Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: TODAY I COMPLETED...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 9/5/2011 9:52:53 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

Bulletstorm - Normal difficulty, plus I've 3 starred the first 14 Echoes. Liked it.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 1411
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 17/5/2011 12:58:50 PM   
borstal

Tron

Its fairly basic and seems quite last generation. I want impressed at first as my freerunning was a bit bob but towards the end I started to quite like it. The multiplayer has been good too, blasting around in light cycles. With a bigger budget/better development it could have been a top game.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 1412
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 18/5/2011 2:43:07 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

Gears of War 2 (finally). In truth, I completed the campaign last night, but the achievements didn't pop up. Seems it hadn't registered me as having completed 4 chapters in act 3, so I polished them off this afternoon. Just the deleted scene to do.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 1413
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 18/5/2011 3:38:31 PM   
Dark Knight

Heavy Rain.

Wow. Pretty much all I can say about it.

"I'm too tense to speak!" - Borstal

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 1414
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 18/5/2011 9:23:14 PM   
juanvasquez

Bulletstorm.

Fun FPS that tries to do something different than your average shooter. Funny too. Plenty of one liners and put downs. A light hearted Gears Of War, perhaps.

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

(in reply to Dark Knight)
Post #: 1415
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 23/5/2011 3:01:38 PM   
Pratt82

Homefront Campaign - Guerilla Mode

Well what a PAIN IN THE ARSE this is! Level 6, you have to get from the church to the Chopper at the end of the level whilst endless amounts of enemies spawn between you and it. Easy Mode.....no problem! Normal Mode.....no problem! Hard Mode.....Problem! Guerilla Mode.......INSANE!!!!!! 40+ tries it took and a cracked joypad later and managed to get through but not until I'd checked out Youtube for a decent video.

Single Player is ok.

Multiplayer is better but no match to the likes of BC2 and COD. Plus, unless you have bought the game which contains a 'pass' to the full multiplayer experience you can't advanced past 'Level 5'. Daylight ROBBERY!

5/10 and thats been nice.

< Message edited by Pratt82 -- 23/5/2011 3:02:41 PM >

All Work & No Play! :(

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 1416
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 26/5/2011 8:49:29 PM   
Chojin

Tales of Vesperia - 80 Hours

An absolute beast of a game.....now for my next few playthroughs to get the 1k.

http://chojin.devour.org - Mixes, Contact, Etc
XBL/PSN - Chojin22000

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1417
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 21/6/2011 10:22:37 AM   
Pratt82

Eragon

Bag of wank...enough said! 1/10, If I have to give it a rating! Highly NOT RECOMMENDED!

(in reply to Chojin)
Post #: 1418
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 21/6/2011 11:18:15 AM   
talpacino

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pratt82

Eragon

Bag of wank...enough said! 1/10, If I have to give it a rating! Highly NOT RECOMMENDED!

But it was an easy 1000G right?

Currahee!

It's a different film. It's a very different film! It's a different shark!

Suppose I shot ya..How'd that be?

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1419
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 21/6/2011 12:47:26 PM   
hairymonster11

Red Alert 3, F.E.A.R 2 and Mass Effect 2 (For the 4th time) all got humped at the weekend

It smells like Gods Vagina

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1420
RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... - 21/6/2011 6:15:49 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: talpacino

quote:

Eragon

But it was an easy 1000G right?

HELL YEAH!

(in reply to talpacino)
Post #: 1421
RE: Today I completed... - 22/6/2011 1:07:38 AM   
thepluginbaby

Completed Homefront today. Took me a mere three hours to go through!!! Was hoping to give MP a go, but you have to have some sort of code. Back to Lovefilm with you...

"I have come to the conclusion that my gut, has shit for brains."

"Must go faster..."

My personal blog, ToBePhair, full of frantic movie/music/video game scribblings: http://tobephair.blogspot.com/

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ToBePhair

(in reply to Ruprecht)
Post #: 1422
RE: Today I completed... - 22/6/2011 1:24:39 PM   
indysgill

Prince of Persia - The Forgotten Sands, platinumed. 

Enjoyed this alot more than Prince of Persia (the one with that mystical woman support character), it was more like the old PS2 Prince games. Not climbing for 10 mins to fight one or two monsters per level, gave up on that one after a few hours.

It's not the years honey, Its the mileage.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 1423
RE: Today I completed... - 22/6/2011 9:44:15 PM   
Pratt82

quote:

ORIGINAL: thepluginbaby

Completed Homefront today. Took me a mere three hours to go through!!! Was hoping to give MP a go, but you have to have some sort of code. Back to Lovefilm with you...

MP is alittle silly now! Firstly if you haven't bought it you have to use Microsoft Points to unlock it past level 5. I have it from Lovefilm myself but now they have released extra maps everyone is using them and you obviously have to pay for that DLC too. Really not worth it so going back tomorrow.

Anyway............completed Madden NFL 08 today (mopped up achievements) 1000/1000

Not bad for a sports game. Not really my cup of tea so 5/10 at least for what it's worth. Easy 1000!

(in reply to thepluginbaby)
Post #: 1424
RE: Today I completed... - 23/6/2011 8:54:09 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thepluginbaby

MP is alittle silly now! Firstly if you haven't bought it you have to use Microsoft Points to unlock it past level 5. I have it from Lovefilm myself but now they have released extra maps everyone is using them and you obviously have to pay for that DLC too. Really not worth it so going back tomorrow.

Anyway............completed Madden NFL 08 today (mopped up achievements) 1000/1000

Not bad for a sports game. Not really my cup of tea so 5/10 at least for what it's worth. Easy 1000!

Get used to it, more and more games will be going down this road....

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1425
RE: Today I completed... - 27/6/2011 11:48:09 AM   
jinks

Finished F.E.A.R 3 saturday night with Pointman, now gotta do it all again with Fettel.

Top top game though

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 1426
RE: Today I completed... - 3/7/2011 5:23:50 PM   
juanvasquez

Resident Evil 2 - Leon A.

Great stuff. This game still has the capacity to make jump out of my skin! Only got a D ranking though! Too many saves and Faid sprays I think!

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 1427
RE: Today I completed... - 4/7/2011 9:14:35 AM   
jinks

F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin, having finished F.E.A.R 3 the other weekend, i thought it best to finish the 2nd. S'bit longer that fear 3 but the ending is most definately more f*cked up!

Post #: 1428
RE: Today I completed... - 5/7/2011 11:47:02 AM   
borstal

To be truly infected by a zombie is to become overly concerned by pieces of entertainment featuring zombies. Movies, games, novels and comics have all helped me to become infected.

The problem with this is that for every Night of The Living Dead, Resident Evil, World War Z and Walkind Dead you have to sift through much more shit.

Yesterday I completed RESIDENT EVIL UPRISING. A massive turd of a mobile phone game. It was not a joy to play but as Ive done with many zombie films even after realising a quarter of the way through that its crap I had to see it through to the end.

Its with great relief that the triumphant game over screen announced it was 'The End'.

Check out the graphics then gaze in wonder as I tell you the animation and gameplay are even worse.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 1429
RE: Today I completed... - 7/7/2011 10:54:33 AM   
Pratt82

Poor Borstal.....

Anyway, completed 'Just Cause 2' the other day, great game! 8/10 for me, just a couple of niggly bits which annoyed me but apart from that.......it was GREAT!

Just gonna shoot threw it on the 2 other difficulties and then it's up on the 'Empire Swap Shop' if anybody is interested.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 1430
RE: Today I completed... - 10/7/2011 7:42:00 PM   
Dark Knight

Spiderman - Shattered Dimensions

Great game - loved it and probably the best Spiderman game that I have played although I did miss the free-roam of some previous Spiderman titles but the different styles (loved Noir Spidey) made up for it. Will go back to it and do it again on hard and try to go for the rest of the challenges....

(in reply to Pratt82)
Post #: 1431
RE: Today I completed... - 11/7/2011 2:30:35 PM   
sroey

Fable 3

On a technical level this game is poor - it feels unpolished and Lionhead need to up their game.

Yet the more I played the more I enjoyed it. It does end rather abruptly but it still a decent game.

Whoever thought that not including a 'repair all' option in the map section was a good idea needs to be fired.

Post #: 1432
RE: Today I completed... - 23/7/2011 10:53:43 AM   
indysgill

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4.

Are you kidding? You get to go home and say "I punched Indiana Jones today". - Gary Oldman.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 1433
RE: Today I completed... - 24/7/2011 9:44:34 AM   
the anomaly

Went back to this after about a two year break. I only had the last two dungeons to do and the final boss. It's hard to remember now but I think I enjoyed AGES it's counter part more. It was an interesting idea at the time they are two separate games which will give you various codes for the next one for power ups, secrets etc and if you complete both games then a final set of dungeons and an uber boss. Unfortunately it seems it bit complicated and I may not bother doing that.

Back to seasons .... it was your typical Zelda game and this time you control the seasons to sort various puzzles out etc. The only annoying thing about this was you could only do it in certain locations and once you had all four you had to flick between ALL of them rather than just get the one you wanted. It would have been good if once you have done an area that it stayed at the best season to navigate through. As even when your pretty much done with the game navigating the overworld was still a trek, there are warp locations near the end ... but still I guess this added to the challenge. In a similar vein there was an underworld on this game. You had to complete puzzles in the OW to get the underworld and complete a puzzle there to get to a new location in the OW .... tricky huh? Overall all of this worked well and it's your classic Zelda format. My only complaint would be that once you've completed this puzzles etc it should be easier to navigate.

Once I completed the game I had died 43 times ... granted I forgot to use the automatic health potion a lot ... especially as I hadn't played for two years and couldn't remember where it was ... but yeah they don't make Zelda games this tough any more.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1434
RE: Today I completed... - 24/7/2011 9:13:53 PM   
SWOTBM

Finally completed Dead Space after playing on and off for over a year. Good game, but it never really held my attention for very long and so many other games always seemed to get in the way. Plus the survival horror is not my genre of choice, but I would give it a solid 8 out of 10. 

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 1435
RE: Today I completed... - 29/7/2011 5:41:00 PM   
From_Hell

Just Cause 2 - completed the main storyline, finished all the faction missions, and got up to 50% complete but I'm going to leave it there for now. It's a great game but there's almost too much to do to complete it 100% and I'm getting tired of it.

"What are you gonna do?"

"What I do best. I'm gonna kill 'em. Anyone that was involved. Anybody who profited from it. Anybody who opens their eyes at me."

(in reply to SWOTBM)
Post #: 1436
RE: Today I completed... - 29/7/2011 10:47:25 PM   
Dark Knight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dark Knight

Spiderman - Shattered Dimensions

Great game - loved it and probably the best Spiderman game that I have played although I did miss the free-roam of some previous Spiderman titles but the different styles (loved Noir Spidey) made up for it. Will go back to it and do it again on hard and try to go for the rest of the challenges....

Just got the 1000g points out of this - took me 25 hours and 46 mins. Shame to see it end because I still reckon it is the best Spiderman game out there.

Post #: 1437
RE: Today I completed... - 30/7/2011 4:58:56 PM   
juanvasquez

Resident Evil 3 for the umpteenth time. Don't make them like they used to

Also finished the Wii version of Captain America. Not shit, but not great either. Moderate.

Post #: 1438
RE: Today I completed... - 31/7/2011 11:37:28 PM   
indysgill

Castlevania - Lords of Shadow, on easy.
Dont know if i want to got thru it on Very Hard, had to switch down from Hard to easy because of the fuckin big nosed troll!

Post #: 1439
RE: Today I completed... - 2/8/2011 1:59:45 AM   
indysgill

quote:

ORIGINAL: indysgill

Castlevania - Lords of Shadow, on easy.
Dont know if i want to got thru it on Very Hard, had to switch down from Hard to easy because of the fuckin big nosed troll!

Could not be arsed with the trials and other difficulties. Sent it back, hopefully its Dead Space 2 next.

(in reply to indysgill)
Post #: 1440
Page:   <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: TODAY I COMPLETED... Page: <<   < prev  46 47 [48] 49 50   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI