Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Today I completed...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Today I completed... - 19/12/2011 11:59:52 PM   
the anomaly

Lord of the Rings War in the North (X360)

Had a laugh playing through in co op. Decent hack and slashing RPG fare.

Magic Sword (XBLA)

Blew through this in an hour? Just kept spaffing jump and attack.

Final Fight (XBLA)

I don't have found memories of this compared to Golden Axe or Streets of Rage. It was alright. Quicker than Streets of Rage 2 which I've played quite a bit recently ... well in comparison.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1501
RE: Today I completed... - 24/12/2011 4:19:38 PM   
MI Cruise

Uncharted in Normal mode - decent game 4/5. Got 44% trophy completion so need to go back and try and get all of those

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1502
RE: Today I completed... - 2/1/2012 6:41:02 PM   
SWOTBM

Batman Arkham City.  Good game but I don't think it was better than Arkham Asylum imo.  The story was definitely an improvement and the combat was a lot slicker, but it just felt a bit samey.  Plus 400 riddler trophies?

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 1503
RE: Today I completed... - 3/1/2012 3:25:43 PM   
JIm R

Not today as such but a few days back, COD : MW3 campaign version. Great game.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1504
RE: Today I completed... - 6/1/2012 8:06:08 AM   
Saltire

Assassin's Creed : Revelations

Excellent additon to the series, done all the single player stuff and chievo's just about then gonna try multiplayer and see how that goes.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 1505
RE: Today I completed... - 7/1/2012 4:49:58 PM   
Dark Knight

Bastion - 2nd playthrough  -lovely little game! Well worth the 600 points in the so-called Christmas Sales.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1506
RE: Today I completed... - 7/1/2012 7:03:59 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

so-called Christmas Sales.

Indeed. Most disappointed in them this year.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 1507
RE: Today I completed... - 7/1/2012 10:51:38 PM   
indysgill

Saints Row - The Third, as most of you who can see my facebook status will know!
Now just to mop up last few trophies for first plat of 2012.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 1508
RE: Today I completed... - 14/1/2012 12:48:51 AM   
SWOTBM

Portal 2.  Very solid game; funny, slick and innovative (well, for me anyway seeing as though I never played the original).  At this point I would give it a 7/10 but I am yet to play co-op so that may bump up the score a little. 

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

I've already platinumed MW3 and Arkham City this year, so technically I'm beating you in 2012

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1509
RE: Today I completed... - 14/1/2012 4:28:09 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Portal 2.  Very solid game; funny, slick and innovative (well, for me anyway seeing as though I never played the original).  At this point I would give it a 7/10 but I am yet to play co-op so that may bump up the score a little. 

quote:

I've already platinumed MW3 and Arkham City this year, so technically I'm beating you in 2012

Jeebus ... high standards eh?

How'd you rate Catherine in comparison? Yes I will get that at some point. I've got Dark Souls to play too ... and a shit load of other games.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1510
RE: Today I completed... - 14/1/2012 5:16:00 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

quote:

quote:

How'd you rate Catherine in comparison? Yes I will get that at some point. I've got Dark Souls to play too ... and a shit load of other games.

Copied and pasted from the Portal 2 thread:

The puzzle mechanics were quite innovative as well, but for me I think Catherine pips this game as the puzzle game of 2011- primarily due to the fact that there is always more than one way to complete a level and also because of the increased amount of variables.  For example in Portal 2 there is like what, three gels and two energy type beams, plus the lasers and the turrets, and the portals themselves I guess).  Whereas in Catherine you have loads of different types of blocks (normal, cracked, heavy, immovable, ice, bomb, trap, mystery, monster, bouncy), techniques (you learn about 3 a level and there are I think about 9 levels), plus you also have the items for the noobs   So I think Catherine was more innovative and challenging than Portal 2.

7/10 is still a very respectable score though.  I think that what sets Catherine apart is that you have the addictive puzzle mechanics, but you also have an intriguing and mature storyline too (with some RPG elements to it as well).  With Portal 2 there were some stages where I felt I have nothing to really play for other than completing the level.  But at least Catherine hooks you in with the story, so if you start to get frustrated/bored with the puzzle side of things you still have story to keep you going. 

Plus I still haven't played co-op yet, although I have set up a Steam account, so that may well bring up that score even more- much like the co-op in Catherine does. 

Post #: 1511
RE: Today I completed... - 16/1/2012 3:14:42 PM   
Brobe

Just finished off Uncharted 3 on Hard (first run through, previously did 1 + 2 on Normal first) - enjoyed it a lot, and cracked into the multiplayer a bit which is so much more in depth, customisation-wise, than the second game, felt a bit out of my depth with kickbacks and what-have-you. Also, ended up being in a 5vs1 game after my teammates all left, still came out only 2 kills behind!!

Also, completed Infamous Festival of Blood which I'd got just before the price went back up, quite fun, only played the first one so was nice to explore a new city, or at least that island and the vampire powers made a neat twist on the electricity from before.

Now to getting the platinums on Arkham City and U3!

Bow ties are cool.

PSN ID: Paperchris

http://twitter.com/iamchriswright

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1512
RE: Today I completed... - 23/1/2012 10:52:35 PM   
the anomaly

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Copied and pasted from the Portal 2 thread:

The puzzle mechanics were quite innovative as well, but for me I think Catherine pips this game as the puzzle game of 2011- primarily due to the fact that there is always more than one way to complete a level and also because of the increased amount of variables.  For example in Portal 2 there is like what, three gels and two energy type beams, plus the lasers and the turrets, and the portals themselves I guess).  Whereas in Catherine you have loads of different types of blocks (normal, cracked, heavy, immovable, ice, bomb, trap, mystery, monster, bouncy), techniques (you learn about 3 a level and there are I think about 9 levels), plus you also have the items for the noobs   So I think Catherine was more innovative and challenging than Portal 2.

7/10 is still a very respectable score though.  I think that what sets Catherine apart is that you have the addictive puzzle mechanics, but you also have an intriguing and mature storyline too (with some RPG elements to it as well).  With Portal 2 there were some stages where I felt I have nothing to really play for other than completing the level.  But at least Catherine hooks you in with the story, so if you start to get frustrated/bored with the puzzle side of things you still have story to keep you going. 

Plus I still haven't played co-op yet, although I have set up a Steam account, so that may well bring up that score even more- much like the co-op in Catherine does. 

I read all that in the portal 2 thread!

I meant in regards to a score out of ten! What would you give Catherine?

I think where the two games differ greatly is that you are under no pressure to solve a puzzle in Portal either. There's never a time limit or outside pressure. The set up is made for you to simply find a solution. Where as Catherine your constantly under pressure more like Tetris where it's your wit as well as your reflexes which get you through.

Alas I completed

PORTAL - Recommend you pick this up somehow. Either with Orange Box or on it's own to download (comes with a few more advanced maps). Still well worth a play through.

I was trying to get rid of all the cameras. It's my fourth playthrough (I swear I keep losing the save) and I missed one fucking camera. I swear it's not the first time that's happened either. Sure I can do the game whilst looking for all the cameras in an hour  but no bloody good if I keep missing one!

Beautful Katamari - The idea is interesting ... the game is quite short and to be honest I don't see how you can be that skilled at the game. I think there should have been a better targeting system for you to distinguish between items you need to roll up etc. As you just end up rolling around collecting everything.

I've never played a Katamari before this and it's meant to be the weakest one. Still I see the appeal and it's a top gaming experience to start off rolling up paper clips and being tiny ... to go on to roll up people .... then cars ... then buildings etc.  I just think over all it needs to be developed more. Still as I said it made for some marvellous moments.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1513
RE: Today I completed... - 23/1/2012 11:08:17 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

I read all that in the portal 2 thread!

I meant in regards to a score out of ten! What would you give Catherine?

I think where the two games differ greatly is that you are under no pressure to solve a puzzle in Portal either. There's never a time limit or outside pressure. The set up is made for you to simply find a solution. Where as Catherine your constantly under pressure more like Tetris where it's your wit as well as your reflexes which get you through.

Alas I completed

PORTAL - Recommend you pick this up somehow. Either with Orange Box or on it's own to download (comes with a few more advanced maps). Still well worth a play through.

I was trying to get rid of all the cameras. It's my fourth playthrough (I swear I keep losing the save) and I missed one fucking camera. I swear it's not the first time that's happened either. Sure I can do the game whilst looking for all the cameras in an hour  but no bloody good if I keep missing one!

Oh, I see what you mean, I misinterpreted.  I would give it a 9/10 or maybe a 9.5 if I was reviewing it when I had just completed it.  The very minor things that let it down are; the inability to listen to the original Japanese voice acting, no online co-op (seriously, who the hell else imported this game locally? ) and I had a few other grips but it's been almost a year now so I've kinda forgotten what they were   Good point about the time limit too, definitely adds another dimension lacking in Portal 2.  Out of interest, have you played Catherine?

I would play Portal but there are a number of factors putting me off: heard EA did a shoddy job with the port, too many other AAA games I have yet to play, time constraints with studying and a lack of trophies (the trophy whore in me tells me I'm wasting my time )

Post #: 1514
RE: Today I completed... - 24/1/2012 1:07:44 PM   
From_Hell

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Basically more of the same, but the addition of the assassins was a good touch, and renovating Rome was quite addictive. The ending was..... interesting.... and although I want to see what happens in Revelations I begrudge paying money on what is essentially the same game yet again. I'll wait for Revelations to drop to a tenner before I get it

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1515
RE: Today I completed... - 28/1/2012 7:00:35 PM   
From_Hell

Portal - finally finished this the other day after having The Orange Box for frickin' ages. Portal didn't really grip me to start with. It was okay but I couldn't really see what all the fuss was about, so I ambled through the test chambers with no real urgency over the last few years. Then I played Portal 2 co-op with a mate, and suddenly the whole Portal thing clicked, and I was hooked. The final stage, and the song at the very end were brilliant, and now I can't wait to crack on with Portal 2

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1516
RE: Today I completed... - 3/2/2012 11:40:07 AM   
SWOTBM

Dark Souls. 

I started this game when it first came out, but then got distracted by BF3, Batman, Uncharted etc- so I only just got round to ''completing'' it.  I actually think that in many ways From Software have made a better game than the original- the sense of scale and atmosphere, whilst present in Demon's Souls, is taken to another level in this game.  You can tell that the desginers had complete freedom to create some of the most amazing characters designs that I've seen in a game in recent times.  The soundtrack is nuanced and fitting- From were kind enough to supply me with a free copy of the OST which I am listening to now

The combat system is a joy to play and is the most addictive aspect of the game- there are just so many different weapons/armours/upgrades/rings to use which really adds to the diversity.  Then you factor in the stat manipulations and the Magics/Miracles/Pyromancy and you have countless character builds to choose from.  For example I ''completed'' the game at level 92 as a Dex/Magic build and that took me 80 hours.  I could (and will ) create an all out Strength build, or another build with Str/Faith, or go pure Mage/Cleric.  So if you really want you can get at least 6 playthroughs of about 80+ hours each- talk about value for money. 

The difficultly in this game is exaggerated imo.  The combat system for the most part is fair and what it comes down to is pattern recognition and execution.  Plus, if you are in a fix you can always summon someone to help you out.  The only thing that probably puts people off is that the game does not hold your hand.  At all.  Ever.  You have to figure everything out yourself- through trial and error, co-op play, detective work, luck or even going to the wiki.  For the casual gamer that may be too much of a time commitment and I can understand that frustration. 

The only area where I think From Software let themselves down a little was the online aspect- specifically PvP (co-op to all intents and purposes works fine).  It is much more difficult to invade other people and the servers seem to stretched as the majority of games are quite laggy (not sure if they are regional or international).  Plus there are some cheap tactics that people abuse which need to get patched quick- Tranquil Walk of Peace, Wrath of God etc. 

Apart from that I can honestly say that Dark Souls is the closest thing to gaming perfection on the current generation and is definitely up there with MGS/KOTOR as one of my favourite of all time. 

9.75/10

Just started NG and going for the Platinum

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1517
RE: Today I completed... - 4/2/2012 6:57:34 AM   
pablodiabloescobar

Assassins Creed Revelations.. hated the ending,

#mild spoiler#

Unless i missed something there actually was no 'Revelation' at all, we are no further on in knowing what the hell is going on really.

Enjoyed the gameplay aspect but frustrated after the exellent AC2, the series is going downhill storywise

Rapture
Waiting to capture that moment
Postponement
Suspension of rational movement
So bang on the hour of twelve
To the forest clearing we'll delve
With guns to our heads for we know
That heaven awaits us

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1518
RE: Today I completed... - 4/2/2012 5:32:37 PM   
Vadersville

Grand Theft Auto 4. I had already completed it upon release but it was one of the many games I lost all my achievements for and game saves when I lost my gamertag before I was on LIVE. I completed the story in 30 hours and 12 mins. I wasn't going for The Liberty City Minute achievement (complete story mode in 30 hours or less) but I'm pissed off that I was so close. If I just faffed about a little less...

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to pablodiabloescobar)
Post #: 1519
RE: Today I completed... - 4/2/2012 9:41:18 PM   
directorscut

Tropico 4 - Highly addictive and very amusing dictator simulator. Highly recommend for all you budding Castros and Kims out there.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 1520
RE: Today I completed... - 5/2/2012 1:52:52 PM   
From_Hell

Metro 2033. Started on Normal difficulty and about halfway through I found it so damn hard, I had to knock down the difficulty to Easy - something I've never had to do before. After that the rest of the game was a piece of cake, and the only times I died were through my own stupidity. Difficulty aside, Metro was great fun, really atmospheric, good looking (although the character models were a bit basic), and the levels were quite varied. I'm looking forward to the sequel...

"What are you gonna do?"

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1521
RE: Today I completed... - 5/2/2012 10:52:42 PM   
Saltire

Prince of Persia. Old game but pretty good.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1522
RE: Today I completed... - 6/2/2012 9:41:41 AM   
indysgill

Saints Row -The Third, platinumed, that basically involved completing 2 30+ hour play thrus getting every collectable and completion every side mission. Just need to get the dlc completed for 100%, but after all that time I am kind of bored of it all.

Maybe in a few months.

Now for something brainless like WWE All- Stars!

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1523
RE: Today I completed... - 13/2/2012 5:53:27 PM   
Dark Knight

Spiderman: Edge Of Time.

Enjoyable enough romp whilst it lasts (which isn't very long - about 6 hours on normal). Uses most of the same engine as Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions but it is not quite as good.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1524
RE: Today I completed... - 13/2/2012 5:58:14 PM   
juanvasquez

The Darkness II. Fucking ace. Best FPS I've played in years.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 1525
RE: Today I completed... - 2/5/2012 9:55:58 AM   
MBeard

Fez.

Probably the best XBLA puzzle game out there.

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1526
RE: Today I completed... - 2/5/2012 10:20:12 PM   
indysgill

Infamous 2, bloody good game. Felt so wrong being evil, especially at the end.

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 1527
RE: Today I completed... - 8/5/2012 8:50:25 AM   
Pratt82

Finally finished mopping up all the achievements on 'Operation Flashpoint: Red River: yesterday.

Thank god! Just the DLC to finish and then that will be another game put to rest.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1528
RE: Today I completed... - 3/6/2012 1:38:03 PM   
indysgill

Metal Gear Solid 3 HD, the controls were frustrating.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1529
RE: Today I completed... - 17/6/2012 9:52:13 PM   
indysgill

Me again, Platinum-ed Sorcery today.

That's like completing a game each month.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1530
Page:   <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  49 50 [51] 52 53   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI