Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Today I completed...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Today I completed... - 28/10/2011 10:06:19 PM   
indysgill

SAW II, now back to Arkham City.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1471
RE: Today I completed... - 29/10/2011 11:18:23 PM   
DJ Satan

LA. Noire

Got boring in parts (Vice) but picked up towards the end.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1472
RE: Today I completed... - 30/10/2011 9:20:35 AM   
the anomaly

Batman Arkham City - Clocked it awhile ago now, reviews speak for themselves. I'll be going for the full 1000G on this + the Robin DLC so that's more ... toughest thing's will be getting all the medals and Riddler Trophies. I think I'll manage some how. Awesome game.

Uncharted - Liked it. Looks brilliant still and plays well. I had to warm to it but it's clearly a well made game. PS3 pad annoys me in shooters as ever + the camera was a bit fiddly.  Story ... it was Indiana Jones wasn't it? The only thing that annoyed me a bit was sometimes it was a bit too light hearted at times, when suddenly there would be an out burst of violence and head shots ... but yeah.
Still a solid and well made adventure, though I imagine the next two games will blow me away.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 1473
RE: Today I completed... - 30/10/2011 9:26:33 AM   
juanvasquez

I finished Arkham City the other day on about 58%. There are some riddler trophies that have got me totally stumped, and the AR training is gonna be down to luck I think. Still, I reckon it's the best game I've played. I love it.

Anomaly, I liked Uncharted, but the second knocks it out of the park I reckon. A vast improvement and a pleasure from start to finish.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1474
RE: Today I completed... - 3/11/2011 10:44:57 PM   
SWOTBM

Uncharted 3. 

Quite simply breathtaking at times; the story, voice acting, graphics, music was all exceptional.  Definitely on my shortlist for GOTY. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1475
RE: Today I completed... - 6/11/2011 9:28:13 PM   
juanvasquez

Sonic Generations.

Apart from a few shaky 'modern' Sonic levels, it was very good. A definite return to form for the li'l blue bastard. Just a shame Sega are saying it's the last outing for classic Sonic.

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1476
RE: Today I completed... - 7/11/2011 11:46:31 AM   
jinks

Uncharted 3 - very good. Just a bit uneven.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1477
RE: Today I completed... - 7/11/2011 11:52:25 AM   
Saltire

Deus Ex - solid game, will go back to it for chievo's later.

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 1478
RE: Today I completed... - 8/11/2011 10:12:09 PM   
indysgill

Uncharted 3 on crushing.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1479
RE: Today I completed... - 8/11/2011 11:59:08 PM   
juanvasquez

I've just finished DLC Quest, an indie game which is basically nothing short of a piss take of the DLC culture, along with other gaming clichés. It's very short, but rather funny.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1480
RE: Today I completed... - 9/11/2011 1:55:59 PM   
SWOTBM

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

Uncharted 3 on crushing.

Respect

I still need to run through this on crushing, although I can imagine a few areas be rather annoying.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1481
RE: Today I completed... - 12/11/2011 9:21:31 PM   
From_Hell

Got 100% on Lego Star Wars TCS. What started as being great fun and addictive became crushingly repetitive. Having to play through each level 4 or 5 times to get True Jedi, all minitkits, Super Stories etc etc was a bit much. Much preferred Lego Batman...

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1482
RE: Today I completed... - 12/11/2011 9:39:47 PM   
Cool Breeze

Uncharted 3.On hard level.Fabulous game.Cant make my mind up whether its better than Uncharted 2 or not.Only disappointment is the lack of Chloe and Elena(they really only just have extended cameos in this),and one or two of the puzzles were bollox hard!

Now on to the multiplayer!

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1483
RE: Today I completed... - 13/11/2011 6:37:41 PM   
juanvasquez

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Really love these games, but because I've played so many this year, this took a back seat (have had it since February) as I get easily distracted. But getting Revelations in the post yesterday was the kick up the arse I needed to crack on with it. Luckily I was further through it than I thought.

Overall it was a top gameplay experience but felt somewhat short next to the vast ACII. This was probably to make way for the multiplayer. Which I haven't played and probably won't.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 1484
RE: Today I completed... - 15/11/2011 9:21:03 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Got 100% on Lego Star Wars TCS. What started as being great fun and addictive became crushingly repetitive. Having to play through each level 4 or 5 times to get True Jedi, all minitkits, Super Stories etc etc was a bit much. Much preferred Lego Batman...

Tell me about it! I've only got about an hour left (blue minikits on Jedi) for 100% but I just can't get the motivation to do it. I start it up, get in to the game then just think fuck it and put something else on.

Finished Arkham City last night. Good game.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1485
RE: Today I completed... - 15/11/2011 1:20:19 PM   
From_Hell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

Tell me about it! I've only got about an hour left (blue minikits on Jedi) for 100% but I just can't get the motivation to do it. I start it up, get in to the game then just think fuck it and put something else on.

The way I worked through the blue minikits was to do just one chapter per day. That way, you can do them in 10 minute chunks (or 20 minute chunks if you have to repeat a level!) and it cuts down on the boredom. The worst part was the Super Stories, because you're locked in for a whole hour or more, and you can't skip any of the cut scenes

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1486
RE: Today I completed... - 15/11/2011 6:10:09 PM   
steelydan3

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

quote:

The way I worked through the blue minikits was to do just one chapter per day. That way, you can do them in 10 minute chunks (or 20 minute chunks if you have to repeat a level!) and it cuts down on the boredom. The worst part was the Super Stories, because you're locked in for a whole hour or more, and you can't skip any of the cut scenes

That's a good idea! I've got 4 achievements left and about 20% left, and the remaining stuff left to do just seems like a massive drag.

"I've had a bellyful of you and your cheap heroics"

"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success"

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1487
RE: Today I completed... - 15/11/2011 8:03:54 PM   
the anomaly

Chrono Trigger DS

Got a decent ending too were you crash the ship etc. Only dragged during the added DS missions which were drawn out fetch quests. Thoroughly enjoyed  the game I've been waiting years to play!

(in reply to steelydan3)
Post #: 1488
RE: Today I completed... - 15/11/2011 8:27:10 PM   
ChickMagnet

Arkham City, I've been purposely taking my time on finishing it wairing for Saints Row the Third to come out, so I'm quite pleased with making it with 3 days to spare

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1489
RE: Today I completed... - 16/11/2011 9:37:16 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

Gears of War 3 on Hardcore. It's the first time I've gone Hardcore in a GoW game and it wasn't too bad. Really enjoyed the game.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 1490
RE: Today I completed... - 29/11/2011 1:15:34 PM   
sharkboy

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, and great fun it was too

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 1491
RE: Today I completed... - 5/12/2011 11:51:23 AM   
sharkboy

Batman: Arkham City main storyline and Catwoman story.  Loved the atmosphere of the game and the gameplay was just the right side of challenging.  New game + here I come!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1492
RE: Today I completed... - 5/12/2011 1:25:43 PM   
the anomaly

Bulletstorm

Got back into it after leaving it on the shelf for awhile. Plays well and is just solid fun. Whilst there are some cool environments the game does have quite a lot of graphical issues I'd guess they had to make a whole load of sacrifices to keep the performance up when you slamming 10 bodies into the air, shooting them down with charge shots, detonating an explosive so multiple bodies explode in the air, as a dude with a mini gun starts to wail on you. So yeah for the most part I can forgive it.

The ending is a cliffhanger kind of which set's up for a sequel which is quite annoying. Considering the game wasn't a huge success too we may never see a sequel. Though I hope we do as it was fun, though I'm happy to wait so they can make the game look as good as it plays.

Online ... disappointing to be honest. The game looks even worse and is just waves of foes and trying to work together to get a high score. Real missed opportunity that the game isn't co-op I feel. I guess there would be even more crazy shit going on but you can work together and I did have some fun online. Though there isn't anything to make me desperate to go back.

The echos mode which is pretty much replaying the game in chapters to beat your score didn't set my world on fire. Though I may give some of these a go. 

Achievement glitched a the end which did leave me feeling a bit bitter. Hopefully I can sort it.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 1493
RE: Today I completed... - 7/12/2011 1:03:35 AM   
the anomaly

MW3

It was CoD ... don't get me wrong I do enjoy these games, just not as much as the masses. Though I can't see myself picking up another. It has truly run it's course with me. CoD4 was my first one and this ties up that story and I can't see the next one carrying on from here. Looking forward to doing the Spec Ops as I enjoyed that from MW2 and I'll dip into the online for a bit but I've got BF3 for that.

The single player felt shorter than the last! Easier too. Though to be fair it gave you a chance not to get repeatedly battered unlike Treyarchs games which have a problem with that. All the MW's I've done on Vet yet the others only on Hardened and I'd say it's due to that. All in all glad I rented it. A roller-coaster game which I enjoyed blasting through in a quick sitting. Just what I expected and wanted from it. Though honestly it felt a bit lacking just by the numbers at times. You were always part of an epic battle but it didn't feel that way. Oh well.

Post #: 1494
RE: Today I completed... - 11/12/2011 4:19:36 PM   
From_Hell

Batman Arkham City - finished the main campaign a couple of weeks ago, but last night I finished mopping up the Riddler's trophies. All in all I really enjoyed the game. I loved being free to swoop around the city and there were some great moments where it made you really feel like the big black bat.

"What are you gonna do?"

Post #: 1495
RE: Today I completed... - 12/12/2011 10:04:43 AM   
Harry Tuttle

Completed Skyrim last night. I've still got a few achievements to mop up but the main quest is done and dusted. Fairly anticlimactic ending to be honest but it didn't affect my enjoyment of the game at all.

Game of the year for my money.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1496
RE: Today I completed... - 12/12/2011 8:23:11 PM   
indysgill

Over the last few weeks, Batman Arkham Asylum, Modern Warfare 3 and Assassins Creed - Revelations.
Still got trophies on all to get for 100% completion, that's what Christmas holidays are for.

Was going to finish off Saints Row - The Third, but this weekend I ended up getting Skyrim from game for half price, so that could take a while.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 1497
RE: Today I completed... - 12/12/2011 11:04:30 PM   
SWOTBM

MW3 on Veteran.  Frustrating in patches and in hindsight I probably shouldn't have played it on Veteran first time round as the cheap-ass deaths did start to detract from the fun (yes I said something positive about MW3 ).  The set pieces were great and the story did get some sort of conclusion which was good.  Just need to run through it again for the intel then it's the Spec Ops for the plat.  Hope that Spec Ops isn't as crap as last time. 

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1498
RE: Today I completed... - 16/12/2011 12:45:11 AM   
MI Cruise

Resident Evil 5 on Normal, was about to boot up GTA IV when my 360 started displaying the dreaded RROD, I had previously fixed this using the online home remedies but now it wont even turn on for a little while looks like I need to get this professionally fixed.

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1499
RE: Today I completed... - 16/12/2011 9:20:14 AM   
Pratt82

Completed 'Assassins Creed: Brotherhood' last week. (Late Notice I know)

The ending is as strange as everyone described to me in the Assassins Creed Thread.......extraterrestrial or some sort of god like creatures??? WTF?!?! The tomb (or whatever it's called) below the Colosium looked like something from the 'Tron' movie.

Let's hope the 'Revelations' answers all the questions...............hopefully around Christmas time.

SP: 4/5. Massive improvement on the 1st two games for me. I especially liked a helping hand from my Assassin brothers/sisters when things got alittle hairy. They were very helpful in catching the 'Pickpockets' if I couldn't be bothered to catch them. Then they were easy pickings.

MP: 1/5 It is nothing I'm interested in on this sort of game. Some of the people that are playing online with it at the moment don't even play the game properly, or even try to. They just run around jumping on everyone in the open and ruin the feel of the game for me. Nice try though.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 1500
Page:   <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI