.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1531
RE: Today I completed... - 3/7/2012 12:16:44 PM   
indysgill

Finished off Blue Toad Murder Files from the PSN, only took 2 years since I bought it!

Its a funny little puzzle game, voice acting is patchy thats not bat considering its all done by one guy.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1532
RE: Today I completed... - 4/7/2012 10:43:52 PM   
LEEJGM

LA Noire.
I thoroughly enjoyed it and it's graphically superb.

SPOILERS

Why you control another character for the final 3 cases and for Cole to pretty much go missing for these cases was beyond me. I didn't see the point there. Still, a 5 star game without doubt.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1533
RE: Today I completed... - 4/7/2012 11:09:37 PM   
juanvasquez

Lego Batman 2. Full 1000g. First Lego game I've completed without having to step away from it for a while. Brilliant game.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to LEEJGM)
Post #: 1534
RE: Today I completed... - 7/7/2012 5:13:15 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Today I finished Enslaved: Odyssey to the West on the 360.

Absolutely fantastic game, really great fun from start to finish and the perfect length too, it certainly didn't outstay its welcome or leave me thinking is that it.

One of the best games this generation has had to offer.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 1535
RE: Today I completed... - 9/7/2012 11:36:18 AM   
borstal

I am Alive

Nice XBLA title I thought.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 1536
RE: Today I completed... - 9/7/2012 7:54:49 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

I am Alive

Nice XBLA title I thought.

I think it's one of those titles I'll just never get round to finishing, because in some ways being a completionist and bit too competitive has ruined it for me.

I was really enjoying it, got quite far into it too. Then I got to a section where you were encouraged to explore a labrynth of streets an alleys down in the dust, where there were just so many people to help/save, and so many items to collect that distracted you from the main story line. I chose to do and find everything (which I did) but would always end up dying when returning to the correct path because I wanted to use as little of my collected goodies as possible to just replenish the stamina and health I lost collecting the items in the dust in the first place. So it wasn't the difficulty of the game, it was just my own mindset of I can do this with just one can of fruit and two bottles of water that was killing me as I had plenty in my inventory to keep me going.

So unfortunately it was an endless cycle of restarting to spend another 15-20 mins re-doing it all, only to die again.

Maybe I'll go back to it one day, but it's been 2-3 months since release and I'm not particularly keen to revisit the game just yet.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 1537
RE: Today I completed... - 12/7/2012 4:11:32 PM   
sharkboy

Finishd he challenges on Capt America: Super Soldier this morrning. Ths was actually a lot better than I thought it would be - a strange mix of Arkham Asylum and Prince of Persia with decent playability. Worth adding to your LoveFilm queue if you haven't tried it already.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 1538
RE: Today I completed... - 15/7/2012 10:02:33 AM   
emogeek

Lego Batman 2 platinumed, and another 30 odd hours of my life gone.

Once again seeing flashing studs every time I close my eyes - sleep depravation due to Lego is not good for your health.

Roll on Lego Lord Of The RIngs

The Fear Of Blood Tends To Create Fear For The Flesh

Have you ever been halfway through eating a horse and then realised you weren't as hungry as you thought you were?

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1539
RE: Today I completed... - 17/7/2012 11:31:12 PM   
Saltire

Mass Effect 2, just as good as the first, dont think I've ever played a bad Bioware game.

(in reply to emogeek)
Post #: 1540
RE: Today I completed... - 26/7/2012 2:48:16 PM   
MI Cruise

FEAR on PS3 - bad game the story wasnt interesting at all just wanted to make it to finish tbh

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1541
RE: Today I completed... - 27/7/2012 11:50:30 PM   
Saltire

Second run through of Mass Effect on Hardcore, dunno whether to go for Insanity as three playthroughs is a bit much no matter how good a game is; we'll see.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 1542
RE: Today I completed... - 15/8/2012 1:00:15 PM   
Chojin

Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) which I mark as being my eighth in the series!

7 - Once
8 - Twice
9 - Once
10 - At least twice....
10-2 - At least three or four times....
12 - Once
13 - Once on each console
13-2 - Once

I finished XIII-2 in just over 25 hours so it's a lot shorter than XIII. As with X-2 this takes the characters in a whole new direction, direct final fantasy sequels are never straight forward. I think I would have preferred more focus on the original characters and a less confusing storyline (KISS). I managed to follow XIII quite easily but some statements in XIII-2 had me scratching my head for a while.

I think graphically it still ranks as one of the most beautiful games i've looked at - I just wanted more Lightning and Fang.

Bring on XIII-3

p.s. - Final Boss was completed on my first try with a 20 minute epic battle. Hoping some of the side missions offer a greater challenge

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1543
RE: Today I completed... - 15/8/2012 5:47:18 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

Second run through of Mass Effect on Hardcore, dunno whether to go for Insanity as three playthroughs is a bit much no matter how good a game is; we'll see.

Oops forgot to update this. I did complete ME on Insanity though was annoyed I didn't get the companion chievo's that I should have done despite doing every mission with them except two side missions!

Working on Alan Wake now; didn't think I'd enjoy it, but its different and pretty good.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1544
RE: Today I completed... - 15/8/2012 11:08:42 PM   
Lucky Day

Super Mario Land (Gameboy).

All the way through. Hardcore

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1545
RE: Today I completed... - 18/8/2012 11:43:41 PM   
Saltire

Completed Alan Wake, now to replay it on Nightmare difficulty and to finish off some chievo's.

(in reply to Lucky Day)
Post #: 1546
RE: Today I completed... - 1/9/2012 10:20:45 PM   
ChickMagnet

And thats Sleeping Dogs done

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1547
RE: Today I completed... - 4/9/2012 11:01:26 AM   
Pratt82

Completed RAGE on Nightmare Difficulty. Pretty easy to be honest.

Don't think I could go through it again to collect all the Playing Cards in one Campaign, but it's defo worth a rent for anybody who fancy it.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 1548
RE: Today I completed... - 6/9/2012 9:27:49 AM   
sharkboy

Finished the first run through the Witcher 2 story last night.  Now to go for a Dark runthrough to get the rest of the achievements

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1549
RE: Today I completed... - 8/10/2012 9:42:30 AM   
sharkboy

Surely I'm not the only one finishing games?

Having finished Lego Batman 2 a week or so ago, I decided to move onto one of the games that hasn't been touched since I bought it - LA Noire.  Finished the story mode off in the early hours of Saturday morning.  What a bloody great game it is too!  Just need to 5-star one case and find a few more vehicles and movie reels for the full 1400 points.

WWLD?

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1550
RE: Today I completed... - 8/10/2012 9:22:52 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Having finished Lego Batman 2 a week or so ago, I decided to move onto one of the games that hasn't been touched since I bought it - LA Noire. Finished the story mode off in the early hours of Saturday morning. What a bloody great game it is too! Just need to 5-star one case and find a few more vehicles and movie reels for the full 1400 points.

I have LA Noire sitting there also hardly touched, need to rectify that once I finish Borderlands.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1551
RE: Today I completed... - 9/10/2012 6:50:35 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: sharkboy

Having finished Lego Batman 2 a week or so ago, I decided to move onto one of the games that hasn't been touched since I bought it - LA Noire. Finished the story mode off in the early hours of Saturday morning. What a bloody great game it is too! Just need to 5-star one case and find a few more vehicles and movie reels for the full 1400 points.

I have LA Noire sitting there also hardly touched, need to rectify that once I finish Borderlands.

Finished Borderlands last night, going to dig out LA Noire now and start on that.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1552
RE: Today I completed... - 23/10/2012 3:35:27 AM   
indysgill

Finished Lollipop Chainsaw last night. Gets repetitive fast, although I did get to be #39 in the world rankings for Stage 2!

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1553
RE: Today I completed... - 27/10/2012 7:24:22 PM   
Chojin

I played through Batman Arkham Asylum on Normal today from start to finish, I had previously beat the game on Easy three years ago. I wanted to familiarise myself with the game again before I try tackling Hard Mode. I have a save file where i'm up to the elevator part so i essentially only have the following left for Hard:

Elevator Fight - One Titan
Poison Ivy
Pre-Joker Dual Titans
Joker

but after seeing how much trouble I had simply completing the above on Normal i'm seriously having second thoughts on Hard Mode.....

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1554
RE: Today I completed... - 28/10/2012 1:16:53 AM   
Saltire

I found the elevator fight with the first titan the hardest on hard difficulty; but once I got past that I didn't have too much of a problem. Thats not to say it was easy mind!!

Finished LA Noire two nights back, now just tidying up on chievo's. Enjoyed it as it was a different change of pace from the FPS's I have been playing latterly, though it did become a bit repetitive towards the end.

< Message edited by Saltire -- 28/10/2012 1:18:21 AM >

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1555
RE: Today I completed... - 29/10/2012 6:10:51 PM   
Pratt82

Completed 'Medal of Honor' in 8hrs on Friday. Not a bad Campaign to be honest, pretty good. Visually the game should of been ALOT better, very poor in my opinion.

Completed 'LA Noire' also, very good game even if it does get alittle repetative towards end.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Ruprecht)
Post #: 1556
RE: Today I completed... - 29/10/2012 8:36:38 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Lego Batman.......time to start the second installment!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1557
RE: Today I completed... - 30/10/2012 1:26:33 AM   
rich

Bayonetta. Still ridiculous, particularly that moon rocket motorcycle sequence.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 1558
RE: Today I completed... - 3/11/2012 10:03:20 AM   
From_Hell

Crysis 2. Good, solid shooter which looked utterly sublime. There were some good set pieces and the action was solid, but something was missing. Don't know what it was, but I just felt like it should have gripped me more than it did.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1559
RE: Today I completed... - 4/11/2012 12:35:01 PM   
Saltire

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Bayonetta. Still ridiculous, particularly that moon rocket motorcycle sequence.

I could not get into that game at all.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1560
Page:   <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  50 51 [52] 53 54   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI