Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Today I completed...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Today I completed... - 2/8/2011 12:36:36 PM   
Base

Infamous 2 on evil. Preferred playing it on heroic, maybe upping the difficulty level just made some of the fights more frustrating. ALso preferred the heroic ending, but both are pretty good...

I am making a mental list of those who are snickering, and even as I speak I'm preparing appropriate retribution...!

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1441
RE: Today I completed... - 6/8/2011 7:53:14 PM   
DJ Satan

Ghostbusters. As I said last night quite fun (and short). Now to wrap things up and then start on the multiplayer side.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 1442
RE: Today I completed... - 7/8/2011 3:20:54 PM   
juanvasquez

Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon

Really good fun, and utter chaos, but rather short. Nowhere near as difficult as 2017. But good stuff for a budget title.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 1443
RE: Today I completed... - 13/8/2011 8:03:42 PM   
SWOTBM

Madden 11

Well, Platinumed it at least   Good game, Accessible for newcomers with its Gameflow system, but still retains more than enough detail to satisfy the hardcore NFL fans.  Always nice to see the Giants win the Superbowl.  Repeatedly.  Against the Cowgirls

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1444
RE: Today I completed... - 13/8/2011 10:26:54 PM   
jcthefirst

Arkham Asylum on Hard.

And it was Hard, although when you just concentrate on the actual main story, and not the challenges (as I'd got them all on my Medium playthrough) it's a really short game.

@Jonny_C85

My Movie Blog | My Other Various Rantings Blog

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1445
RE: Today I completed... - 14/8/2011 1:17:21 PM   
indysgill

Dante's Inferno.

Ok game, the cgi was stunning in places, looked like it was real.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 1446
RE: Today I completed... - 14/8/2011 3:07:59 PM   
SWOTBM

Catherine on normal.

Very good game.  Definitely pick it up if you want to try something new and challenging.  Jam packed year of releases but I hope this gets a nomination for GOTY.  It's that good imo. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1447
RE: Today I completed... - 15/8/2011 12:10:13 AM   
the anomaly

quote:

ORIGINAL: SWOTBM

Catherine on normal.

Very good game.  Definitely pick it up if you want to try something new and challenging.  Jam packed year of releases but I hope this gets a nomination for GOTY.  It's that good imo. 

I'll get it ... at some point. Honestly I've made sure not to buy many games this year ... but still the back log remains. I got Castlevania LoTS for Christmas ... only played it a few hours ... Dead Space 2 is wrapped up .... along with Bulletstorm ... I've got Assassins Creed Brotherhood on rental ... Blazblue 2 untouched ... Tekken 6 played for 20mins ...

Alas I completed this with Joyous

F.E.A.R 3 : - Yeah it was decent ... didn't set the world on fire but it was decent co-op fun. Bit annoyed the achievements are a bit much. Completed on the hardest difficulty we could at first but you get nothing! You unlock Insane and have to run through it on that. We may go for it ... and this time I'll be the dead bro ... we started but it's tough being him on insane. Feels much more like a support character. Some mechanics are annoying.

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 26/8/2011 12:12:39 AM >

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1448
RE: Today I completed... - 15/8/2011 8:45:31 AM   
From_Hell

Quite a productive weekend -

Bulletstorm and the first 14 Echo missions. It was good fun, and the 'kill with skill' thing got quite addictive although it did run out of steam a little towards the end. Overall, good, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it.

Then Mass Effect 2 - Lair Of The Shadow Broker and Arrival. LOTSB was really very good - the highlights being the chase through the city in the hover car, and fighting on the outside of the Shadow Brokers ship. Arrival was a bit of a disappointment. No squad members, just straight run-and-gun corridor shooter for a couple of hours and I was quite bored by the end. Thankfully it was quite short and cheap because I bought it in the recent sale of Mass Effect 2 DLC.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1449
RE: Today I completed... - 18/8/2011 1:45:26 AM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: From_Hell

Then Mass Effect 2 - Lair Of The Shadow Broker and Arrival. LOTSB was really very good - the highlights being the chase through the city in the hover car, and fighting on the outside of the Shadow Brokers ship.

I thought those were the weakest parts.  Gimmicky, second-rate vehicle secion and overlong, dull shooting corridor (like much of the main game).

Just completed:  Tron Evolution - Alright but in this post-Prince of Persia/Assassin's Creed world there is no excuse for rigid and unresponsive controls.  The amount of times the character didn't jumped in the direction I controlled him to leading to my death was a joke.  Also Olivia Wilde should be peeved over what they did to her nose. 

Gonna jump on multiplayer and see if they have lightcycle races (they goddamn better).

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1450
RE: Today I completed... - 25/8/2011 11:45:22 PM   
Saltire

Dead Space 2 on Zealot and all the chievo's. A fun game to go for achievements, got them all except for completing it on hardcore which I aint even gonna attempt lol!

Quality game from start to finish though.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1451
RE: Today I completed... - 22/9/2011 1:51:51 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (360) on normal - Solid beat 'em up. How it got past QA I'll never know. Cutscenes that skip, judder and freeze, some freaky graphical glitches and a broken final boss fight that saw me and the boss spending a good proportion hovering in mid air. Get past these little quirks and it's a really fun game, not just for a movie tie-in. In fact, it may well be better than the film itself...

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 1452
RE: Today I completed... - 27/9/2011 1:01:59 PM   
indysgill

Well not today, more like over the weekend, God of War Collection.

Challenge of the Titans #6 & #7 on GOW 2 were annoyingly hard.

Now to see if the PS3 sync option will actually work and not crash, so i can show off.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 1453
RE: Today I completed... - 27/9/2011 3:21:57 PM   
Mute

Finished and Platinumed Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The best game I've played so far this year, and playing the game stealthily is incredibly satisfying.

PSN: blackout505

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1454
RE: Today I completed... - 27/9/2011 7:32:43 PM   
directorscut

Fallout: New Vegas. Great game, better than Fallout 3 (not as great as the original though); the writing is better, the quests are way better, the scope for roleplaying is greater. But the ending sucks. Looks like Obsidian ran out of time and money again and just threw in a generic boss battle.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Mute)
Post #: 1455
RE: Today I completed... - 28/9/2011 8:46:24 AM   
The REAL Bozz

Ocarina of Time. Brilliant. I cleared the first two DS Zelda games earlier in the year. Was made up when Ocarina was announced for the 3DS. I was always sorry I missed out on this when it was first released. Loved it. Not quite the greatest RPG ever, that honor goes to Chrono Trigger but still a brilliant game!

Films I've watched
Star Trek Into Darkness ***
Iron Man 3 *****
Evil Dead (2013) ***
Bait 3D ***

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 1456
RE: Today I completed... - 1/10/2011 9:45:07 PM   
JIm R

Batman : AA

Taken months to get past Poison Ivy and finally did it today and then swept past Titan Joker relatively easily. Just got the riddler clues and trophies to collect.

Just in time for city in a few weeks time.

(in reply to The REAL Bozz)
Post #: 1457
RE: Today I completed... - 8/10/2011 7:13:33 PM   
From_Hell

Deus Ex Human Revolution. Got this on release day and really took my time with it. Overall I enjoyed it - took a stealthy/hacker route and only 'accidentally' killed a handful of people. The boss battles were a bit shit but only the first one really gave me any bother. After all that stealthing, I'm looking forward to moving on to something else and blowing shit up

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 1458
RE: Today I completed... - 9/10/2011 9:08:04 AM   
the anomaly

Gears of War 3 ... did I post in here? I did it two days after release. 

Over all it's gears but it's the most polished one ALL over in multiplayer, campagin and horde + beast ... this will be my main multiplayer game for some time.

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1459
RE: Today I completed... - 9/10/2011 9:12:17 AM   
pedros

Fallout New Vegas. Really liked it - played it far too soon after Fallout 3 though so I played about 10 hours of it then left it untouched for months, before returning to it recently and hammering it. Got all the different endings, all the quest achievements, can't be arsed playing it through on hardcore though. Also in 50 hours play I only got stuck in a rock about 3 times and it crashed whilst loading up a new area maybe 5 or 6 times? I must have got lucky. I'm missing it now though, so Skyrim I think will be a day one purchase now.

I'd rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth.

Hey, wha' happened???

(in reply to From_Hell)
Post #: 1460
RE: Today I completed... - 9/10/2011 9:43:05 AM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: the anomaly

Gears of War 3 ... did I post in here? I did it two days after release. 

Over all it's gears but it's the most polished one ALL over in multiplayer, campagin and horde + beast ... this will be my main multiplayer game for some time.

That reminds me.

Gears of War 3.

The opening stages were great, as were the closing, but I felt the middle just dragged somewhat. I much preferred 2, although this was better looking. Will have to give the multiplayer a go before I trade it in for batman in a couple of weeks.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1461
RE: Today I completed... - 9/10/2011 11:57:53 AM   
Invader_Ace

Vanquish on 360.
It is freakin' awesome. I know it wasn't a massive AAA release, but if you like a challenging action game, you should give it a go.
Although, it has stiffed me, by not unlocking two achievements!

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 1462
RE: Today I completed... - 9/10/2011 9:06:15 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

Vanquish on 360.
It is freakin' awesome. I know it wasn't a massive AAA release, but if you like a challenging action game, you should give it a go.
Although, it has stiffed me, by not unlocking two achievements!

Did you manage to complete all the 'Challenges'? I found a couple of them annoyingly hard and never bothered to finish them in the end. Will be going back to it though.

I recently completed 'Warhammer 40K: Space Marines..........great game! Alot better than you can image. The multiplayer is not much to look at and before getting the game sent through by Lovefilms and made the decision not to bother with it so no loss there. The Campaign is very good, you get pretty overwhelmed by Orks sometimes but there is a massive satisfaction when you bust through them with a Power Axe/Chainsword/Hammer and the executions (to refill the health bar) are pretty gruesome but awesomely done!

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Invader_Ace)
Post #: 1463
RE: Today I completed... - 9/10/2011 9:41:58 PM   
TrendMeUp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mute

Finished and Platinumed Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The best game I've played so far this year, and playing the game stealthily is incredibly satisfying.

How on Earth did you finish the whole game without setting off any alarms? That is a batshit trophy. Congrats!

http://thatgumyoulikeblog.wordpress.com - a film blog

(in reply to Mute)
Post #: 1464
RE: Today I completed... - 9/10/2011 10:25:21 PM   
juanvasquez

Portal 2.

Just as fun and funny as the original. Maybe even more of a head scratcher. I felt it dragged a little in the closing stages, but the ending was great, especially the final blow in the boss battle.

(in reply to TrendMeUp)
Post #: 1465
RE: Today I completed... - 11/10/2011 10:45:09 PM   
indysgill

Deadspace 2 on Zealot.

Started on Hardcore mode and have already used up one save getting to Lv2!

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1466
RE: Today I completed... - 11/10/2011 10:53:01 PM   
rich

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Satisfying stealth, great music and engrossing atmosphere, shame the story didn't all come together. Must play again on easy and see all the dialogue and weapons (got the Pacifist award)

Meanwhile...

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1467
RE: Today I completed... - 12/10/2011 10:32:04 PM   
indysgill

Well, only got to Lv 5 on Dead Space 2. 
Rather than start again, as it was getting late, I played Driver SF.

What do you know, completed that!

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 1468
RE: Today I completed... - 13/10/2011 8:29:14 AM   
Chief

Gears of War 3 on Normal.

Wish I'd done it on a harder difficulty, far too easy.

(in reply to Base)
Post #: 1469
RE: Today I completed... - 15/10/2011 7:35:50 PM   
Pratt82

Completed Warhammer 40K: Space Marines on HARD.

It's actually not that hard on HARD. Still loving the game and will keep going until I've got the achievement for 40,000 Kills.

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1470
Page:   <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Today I completed... Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI